10+ Year Old Account
    In the state the game is Bioware needs to go out and actively engage the fanbase. This lack of communication is what promotes that behavior. Issues people raise are very legit and at this critical time Bioware hunkering down and putting on radio silence is the worst thing to do.

They should be there daily in force, acknowledge issues, managing the community, conversing with people - and I am not talking about devs, there are CMs for that. Their one-two posts per day if that are only making it all spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Imagine a world where when a developer doesn't directly communicate much for a single day is a huge red flag to people while simultaneously dealing with devs like blizzard where they've been radio silent for over a year.
    Nobody even asks for developers to directly babysit them, a simple CM would do the trick. I mean, heck, take my thread there that clocked 3.6k upvotes and 1k comments over absolutely silly goose ridiculous bug... they just let this thing ferment there instead of like having one CM get in there and write a simple "we're on it" message.

This is not normal. Especially for Bioware in situation they are now. Blizzard could afford this shit in past, but even they realized it's not sustainable. Bioware? With what they had put out and TD2 hammering them on top of that? They don't have the luxury Blizzard had.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2019-03-12 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It's like my nightmare coming true now - Ubisoft of all publishers releases an amazing smooth AAA game with a ton of content that does it right, while Bioware releases an absolute trainwreck that has nothing, but graphics behind it.
    And gameplay imo, I never got on with the divisions glued to walls while shooting bullet sponge totally normal dudes in bandanas approach. Anthem's game play is easily the most fun to me out of all the looter shooters, and that's with it being an unpolished mess.

Wish I could jump forward to when they finish the game because I enjoy it.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    And gameplay imo, I never got on with the divisions glued to walls while shooting bullet sponge totally normal dudes in bandanas approach. Anthem's game play is easily the most fun to me out of all the looter shooters, and that's with it being an unpolished mess.

Wish I could jump forward to when they finish the game because I enjoy it.
    Yet this is exactly how ME games played and it was amazing. Golden ages of Bioware, really.

The point is not even that, the point is the level of polish and systems in TD2 is stellar, it's almost amazing how well done and thought out things are there.

You could say "but they had TD1" but realistically - it's not like Anthem is completely first time ever Bioware does something like that with Frostbite - they heavily reused Andromeda for abilities, combos and gameplay (and maybe that's why combat is good, mostly), but they completely failed on the usability front, which is pretty shocking considering Andromeda was too done with Frostbite and they should have had enough experience figuring out dos and don'ts.

You know what's the biggest sad joke here? In Andromeda you could set waypoints.

In the state the game is Bioware needs to go out and actively engage the fanbase. This lack of communication is what promotes that behavior. Issues people raise are very legit and at this critical time Bioware hunkering down and putting on radio silence is the worst thing to do.
    Again that's debatable, like the last 2 days has been almost entirely about drop rate which imo isn't an issue at all. The game drops enough items, the issue is itemization.

But you got this community thinking that if they just dramatically increase the drop rates that its going to fix it, as opposed to making us just spend that much more time scrapping purples with their slow scrapping system.

There are a handful of threads that bring up genuinely good criticisms, but they don't get anywhere near the attention that the peanut gallery threads do. Anything that points out flaws or new bugs like your thread gets massive attention, but constructive feedback is getting blips.

They should be there daily in force, acknowledge issues, managing the community, conversing with people - and I am not talking about devs, there are CMs for that. Their one-two posts per day if that are only making it all spread.
    But what are the CM's supposed to post? Or anyone for that matter? Especially with Ben not there who makes up a large chunk of the posts since someone in his position can post a lot more freely than a CM.

They've already said they're iterating on it, so are they just supposed to keep repeating that every day a bunch of times? That won't just put fuel on the fire after a few days of the same? They need something tangible, which isn't going to happen in a day or two.

I made this whole big ass post detailing what I think are major issues, but lord knows these things aren't going to get addressed or have solutions they'll be able to talk about overnight.

Yet this is exactly how ME games played and it was amazing. Golden ages of Bioware, really.
    Been thinking about buying them to play through since I never did, but ugh... in my experience very few games age well and it gets hard to try and get through them. Like I looked up videos for ME1 and it just doesn't seem like its holding up well. It'd be one of those "play it for the story, not the game play" type games.

Also doesn't help that I never heard the end of the ME3 ending or ME:A stuff.

The point is not even that, the point is the level of polish and systems in TD2 is stellar, it's almost amazing how well done and thought out things are there.

You could say "but they had TD1" but realistically - it's not like Anthem is completely first time ever Bioware does something like that with Frostbite - they heavily reused Andromeda for abilities, combos and gameplay (and maybe that's why combat is good, mostly), but they completely failed on the usability front, which is pretty shocking considering Andromeda was too done with Frostbite and they should have had enough experience figuring out dos and don'ts.

You know what's the biggest sad joke here? In Andromeda you could set waypoints.
    Comparing Andromeda to TD1 is a false equivalence, you know that though.

Yeah they used the same concepts for game play, but that's not the same thing as reusing assets the way TD is. Kudos to them for them seemingly learning from their mistakes though with the 2nd release, unlike destiny.

Man, their silence on reddit today is not going over well. They've been doing a good job communicating so far and they needed to be active today, disappointed that they didn't keep it up. Hopefully they come out swinging tomorrow and have some update posts prepped.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, their silence on reddit today is not going over well. They've been doing a good job communicating so far and they needed to be active today, disappointed that they didn't keep it up. Hopefully they come out swinging tomorrow and have some update posts prepped.
    They haven't been silent today?
    https://developertracker.com/anthem/...s%5B%5D=Reddit

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Ah, IIRC that thread got removed by mods but I guess they put it back up so I hadn't seen the responses.

Looks like there's one other post so I stand corrected on the total silence bit, but there were definitely a number of threads on bigger issues that I'd have loved to see them respond to.

Ah, IIRC that thread got removed by mods but I guess they put it back up so I hadn't seen the responses.

Looks like there's one other post so I stand corrected on the total silence bit, but there were definitely a number of threads on bigger issues that I'd have loved to see them respond to.
    Well unfortunately the last time they gave an update post along the lines of what you were describing earlier people jumped all over them for it...

Hopefully they're preparing for a Thursday patch or something.

One thing I'm noticing - there are a lot of folks complaining about the "kill 100 beasts" freeplay event. And I think there's an interesting reason why.

It's a 3 day event, and realistically killing 100 beasts doesn't seem onerous over 3 days. But the interesting thing is that players are viewing it as something they need to specifically do, "target farm", and they're bristling at that because it's a boring grind.

Now I may be off base (and if I am please correct me), but these kinds of events seem like they're not designed to be target farmed but rather passively completed. I'm thinking back to the original GW2 version of dailies where you were given a diverse list of activities that could largely be completed everywhere. You could target farm them, but for a good number they were things you would just naturally/passively achieve through normal gameplay.

And that looks like what this kind of event is, something that's designed for you to complete through normal freeplay. But folks are treating it like it needs to be target farmed, and I think I know why.

Content. The concerns about the lack of diversity with content and more importantly the lack of overall content (and engaging content) is the core issue here. Was there a strong reason to frequently go dick around and kill shit in freeplay (which there doesn't appear to be right now?) this wouldn't be an issue because folks would just passively be completing it and not even thinking about it. But because there isn't that good reason to play a lot of freeplay, players feel like this is something that needs to be done specifically and when you look at it that way...yeah, this is a totally boring/bullshit event.

I'm following along with a lot of the discussions/criticisms (and getting a lot of downvotes for periodically "defending" BW on some issues), and it's fascinating to watch discussions unfold. It's actually super fascinating to watch, but not in the "I like watching car crashes" way. Did the same thing for other games that struggled (Destiny 2, FO76 etc.) and it's even more interesting looking at the similarities between these games both in terms of the issues they've faced and the communities responses/behavior.

One thing I'm noticing - there are a lot of folks complaining about the "kill 100 beasts" freeplay event. And I think there's an interesting reason why.

It's a 3 day event, and realistically killing 100 beasts doesn't seem onerous over 3 days. But the interesting thing is that players are viewing it as something they need to specifically do, "target farm", and they're bristling at that because it's a boring grind.

Now I may be off base (and if I am please correct me), but these kinds of events seem like they're not designed to be target farmed but rather passively completed. I'm thinking back to the original GW2 version of dailies where you were given a diverse list of activities that could largely be completed everywhere. You could target farm them, but for a good number they were things you would just naturally/passively achieve through normal gameplay.

And that looks like what this kind of event is, something that's designed for you to complete through normal freeplay. But folks are treating it like it needs to be target farmed, and I think I know why.

Content. The concerns about the lack of diversity with content and more importantly the lack of overall content (and engaging content) is the core issue here. Was there a strong reason to frequently go dick around and kill shit in freeplay (which there doesn't appear to be right now?) this wouldn't be an issue because folks would just passively be completing it and not even thinking about it. But because there isn't that good reason to play a lot of freeplay, players feel like this is something that needs to be done specifically and when you look at it that way...yeah, this is a totally boring/bullshit event.

I'm following along with a lot of the discussions/criticisms (and getting a lot of downvotes for periodically "defending" BW on some issues), and it's fascinating to watch discussions unfold. It's actually super fascinating to watch, but not in the "I like watching car crashes" way. Did the same thing for other games that struggled (Destiny 2, FO76 etc.) and it's even more interesting looking at the similarities between these games both in terms of the issues they've faced and the communities responses/behavior.
    That's like 2-3 Skorpyrion World Events if that? One incentive to Freeplay are your dailies.. You generally always have at least one that involves freeplay. Alternatively, the minidungeons are a pretty decent source of Masterworks. It could be improved, but I actually enjoy freeplay quite a bit.

Sooo now that we got REspawns mid battle I notice that almost no one is getting us up now.....

Which is ASSTARDED Stupid since if we respawn we fly ALL THE WAY back to the last checkpoint and gotta fly ALL THE WAY back to the fight. We need respawns during battle they said, we are tired of sitting waiting to a pick up they said.......

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    That's like 2-3 Skorpyrion World Events if that? One incentive to Freeplay are your dailies.. You generally always have at least one that involves freeplay. Alternatively, the minidungeons are a pretty decent source of Masterworks. It could be improved, but I actually enjoy freeplay quite a bit.
    So - apparently I'm having folks on reddit say that this was supposed to be one of the "live events" in freeplay rather than something like a daily/weekly mission, is that correct?

If it is, then I'm fully on board with the criticisms given how painfully boring and uninspired this is and I retract my post.

If not then my earlier post stands.

I was in the middle of typing a post when they locked it, I was taken aback that they'd lock a thread that a dev was engaging with so I appealed it and they actually opened it back up right away. Mod said he didn't see the dev posts, guess that's fair enough. There is a LOT of stuff they're having to sift through right now and it was technically against the rules as self promotion.

Content. The concerns about the lack of diversity with content and more importantly the lack of overall content (and engaging content) is the core issue here.
    Its because its time limited and they want the reward before it goes away. Its really that simple, this behavior wouldn't change at all if they quadroupled the amount of content, because it'd still be a time limited and people would still want it at the earliest available opportunity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    Sooo now that we got REspawns mid battle I notice that almost no one is getting us up now.....

Which is ASSTARDED Stupid since if we respawn we fly ALL THE WAY back to the last checkpoint and gotta fly ALL THE WAY back to the fight. We need respawns during battle they said, we are tired of sitting waiting to a pick up they said.......
    I haven't noticed any change in behavior for resurrects.

- - - Updated - - -

So - apparently I'm having folks on reddit say that this was supposed to be one of the "live events" in freeplay rather than something like a daily/weekly mission, is that correct?

If it is, then I'm fully on board with the criticisms given how painfully boring and uninspired this is and I retract my post.

I haven't actually seen what we're talking about but I think they consider these kind of things like a "light event" kind of deal. Same with the named titans we killed for the vinyl. They're pretty weak for events, but they're not meant to be big in the first place. They need to do a much better job of announcing them to us though.

Do you mean a world event that dynamically spawns in? Because nothing on the roadmap has ever been a world event. Basically whenever we have something like Shaper Surge, There be giants, Outlaw Outrage, all the world events in freeplay end up being something to do with whatever the 3 day event is. The reward is just 1000 coin so I'm not really sure why people are super worried about missing it anyways.

Edit - I just actually was able to get on tonight... There's a new set of world events that, gasp, spawn predators... Do 5 of these over 3 days and you'll finish the quests.
    You can literally finish the event in an hour if you want to.
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2019-03-13 at 03:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again that's debatable, like the last 2 days has been almost entirely about drop rate which imo isn't an issue at all. The game drops enough items, the issue is itemization.
    There are two possible designs for this type of games, you either drop a lot of shit all the time, or you drop excellent items, but rarely. Anthem is about shit being dropped rarely, they desperately need to crank up drop rates, it's the quickest way to fix things and win them some time to make things as they should be on fucking release granted that load shitting noise that was diablo 3 release that everyone heard of, everyone understand why it happened, and no one should repeat that mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

FYI my sub just ran out today but I bought the standard edition and I did in fact keep my legion of dawn stuff, at least thus far.

edit: spoke too soon, it poofed after a while.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2019-03-13 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Glad I didnt buy the game. Been following the game for a while and I cant believe a company like BioWare has worked on this game for many years. And this is what they deliver?

Sad times.
    It's like people forgot in what state SWTOR was released.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    It's like people forgot in what state SWTOR was released.
    SWTOR had endgame. SWTOR had engaging story content. SWTOR didn't brick people's computers. What does anthem have?

Do we know if Masterworks components' tooltips are fixed / or when they will be ?

I've got my first legendary component yesterday but I have no clue what it really is. It has the symbol of the Gear Damage or Gear Cooldown component but has the Ice tooltip (without numbers), I could equip it with both an Amulet of Winter and a Mark of Wrath (even though you're not supposed to stack two times the same component), so that's a bit... Weird right now.

(and got my second legendary ability, of course neither a Primer or a Detonator, sigh)

Edit: just noticed this mess is also translated in the AnthemArchive site, so I guess that's not fixed yet
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2019-03-13 at 07:46 AM.

Yeaaah, haven't even logged into Anthem for a week.. the state of this game currently is disgusting

I might jump on the Division 2 bandwagon and never look back.. Devs stopped showing any effort to remedy things with just casual answers that act as if the game isn't in a state of emergency and needs instant changes to save it from abandonment ... fk EA
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+