1. #6541
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Are you seriously trying to justify death threats over a damn video game?

    What is wrong with you?
    Oh no he doesn't, he thinks it's perfectly okay to treat people like shit over something that might be out of their control, but he'll be absolutely shocked if that encourages someone to go a little bit further towards death threats!

  2. #6542
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    XP goes towards your Alliance and rewards coin at the end of the week.
    From getting bonuses to items to now Coins on a weekly basis LMAO.

    Anthem done messed up.
    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

    "Admit nothing, deny everything, launch counterattack." - Roger Stone (Trump's Friend, Ally, and Campaign Advisor)

  3. #6543
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    “Three days and three sleepless nights of spreadsheet writing and testing, not to mention countless loading screens.”

    Shit, and some still complain about the feedback, fuck that’s some serious dedication for someone who isn’t getting paid for it, what I don’t understand is how the hell this sort of shit happened, Bioware has been doing RPGs for all this years, how can they mess this hard on something like this?
    The scaling was implemented this way to allow people to play with new Javelins without being absolutely screwed because they have no items for it, they probably don't expect people to game the system this way once they have high-level items because you're absolutely gimping yourself in terms of HP and couldn't do any decent level content.

  4. #6544
    Over 9000! Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    9,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Being critical, being direct and providing feedback =/= being an asshole.
    I warned people to wait with purchase. Now they complain .

    Voting with your wallet is the realy only effective thing to do. (and recent i will not log in protest = less time online translates in less money in microtrash)

    Problem with being critical when it comes to anthern, there is always someone defending it like it its life. I just dont understand those people.
    You can write them a critical manifesto and they will call you a troll/asshole/anything else.

    Also one thing i leared abauth feedback in recent years. Some companys will simply say they are listening to feedback, but then they do total 180.
    But general rule is:
    Bigger company (---- less listening
    Small company (---- more listening

    There is some flash game i played a few years ago when you could create your own game company. I named it Ea. I shipped half-finished products and spend a lot of advertising. Similar to this game, but much more simple:


  5. #6545
    https://www.ea.com/games/anthem/news/update-031519

    In the latest server-side update, we’ve made some notable changes to the loot drop rate in specific scenarios, which will take effect immediately in a server-side tuning update (you will not need to download anything.)

    These changes include:

    Masterwork & Legendary drop rates have been increased for Grandmaster 2 and Grandmaster 3 difficulty levels.
    Masterwork & Legendary drop rates have been increased for harder enemies at all difficulty levels. This includes: Legendary Titan, Epic Titan, Legendary Fury, Legendary Acid Ursix and Legendary Luminary Elder.
    Good updates via hotfix. Hopefully there will be a better reason to do GM2/3 and stick around for the last boss in HoR (IIRC that's the one, but may be miss-remembering) rather than leave after the first two chests.

  6. #6546
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    From getting bonuses to items to now Coins on a weekly basis LMAO.

    Anthem done messed up.
    When did XP give bonuses to items?

  7. #6547
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    If the purpose of a forum post is simply to vent your frustrations and be an asshole, it's not likely to be taken seriously and nothing constructive comes from it.
    Then no harm was done anyway if that is true and the person got to get that frustration off their chest. If the devs simply can't handle it - oh well, as I've come to terms with maybe it's time for a bit of asshole'ery because I'm no longer sold on just being critical, direct and honest is enough. We've been told that for year and yet here we are again with a shotty screwed up product being asked to wait and give them more time to fix what should not have been such issues to start with.

    You can be extremely critical, direct and honest about what you feel about a game, but responding with nothing but feelings solves nothing.
    These days I disagree as I think it does a world of good to really let people vent when they feel scammed as many have with anthem and it seems to be some new issues every couple days combined with old issues to boot.

    Someones feelings area about as honest as one can get these days. Let it happen on forums.

    You obviously have the right to do it, but it's not constructive at all and as the post from the Anthem community manager said, being an asshole like that drives the Dev's away from interacting with the community. It's not the developers job to interact with the community so why would they put themselves out there just to be shit on?
    As someone else said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    My favourite part is the Pre-game release vs Post game release part. He is essentially complaining that people were nicer to them while they fed them lies. And after people realized they became a lot less friendly. Well, no shit.
    Given that, I no longer care if they speak or not. It's be a massive PR spun POS most likely anyway. If it's not their job to talk maybe it's best for them not to. Maybe then if something is released it wont feel like such a scam to many gamers when the final product isn't what the game company showed and hyped but downgraded. Maybe when they choose to talk it wont be a lie or better yet, when things change they actually tell you they did.

    You want the devs to do better? How? What did they break? What isn't working? What specifically do they need to do better? THAT'S how you make a better game; constructive criticism.
    In the case of anthem I think doing better is a pretty obvious need for anthem in a large number of areas. You can read quite a few posts on all the things you ask and no matter how that message is delivered, you get the point of the message and what the gamer wants. Asshole or not. I'm no longer sold on just saying constructive criticism works.

    Telling them they're stupid, did a horrible job, wasted 6 years of development, put out a shitty game and that you can't believe how bad it is isn't constructive.
    To which I say again, oh well because at the end of the day bioware made some really stupid moves given the current state of the game. They seem like they wasted a large part of 6 years on a screwed up project while doing a rather horrible job in many areas and put out a rather shitty game because of all the previous and I don't feel like any of that is a lie. So being constructive to save a game developer their feelings because they might not want to talk later is a waste of time in my eyes these days to boot. I'm coming to terms with gamers being more than just pissed off at that kind of development and when posts reflect that, I'm starting to realize I'm ok with it. Little need for pleasantries at this point.

    SNIP.... I won't ask for his opinion again or pay attention to it in the future, not at the job I did because I don't know what he didn't like.

    I imagine the Anthem developers work in a similar fashion.
    They may work like what you said but I like forums in this situation because they are all based on someone giving their opinions and there is no need to ask for that opinion. forums are there to give it asked for or not.

    Take it or leave it, it's there for use or not and when you have situations that are like anthem, as I said, I'm realizing if that opinion comes across as an asshole to developers. So what. Sometimes situations call for a lot more dynamic wording and emotions than pretending you have any semblance of being "ok with the situation". Not everyone has plans to be eloquent in their feedback or even can be and nor should they be expected to be. Make someone feel like they were scammed and you deserve what you get.

    Fair enough. So long as the constructive feedback comes along with it, can't really argue against that.
    It's not the way I handle things but I'm thinking a good bit of asshole feedback is a good thing when you have products released like anthem was.
    Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
    What you get: 7 free days of play plus a bundle of goodies: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

  8. #6548
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    When did XP give bonuses to items?
    I meant Bonuses and/or items etc...

    Anthem's XP system is unrewarding at the end and is pointless in the beginning IMO.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-03-15 at 04:28 PM.
    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

    "Admit nothing, deny everything, launch counterattack." - Roger Stone (Trump's Friend, Ally, and Campaign Advisor)

  9. #6549
    Dev's aren't stupid. They know what they are shipping and they know when its bad. (not counting bugs and unintended side effects).

    But its never the devs deciding when a game is shipped.

    Andromeda, Fallout 76, Anthem those problem don't come from the devs (usually). They come from on high.
    Nothing wrong with complaining, consumers need to make their voice heard but the dev's know what's wrong. They just don't have the power to change it.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  10. #6550
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.ea.com/games/anthem/news/update-031519



    Good updates via hotfix. Hopefully there will be a better reason to do GM2/3 and stick around for the last boss in HoR (IIRC that's the one, but may be miss-remembering) rather than leave after the first two chests.
    They're adding cosmetic chests next week. Monitor actually isn't too bad now. If you have appropriate gear he pretty much melts.

  11. #6551
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    It's not the way I handle things but I'm thinking a good bit of asshole feedback is a good thing when you have products released like anthem was.
    As you said, I'll agree that I don't really see much harm if the developers don't look at it, but then I don't see the point in posting it anyway. If the only reason you're posting is to be an asshole and vent, knowing or at least with the understanding that the developers aren't likely to look at it or take it seriously, why post? Just to vent? Seems pointless to me, and a waste of time.

    You don't have anything better to do with your life besides post a basically meaningless post on an online forum? Obviously you have the right to spend your time as you want, I just don't see the point. There are better ways to vent your frustration if all you ant to do is cool off than posting on a forum being an asshole. As I stated, this is my opinion of course.

  12. #6552
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa.../?context=1000

    And the gear scaling issue introduced in 1.0.3 is getting fixed with the next patch. Hoping for more info (date, what caused the issue etc.), but at least we know a fix is coming.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    They're adding cosmetic chests next week. Monitor actually isn't too bad now. If you have appropriate gear he pretty much melts.
    Yeah, the bigger issue just seems to be players leaving after the first two chests. Without a leaver penalty I guess a lot of folks think they have a better shot at loot farming those first two chests and not wasting time on the boss (which can take a while with PUGS). They really need to put a leaver penalty in the game. It's depressingly one of the many pretty standard QoL features missing from the game : /

  13. #6553
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, the bigger issue just seems to be players leaving after the first two chests. Without a leaver penalty I guess a lot of folks think they have a better shot at loot farming those first two chests and not wasting time on the boss (which can take a while with PUGS). They really need to put a leaver penalty in the game. It's depressingly one of the many pretty standard QoL features missing from the game : /
    Not a leaver penalty, but an incentive to actually kill the boss.

    Better loot, exclusive cosmetics, or simply "you'll have your items as soon as the boss dies"

  14. #6554
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa.../?context=1000

    And the gear scaling issue introduced in 1.0.3 is getting fixed with the next patch. Hoping for more info (date, what caused the issue etc.), but at least we know a fix is coming.



    Yeah, the bigger issue just seems to be players leaving after the first two chests. Without a leaver penalty I guess a lot of folks think they have a better shot at loot farming those first two chests and not wasting time on the boss (which can take a while with PUGS). They really need to put a leaver penalty in the game. It's depressingly one of the many pretty standard QoL features missing from the game : /
    It doesn't help that final bosses can't drop weapons, I think that if they changed that to a guaranteed weapon it would incentivise people.

  15. #6555
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Not a leaver penalty, but an incentive to actually kill the boss.

    Better loot, exclusive cosmetics, or simply "you'll have your items as soon as the boss dies"
    Why not both : 3

    Though they just did bump up legendary drop rates on the boss so we'll see what kind of impact that has.

    Edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa.../?context=1000

    Instead of using how many items you actually have equipped, the calculation will be done by how many slots you have unlocked. This means at level 30, for example, your average power score will be divided by 11 even if you have empty weapon/gear/component slots.

  16. #6556
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa.../?context=1000

    And the gear scaling issue introduced in 1.0.3 is getting fixed with the next patch. Hoping for more info (date, what caused the issue etc.), but at least we know a fix is coming.
    He added some more details:

    Spoke with the designer on this so I understand how it's being "fixed".

    Instead of using how many items you actually have equipped, the calculation will be done by how many slots you have unlocked. This means at level 30, for example, your average power score will be divided by 11 even if you have empty weapon/gear/component slots.

  17. #6557
    Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    He added some more details:
    Yeah, just updated.

    I'm not a math guy, but this doesn't look like a great fix to me. It looks like it's going to reward players who just stack their highest level loot, largely regardless of the mods on it. I'll let the theorycrafters sort out the details, but it looks to me like a very simple "solution" (quotes because I don't see it solving the problem based off of what I know) for a more complex problem.

  18. #6558
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, just updated.

    I'm not a math guy, but this doesn't look like a great fix to me. It looks like it's going to reward players who just stack their highest level loot, largely regardless of the mods on it. I'll let the theorycrafters sort out the details, but it looks to me like a very simple "solution" (quotes because I don't see it solving the problem based off of what I know) for a more complex problem.
    That's the problem with releasing a broken system and having to run to patch it before everyone leaves.
    You don't have time to think up and test out complete solutions so you go with quick fixes.

    *insert rant about how your supposed to figure this all out during the YEARS you have developing the game*
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  19. #6559
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, just updated.

    I'm not a math guy, but this doesn't look like a great fix to me. It looks like it's going to reward players who just stack their highest level loot, largely regardless of the mods on it. I'll let the theorycrafters sort out the details, but it looks to me like a very simple "solution" (quotes because I don't see it solving the problem based off of what I know) for a more complex problem.
    Well, shouldn't that be how it is? What's the point of putting a "level" on loot if it doesn't do anything? It's not that much different from preferring Ancient Legendaries to regular Legendaries in Diablo.

    If you don't want that to happen, it's an easy fix. Make a Legendary have the same level as a Masterwork, or maybe only have it be 2 or so item levels higher.

  20. #6560
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, just updated.

    I'm not a math guy, but this doesn't look like a great fix to me. It looks like it's going to reward players who just stack their highest level loot, largely regardless of the mods on it. I'll let the theorycrafters sort out the details, but it looks to me like a very simple "solution" (quotes because I don't see it solving the problem based off of what I know) for a more complex problem.
    Its not a great fix, but its a stopgap while they work on fixing the loot system as a whole.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •