1. #7161
    Pit Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Orbis Terrarum
    Posts
    2,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Perfect illustration of someone who shouldn't be watching pre-release promotions. E3 is a place where studios showcase concepts of games they want to make, it should never be viewed as promises as to what will definitely make it into the game. If this was the first video game you'd ever bought I might have some degree of sympathy for your opinion, but as you have been a member of MMO-C for 7 years you should have some experience of how things change during development, and you really shouldn't be getting upset to the point you're crying about them "lying" and "false advertising." Just wait until games are actually released and then see what features are included, and whilst I personally don't think user or professional reviews are perfect for seeing if a game is for you they are better sources than promotional or work-in-progress previews.
    So we should be okay with things like Watchdogs heavily downgrading graphics form what we have seen on the trailer? Sorry, but when people see game trailer, they should expect things they see to make into the release. It's like gaming companies don't bullshit us enough, we should swallow false adverts now. What kind of logic is that? Trailers are made for promotional purpose (doens't matter if it's E3), but let us em bullshit us!
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2019-04-07 at 05:29 PM.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  2. #7162
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    SNIP...
    Perfect illustration of someone who shouldn't be watching pre-release promotions. E3 is a place where studios showcase concepts of games they want to make, it should never be viewed as promises as to what will definitely make it into the game. If this was the first video game you'd ever bought I might have some degree of sympathy for your opinion, but as you have been a member of MMO-C for 7 years you should have some experience of how things change during development, and you really shouldn't be getting upset to the point you're crying about them "lying" and "false advertising." Just wait until games are actually released and then see what features are included, and whilst I personally don't think user or professional reviews are perfect for seeing if a game is for you they are better sources than promotional or work-in-progress previews.
    Sorry but no. Even if you take false stance that E3 is just for showing off fake shit, it doesn't make it acceptable. Combine that with the fact they continued to push that on the rail, not really in game material video all the way to 5 months before release and it just makes it worse. 5 monthstill launch and we got the Our World. My Story Trailer which just pushed more of the same lies. Not E3. Just more lies and we all damn well knew bioware knew it was lies. They barely had the game working and had only one mission that even the testers couldn't try because the game crashes so much.

    You are correct this isn't my first game purchase which is why I'm as shocked as I am that a scarce few people want to defend the game in this way. I've never ran across such blatant lies (besides NMS) for a game being released that I was interested in play. anthem didn't just change a little which we can all expect. It's changed a lot. More than one should be willing to excuse or just accept.

    As far as waiting for the game to release, I did the whole origin thing so being out $15 was a Godsend given how the game turned out but that doesn't change the fact that the the false advertisement for anthem is very real even if someones interest came late. My tolerance levels for those kinds of lies is not very high.
    Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
    What you get: 7 free days of play plus a bundle of goodies: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

  3. #7163
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    People who are likely to get upset or angry about video games not being exactly how they imagine should steer clear of things like E3 or other pre-release promotions. Wait until the game is released and see what features are actually in the game that hits the shelves, don't rely on things that could boil down to just hopes and dreams. Hype is great if it adds to your enjoyment of a game, but if you're bad at handling disappointment hype can be a negative thing.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Perfect illustration of someone who shouldn't be watching pre-release promotions. E3 is a place where studios showcase concepts of games they want to make, it should never be viewed as promises as to what will definitely make it into the game. If this was the first video game you'd ever bought I might have some degree of sympathy for your opinion, but as you have been a member of MMO-C for 7 years you should have some experience of how things change during development, and you really shouldn't be getting upset to the point you're crying about them "lying" and "false advertising." Just wait until games are actually released and then see what features are included, and whilst I personally don't think user or professional reviews are perfect for seeing if a game is for you they are better sources than promotional or work-in-progress previews.
    You do realize trailers are how people choose what to watch/play right? If an avengers trailer shows Thanos as a big badass motherfucker and you end up getting Will Smith painted blue singing songs while shooting lazers from his belly button you don't think people going to the movie have a right to be pissed because they thought Thanos was going to be a massive purple/pink guy?

    Claiming something is in game footage and having npcs walk up to you and give you quests is going to make people assume thats what will happen in the game. And if you don't tell your potential customers of all the shit you downgraded how are they supposed to know what the actual game is like other than waiting months after release to see how the game is being handled and watching game plays and stuff which if you do then you miss out on all the preorder stuff?

  4. #7164
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    On July 2018, it was in the game.
    It was planned at this point, afaik we never saw anything but posts about the concept.

    The game was planned to release 3 months later.
    And then it didn't, and more information came out.
    It was cut at the last minute because they couldn't get it fully working in the original time frame.
    Afaik we don't have any information on the state of it or what happened with it. For all we know they never even started seriously working on it due to the crunch time rush to manage to get the game out at all.

    These aren't features they've purposely removed as informed decisions. These are cuts due to time constraints, poor managing and an unstable production timeline even after production actually began.
    Yes, that is true as far as we're aware.

    You're defending the final product as if it's what they wanted the game to be.
    I'm not defending anything, I'm arguing against the nonsense assertion that there was false advertising. There was no false advertising, period.

    It's not what they envisioned nor is it what they portrayed. I don't care what viewpoint you take or why you want to so fervently defend a malformed product, but the fact is, that at the end of the day, it's not what they wanted to make or what was expected of them.
    I think all involved would likely agree with this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    E3 is a world stage way of presenting your game. It's not a chance to pitch a random idea that might not pan out.
    E3 is predominately marketing for games, its really not meant to be a systems deep dive or anything super informative. Its absolutely normal for things to be presented at E3 and then not deliver on what was sold there. No different than Blizzard consistently not delivering on everything after every blizzcon.

    No, people shouldn't have to check every single update about a game until its day of launch to see what's been cut due to mismanagement, to see what features have been abandoned due to time constraints.
    I mean, you don't have to. I personally like to make informed purchases, if others don't then that's on them.

    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    To run a blatantly false trailer that you know is a lie
    Where does it say that they did this?

    The kotaku article is the most information we have and nowhere in it does it state they knowingly misled the public. They made trailers based on the game they expected to make at the time, and then continued

    If you did even the smallest bit of research
    Uh, I did do research. Hence why I know that they delivered exactly what they said they were going to leading up to the launch. If I didn't do research, I wouldn't know that.

    What you're implying is that I was supposed to knowingly go hunt for outdated information and then get angry that that outdated information disagreed with the more current information. This entire premise is asinine.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    And if you don't tell your potential customers of all the shit you downgraded
    People were absolutely able to find out what was downgraded / changed before launch. They straight up told us what we were getting and people playing the demo or early access versions made all this information available.

    If people choose to be uninformed consumers running on months / years old information that's entirely on them.
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"

  5. #7165
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I'm not defending anything, I'm arguing against the nonsense assertion that there was false advertising. There was no false advertising, period.
    And you're still ignoring the fake Fort Tarsis and the Fake Enemy AI shown in the original E3 2017 trailer among other things.

    E3 is predominately marketing for games, its really not meant to be a systems deep dive or anything super informative. Its absolutely normal for things to be presented at E3 and then not deliver on what was sold there. No different than Blizzard consistently not delivering on everything after every blizzcon.
    Just because it's "Normal" it still doesn't make it right.

    Marketing For Games = Advertisements and to say it's not a deep dive or anything super informative is a complete Bull, unless it's a Cutscene, the footage it's meant to show you how the game is played and give you good Idea of what the final product will be.

    I mean, you don't have to. I personally like to make informed purchases, if others don't then that's on them.
    And you keep on Purporting this lie, thinking you're making Informed purchases when Ignoring Clear lies from the Developers.

    Uh, I did do research. Hence why I know that they delivered exactly what they said they were going to leading up to the launch. If I didn't do research, I wouldn't know that.
    Yeah and I researched it too and it turns out Bioware was lying.

    What you're implying is that I was supposed to knowingly go hunt for outdated information and then get angry that that outdated information disagreed with the more current information. This entire premise is asinine.
    The NMS Developer Lying is suddenly Outdated Information now too because they didn't Watch a Review or play the Early Access version of the game?

    People were absolutely able to find out what was downgraded / changed before launch. They straight up told us what we were getting and people playing the demo or early access versions made all this information available.
    You're essentially saying ALL Fake Gameplay Footage and Lies made before Launch don't matter and if You didn't watch any reviews before the game comes out that's Your fault, while completely ignoring Peoples Expectations Developers made by Previous Footage up to "Early Access"

    If people choose to be uninformed consumers running on months / years old information that's entirely on them.
    How about NMS? Did you care about all those lies or were all those people who were fooled just also Uninformed because they didn't watch a Review on youtube.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-04-07 at 11:05 PM.
    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

    "Admit nothing, deny everything, launch counterattack." - Roger Stone (Trump's Friend, Ally, and Campaign Advisor)

  6. #7166
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    It was planned at this point, afaik we never saw anything but posts about the concept.

    And then it didn't, and more information came out.

    Afaik we don't have any information on the state of it or what happened with it. For all we know they never even started seriously working on it due to the crunch time rush to manage to get the game out at all.
    Oh right. At launch, after quizzed on it, they suddenly admitted they cut it. (Link is from 2 months ago.)

    https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa.../?context=1000

    Because of the way it interacted with "stats". Oh right, there are no fucking stats. That's why it's not in. It had nothing to effect.


    I'm not defending anything, I'm arguing against the nonsense assertion that there was false advertising. There was no false advertising, period.




    One of the last trailers they released prior to launch is pretty much made up of in-game cutscenes that you don't even get to play yourself.



    E3 is predominately marketing for games, its really not meant to be a systems deep dive or anything super informative. Its absolutely normal for things to be presented at E3 and then not deliver on what was sold there. No different than Blizzard consistently not delivering on everything after every blizzcon.

    I mean, you don't have to. I personally like to make informed purchases, if others don't then that's on them.
    So false advertising becoming normal is acceptable to you? OK. Makes your stance pretty transparent. Are Super Bowl commercials not real? If someone gets up on a world stage and tells people about the film they're releasing in a year's time, is it OK if the film they release is nothing like that, or do they suffer immense backlash for it?

    Do people have to keep up on gossip columns and every single film update released to make sure the film hasn't turned into something else altogether since the last trailer? What kind of redundant thinking is this?

    Most accurate trailer they released pre-launch:


  7. #7167
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    There was some Blatant Misleading info in that trailer, Decisions you make in the game have no effect on game play.
    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

    "Admit nothing, deny everything, launch counterattack." - Roger Stone (Trump's Friend, Ally, and Campaign Advisor)

  8. #7168
    @Shinzai why do you keep linking trailers? Have we not gone over this?

    They said the pilot tree was scrapped even before that post you linked, the dude even references them having said this in the OP that you linked. I don't really get what you're doing linking that besides proving my point?
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"

  9. #7169
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    @Shinzai why do you keep linking trailers? Have we not gone over this?
    Because you're clearly ignoring the lies made by the Developers.

    They said the pilot tree was scrapped even before that post you linked, the dude even references them having said this in the OP that you linked. I don't really get what you're doing linking that besides proving my point?
    Seems like you're also blatantly ignoring his points, and Prove what point? That you think people were making Uninformed Decisions because they didn't watch a Review on Youtube while ignoring peoples expectations of the game before that Point?
    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

    "Admit nothing, deny everything, launch counterattack." - Roger Stone (Trump's Friend, Ally, and Campaign Advisor)

  10. #7170
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Oh right. At launch, after quizzed on it, they suddenly admitted they cut it. (Link is from 2 months ago.)

    https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa.../?context=1000
    That was posted on 2-5. They answered it on 2-5. It was released on 2-15 and 2-22. It was brought up prior to launch though they certainly could have brought it up more then just on reddit (though I know several sites picked up on it).

    They didn't cut the pilot tree because of the way it interacted with stats. They cut it because they felt it was boring to be "pick up radius" type effects that could mostly be put into components. They said it had to be those types of things because it was independent of what Javelin you use. But hey "stats" sums up everything. It is no wonder you felt lied to when you make everything "stats".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Seems like you're also blatantly ignoring his points, and Prove what point? That you think people were making Uninformed Decisions because they didn't watch a Review on Youtube while ignoring peoples expectations of the game before that Point?
    Things change. People need to use the latest info to set their expectations otherwise their expectations will be as outdated as the info they are basing it on. Your argument is that I can say Microsoft lied to me because they once said we will never need more then 640k of ram. It doesn't matter that it has since changed. Because we have to hold them to what they said in the past. According to you.

    And you are wrong.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  11. #7171
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    @Shinzai why do you keep linking trailers? Have we not gone over this?

    They said the pilot tree was scrapped even before that post you linked, the dude even references them having said this in the OP that you linked. I don't really get what you're doing linking that besides proving my point?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa..._tree/efuc9ng/

    The pilot progression system was still listed on the game's own site.

    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/anthe...in-progression

    This wasn't something they changed months before launch. The game was meant to have launched, again, when they removed it.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That was posted on 2-5. They answered it on 2-5. It was released on 2-15 and 2-22. It was brought up prior to launch though they certainly could have brought it up more then just on reddit (though I know several sites picked up on it).

    They didn't cut the pilot tree because of the way it interacted with stats. They cut it because they felt it was boring to be "pick up radius" type effects that could mostly be put into components. They said it had to be those types of things because it was independent of what Javelin you use. But hey "stats" sums up everything. It is no wonder you felt lied to when you make everything "stats".
    Christ you're a tool.

    If looter games aren't focused around chasing stats and having fun min-maxing, what are they focused on?
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2019-04-07 at 11:57 PM.

  12. #7172
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    SNIP....

    Where does it say that they did this?

    The kotaku article is the most information we have and nowhere in it does it state they knowingly misled the public. They made trailers based on the game they expected to make at the time, and then continued
    IT's elementary!

    It's in the article where bioware had no game but some footage on the rails video that they showed for nearly 2 years and it was never actually in game footage. Not playable and not never making it to the public. Hell, they couldn't even get their servers to run so developers could fix things much less everything that trailer showed to be in game when it was never actually a game but thats not how bioware sold it and obvious it bioware was never capable of putting what tey sold the game on in an actual game when they finally got to something similar to an actual game.

    A game they expected to make? Thats come amazing BS you got going on there to justify the false advertisement here.


    Uh, I did do research. Hence why I know that they delivered exactly what they said they were going to leading up to the launch. If I didn't do research, I wouldn't know that.
    You missing important information bioware continued to push out just means what research you did was pretty poor. Nothing more. You'd have to have had blinders on it think what bioware continued to show was what they delivered.
    Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
    What you get: 7 free days of play plus a bundle of goodies: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

  13. #7173
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    IT's elementary!
    Ahok, so we're taking information we have and then making up our own stories. Got it.
    You missing important information bioware continued to push out just means what research you did was pretty poor. Nothing more. You'd have to have had blinders on it think what bioware continued to show was what they delivered.
    Still refusing reality where they were open about what was cut and what was in leading up to launch. Got it.

    Aite, I've had enough of this convo. Its just gonna be circles from here.
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"

  14. #7174
    Does GM3 increase the number of enemies that spawn as well as their damage and toughness? I've been having some insane fights tonight as I do my elite contracts.

  15. #7175
    Afaik no, just dmg / hp scaling. Dunno if the AI is any different, I know there's a huge difference from the lowest difficulties vs hard+ where the enemies go from not attacking you and missing constantly to basically having perfect tracking / aim.
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"

  16. #7176
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Are you suggesting the Article gave bad/wrong/misleading information?
    This is a perfect example of you just pulling out a small piece of information that someone posts and twisting it to serve your own agenda! This small part of Katchi's reply was obviously referring to companies having policies about employees not talking to the press, not anything to do with the meaning in Jason's article. You need to get over yourself.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    This ^

    All they have to do is redact what was shown. Admit to things changing but not only did BioWare never redact the lies they showed. BioWare kept pushing those lies all the way to 5 months before release when they damn well knew they game wasn’t as they showed it from that garbage PR video.

    That same fake video was shown at E3:in 2017. Shown again at E3:2018 and then again at a huge press event 5 months before the game came out.
    Wrong, wrong, wrong. This is what was shown at E3 2018:



    Wow, see the Colossus and Ranger flying around in the actual gameplay?? They even showed some of the actual cut scenes from the game as well. Looks just like what the game was at release. Just more people so focused at being pissed off at the game that they start inventing what was shown/done in the past to make themselves feel better...

  17. #7177
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Afaik no, just dmg / hp scaling. Dunno if the AI is any different, I know there's a huge difference from the lowest difficulties vs hard+ where the enemies go from not attacking you and missing constantly to basically having perfect tracking / aim.
    Maybe it's the effect of more enemies spawning in whilst we're still dealing with the first wave but I was having so much fun dodging and killing the crazy levels of enemies coming at me.

  18. #7178
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    On July 2018, it was in the game. The game was planned to release 3 months later.

    It was cut at the last minute because they couldn't get it fully working in the original time frame.

    These aren't features they've purposely removed as informed decisions. These are cuts due to time constraints, poor managing and an unstable production timeline even after production actually began.

    You're defending the final product as if it's what they wanted the game to be. It's not what they envisioned nor is it what they portrayed. I don't care what viewpoint you take or why you want to so fervently defend a malformed product, but the fact is, that at the end of the day, it's not what they wanted to make or what was expected of them.
    It wasn't cut because they couldn't get the system working; they came out officially in one of their live streams and said the skills they were working on were actually moved to the component system.

  19. #7179
    Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    Wow, see the Colossus and Ranger flying around in the actual gameplay?? They even showed some of the actual cut scenes from the game as well. Looks just like what the game was at release. Just more people so focused at being pissed off at the game that they start inventing what was shown/done in the past to make themselves feel better...
    That video showed an Interceptor throw some sort of freeze grenade when the actual game has them using a freeze glaive! It's all lies, BioWare conned us, bait-and-switch, we should sue EA, class action lawsuit etc.

  20. #7180
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Maybe it's the effect of more enemies spawning in whilst we're still dealing with the first wave but I was having so much fun dodging and killing the crazy levels of enemies coming at me.
    Could be it!

    I haven't messed about on GM3 much since I usually would just get melted. I'm 1 piece away from full lemon right now though so I might try it again. Haven't had the motivation since I can't really make a proper build right now with the gear options.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    It wasn't cut because they couldn't get the system working; they came out officially in one of their live streams and said the skills they were working on were actually moved to the component system.
    Which was pretty funny, because a lot of the more general and less useful inscriptions like pickup radius people are asking to be moved to such a tree.

    I think they should just pull a diablo and have secondaries, but yknow.
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •