Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Yeah, you're right. They could've just released a text adventure and I'm sure people would have defended that too.
    I mean, if you just want to take hyperbolic positions to feel smugly superior to others, sure. But what purpose does this serve?

FYI - Maintenance has ended.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    FYI - Maintenance has ended.
    https://twitter.com/EAHelp/status/1115308936834502656

Supposedly up now!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And despite that, many folks are still enjoying the game. That's a proven fact too. And they can enjoy the game without constant reminders of the development issues and how they caused the final product, because they're more focused on enjoying what they can play now. And that's fine and rad, they're having fun and the developers that busted ass in a short period of time to build the game hopefully get to see feedback from folks enjoying their work.

I mean really - how much more is there to discuss on the development issues? It seems like we're to the point where we're all arguing in circles while poking the same corpse of the dead horse expecting it to move again. Eventually you have to, you know, move on and shit rather than wait for the horse to start decomposing so you can complain about the stench.
    Nobody is saying people can't enjoy the bloody game though dude. People need to stop bringing this point up. If you enjoy the game then great.

But when there are blatant issues that people are willing to sideswipe or pretend don't exist then well..... it goes beyond enjoying it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-04-08 at 07:04 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    What we are doing is putting just a little bit of a time line together and seeing shit doesn't add up as bioware continued to push that same trailer which was never an actual game. Just an on the rails video..
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIf...bzgT9lQ/videos

A timeline that excludes all of the videos they had here pre-launch. Videos that are not just an E3 on the rails video from 2017 (or even 2018). Heck some of the videos even have "Alpha work in progress" on the video. If you only watch E3 videos then I can understand how you may feel like you were mislead. But it wasn't the developer who mislead if you purposefully limit yourself to convention videos and nothing else.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIf...bzgT9lQ/videos

A timeline that excludes all of the videos they had here pre-launch. Videos that are not just an E3 on the rails video from 2017 (or even 2018). Heck some of the videos even have "Alpha work in progress" on the video. If you only watch E3 videos then I can understand how you may feel like you were mislead. But it wasn't the developer who mislead if you purposefully limit yourself to convention videos and nothing else.
    You wouldn't have to limit yourself to just Convention videos and still think that one of biowares last big "hoorah!" trailer was a lot of farce. Downgraded well below and beyond what should be an acceptable amount of change or even omissions for game development.

15+ Year Old Account
    You wouldn't have to limit yourself to just Convention videos and still think that one of biowares last big "hoorah!" trailer was a lot of farce. Downgraded well below and beyond what should be an acceptable amount of change or even omissions for game development.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh2RHMcfHkg

Seems to be pretty accurate to the final product. There are also 10 videos prior to the Feb 15th launch. That show case what the game was like. Those are not that different then what the final product turned out to be. They did not mislead anyone except those who wanted to be mislead. They certainly did not meet expectations. But the information was there if people wanted to learn about the game and see the changes from early footage.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

It doesn't matter to some people. They'll make whatever excuse they can, they'll claim you're being stupid/uninformed etc... because you didn't play the early access or watch people streaming the game a week or two before the game is out, while they're completely Ignoring all the lies and peoples exceptions before that and acting like Streaming the game a week before the release makes it "Transparent and Genuine" because you didn't follow the game like an Obsessive fanboy.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-04-08 at 08:46 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    It doesn't matter to some people. They'll make whatever excuse they can, they'll claim you're being stupid/uninformed etc... because you didn't play the early access or watch people streaming the game a week or two before the game is out, while they're completely Ignoring all the lies and peoples exceptions before that and acting like Streaming the game a week before the release makes it "Transparent and Genuine" because you didn't follow the game like an Obsessive fanboy.
    It's also...a fair point. Informed consumers are smart consumers, and when there's life demo's of a product you're interested in, why wouldn't you either give it a try or see what others thought based on the demo? We had both the open beta weekend and the early access period, both of which raised plenty of red flags and were discussed pretty heavily.

BioWare wants to sell copies so they're going to present whatever they have in the best light, of course they wouldn't come out and say, "psyche! this is actually just a bullshit hackjob and we have no idea what we're actually building to launch in a year". It's not up to them to protect consumers from making bad decisions, it's up to consumers to protect themselves. Consumers have an immense amount of power, we just need to remember to exercise it.

It's also...a fair point. Informed consumers are smart consumers, and when there's life demo's of a product you're interested in, why wouldn't you either give it a try or see what others thought based on the demo? We had both the open beta weekend and the early access period, both of which raised plenty of red flags and were discussed pretty heavily.
    You're still ignoring all the Previous Lies made by the Developer, this Early Access was also only available to people who paid for it, are you suggesting that Reading Reviews of the game makes all the Lies okay too?

Informed to what Degree, They showed MULTIPLE MISLEADING TRAILERS and suddenly streaming the game a week before makes everything okay?

Consumers have an immense amount of power, we just need to remember to exercise it.
    Yeah and Changing things last Minute close to the Release Date is also extremely Shady.

You also can't expect Consumers to follow every game and like a Hawk, they literally only streamed the game a week or two Before Launch.

Not Every Consumer has time to either Join and/or get up to date with all the Controversies in the gaming world, the world is already exhausting enough.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-04-08 at 08:59 PM.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

You're still ignoring all the Previous Lies made by the Developer, this Early Access was also only available to people who paid for it, are you suggesting that Reading Reviews of the game makes all the Lies okay too?
    Reviews were out within days of launch, and the issues were already clear during the early access period. If consumers couldn't wait, that's on them. I waited. I don't regret it.

Informed to what Degree, They showed MULTIPLE MISLEADING TRAILERS and suddenly streaming the game a week before makes everything okay?
    No, but consumers also can't say they were duped given both the pre-launch and immediate coverage of the game at launch.

You also can't expect Consumers to follow every game like a Hawk, they literally only streamed the game a week or two Before Launch.
    Actually, I can. Consumers should educate and inform themselves about products rather than just buying into the marketing hype. For everything.

This isn't to say what BW did was fine, but that there was ample opportunity for consumers to make more informed decisions that they chose not to.

Reviews were out within days of launch, and the issues were already clear during the early access period. If consumers couldn't wait, that's on them. I waited. I don't regret it.
    Do reviews Exonerate Multiple Misleading Trailers and Lies made in the past Years?

No, but consumers also can't say they were duped given both the pre-launch and immediate coverage of the game at launch.
    That Coverage was nowhere near as Loud as E3 nor did that "Immediate coverage" get as much attention due to it not being on an Advertising platform like E3.

Actually, I can. Consumers should educate and inform themselves about products rather than just buying into the marketing hype. For everything.
    How about don't lie for 1-2 years out loud and expect everything to be okay when you decide to Allegedly be
    quietly "Honest" in the last two.

Do you really think Streaming the game a week or two Exonerates blatant lies made to the Public that can't/won't/don't watch game streams?

This isn't to say what BW did was fine, but that there was ample opportunity for consumers to make more informed decisions that they chose not to.
    And yet people wonder why Angry Joe gets so many views, even if they watched the Review, even if they watched the Stream what they did was still Misleading.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-04-08 at 09:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

I mean really - how much more is there to discuss on the development issues? It seems like we're to the point where we're all arguing in circles while poking the same corpse of the dead horse expecting it to move again. Eventually you have to, you know, move on and shit rather than wait for the horse to start decomposing so you can complain about the stench.
    What horse? There has been a new development issue every other week. Sure, there all about development.

@Edge- It just annoys many of us when they try to claim transparency and have people defend they were when they blatantly were not. I wont begrudge people still enjoying their playtime, but to deny blatant realities is counterproductive.

So, wait, the open to the public, totally free for anyone demo that I played before release was because I paid for the game BEFORE I personally paid for it?? I didn't purchase the game until after the public demo. You really will just say whatever you want, true or not, just to argue with people...

Just to sum up for myself because this entire thread is just becoming beyond tiresome: I personally play this game very casually, maybe lucky to play a couple times per week for a few hours total. For me, this game has plenty to offer...I still hunt just for MWs, I piece by piece complete the challenges spread throughout the game, find collectibles, etc. etc. This game actually was built for someone like me, who doesn't play a game 20+ hours a week. Not once have I stated this game is completely without issue; it obviously has issues and some glaring ones. I fully believe there is a pretty big casual player base for this game, people like me, and I think the game will continue due to this player base.

Articles like this one also help me think this: https://www.thegamingreview.com/11737/

But all this banter is ridiculous, and mostly stems from people just wanting to hate to the game or Bioware, or EA, or some or all of the above. We've been lied to! Let's sue the company! This is obvious false advertising! Sigh.....next thing people will say is they were lied to by a movie studio because scenes from a movie trailer weren't included in the final movie release.... (when most movie studios don't even make their own trailers). There are even people in this thread that have never touched the game but they still feel the need to come here just to spread negativity about it. Makes me wonder why in the world people don't do something better with their time...seriously.
    Last edited by yasiru; 2019-04-08 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I still need 4 components and then I'm full Legendary but I'm finding GM3 to be very managable. Consumables help, I usually take the boosts to shields, armour and melee. I don't really have much of a coherent build, I'm using Cariff's Talon (melee electric primer) and Absolute Zero (ranged ice primer) and detonating them with melee if my team don't get in there first.
    Yeah I honestly never use consumables so that might be part of why. I also stuck to everything except ice so that might be a big reason why.

Right now I have the mines and ghosts as my only legendaries for those slots and its.. eh. The ghosts actually do decent damage now (200% dmg roll doesn't hurt) but the mines are almost entirely useless outside of niche situations. Wish they did something more clever like make the masterwork bonus turn them into sticky mines that you detonate when you hit the target or something. Or better yet, something like meleeing plants the mines and then you can pop them by shooting that way I actually have a reason to shoot my gun.

I have Unending Battle
    Yeah that honestly seems like the only weapon worth using for interceptor, which is awful because the 5s buff just doesn't play well. Pretty much the only reason I ever shoot my gun unless I'm forced to. Got a lemon ralnors blaze so I've actually been using that as my primer in place of the unending battle just cause.

Really wish they made more unique weapons for each Jav, don't feel like the guns really fit in well. Wish there was just more melee-ness on the interceptor and then a emergency pistol or something that would rarely see use.

Most useful weapon I've had so far is Siege Breaker (sniper rifle freezes enemies on a 3-shot hit streak.) I got bad rolls for stats but it's great for crowd-control and priming enemies. It means I can pretty much always have an Icy aura up so my Interceptor feels pretty safe meleeing crowds. It has given me a major hatred for players using firey primers though, especially when I pick up a Firey aura and keep melting my own freeze effects.
    I'm sorry, fire just does so much more damage tho! Think it literally doubles my ice aura dmg and melts health.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Like maaybe I'll log in to check Cataclysms when they will be introduced, but I don't really hold my breath there.
    I'll see you when they come out

I really think EA needs to go on and lop quite a few heads off in Bioware. It's just staggering how they fucked it up like this, especially seeing the time and freedom BW leadership was given.
    There definitely needs to be some restructuring of leadership within the company. Though apparently that's a bit of what ended up happening near the end from what I read.

I don't know that EA involvement would inherently be healthy.

The most humiliating thing I find about this is that flight is in in a large part because EA exec pretty much forced it on them and this turned out to be one of the best things about it.
    Seen this sentiment a few times and I'm kind of puzzled every time. Like yeah, flying in the game is one of the only things its got going for it, but at the same time... consider how much time and resources they spent having to rebuild the entire world for flight potentially multiple times since they apparently kept taking it out and putting it back in.

We'd likely have a completely different game with more content if flight wasn't a thing, that EA person also forced them into upping the graphics because he apparently cared more about graphics than having a decent game. I can only imagine how much time they had to sink into those two things alone that would have been spent elsewhere.

That's not really an argument for or against, it would just be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You know what I don't get.

All the shit that has came out about Bioware,Anthem and yet there is people in this thread still defending it.

Bioware botched the game, This isn't opinion its proven fact.
    The debate is that people are claiming they intentionally / maliciously lied during specific points in time (mainly the E3 trailers) and that proves that everything was false advertising. Which is a load of crap, the typical kind of shit we've seen in this thread over and over and over again for months. It has nothing to do with defending bioware or the game, just refuting people making shit up.

What I really don't get is these people who make shit up or don't play the game and have no intention to who continue to hang out in the thread for months beating a dead horse. Edge put it well, we're well aware of the situation... yet some people are still enjoying it. Why people feel the need to make up conspiracy theories or make mountains out of molehills on a game they apparently have no intention of playing is beyond me.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Small patch today -

Fixed an issue that was causing loot to drop for javelins other than the one being used.
    Titans, Ursix, Luminaries and Fury enemies should no longer disappear when another player starts an Event in Freeplay.
    I hope they solved the second one for Contracts too, that happened as well when a Titan spawned at the end of one part.
    I'm a bit concerned about the first one though. That's nice because seeing a Legendary roll for another Javelin is a really bad feeling. But on the other side, I don't really care anymore about 95% of the Masterworks, so that's always potentially interesting to roll something for another Javelin that may be of use one day.

Does GM3 increase the number of enemies that spawn as well as their damage and toughness? I've been having some insane fights tonight as I do my elite contracts.

I think one thing to note is all those E3 trailers usually in fine print have the this is not the finished product some or all of this may be different when the game is released or something to that effect. Until the thing goes gold a lot of shit can wind up getting changed. Hell look at destiny1 its very clear they axed a huge chunk of their original start of game stuff and story very late in the process.

@Dhrizzle Does absolute zero do a shit ton of dmg for you?

I got a lemon one shortly after that last post and I've been using it and every time I toss it it does 4 hits (looks like there's 2 starts that get thrown out?), 2 of the hits will be immediate and smaller like 5k or so, and then a lil burst happens immediately after that does upwards of 60k on each hit. So I just toss it out and it like 1 taps some enemies it seems pretty silly. I guess the big hits are the masterwork affix?
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.