Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    You're still ignoring all the Previous Lies made by the Developer, this Early Access was also only available to people who paid for it, are you suggesting that Reading Reviews of the game makes all the Lies okay too?
    So, wait, the open to the public, totally free for anyone demo that I played before release was because I paid for the game BEFORE I personally paid for it?? I didn't purchase the game until after the public demo. You really will just say whatever you want, true or not, just to argue with people...

Just to sum up for myself because this entire thread is just becoming beyond tiresome: I personally play this game very casually, maybe lucky to play a couple times per week for a few hours total. For me, this game has plenty to offer...I still hunt just for MWs, I piece by piece complete the challenges spread throughout the game, find collectibles, etc. etc. This game actually was built for someone like me, who doesn't play a game 20+ hours a week. Not once have I stated this game is completely without issue; it obviously has issues and some glaring ones. I fully believe there is a pretty big casual player base for this game, people like me, and I think the game will continue due to this player base.

Articles like this one also help me think this: https://www.thegamingreview.com/11737/

But all this banter is ridiculous, and mostly stems from people just wanting to hate to the game or Bioware, or EA, or some or all of the above. We've been lied to! Let's sue the company! This is obvious false advertising! Sigh.....next thing people will say is they were lied to by a movie studio because scenes from a movie trailer weren't included in the final movie release.... (when most movie studios don't even make their own trailers). There are even people in this thread that have never touched the game but they still feel the need to come here just to spread negativity about it. Makes me wonder why in the world people don't do something better with their time...seriously.
    Last edited by yasiru; 2019-04-08 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I still need 4 components and then I'm full Legendary but I'm finding GM3 to be very managable. Consumables help, I usually take the boosts to shields, armour and melee. I don't really have much of a coherent build, I'm using Cariff's Talon (melee electric primer) and Absolute Zero (ranged ice primer) and detonating them with melee if my team don't get in there first.
    Yeah I honestly never use consumables so that might be part of why. I also stuck to everything except ice so that might be a big reason why.

Right now I have the mines and ghosts as my only legendaries for those slots and its.. eh. The ghosts actually do decent damage now (200% dmg roll doesn't hurt) but the mines are almost entirely useless outside of niche situations. Wish they did something more clever like make the masterwork bonus turn them into sticky mines that you detonate when you hit the target or something. Or better yet, something like meleeing plants the mines and then you can pop them by shooting that way I actually have a reason to shoot my gun.

I have Unending Battle
    Yeah that honestly seems like the only weapon worth using for interceptor, which is awful because the 5s buff just doesn't play well. Pretty much the only reason I ever shoot my gun unless I'm forced to. Got a lemon ralnors blaze so I've actually been using that as my primer in place of the unending battle just cause.

Really wish they made more unique weapons for each Jav, don't feel like the guns really fit in well. Wish there was just more melee-ness on the interceptor and then a emergency pistol or something that would rarely see use.

Most useful weapon I've had so far is Siege Breaker (sniper rifle freezes enemies on a 3-shot hit streak.) I got bad rolls for stats but it's great for crowd-control and priming enemies. It means I can pretty much always have an Icy aura up so my Interceptor feels pretty safe meleeing crowds. It has given me a major hatred for players using firey primers though, especially when I pick up a Firey aura and keep melting my own freeze effects.
    I'm sorry, fire just does so much more damage tho! Think it literally doubles my ice aura dmg and melts health.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Like maaybe I'll log in to check Cataclysms when they will be introduced, but I don't really hold my breath there.
    I'll see you when they come out

I really think EA needs to go on and lop quite a few heads off in Bioware. It's just staggering how they fucked it up like this, especially seeing the time and freedom BW leadership was given.
    There definitely needs to be some restructuring of leadership within the company. Though apparently that's a bit of what ended up happening near the end from what I read.

I don't know that EA involvement would inherently be healthy.

The most humiliating thing I find about this is that flight is in in a large part because EA exec pretty much forced it on them and this turned out to be one of the best things about it.
    Seen this sentiment a few times and I'm kind of puzzled every time. Like yeah, flying in the game is one of the only things its got going for it, but at the same time... consider how much time and resources they spent having to rebuild the entire world for flight potentially multiple times since they apparently kept taking it out and putting it back in.

We'd likely have a completely different game with more content if flight wasn't a thing, that EA person also forced them into upping the graphics because he apparently cared more about graphics than having a decent game. I can only imagine how much time they had to sink into those two things alone that would have been spent elsewhere.

That's not really an argument for or against, it would just be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You know what I don't get.

All the shit that has came out about Bioware,Anthem and yet there is people in this thread still defending it.

Bioware botched the game, This isn't opinion its proven fact.
    The debate is that people are claiming they intentionally / maliciously lied during specific points in time (mainly the E3 trailers) and that proves that everything was false advertising. Which is a load of crap, the typical kind of shit we've seen in this thread over and over and over again for months. It has nothing to do with defending bioware or the game, just refuting people making shit up.

What I really don't get is these people who make shit up or don't play the game and have no intention to who continue to hang out in the thread for months beating a dead horse. Edge put it well, we're well aware of the situation... yet some people are still enjoying it. Why people feel the need to make up conspiracy theories or make mountains out of molehills on a game they apparently have no intention of playing is beyond me.
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Small patch today -

Fixed an issue that was causing loot to drop for javelins other than the one being used.
    Titans, Ursix, Luminaries and Fury enemies should no longer disappear when another player starts an Event in Freeplay.
    I hope they solved the second one for Contracts too, that happened as well when a Titan spawned at the end of one part.
    I'm a bit concerned about the first one though. That's nice because seeing a Legendary roll for another Javelin is a really bad feeling. But on the other side, I don't really care anymore about 95% of the Masterworks, so that's always potentially interesting to roll something for another Javelin that may be of use one day.

Does GM3 increase the number of enemies that spawn as well as their damage and toughness? I've been having some insane fights tonight as I do my elite contracts.

I think one thing to note is all those E3 trailers usually in fine print have the this is not the finished product some or all of this may be different when the game is released or something to that effect. Until the thing goes gold a lot of shit can wind up getting changed. Hell look at destiny1 its very clear they axed a huge chunk of their original start of game stuff and story very late in the process.

@Dhrizzle Does absolute zero do a shit ton of dmg for you?

I got a lemon one shortly after that last post and I've been using it and every time I toss it it does 4 hits (looks like there's 2 starts that get thrown out?), 2 of the hits will be immediate and smaller like 5k or so, and then a lil burst happens immediately after that does upwards of 60k on each hit. So I just toss it out and it like 1 taps some enemies it seems pretty silly. I guess the big hits are the masterwork affix?
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"

New livestream on the 17th at 4PM EST.

They'll be talking about "The Sunken" stronghold that should be coming out in a large patch on the 23rd.

Just speculating, but we should be getting a new pilot mastery system, guilds, leader boards, and the new Stronghold.

New livestream on the 17th at 4PM EST.

They'll be talking about "The Sunken" stronghold that should be coming out in a large patch on the 23rd.

Just speculating, but we should be getting a new pilot mastery system, guilds, leader boards, and the new Stronghold.
    Yeah, lots of folks are looking forward to seeing the new content. Hopefully they'll take time to address other issues and give some details on things like loot system improvements and squashing connection issues etc.

I'm just wondering who on their team thought that it would be smart to put Ben Irving in front of a camera again. That man is a walking gaffe machine and does not do BW any benefits when he opens his mouth or sends out tweets. Get Chris back, that guy crushed it last stream and everyone seemed to like him.

It's frustrating that they're holding everything until this livestream though. They really need to do some more active community management, the silence is not doing them any favors : /

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, lots of folks are looking forward to seeing the new content. Hopefully they'll take time to address other issues and give some details on things like loot system improvements and squashing connection issues etc.

I'm just wondering who on their team thought that it would be smart to put Ben Irving in front of a camera again. That man is a walking gaffe machine and does not do BW any benefits when he opens his mouth or sends out tweets. Get Chris back, that guy crushed it last stream and everyone seemed to like him.

It's frustrating that they're holding everything until this livestream though. They really need to do some more active community management, the silence is not doing them any favors : /
    Probably because Ben has more personality and is used to speaking to the public, whereas Chris isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    Probably because Ben has more personality and is used to speaking to the public, whereas Chris isn't.
    Except that he's a walking gaffe machine and is on the communities shitlist as a result of that. The community responded very positively to Chris on the last livestream, it makes much more sense to send him back out there again.

It's decisions like this that continue to make me question the overall decision making process within BW. Right now they need to be engaging with the community a lot more, they need to be actively managing them and working with them to get them "involved" in helping adjust/correct the direction of the game. They need to start being "transparent" and sharing early plans and updates on how they're working to address persistent issues. This livestream is focused on new content, but they still have an immense amount of stuff to cover regarding existing issues that need to be addressed before they try to start hyping up anything "new".

Instead we get a few weeks of radio silence while the community stews and festers, with Reddit largely just posting "cosplay" images because there's little else to discuss, and then them continuing to choose poor spokespeople for their game when they do decide to talk.

Except that he's a walking gaffe machine and is on the communities shitlist as a result of that. The community responded very positively to Chris on the last livestream, it makes much more sense to send him back out there again.

It's decisions like this that continue to make me question the overall decision making process within BW. Right now they need to be engaging with the community a lot more, they need to be actively managing them and working with them to get them "involved" in helping adjust/correct the direction of the game. They need to start being "transparent" and sharing early plans and updates on how they're working to address persistent issues. This livestream is focused on new content, but they still have an immense amount of stuff to cover regarding existing issues that need to be addressed before they try to start hyping up anything "new".

Instead we get a few weeks of radio silence while the community stews and festers, with Reddit largely just posting "cosplay" images because there's little else to discuss, and then them continuing to choose poor spokespeople for their game when they do decide to talk.
    Well, if we want to be cynical, it used to be against the rules to post your fashion and a case could be made it was lifted to generate more posts other than people upset with how this all turned out.

Less cynically, fashion is positive in all games and that might give something positive to chat about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Well, if we want to be cynical, it used to be against the rules to post your fashion and a case could be made it was lifted to generate more posts other than people upset with how this all turned out.
    What's "wrong" with my post? It's topical, it's relevant, it criticizes without "bashing" and allows room for discussion from there. Threads don't exist to be all sunshine and roses, they exist for discussion regardless of if it's positive or critical. The key thing is that posts remain productive, follow the rules, and allow for discussion.

Less cynically, fashion is positive in all games and that might give something positive to chat about.
    It is, and there's a whole /fashionlancers sub for that. But when that's almost the entirety of the "positive" posts, something that the reddit community itself has repeatedly pointed out, it speaks to there being bigger issues with the game that remain unaddressed.

What's "wrong" with my post? It's topical, it's relevant, it criticizes without "bashing" and allows room for discussion from there. Threads don't exist to be all sunshine and roses, they exist for discussion regardless of if it's positive or critical. The key thing is that posts remain productive, follow the rules, and allow for discussion.

It is, and there's a whole /fashionlancers sub for that. But when that's almost the entirety of the "positive" posts, something that the reddit community itself has repeatedly pointed out, it speaks to there being bigger issues with the game that remain unaddressed.
    No. Instead of being defensive, you'd realize I was calling my own stance of lifting the ban to cover up the unhappy posts with fashion sharing cynical. I believe it, but I acknowledge it's cynical.

I haven't talked very much about it, but Bioware has always been kinda like that. They have made great games, but they are SO obtuse when it comes to new systems. Look at how clunky ALL of their games are, with texture pop-in in single player games persisting to even anthem(I guess) from KOTOR.

Bioware has always told great stories. They have never been technical wizards, and they have always been obscenely slow to adapt. It just isn't as apparent in a single player narrative focused game.

It is going to take them a long time to fix stuff if they ever do, because look at WoW and Blizzard. Arguably the best company in the world at this stuff takes months to fix a bad expansion, but those fixes are bandaids because redesigns are necessary for a true fix. Now imagine those problems are way worse than they are in BFA and you are a company that is learning as you go. People think it is easier to fix things that it actually is in a game like this. I'm guilty of that as well. Imagine now if you have a bad path for fixing things, like you have to get too many people's approval to fix obvious in game bugs and things like that. It turns a 10 minute job into a 2 week fiasco. I've experienced that in other industries and it is very common. Getting organized to patch a game like this is a process, not a plan, and also when starting from scratch there is a huge learning curve before you can optimize. Look at how much better Division 2 is working from the first one. Many lessons will be learned from Anthem.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2019-04-12 at 07:16 PM.

No. Instead of being defensive, you'd realize I was calling my own stance of lifting the ban to cover up the unhappy posts with fashion sharing cynical. I believe it, but I acknowledge it's cynical.
    Ah, apologies if I misinterpreted. I agree with that, the mods were both responding to feedback from users and looking for ways to expand the content on the sub so it wasn't just all complaints, with folks leaving for the /lowsodiumanthem reddit etc.

Ah, apologies if I misinterpreted. I agree with that, the mods were both responding to feedback from users and looking for ways to expand the content on the sub so it wasn't just all complaints, with folks leaving for the /lowsodiumanthem reddit etc.
    Well, unfortunately, that's akin to spraying febreeze on a pile of trash. You'll briefly cover up the smell, but you can still see the trash. Adding more positive posts of people showing off their favorite styles doesn't remove the people who are still waiting for this game to come together.

Well, unfortunately, that's akin to spraying febreeze on a pile of trash. You'll briefly cover up the smell, but you can still see the trash. Adding more positive posts of people showing off their favorite styles doesn't remove the people who are still waiting for this game to come together.
    True, but at least folks are enjoying it and there's a positive reaction. And really, that's what matters at the end of the day. If allowing those posts kept a lot of the community around rather than leaving due to the near constant negativity, that's good, effective subreddit management.

The BW CM's could stand to learn a few things from those mods : P

True, but at least folks are enjoying it and there's a positive reaction. And really, that's what matters at the end of the day. If allowing those posts kept a lot of the community around rather than leaving due to the near constant negativity, that's good, effective subreddit management.

I don't doubt people are enjoying it and I'm glad they are. But, again, that doesn't eliminate the people waiting for improvements and nervous about how future content will roll out. Or, they can do both. I imagine there's a nice community of people who love their suit and blasting stuff and then heave a big sigh over another bad loot drop or joining a stronghold on it's last boss.

It's not enough to have people post positive things. You also have to get people posting negative to feel positive. And I don't think fashion posting will be enough.

Good effective subreddit management on r/ATG? HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

Good effective subreddit management on r/ATG? HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA
    What would you do differently?