Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    It's not enough to have people post positive things. You also have to get people posting negative to feel positive. And I don't think fashion posting will be enough.
    Well, isn’t that just the truth

... sadly, as you should already know, a lot of people just rather dismiss that sort of criticism as some sort of mindless hate directed to the video games, while calling others trolls, haters, naysayers and whatnot instead of addressing and discussing their points
    Pay-2-Win?

♩ ♪ Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality... ♫

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Well, isn’t that just the truth

... sadly, as you should already know, a lot of people just rather dismiss that sort of criticism as some sort of mindless hate directed to the video games, while calling others trolls, haters, naysayers and whatnot instead of addressing and discussing their points
    You mean like people who go with outrage YouTubers on one game but not another?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What would you do differently?
    Started aggressively moderating before it got out of hand in early March. Both the Discord and the subreddit allowed a lot of people to get away with people being assholes to each other and developers. They had such a lax stance when it came to moderation either because of moderation resources or indifference, they basically told the world that hey, this sub is open for people to troll each other over and over again. Death threats, blatant trolling, or open hostility to people enjoying the game were not uncommon and still aren't uncommon.

They also turned down help from community members when it came to moderation. When the game launched, they lost 2/3rd of the mod team. The majority of moderators that were left were the ones that mod like 15 different subreddits. When you have a community the size that r/ATG got before the game launched, you really needed a larger moderation that was actually devoted to the sub.

They've clamped down things a bit now, but the damage has been done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You mean like people who go with outrage YouTubers on one game but not another?
    Jeez dude, I was just agreeing with you

I’m sort of confused though, what’s your point? You mean, like these:

Edited: Damn, shit son!

Also, this guy highlights a couple of issues with the game quite nicely…
    … or you are talking about the lack of “I Hate…” videos in some other threads?

Dunno if those are considered “outrageous” enough tough. Still, you still seem to be a little confused about my position towards this game, either that or you are deliberately pretending that you don’t understand, I don’t care who makes them, all I care is about having good games to play, and when I see companies that I know to be capable of making great fucking games putting out half-baked “live-services” for a quick profit while sometimes taking weeks or even months just to fix major issues such as item duplication, infinite experience loops, hardware shut downs and shit like that, it just makes me bloody disappointed, this game just as Fallout 76, Sea of Thieves and others… just weren’t ready.
    Pay-2-Win?

♩ ♪ Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality... ♫

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    @Dhrizzle Does absolute zero do a shit ton of dmg for you?

I got a lemon one shortly after that last post and I've been using it and every time I toss it it does 4 hits (looks like there's 2 starts that get thrown out?), 2 of the hits will be immediate and smaller like 5k or so, and then a lil burst happens immediately after that does upwards of 60k on each hit. So I just toss it out and it like 1 taps some enemies it seems pretty silly. I guess the big hits are the masterwork affix?
    Yeah you get the 2 shots that do a little bit of damage then they do an AoE explosion for a fair chunk more, but I'm only getting around 13k on the explosion, do you have a lot of +gear, +ice or maybe a higher gear level (I'm 732 on my Interceptor?)

Funnily enough I went into a GM1 mission just to test it out and the game dropped me a second Legendary Absolute Zero :-) This one has a total of 3 extra charges on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Yeah you get the 2 shots that do a little bit of damage then they do an AoE explosion for a fair chunk more, but I'm only getting around 13k on the explosion, do you have a lot of +gear, +ice or maybe a higher gear level (I'm 732 on my Interceptor?)

Funnily enough I went into a GM1 mission just to test it out and the game dropped me a second Legendary Absolute Zero :-) This one has a total of 3 extra charges on it.
    As far as I know gear procs scale with your Jav item level and since I'm max(788) that's probably most of it, I also have some +dmg things stacked like the item itself has +29% universal dmg. I only get the really high numbers with debuffed targets.

Recently I've been getting a lemon on more missions than I don't. I dunno if its just my time now or if its because I finally got full lemons or if they stealth upped the drop rate or what. Still don't feel like its worth grinding right now though.
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"

Recently I've been getting a lemon on more missions than I don't. I dunno if its just my time now or if its because I finally got full lemons or if they stealth upped the drop rate or what. Still don't feel like its worth grinding right now though.
    Might be an impression, I've only got one legendary in the last week, doing the contracts and 2-3 strongholds a day (a lot more on weekends), only GM2 though, maybe GM3 has a huge drop rate, dunno.

Anyone who purchase this let alone still playing this needs to look in the mirror and have a word with themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    This is completely and 100% accurate.

IF

You've never played a video game before. Or don't know what E3 is. Or don't know how the video game or even entertainment industry works. You literally beamed down onto "planet earth", and happened to have landed in E3, and are like "Oh, this is what everything is like on this planet. I'll report back my findings on what exactly to expect years from now when we return"

I mean, really. We know that stuff changes. We know these demos and shows are never what the final product is. We know this. Any rational person, anyway. Expecting it to be just that and the same and all the ideas you have of what it could be is just silly.
    You mean the vast majority of people?

The ones who are actively engaging in discussions, or really know about E3 trailer/game launch comparisons, are in the minority. The vast majority of consumers don't care enough about games to learn this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tydan View Post
    Anyone who purchase this let alone still playing this needs to look in the mirror and have a word with themselves.
    all the game is currently lacking is content and some QoL features, even the way it was at launch i still got 70 hours worth of gameplay, im just waiting on new content and better drop chances on loot, the game has made some big improvements, just about every game that lauches is always lacking something but give it another 6 months of improvements and it should do well.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Yeah, how dare they enjoy things that aren't the things you enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    all the game is currently lacking is content and some QoL features, even the way it was at launch i still got 70 hours worth of gameplay, im just waiting on new content and better drop chances on loot, the game has made some big improvements, just about every game that lauches is always lacking something but give it another 6 months of improvements and it should do well.
    Theres the word......content.

Yet people are happy to falk out 60 bucks for something not just incomplete but basically a demo. You wouldn't buy a car with no wheels.

Yet people are happy to falk out 60 bucks for something not just incomplete but basically a demo. You wouldn't buy a car with no wheels.
    70 hrs isn't enough for you for 60 bucks? People drop 60 bucks on single player games nowadays with less the 20 hrs of game play.

It's more like a car with no fancy upholstery or sub-standard air-conditioning, maybe a deal breaker to some but others might not care if the rest of the package is fine.

this type of game essentially revolves around doing the same thing over and over, just like diablo 3, division 2, etc, all these types games lacked things at launch, while it could use more variety in the content the game has a fairly solid foundation, how many hours have you gotten out of the game.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2019-04-15 at 01:40 AM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Psure that dude knows he's being disingenuous.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...m_medium=web2x

People pointing out job openings, this is simultaneously the best and worst news for the moment.

On the one hand it means they're not abandoning the game like people keep saying and are actively hiring for these positions.

On the other hand... they're hiring for these positions... which begs the question... what are these things going to look like for the foreseeable future? More than likely they won't see any significant changes at all.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...m_medium=web2x

People pointing out job openings, this is simultaneously the best and worst news for the moment.

On the one hand it means they're not abandoning the game like people keep saying and are actively hiring for these positions.

On the other hand... they're hiring for these positions... which begs the question... what are these things going to look like for the foreseeable future? More than likely they won't see any significant changes at all.
    Yeah, it's bad optics for them no matter what but this is the only way they can really move forward if they want to fix the problems plaguing the game. Bring on experienced folks who know what they're doing rather than have the current team, which apparently lacks the expertise, flail about helplessly.

No way of avoiding the obvious, "Maybe you should have hired them a year ago?" type comments (I've made them too). It's a bitter pill to swallow, but sometimes the medicine isn't going to be sugar coated.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, it's bad optics for them no matter what but this is the only way they can really move forward if they want to fix the problems plaguing the game. Bring on experienced folks who know what they're doing rather than have the current team, which apparently lacks the expertise, flail about helplessly.

No way of avoiding the obvious, "Maybe you should have hired them a year ago?" type comments (I've made them too). It's a bitter pill to swallow, but sometimes the medicine isn't going to be sugar coated.
    I mean, as far as Kotaku article says it was all leadership not understanding that they had a problem and this wasn't going to work. I hear nothing but bad things about loot in Swtor these days for instance.

It takes people realizing there's a problem for them to start to address it.

It takes people realizing there's a problem for them to start to address it.
    Yep. It sounds like they're going down the right path, they just need to tell us more about that path and hope that folks will be patient while they address the ongoing issues and work on building out more content.

We'll have the Wednesday morning livestream for the upcoming stronghold at least. No word on what else they'll be covering but hopefully it'll be pretty direct and comprehensive, because they've been damn quiet the past few weeks.

I hear nothing but bad things about loot in Swtor these days for instance.
    it's close to this :
    no suscription, no galactic xp, no command crates, no loot...
    it went from suscription style game, to F2P, to pay to get loot box
    you're supposed to get SOME loot from raids, but at that point who care when you can get the same stuff faster/easier with galactic loot crates ^^