Seems to be another patch that breaks as much as it fixes. The bug thread on reddit grows really fast. Seems they broke the stats on MW and legendary items.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Seems to be another patch that breaks as much as it fixes. The bug thread on reddit grows really fast. Seems they broke the stats on MW and legendary items.
    Apparently that's purely a visual bug and doesn't actually effect weapon damage.

Edit: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/415394336

Livestream for anyone interested. It really was about the stronghold only, as they said, but it was still pretty disappointing. Not sure what the point of doing a livestream is if they're not going to bother engaging with viewers. If they wanted to do a video showing off the stronghold just do a canned video as a marketing asset and call it a day.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2019-04-23 at 08:50 PM.

Hold up. Did they actually call a 60 dollar worldwide retail release Early Access? fuuuuuck off.

Really baffled by their PR decisions. That stream was as unnecessary and counter productive as it gets. After giving patch and release notes before there was nothing left to talk about. Just akward 30 minutes of them doing the most boring stream I have ever seen with constant reminders that they will not talk about issues people actually care about. There is zero reason why this shouldn't have been a simple youtube video last week.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they finish DA4 before EA justifiably closes them.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Hold up. Did they actually call a 60 dollar worldwide retail release Early Access? fuuuuuck off.
    No, they just used stupid terminology.

They're referencing the start of early access launch rather than the proper launch, not implying that the game is still in early access. It makes me wonder just how much they're actually reading community discussions, because that's been a particular sore spot for folks and what one would pretty safely call a "meme" : P

Really baffled by their PR decisions.
    As a PR dude, I can guarantee that no PR folks were involved in this (community isn't PR).

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Without the leadership of the previous games, based on Anthems flawed codebase, designed as another GaaS: I hope they sell the IP to someone competent.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No, they just used stupid terminology.

They're referencing the start of early access launch rather than the proper launch, not implying that the game is still in early access. It makes me wonder just how much they're actually reading community discussions, because that's been a particular sore spot for folks and what one would pretty safely call a "meme" : P
    That still seems like a really shortsighted "this lets us massage the narrative" PR choice to distance themselves from 'full retail release we charged 60 bucks for'. Did they even use the term "retail release" at all in the updates?

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope not. Or at the very least let them just create the story. But even then its not like all of the Dragon Age has stellar story. It still annoys me that Awakenings was pretty much ignored. Or that inquisitions best story came from DLC. Bioware's strength has always been their story and conceptualizing. It would be interesting to see if EA could make it work to "lease" Bioware out to studios to do those aspects of the games.

One thing is for sure is Bioware needs DA4 to be an epic success. That or some how manage to turn Anthem into a late blooming story (or somehow justify an anthem 2 to get it right)
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Without the leadership of the previous games, based on Anthems flawed codebase, designed as another GaaS: I hope they sell the IP to someone competent.
    Well, that is definitely a better option. Their decision to use Anthem as their base instead of Inquisition is bizarre to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I hope not. Or at the very least let them just create the story. But even then its not like all of the Dragon Age has stellar story. It still annoys me that Awakenings was pretty much ignored. Or that inquisitions best story came from DLC. Bioware's strength has always been their story and conceptualizing. It would be interesting to see if EA could make it work to "lease" Bioware out to studios to do those aspects of the games.

One thing is for sure is Bioware needs DA4 to be an epic success. That or some how manage to turn Anthem into a late blooming story (or somehow justify an anthem 2 to get it right)
    If it's not single player I don't even want it to succeed, honestly. The one concept I heard of other people dropping in as your party members sounds like trash. I guess we'll see - their IPs are great but the studio itself obviously has one of the most inept leadership teams in the industry when under any sort of outside schedule.

As for Anthem, I feel like they're too far from their initial concepts that they had some passion for to be able to get themselves out of the corner. Perhaps their limited world building and low effort thus far gives them an opportunity to bring something completely unexpected, though; an essential story rewrite post release.

Reading this:
    While we have delivered many of the Act 1 features on time....snip
    I actually laughed out loud at the nutty-ness of bioware saying that. bioware actually saying they delivered on many of the features on time for Act 1 when the truth is. They delivered on two things and pushed back most features.

bioware delivered on few features not many features.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Reading this:

I actually laughed out loud at the nutty-ness of bioware saying that. bioware actually saying they delivered on many of the features on time for Act 1 when the truth is. They delivered on two things and pushed back most features.

Was definitely a weird thing to say.

They've spent the entire time in triage mode trying to fix bugs and stability. They've made some good QoL changes, especially things the community asked for, but a lot of those things are "should've been done in the first place if you have any experience playing these kinds of games" kind of things so they don't feel like something they should be praised for.

They aren't delivering on content at all, but that isn't surprising based on what we've heard about the process. Not really worth stressing about at this point, we know the situation. Just gotta wait it out and see what comes when it does.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I imagine the team working on Anthem got cut down heavily after release. Not just people going back to their respective teams after they were all pulled to re-make Anthem last minute but also people being moved over to DA:4.

I'd guess the team left on Anthem is not big enough to handle the work needed to fix the game.
    It's not like people in charge and people who actually do stuff were in disagreement about deadlines on this "roadmap", but since people in charge are in charge they did whatever they felt like doing. Which leads us to this situation, where people who actually work on the game can't do everything in time
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Reading this:

Hey man they almost have all the features of Destinys ps3 closed beta test from 2013, thats the power of bioware magic at work!

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    BF 5 is considered a flop internally, despite what most would regard as good sales. Anthem is probably going to hit 3 million or so sales, in the first month, realistically. Its the type of game that just isn't going to have a massive initial impact, as a lot of people are just curious about it, but still unsure of what to think or expect from it.

The general public is fairly uninformed about it currently, but they (EA) are pushing hard with the marketing.

I don't think that the way EA functions currently is sustainable, as their expectations and the demands of share holders are guiding the company to a highly unrealistic place.

It's why Dead Space became an action, co-op game and why Dungeon Keeper got dumped on mobile. They're playing marketing buzzword whack-a-mole and the reason why Anthem has no Invested end game is because it's not proved itself as financially viable to do, yet.

If Anthem breaks its sale targets, I'd expect a healthy end game dlc to be dropped in Q3/4 this year. If not, probably just some stingy dlc full of store based mtx content will be added.

Mass Effect is basically done with and if Anthem fails to meet internal expectations, we will probably see one last Dragon Age game out of Bioware before they're shuttered for good.
    Just going to call back to myself on this.

With the player base completely severed after the first month of release, I don't see things going well.

I still expect they will put out one decent portion of DLC later in the year, but they're probably already on a skeleton crew producing it.

The bug fixes, etc are required, things that I saw and reported in the Alpha last year have only just started to be fixed now.

Its in EA's best interests to finally step in, get Dragon Age 4 done right with a united Bioware, or just dissolve the company if they fail to perform again, even with Casey back on board.

At this very moment it's dead.

The stream was pointless and they have nothing to offer till at least mid-june, assuming there's no further delays on whatever they plan to add.

They did add a new stronghold, another pointless one that takes to long and rewards to little.

When PR people can never say things right. They should never said "early access" because of the stigma with Steam of that word. I get they meant the days Preorders and Premier users got the game early before retail launch. Still the better word would been "Launch" since early Launch didnt get a patch till retail launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the rate this is going, I wouldn't expect that to even be close to what fans of the series would want out of a sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Hey man they almost have all the features of Destinys ps3 closed beta test from 2013, thats the power of bioware magic at work!
    It's nothing but a little bioware - MAGIC!

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Was definitely a weird thing to say.
    SNIP....
    Weird is putting it lightly. Learning biowares current plans for the game, what is postponed and then reading that statement, it makes me question biowares current mental state.
    Last edited by quras; 2019-04-24 at 12:41 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    When PR people can never say things right. They should never said "early access" because of the stigma with Steam of that word. I get they meant the days Preorders and Premier users got the game early before retail launch. Still the better word would been "Launch" since early Launch didnt get a patch till retail launch.
    They literally said Early Access Launch. They called the early launch period Early Access (because you know you accessed it early). As usually people are taking to extremes certain words just to give a reason to hate or rage or whatever you want to call those negative emotions.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."