1. #7401
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    *shrug* Me and my buddy will fly around looking for them, and often go 10-15 minutes of that without finding a single one. We're not doing anything special or using a map, just flying around pretty much. I've literally given up on the 6 event one because it would simply take too long.
    Yeah that makes no sense to me, I'm pretty sure its damn near impossible to fly 5 minutes straight without hitting one yet alone 15+ unless you're somehow covering no ground.

    Like I said there's almost always an event to the immediate right of fort tarsis, I tend to stick to the right half of the map.
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"

  2. #7402
    Scarab Lord scarecrowz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,334
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I was a little confused as to how the tomb quests were 'time gating', as they didn't really slow you down at all. I got the quest to do them, 2 of the 4 I had literally already completed, once I found it, it was like "YOU NEED TO DO THIS. GREAT. YOU DID IT." and the other two simply had a requirement that I didn't understand. I didn't understand how Multi Kills worked at the time, so had to look it up and just.. did it. The other one was finding a few chests. It didn't take any more time than doing a normal quest, outside of the longer time of flying to each one (which did take an extra 10 minutes each)
    They only made that change after community uproar. When the game was released the quest did not track from level 3 onwards. You had 0 completion when you got it.

    The Kotaku article literally adresses this quest I think. It was literally added to time-gate because they knew they were light on content.



    Honestly why do people defend this bullshit? It would be fine if the idea of it was to get you out playing with people but really....

    The whole world is instanced. So you can't just run into people and group with them. There is no map markers. You can't place custom markers. There's no waypoints. Everything is vague as fuck. When you die you can't even see where you died. You can't see events on the map until you're close.

    The game is a JOKE.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yep. It sounds like they're going down the right path, they just need to tell us more about that path and hope that folks will be patient while they address the ongoing issues and work on building out more content.

    We'll have the Wednesday morning livestream for the upcoming stronghold at least. No word on what else they'll be covering but hopefully it'll be pretty direct and comprehensive, because they've been damn quiet the past few weeks.
    I'll bet you $50 they make a bunch of vague promises. They address the Kotaku article for about 10 seconds and then they move on like it never happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    PS - you might want to update your sig, since the player you are quoting was long ago banned for being a troll and trouble maker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    PS - you might want to spend more time researching why he's actually banned. Most of the time it's because his opinion doesn't line up with the opinions of threads he posts in and because the mods of this forum are most of the time a joke and just instantly ban people instead of actually looking at the reason.

  3. #7403
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    They only made that change after community uproar. When the game was released the quest did not track from level 3 onwards. You had 0 completion when you got it.
    This is false, it was always retroactive. They just didn't show you the quest until a certain part in the story which the community found stupid since you didn't know you needed to progress on it until much later. If you were actually doing a bit of everything and not trying to piss through the story as fast as possible then you were almost entirely finished by the time you hit it.

    The only change they made was showing you the challenges right off the bat or very early on.
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"

  4. #7404
    Scarab Lord scarecrowz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    This is false, it was always retroactive. They just didn't show you the quest until a certain part in the story which the community found stupid since you didn't know you needed to progress on it until much later. If you were actually doing a bit of everything and not trying to piss through the story as fast as possible then you were almost entirely finished by the time you hit it.

    The only change they made was showing you the challenges right off the bat or very early on.
    No. It isn't false. It wasn't retroactive for the early launch until a few days in after outrage.

    The initial people picking up the quest started from 0.
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    PS - you might want to update your sig, since the player you are quoting was long ago banned for being a troll and trouble maker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    PS - you might want to spend more time researching why he's actually banned. Most of the time it's because his opinion doesn't line up with the opinions of threads he posts in and because the mods of this forum are most of the time a joke and just instantly ban people instead of actually looking at the reason.

  5. #7405
    Over 9000! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,420
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    No. It isn't false. It wasn't retroactive for the early launch until a few days in after outrage. The initial people picking up the quest started from 0.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...t_all_of_them/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...certain_quest/

    Has mention of it being both retroactive and glitched where progress was not saved. I am going to see it was always retroactive but bugs may have existed early on. The dates on those are 2-16 so it is within the early launch period.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  6. #7406
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    No. It isn't false. It wasn't retroactive for the early launch until a few days in after outrage.

    The initial people picking up the quest started from 0.
    Well it was definitely on my side since I played from the early launch and when I got to this part I only had the free roam part to do (world events, chests, repairing 3 javelins which I did on npc in free roam cause I didnt play in group). Could have been bugged for some, but for me I was already almost done by the time I got there, and it was in the first couple of days of early access.

  7. #7407
    Scarab Lord scarecrowz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,334
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...t_all_of_them/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...certain_quest/

    Has mention of it being both retroactive and glitched where progress was not saved. I am going to see it was always retroactive but bugs may have existed early on. The dates on those are 2-16 so it is within the early launch period.
    "Glitched". How convenient.
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    PS - you might want to update your sig, since the player you are quoting was long ago banned for being a troll and trouble maker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    PS - you might want to spend more time researching why he's actually banned. Most of the time it's because his opinion doesn't line up with the opinions of threads he posts in and because the mods of this forum are most of the time a joke and just instantly ban people instead of actually looking at the reason.

  8. #7408
    Over 9000! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,420
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    "Glitched". How convenient.
    I know right? It is almost if there are these things that make computer programs not function properly and they seem to have plenty occurrences in programs that do not have the best launch. Some people were not impacted by the bug. Some were. Some just misunderstood. Some rushed through things and didn't get much "passive" completion.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  9. #7409
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    No. It isn't false. It wasn't retroactive for the early launch until a few days in after outrage.

    The initial people picking up the quest started from 0.
    I played in the early launch and my progress had already started when I began the quest.

  10. #7410
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    No. It isn't false. It wasn't retroactive for the early launch until a few days in after outrage.

    The initial people picking up the quest started from 0.
    I started day 1 and all of mine were almost done save for a couple of specific things like multi kills since I was doing all the objectives while my group killed things.

    You're talking out of your ass here.
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"

  11. #7411
    Scarab Lord scarecrowz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I started day 1 and all of mine were almost done save for a couple of specific things like multi kills since I was doing all the objectives while my group killed things.

    You're talking out of your ass here.
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-and-much-more

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc.../#461a8c4e2ebb

    https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Di...s/td-p/7519184

    https://www.destructoid.com/bioware-...s-543613.phtml

    Even when they changed it and made it retroactive that was STILL BUGGED and didn't work for everyone.

    What purpose does lying serve you? Why defend a horribly broken game.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I played in the early launch and my progress had already started when I began the quest.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies.
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    PS - you might want to update your sig, since the player you are quoting was long ago banned for being a troll and trouble maker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    PS - you might want to spend more time researching why he's actually banned. Most of the time it's because his opinion doesn't line up with the opinions of threads he posts in and because the mods of this forum are most of the time a joke and just instantly ban people instead of actually looking at the reason.

  12. #7412
    It's almost as if BioWare isn't the same company it used to be 10 years ago.

  13. #7413
    Over 9000! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,420
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies.
    Destructoid clearly states that some it did not give retroactive credit for. So it shows that people are not lying about it working for some and not others. So if it is all lies and nothing but lies why does one of your sources of proof support the lies? There are sources saying that some got retroactive credit, including one of your own.

    Some didn't. Clearly a bug in a product that had a less then stellar launch and development. The question is why do you hate so much that you are sticking to some irrational argument when clearly shown that you are wrong. Even one of your own sources indicates you are wrong. But yet you cling to being blinded by the hate.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  14. #7414
    Scarab Lord scarecrowz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,334
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Destructoid clearly states that some it did not give retroactive credit for. So it shows that people are not lying about it working for some and not others. So if it is all lies and nothing but lies why does one of your sources of proof support the lies? There are sources saying that some got retroactive credit, including one of your own.

    Some didn't. Clearly a bug in a product that had a less then stellar launch and development. The question is why do you hate so much that you are sticking to some irrational argument when clearly shown that you are wrong. Even one of your own sources indicates you are wrong. But yet you cling to being blinded by the hate.
    Its almost like it clearly states in multiple articles I posted that there was no retroactive credit when the game first launched. It was added in later and then it was STILL bugged for SOME users AFTERWARDS.

    I'll bold the words since you are still struggling.
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    PS - you might want to update your sig, since the player you are quoting was long ago banned for being a troll and trouble maker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    PS - you might want to spend more time researching why he's actually banned. Most of the time it's because his opinion doesn't line up with the opinions of threads he posts in and because the mods of this forum are most of the time a joke and just instantly ban people instead of actually looking at the reason.

  15. #7415
    Over 9000! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,420
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Its almost like it clearly states in multiple articles I posted that there was no retroactive credit when the game first launched. It was added in later and then it was STILL bugged for SOME users AFTERWARDS. I'll bold the words since you are still struggling.
    The game did not launch till the 22nd. Everything you provide indicates that things were changed prior to launch. It was in the early access phase. You can debate the merits of if that is a launch or not. However one of your sources, and the ones I provided, also indicate that some people already go retroactive credit prior to it working for everyone. None of them indicate they fixed it twice either. So nice try adding words and claiming it as a fact.

    From the Destructiod article you linked:

    The other big note is a fix for the Tomb questline, which is bugging some people. In short you have to do a handful of challenges to progress with the main questline, and in some cases people are finding that they didn't get credit for them retroactively. Now folks should have most of the challenges completed by the time they get the set of tasks.
    So maybe next time read the actual articles you link to make sure it doesn't prove what you are calling a lie. The destructoid article is not referencing it being added to the game and then fixed again. Because the date of the article is close to the dates of the other articles you posted as proof. They are referencing the same "Fix" and clearly indicates that some were getting retroactive credit. Unless of course you are now going to call one of your links a lie after defending it several times now.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2019-04-16 at 05:50 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  16. #7416
    Scarab Lord scarecrowz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,334
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The game did not launch till the 22nd. Everything you provide indicates that things were changed prior to launch. It was in the early access phase. You can debate the merits of if that is a launch or not. However one of your sources, and the ones I provided, also indicate that some people already go retroactive credit prior to it working for everyone.

    From the Destructiod article you linked:



    So maybe next time read the actual articles you link to make sure it doesn't prove what you are calling a lie. The destructoid article is not referencing it being added to the game and then fixed again. Because the date of the article is close to the dates of the other articles you posted as proof. They are referencing the same "Fix" and clearly indicates that some were getting retroactive credit. Unless of course you are now going to call one of your links a lie after defending it several times now.
    I can't believe you walked right into that. Bravo.


    You would think after Anthem people would stop using that excuse. "That was early access bro, it wasn't the full game!".

    EARLY ACCESS: FULL GAME.



    The "Day 1 patch" was a fucking "Day 7 patch". Get a grip champ.
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    PS - you might want to update your sig, since the player you are quoting was long ago banned for being a troll and trouble maker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    PS - you might want to spend more time researching why he's actually banned. Most of the time it's because his opinion doesn't line up with the opinions of threads he posts in and because the mods of this forum are most of the time a joke and just instantly ban people instead of actually looking at the reason.

  17. #7417
    Over 9000! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,420
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    I can't believe you walked right into that. Bravo. You would think after Anthem people would stop using that excuse. "That was early access bro, it wasn't the full game!". The "Day 1 patch" was a fucking "Day 7 patch". Get a grip champ.
    Again, did you read the articles you linked? The Destructoid article clearly links to a Day 1 patch (https://www.ea.com/games/anthem/news...ne-patch-notes). How can you have a Day 1 patch for the 22nd as you are arguing day 1 was prior to the 22nd?

    Also from the EA Anthem Day 1 patch page I just linked to we have:
    For those of you who have been playing the Early Access version of the game, we wanted to let you know that a Day 1 Patch is on its way. The patch will deployed before worldwide launch. On February 22, 2019, the game will include the following updates and our Live Service officially begins.
    It doesn't matter what you want to call it. EA, the developer, called it Early Access to the game. They considered the game to launch on the 22nd. You can hate all you want and twist everything to whatever allows you to hate. But at least follow what is laid out in articles you link to as "proof".

    Also note that the infographic you link to clearly says "Early Access" on 2-15. So why are you calling something a lie when your own proof says otherwise? You even typed the words Early Access. Yet you are trying to claim that it wasn't Early Access. If it was the launch on 2-15 why did you have to type Early Access? Are you that blinded by hate for Anthem or a need to troll that you can't see what is clearly spelled out before your own eyes.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2019-04-16 at 05:58 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  18. #7418
    Scarab Lord scarecrowz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,334
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Again, did you read the articles you linked? The Destructoid article clearly links to a Day 1 patch (https://www.ea.com/games/anthem/news...ne-patch-notes). How can you have a Day 1 patch for the 22nd as you are arguing day 1 was prior to the 22nd?

    Also from the EA Anthem Day 1 patch page I just linked to we have:


    It doesn't matter what you want to call it. EA, the developer, called it Early Access to the game. They considered the game to launch on the 22nd. You can hate all you want and twist everything to whatever allows you to hate. But at least follow what is laid out in articles you link to as "proof".

    Also note that the infographic you link to clearly says "Early Access" on 2-15. So why are you calling something a lie when your own proof says otherwise? You even typed the words Early Access. Yet you are trying to claim that it wasn't Early Access. If it was the launch on 2-15 why did you have to type Early Access? Are you that blinded by hate for Anthem or a need to troll that you can't see what is clearly spelled out before your own eyes.
    Because this is BULLSHIT marketing talk.

    Why are you still defending this absolute garbage.

    The full game was launched on the fucking 15th. They added a god damn filler quest with MMO side quest bullshit in their STORY CAMPAIGN. They received backlash so they fucking changed it.

    It's like talking to a religious person. You are presented with facts and you continue to ignore and twist it the way you want.


    Enjoy your garbage game and your sunk cost fallacy. The rest of the gaming world is laughing at you. In a way it's actually funny, but then I begin to realize you actually believe what you are typing.


    EARLY ACCESS(FULL GAME)
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    PS - you might want to update your sig, since the player you are quoting was long ago banned for being a troll and trouble maker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    PS - you might want to spend more time researching why he's actually banned. Most of the time it's because his opinion doesn't line up with the opinions of threads he posts in and because the mods of this forum are most of the time a joke and just instantly ban people instead of actually looking at the reason.

  19. #7419
    Over 9000! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,420
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    The full game was launched on the fucking 15th. They added a god damn filler quest with MMO side quest bullshit in their STORY CAMPAIGN. They received backlash so they fucking changed it.

    It isn't marketing talk. It was still Early access on the 15th. Hence why you yourself typed Early Access, the Destructoid Article you linked indicates a day 1 patch after the 15th, why the infographic you linked indicates Early Access on the 15th with a world wide launch on the 22nd. You even bolded the words Early Access. If you did not subscribe to Orgin Access Premier you did not have Early Access and had to wait until the 22nd.

    So again how did the game launch on the 15th if you didn't get access on the 15th just by buying the game? Could it be because it actually was an Early Access as you keep typing and bolding?

    I am not ignoring anything. I am not twisting anything. You are the one pretending that something doesn't exist and twisting it to mean whatever you want. The game launched on the 22nd with Early Access on the 15th for either 10 hours or the full game depending on what Origin service you subscribed to. If you just pre-ordered the game you did not get access on the 15th.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  20. #7420
    You people sure love arguing nonsense. In the grand scheme of things it does not even matter. The game had much more serious issues that resulted in its demise.

    At this point I only wonder for how long EA will keep it alive and whether they will even consider relaunch.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •