Wellp. This game is finished.

Welp, that's not good. I don't doubt stupid shit like this happens sometimes, but a week without any kind of update after trying to hype people up for the stream is not gonna go over well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    What can I say, I'm sort of an obsessed person
    Indeed you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    Wellp. This game is finished.
    Eh... There are legitimate fiber issues in Austin going on right now.

Given that they need to schedule the appropriate people and it's Easter weekend, Tuesday is probably the earliest they can schedule people for another stream.

I am hoping they post some snippets or something but if their fiber really was cut then probably on do as little as possible until shits fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Eh... There are legitimate fiber issues in Austin going on right now.

Given that they need to schedule the appropriate people and it's Easter weekend, Tuesday is probably the earliest they can schedule people for another stream.
    I have concerns...

I'm not taking them at their word, but a number of folks are claiming to have reached out to other companies operating out of the same business, claiming they're all saying they haven't had any internet issues. Huge grains of salt with this since it's all anonymous.

Beyond that, they can still share information that's ready now and let folks know they'll expand upon it in the livestream.

I can't blame folks for not fully trusting BW anymore and being beyond disappointed that today's livestream was canceled at the last minute. Folks keep pointing out they can do a canned video instead and follow up with a livestream.

Continued total silence in lieu of this livestream is a bloody joke.

Stream delayed until April 23rd.
    Apparently a fiber line was cut outside their office and they are on backup internet.
    Oh is that what they are calling this extremely convenient delay?
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

Stream delayed until April 23rd.
    Apparently a fiber line was cut outside their office and they are on backup internet.
    Sure. There is absolutely no way to do the stream anyway. In a world where every 16 year old with a Laptop can stream in HD on Twitch/Youtube with little to no equipment, this really seems like an impossible task.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I have concerns...

I'm not taking them at their word, but a number of folks are claiming to have reached out to other companies operating out of the same business, claiming they're all saying they haven't had any internet issues. Huge grains of salt with this since it's all anonymous.

Beyond that, they can still share information that's ready now and let folks know they'll expand upon it in the livestream.

I can't blame folks for not fully trusting BW anymore and being beyond disappointed that today's livestream was canceled at the last minute. Folks keep pointing out they can do a canned video instead and follow up with a livestream.

That was hilarious to read and it makes me really hope it isn't a lie. Because no one should think the internet isn't going to check if your company has internet access. And lieing about that to get out of doing a live stream you did a 24 hour in advance tweet for is not going to go well.

At least the tweets and Reddit are hilarious.
    What can I say, I'm sort of an obsessed person
    Indeed you are.

I have concerns...

ATT is the only fiber provider in Austin - https://istheservicedown.com/problem...-united-states

Its probably more along the lines of they need to reschedule the people they were planning on having on the stream. Considering these issues arose this morning and they were trying to get it running on backup, they probably decided it was better to just delay it until after the holiday weekend.

Should they put out a post saying hey this is what we want to show? Absolutely.

Jesus fucking christ, fuck up after fuck up... I'm really starting to believe that Dragon Age 4 will be the last thing we will see from Bioware.

Jesus fucking christ, fuck up after fuck up... I'm really starting to believe that Dragon Age 4 will be the last thing we will see from Bioware.
    You are more optimistic than me. My bet is Bioware getting dissolved before entering DA4 production phase.

ATT is the only fiber provider in Austin - https://istheservicedown.com/problem...-united-states

Its probably more along the lines of they need to reschedule the people they were planning on having on the stream. Considering these issues arose this morning and they were trying to get it running on backup, they probably decided it was better to just delay it until after the holiday weekend.

Should they put out a post saying hey this is what we want to show? Absolutely.
    I mean...they don't even need to do a massive, produced livestream. They can literally hotspot a phone and use that, or just stream from one of their phones at a lower resolution.

Save the big reveals and the more produced elements like live gameplay or trailer reveals for the "official" livestream. But do something today to deliver on the livestream plans. Talk and engage with the community.

Because god damn is there zero community management going on, their CM's seem purely reactive and like they don't have any desire to actively try to engage with the community. And they god-damn need to be given the state of things.

The fact that people legitimately don't trust BW on a fundamental level like this is a huge issue. It doesn't matter whether the internet is actually down or not, that's beside the point. The point is that a lot of the community don't believe what BW says anymore. That's a bigger problem than just the ongoing problems with Anthem proper, and one that will follow them beyond Anthem.

Folks keep pointing out they can do a canned video instead and follow up with a livestream.

Honestly, they could knock up some form of blog post to communicate the particulars some time tomorrow and that would be absolutely fine, imo. Then you expand on everything when you can do the stream you wanted to do in the first place.
    Often updated... ?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Honestly, they could knock up some form of blog post to communicate the particulars some time tomorrow and that would be absolutely fine, imo. Then you expand on everything when you can do the stream you wanted to do in the first place.
    I think it would really really behove them to make a blog or forum post today with at least some information update. If it spoils some stuff from the live stream thats still pretty minor and right now they don't have a ton of goodwill left to go radio silence for almost a week.

I mean...they don't even need to do a massive, produced livestream. They can literally hotspot a phone and use that, or just stream from one of their phones at a lower resolution.

Save the big reveals and the more produced elements like live gameplay or trailer reveals for the "official" livestream. But do something today to deliver on the livestream plans. Talk and engage with the community.

Because god damn is there zero community management going on, their CM's seem purely reactive and like they don't have any desire to actively try to engage with the community. And they god-damn need to be given the state of things.

The fact that people legitimately don't trust BW on a fundamental level like this is a huge issue. It doesn't matter whether the internet is actually down or not, that's beside the point. The point is that a lot of the community don't believe what BW says anymore. That's a bigger problem than just the ongoing problems with Anthem proper, and one that will follow them beyond Anthem.
    They were trying... it was laggy. I agree its an issue and they're going to need to do a ton of work to get past the trust deficit.

Here's what I'd imagine happened - They went heads own to work on the new patch and decided, lets let it speak for itself. Then internet issues happened. They probably thought their backup would be sufficient so they tried to get that working. By the time they realized it wasn't going to work, someone made an executive decision to delay it.

Is it a great decision? No. Is it an understandable decision going into the Easter weekend? Yes.
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2019-04-17 at 09:39 PM.

I think the joke is that people are crucifying them over something like this. Okay internet is down. Relax. If they don't do it at the rescheduled time then get the pitchforks out. It isn't total silence either if they told people they moved the live stream. (https://twitter.com/anthemgame/statu...93848236593153)

https://twitter.com/Darokaz/status/1118594978505216016

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...m_medium=web2x

I think that comment sums up how extreme people get. Calling companies in the area to ask about interment just to figure out if Bioware is lying.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2019-04-17 at 10:31 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    I think it would really really behove them to make a blog or forum post today with at least some information update. If it spoils some stuff from the live stream thats still pretty minor and right now they don't have a ton of goodwill left to go radio silence for almost a week.
    They don't even have to spoil anything in such a post, really. Just let people know about certain things, hold some bigger details back for the delayed stream, and just tell people there will be more in that stream to look forward to.

Gives people something to digest, since they expected a stream, but it also gives them a reason to still watch the stream when it happens.
    Often updated... ?

They can simply upload a video of it over the backup line. It's not like they are actually answering questions from chat.

Anthem is a gift that keeps giving, I see.

Le sigh....
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"