1. #7561
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    They literally said Early Access Launch. They called the early launch period Early Access (because you know you accessed it early). As usually people are taking to extremes certain words just to give a reason to hate or rage or whatever you want to call those negative emotions.
    No. Its because it released in the state of an "Early Access" game.

    You know, half finished, but full price, devs taking your money and promising updates, which may come, eventually, 3 years down the line.

    Like 7 Days To Die. That's almost out of beta alpha now.

  2. #7562
    Over 9000! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    No. Its because it released in the state of an "Early Access" game. You know, half finished, but full price, devs taking your money and promising updates, which may come, eventually, 3 years down the line. Like 7 Days To Die. That's almost out of beta alpha now.
    So you are claiming that people wouldn't be outraged if they didn't use the same label as all of their marketing material? If they said Early launch no one would be upset at all. Gotcha.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  3. #7563
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So you are claiming that people wouldn't be outraged if they didn't use the same label as all of their marketing material? If they said Early launch no one would be upset at all. Gotcha.
    A successful game will say "It's been 9 weeks since launch, and things are going great"

    Referencing the 1 week early access period is a PR tactic to justify the lack of progress they have on the game, and the laundry list of debilitating bugs and issues.

  4. #7564
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So you are claiming that people wouldn't be outraged if they didn't use the same label as all of their marketing material? If they said Early launch no one would be upset at all. Gotcha.
    No, I think you're missing the point.

    Because it was referred to as an "Early Access Launch", they've disparaged themselves and left themselves open to further criticism. As americandavey said and I clarified, it's a connotation associated with half finished, undercooked games with a long legacy of issues and bad releases, for games no where near ready for public retail.

    Yet, still games are released that way and Anthem lends itself to the associated stigma quite aptly.

  5. #7565
    Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    When PR people can never say things right.
    Annoying PR dude here, these aren't PR folks and PR likely had nothing to do with this post. This is firmly community/producer territory, and while we work with those cats frequently they're still different disciplines.

    Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    They should never said "early access" because of the stigma with Steam of that word.
    Aside from that, the community has regularly memed (to spite BioWare trying to make the game "unmemeable") that the game is still in early access/beta. If CM's were actually reading discussions passing along info, and if that info was actually read by management, they'd have known this.


    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Its in EA's best interests to finally step in, get Dragon Age 4 done right with a united Bioware, or just dissolve the company if they fail to perform again, even with Casey back on board.
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think it's about time for EA to take a heavy hand in managing BW. Between ME:A and now this, it seems pretty obvious the "BioWare Magic" is gone and they need some help running their studio.

    And hell, the best parts of Anthem pretty much, the visuals and flight, were a result of the EA CEO playing an early demo (like 4-5 years into development...) and saying it was garbage.

  6. #7566
    An interesting article and not too boring.


    Forbes article
    Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
    What you get: 7 free days of play plus a bundle of goodies: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

  7. #7567
    Over 9000! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Because it was referred to as an "Early Access Launch", they've disparaged themselves and left themselves open to further criticism. As americandavey said and I clarified, it's a connotation associated with half finished, undercooked games with a long legacy of issues and bad releases, for games no where near ready for public retail.
    They have literally been referring to it as an early access launch since they originally released the launch dates. Why is it now a problem because they used the same terms in a statement about the game? You and others are looking for reasons to hate so you cling to Early Access and blind yourself to everything else and the context of how it EAL has been used with Anthem since the start.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    A successful game will say "It's been 9 weeks since launch, and things are going great" Referencing the 1 week early access period is a PR tactic to justify the lack of progress they have on the game, and the laundry list of debilitating bugs and issues.
    They literally never said that all of the problems to do with the game is because of the early access launch. This is exactly the kinda of irrational outrage I was speaking of with my original comment. Whats next being outraged they used the world release when their product clearly is a alpha/beta state and not a true game release?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  8. #7568
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    They have literally been referring to it as an early access launch since they originally released the launch dates. Why is it now a problem because they used the same terms in a statement about the game? You and others are looking for reasons to hate so you cling to Early Access and blind yourself to everything else and the context of how it EAL has been used with Anthem since the start.

    - - - Updated - - -



    They literally never said that all of the problems to do with the game is because of the early access launch. This is exactly the kinda of irrational outrage I was speaking of with my original comment. Whats next being outraged they used the world release when their product clearly is a alpha/beta state and not a true game release?
    I don't even know what your point is or what you're trying to defend, tbh.

  9. #7569
    Game is STILL in early Access from the looks of things.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

  10. #7570
    Brewmaster Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Orbis Terrarum
    Posts
    1,459
    Welp, I think it's safe to assume it's GG for Bioware, considering they said DA4 will be out in like 3-4 years.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  11. #7571
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    A successful game will say "It's been 9 weeks since launch, and things are going great"

    Referencing the 1 week early access period is a PR tactic to justify the lack of progress they have on the game, and the laundry list of debilitating bugs and issues.
    You have to be pretty much an idiot to read from "It's been 10 weeks since our early access launch" that they actually say the game is still in early access.
    If they'd said "It's been 9 weeks since launch" then the same idiots would say "Daw Bioware i'm playing since 10 weeks ago, don't you even know when you launched your stupid game".
    As it is right now, you can't win with the reddit crowd, everything not outright hating the game is downvoted there and conspiracy theories are galore.
    I have some problem with Anthem myself but that level of hate and trolling there is ridiculous. It would be wise from Bioware just to ignore them, i just read them for the luls.
    There surely are other forums availible.

  12. #7572
    Over 9000! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    I don't even know what your point is or what you're trying to defend, tbh.
    So you've replied multiple times with no idea what you are replying to?

    My point is it is dumb and irrational to attack bioware over using the term "early access launch" when that is what they have always referred to that period as. They didn't suddenly change it in order to spin the state of the game to something more acceptable. The state of the game is irrelevant to them using those wording they always have used.

    Go look up the promotional material. At no point have they claimed their game is an early access game. That is what is irrational and dumb to attack them over. There are plenty of valid things to be upset about that people don't have to be stupid about it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  13. #7573
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think it's about time for EA to take a heavy hand in managing BW. Between ME:A and now this, it seems pretty obvious the "BioWare Magic" is gone and they need some help running their studio..
    I agree EA need to get people in there to manage the studio a lot better. After of all the moaning of people over years wanting Publishers/Corporations not to hinder game Developing, EA did that with Anthem and it has shown some studios need someone looking over their shoulders at all times. I dont think "Bioware magic" is gone, its the people that never truly experience that "magic" happening to use that phrase.

    True Bioware magic was Lucasarts telling Bioware their first version of KOTOR sucked and the studio redid it to the cult classic that it is today.

  14. #7574
    People clamoring for EA to save the game, deary me. Give it the Fifa/Madden sport title treatment or maybe the Star wars battlefield treatment, that'll fix it. Card packs for skills, cant wait.

    Like Destiny 2 some games are born out of greed and inept leadership and are just a write off. Dont lose anymore resources over it (time). Shes a sunk cost.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2019-04-24 at 09:15 PM.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  15. #7575
    Scarab Lord Mister Cheese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,400
    This game was marketed as a complete product and once again a game is released as an incomplete, broken mess that will take months or possibly a year to fix. Now with the roadmap indefinitely cancelled(most likely because of a downed FIOS line amirite?), they're going to have a VERY VERY angry fanbase on their hands because right now there is not enough content to sustain the game for a month let alone several while the game is fixed and put back together.

    Why is this acceptable? Why does this happen over and over again? Because only the vocal minority pipes up and says things. They are the ones that vote with their wallets and have stopped buying into this hot garbage. The majority of people don't care. The sales numbers for this game were probably good enough I am assuming because it has Bioware's name slapped on to it. Even with all the red flags associated with this game before it came out.





    Fucking amazing Bioware. Well done. Feels good not buying this trash game. Have fun with Visceral and Bullfrog on the chopping block. Don't save this game. Let it die. Have the fucking decency to give everyone who bought it a refund.
    Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2019-04-24 at 09:39 PM.

  16. #7576
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post



    .
    Fucking hell....

    Early Access (FULL GAME)


    As in, 10 weeks since the game was released for the those who pre-ordered the fucking thing or whatever, allowing you to play 1 week early.

  17. #7577
    Scarab Lord Mister Cheese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Fucking hell....





    As in, 10 weeks since the game was released for the those who pre-ordered the fucking thing or whatever, allowing you to play 1 week early.
    That sentence makes absolutely no sense. 10 weeks since release but you get to play one week early. Another huge issue with this game is that dumbass chart.

  18. #7578
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    You have to be pretty much an idiot to read from "It's been 10 weeks since our early access launch" that they actually say the game is still in early access.
    I'm pretty excited for 2025 when the game leaves "early access" and is released to the general public.

  19. #7579
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    I'm pretty excited for 2025 when the game leaves "early access" and is released to the general public.
    It would be like George Lucas getting in front of audiences watching Star wars : A New Hope for the first time in Cinemas and hes like "Wait! this isnt the final version, wait until I awkwardly edit in more aliens at the canteen!!! This is just a early showing cause I love you so much <3"

    pre-order empire strikes back here*
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  20. #7580
    Elemental Lord Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    8,801
    There is realy one good thing they could do in this case.

    Return the money to people who purchased this game, as if they call it early -- well its false advertising.

    Here is a Eu law if anyone wants to read:
    https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-to...g-directive_en

    Here is one part for example:
    Article 6

    Misleading actions

    1. A commercial practice shall be regarded as misleading if it contains false information and is therefore untruthful or in any way, including overall presentation, deceives or is likely to deceive the average consumer, even if the information is factually correct, in relation to one or more of the following elements, and in either case causes or is likely to cause him to take a transactional decision that he would not have taken otherwise:

    (a)


    the existence or nature of the product;

    (b)


    the main characteristics of the product, such as its availability, benefits, risks, execution, composition, accessories, after-sale customer assistance and complaint handling, method and date of manufacture or provision, delivery, fitness for purpose, usage, quantity, specification, geographical or commercial origin or the results to be expected from its use, or the results and material features of tests or checks carried out on the product;

    (c)


    the extent of the trader's commitments, the motives for the commercial practice and the nature of the sales process, any statement or symbol in relation to direct or indirect sponsorship or approval of the trader or the product;

    (d)


    the price or the manner in which the price is calculated, or the existence of a specific price advantage;

    (e)


    the need for a service, part, replacement or repair;

    (f)


    the nature, attributes and rights of the trader or his agent, such as his identity and assets, his qualifications, status, approval, affiliation or connection and ownership of industrial, commercial or intellectual property rights or his awards and distinctions;

    (g)


    the consumer's rights, including the right to replacement or reimbursement under Directive 1999/44/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 May 1999 on certain aspects of the sale of consumer goods and associated guarantees (8), or the risks he may face.

    2. A commercial practice shall also be regarded as misleading if, in its factual context, taking account of all its features and circumstances, it causes or is likely to cause the average consumer to take a transactional decision that he would not have taken otherwise, and it involves:

    (a)


    any marketing of a product, including comparative advertising, which creates confusion with any products, trade marks, trade names or other distinguishing marks of a competitor;

    (b)


    non-compliance by the trader with commitments contained in codes of conduct by which the trader has undertaken to be bound, where:

    (i)


    the commitment is not aspirational but is firm and is capable of being verified,

    and

    (ii)


    the trader indicates in a commercial practice that he is bound by the code.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •