1. #7601
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Too bad ammo for those weapons are as common as unicorns
    They were a couple patch ago, but now there are plenty of them available.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  2. #7602
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Can agree that in Destiny 2 abilities weren't really prominent, but both this and Division are mainly shooters, so i kinda expect doing large part of the damage through my guns.

    Didn't play much Division 1 but playing consistently in 2 and abilities look pretty different - there are CC, healing, offensive, utility ones - and basically many more; so if you choose a guns-focused playstyle you're still using abilities, just not prominently and likely more utility support stuff that retain their power despite not gearing for them; if you go towards a skill-based playstyle, you're using short-cd (10 seconds or so) offensive ones (but apart firefly all the others are basically good to have) and doing a lot more damage through them, though damage though guns stays (it's the basic gameplay and most damage goes through skills anyway).

    To me it just like you're more comfortable/find more entertaining to shoot at enemies than to play a skill-based build. Anyway not everyone must like the same game so that's it - in the specific case of Division 2, abilities have a great role while not being the 100% of combat and all the game is based around a mix of both skill usage and actual shooting.

    EDIT: Division 2 has also specialization that give you a special weapon and talent trees that help with specific playstyles, but again, it's totally about the player and how it actually plays the game. You like MMR? you gear to use that. Same goes for any other weapon (running a second char based on a shield/pistol build).
    Well i mean it's cool if they did that in Division 2. Maybe i will give it a try at some point. In part one, when i threw a grenade it barely damaged elites, same with turrets, even stun turrets rarely stunned them and they destroyed it with one hit. Healing was nice but on a long cooldown.

    It's ok if you like the gameplay, i can understand that a more gun-focused gameplay is enticing for many people but i quite like that Anthem actually has classes that have a different playstyle. If you like to shoot you play Ranger, if you like to fight mainly with skills you play storm, Interceptor is a melee fighter and Colossus the AoE/combo-enabler/run-through-enemies-with-your-Shield class.
    To say that this gameplay is brainless is stupid, i find it more varied than the competition.

  3. #7603
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    To say that this gameplay is brainless is stupid, i find it more varied than the competition.
    I didn't play it as i thought from the beginning it was nice looking but not lasting a lot (which seems to be right) - but i get the point now. Anthem has a very much definite distinction between playstyles through different Javelins that have completely or much different playstyles associated.

    However it boils down to how the combat is done. Anthem has much more verticality (which the other two don't have at all since you don't fly) and has tools to go melee. Destiny/Division don't have those tools and thus are naturally more limited in playstyle than the first (well, melee is a thing in Destiny but very limited and definitely not something you can build around). It's not only a matter of skills/abilites to choose from.

    I wouldn't go all the way to call the game brainless even with all the blatant issues it has. From what i see, the "class system" is not one of them at all. The other two games rely a lot more on how different weapons behave and this create different playstyles based on that (though Destiny imho doesn't make much difference between anything, it's just a matter of colors - Division given the combat makes appera the differences between weapons much more).
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  4. #7604
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    The other two games rely a lot more on how different weapons behave and this create different playstyles based on that (though Destiny imho doesn't make much difference between anything, it's just a matter of colors - Division given the combat makes appera the differences between weapons much more).
    Well i disagree here. Anthem has quite boring standard weapons but the weapons the do have play differently or do you think a sniper, a shotgun and an assault rifle don't behave different in Anthem???

  5. #7605
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Well i disagree here. Anthem has quite boring standard weapons but the weapons the do have play differently or do you think a sniper, a shotgun and an assault rifle don't behave different in Anthem???
    No, that wasn't my point. It was exactly the opposite - while Anthem has more tools to differentiate playstyles due to combat/class structure, Destiny/Division rely only on differences between weapons/skills to create playstyles. It wasn't about how different weapons behave in Anthem (as i expected they did behave vastly differently as you said).
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  6. #7606
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    We are knew they were gonna try and fix it? The only new info WAS below expectations. Nothing was cherrypicked
    Yeah you keep telling yourself that...
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"

  7. #7607
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The land of ports
    Posts
    14,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Yeah you keep telling yourself that...
    I will because it's true because they posted a roadmap before the game even came out lol

  8. #7608
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I will because it's true because they posted a roadmap before the game even came out lol
    Yeah, sure thing, you totally didn't do exactly what you did. Absolutely.
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"

  9. #7609
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The land of ports
    Posts
    14,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Yeah, sure thing, you totally didn't do exactly what you did. Absolutely.
    Not my fault you didnt know they've been saying they will continue to support it for months.

  10. #7610
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Not my fault you didnt know they've been saying they will continue to support it for months.
    Yup, EA has absolutely been saying that publicly. Absolutely.

    Also people not unlike yourself have also not been saying otherwise despite EA literally saying it on said call you reference right after you cherry picked that it didn't meet expectations and claimed to have not cherry picked anything. Totally didn't happen.
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"

  11. #7611
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The land of ports
    Posts
    14,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Yup, EA has absolutely been saying that publicly. Absolutely.

    Also people not unlike yourself have also not been saying otherwise despite EA literally saying it on said call you reference right after you cherry picked that it didn't meet expectations and claimed to have not cherry picked anything. Totally didn't happen.
    Biowares been saying it. And I dont think anybody itt has said they'd drop support so quickly. None of the other things even matter. Dont be angry at me because ea are notorious for closing studios down.

  12. #7612
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Biowares been saying it. And I dont think anybody itt has said they'd drop support so quickly. None of the other things even matter. Dont be angry at me because ea are notorious for closing studios down.
    Yeah, no you're right, you absolutely didn't do all the things you claim you didn't do and then change goal posts at the end here. Totally never happened, you right, you right. Yeah not a single person has claimed EA would drop support of the game, definitely never happened. Silly me.
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"

  13. #7613
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The land of ports
    Posts
    14,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Yeah, no you're right, you absolutely didn't do all the things you claim you didn't do and then change goal posts at the end here. Totally never happened, you right, you right. Yeah not a single person has claimed EA would drop support of the game, definitely never happened. Silly me.
    I said drop support so quickly, I didnt say never.

  14. #7614
    Folks, take the passive aggressive bickering to PM's if you want to continue. Keep discussion on Anthem please.

  15. #7615
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I said drop support so quickly, I didnt say never.
    hahaaaa, I didn't see you trying to make that distinction from miles away, it wasn't obvious at all! You definitely didn't set that one up intentionally so you could make that argument and try to drive the convo in that direction!

    Aite I'm done, you're awful at trying to save face.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Folks, take the passive aggressive bickering to PM's if you want to continue. Keep discussion on Anthem please.
    PLEASE, as if there's any real moderation on the BS this thread has gone through. Its like 90% bickering and people talking out of their ass about things they know jack about.
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"

  16. #7616
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The land of ports
    Posts
    14,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    hahaaaa, I didn't see you trying to make that distinction from miles away, it wasn't obvious at all! You definitely didn't set that one up intentionally so you could make that argument and try to drive the convo in that direction!

    Aite I'm done, you're awful at trying to save face.

    - - - Updated - - -



    PLEASE, as if there's any real moderation on the BS this thread has gone through. Its like 90% bickering and people talking out of their ass about things they know jack about.
    Me: man, below expectations are bad for ea studios
    You: cherrypicker!
    Me: there was nothing to cherrypick because there wasnt any other important data we didnt know about
    You: cherrypicker!
    Me: nah
    You: GOALPOST MOVER!

    I really dont get why you're so angry. I at least tried to like it.

  17. #7617
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Do you? Because I bet you didn't expect this: https://www.pcgamer.com/electronic-a...-work-anymore/

    They reaffirmed both support for Anthem and Bioware as well as using it as a teaching moment to change how they company does things. Of course a lot of that is CEO speak but even if some of it makes its way into operations of the company it is against exactly what you think happens to EA studios that don't meet expectations.
    ... They reaffirmed their support of Andromeda as well. Before announcing there would be no new DLC, but it did get a couple of multiplayer patches. Then was left to die in a field.

  18. #7618
    This is cringe as fuck to watch, why of all games would Anthem be your hill to die on?
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  19. #7619
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    That would be a whole different game. If i want to play Ace Combat i'd play that.


    Who made you the god of gaming?
    But...hes right. At least in the Division (1/2) anyway.

    Using your skills is downright necessary sometimes. And in the case of the remote grenade (I call him Rollyboy) there isnt much of a more satisfying skill.


    OT: I am really glad I only did a month worth of that sub to play Anthem. I just knew something was going to go wrong, despite how much fun the gameplay is (zooming in with a ranger unleashing your rocket salvo is Ironman af).

  20. #7620
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    This is cringe as fuck to watch, why of all games would Anthem be your hill to die on?
    There's a lot of people derping about it being a completely broken experience when it's actually got really fun core gameplay that stands out from your typical FPS or cover-based shooter. The rewards and content release is disappointing if you're into the games-as-a-service thing or need some sort of Skinner-style endorphine dispenser, but if you're into games-as-fun then it's well worth logging into.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •