15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Oh by the way you seem to really love defending corporations for some reason. They marketed this as a retail product and only now they are calling this game early access. Why the fuck are you surprised people are mad?
    They have never once called their game an early access product. That is what I am saying and what I am defending. Should I not be surprised when people get mad about something that isn't even real? That they invent arguments just to attack something when there are so many other real and valid things to complain about?

Early Access launch is not calling your game an early access game. Two completely different concepts. The game is flawed. But there is no reason to create lies in order to fuel the dislike. There is no reason why we can't all be rational in discussing the flaws of the game. Corporations, or anyone, only deserve what is fair. You and others keep creating false narratives to attack them for no other reason then you can. Then try to insult and defend it when called out on it.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2019-04-25 at 08:37 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    Haven't been keeping too close an eye on Anthem, just what Bellular has been talking about it. Just from that alone I am so glad I never invested any amount of time or money in it.
    you should watch the official Anthem livestream, Low Morale developers are talking about no talking about Loot!

IMO Bioware should just focus on Dragon Age 4.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-04-26 at 12:09 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I'm kinda amazed at the whole turn of events, the stream and their reddit post.. It's a complete shit show over there as if there is still no management or direction. No clear decision making or at least no one wanting to take lead and be a part of the "fixing" when it comes to bioware the gamers and the garbage they puled off with anthem.

There is something wrong in that company right now and it's showing in damn near everything they have had their hands on for the past while and it seems to be getting worse. I have been able to see it in swtor, MA and clearly anthem. Something in that company's fridge went sour.
    As far as we've seen its just that they lack leadership, and lord knows that's one of the hardest things to get since the people in those prominent positions aren't going to see themselves as the issue and step aside / down or likely even change meaningfully until its too late.

This right here has given me a tiny bit of hope back: https://twitter.com/Darokaz/status/1121515693592150016

I appreciate that he's being candid, I also had the tinfoil hat that maybe they're working on stuff a bit more intently right now as that's usually when these devs go silent and that was even the case with Anthem with prior patches where they were communicating literally all day every day then would go silent for 1-2 days and the community would lose their shit and then we'd find out it was right before they were about to deploy something and so they didn't want to talk at all until they had the answer.

I guess we've just reached that point where the main issues aren't going to have a timely fix and they likely don't have that answer hence the silence. Still, I really appreciate that tweet where he is very human and owns it.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    As far as we've seen its just that they lack leadership, and lord knows that's one of the hardest things to get since the people in those prominent positions aren't going to see themselves as the issue and step aside / down or likely even change meaningfully until its too late.

This right here has given me a tiny bit of hope back: https://twitter.com/Darokaz/status/1121515693592150016

I appreciate that he's being candid, I also had the tinfoil hat that maybe they're working on stuff a bit more intently right now as that's usually when these devs go silent and that was even the case with Anthem with prior patches where they were communicating literally all day every day then would go silent for 1-2 days and the community would lose their shit and then we'd find out it was right before they were about to deploy something and so they didn't want to talk at all until they had the answer.

I guess we've just reached that point where the main issues aren't going to have a timely fix and they likely don't have that answer hence the silence. Still, I really appreciate that tweet where he is very human and owns it.
    It makes for amusing coffee talk though.

I guess as the saying goes, there is no such thing as bad press....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Why would you get payed bonuses when you deliver bad products?
    That defeats the entire point of a bonus.
    Why would lower level staff get hit by that, instead of the top guys?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Why would lower level staff get hit by that, instead of the top guys?
    Because the top EA guys are not personally involved in a games development?
    EA's CEO is not responsible for Bioware making a shit game.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be interested in bioware exec bonuses

10+ Year Old Account
    Since bioware isn't a standalone developer - EA's CEO (it's hilarious how you jumped right to the EA CEOs bypassing bioware CEO, but it doesn't matter for argument sake) are definitely responsible for Bioware making a shit game, because they are, you know, in charge of things. You do remember, that because of Söderlund bioware had to use Frostbite engine, and the game became what it is, because Bioware tried to appeal to Söderlund, because they were afraid that the game will be scrapped if he won't like it.

Yeah, just cut Söderlunds salary in half and call it a day (except, he left the sinking ship iirc), "lower level staff" shouldn't get cuts, like, ever in game development
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since bioware isn't a standalone developer - EA's CEO (it's hilarious how you jumped right to the EA CEOs bypassing bioware CEO, but it doesn't matter for argument sake) are definitely responsible for Bioware making a shit game, because they are, you know, in charge of things. You do remember, that because of Söderlund bioware had to use Frostbite engine, and the game became what it is, because Bioware tried to appeal to Söderlund, because they were afraid that the game will be scrapped if he won't like it.

Yeah, just cut Söderlunds salary in half and call it a day (except, he left the sinking ship iirc), "lower level staff" shouldn't get cuts, like, ever in game development
    Maybe if they unionized they wouldn't be treated like shit, but, you know.. Unions are evil, or something

I jumped to EA's CEO because it was about cuts for EA personal. Bioware's CEO doesn't deserve any bonus at all.

From what we know Bioware was given a lot of freedom in making Anthem. They chose to use Frostbite as per their own statement.
    Bioware made the loot ect.

I don't blame EA for Bioware fucking up Anthem if they were pretty hands off, which by all the accounts I have seen they were.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    Haven't been keeping too close an eye on Anthem, just what Bellular has been talking about it. Just from that alone I am so glad I never invested any amount of time or money in it.
    I used to be ok with bells vids, hes always been kinda crap at game review but was alright at industry stuff. Thought the news channel would be a better fit but the way he covered anthem and other games was pretty much just him regurgitating every over hyped issue and letting whatever the current controversy was create his opinion. I would not use him as an objective source of info.

Game offers a unique experience, just not a lot of it. Whether or not thats good enough is up to you, I got 200hrs out of the game before I stopped and will definitely pop back in when they drop something more substantial. Enjoyed my time got my moneys worth, moved on and waiting for the next bit like a stable human being.

I used to be ok with bells vids, hes always been kinda crap at game review but was alright at industry stuff. Thought the news channel would be a better fit but the way he covered anthem and other games was pretty much just him regurgitating every over hyped issue and letting whatever the current controversy was create his opinion. I would not use him as an objective source of info.

Game offers a unique experience, just not a lot of it. Whether or not thats good enough is up to you, I got 200hrs out of the game before I stopped and will definitely pop back in when they drop something more substantial. Enjoyed my time got my moneys worth, moved on and waiting for the next bit like a stable human being.
    Genuine question, have you basically spent 180 hours doing the same 3 dungeons/strongholds over and over? Assuming 10-20 hours to completely wipe out all main content/story, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Genuine question, have you basically spent 180 hours doing the same 3 dungeons/strongholds over and over? Assuming 10-20 hours to completely wipe out all main content/story, etc.
    I'm only 135 hours in, about 30 hours I spent on the main campaign (including all side mission and little stories around Fort Tarsis) and most of the rest of that time has been spent doing the Contracts. Typically I'd do the three elite contracts every night, usually I'd do one of the Strongholds (sadly had to stop doing Heart of Rage because of people quitting out before the last boss) and then either another Stronghold or mess around with Freeplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I'm only 135 hours in, about 30 hours I spent on the main campaign (including all side mission and little stories around Fort Tarsis) and most of the rest of that time has been spent doing the Contracts. Typically I'd do the three elite contracts every night, usually I'd do one of the Strongholds (sadly had to stop doing Heart of Rage because of people quitting out before the last boss) and then either another Stronghold or mess around with Freeplay.
    Less people are quitting out at monitor on heart of rage now. They tweaked his health so its a lot less of a brutal slog it used to be and with reasonable drops and elysium chests people mostly have been sticking with it which has been nice. I still log in for an hour or two almost every night and still find the game enjoyable but the loot system is beyond fucked up. For a week or so I was getting legendary drops almost every stronghold so there was progression and it felt good. Then they did a minor patch and since then it is just blues and purples. Even master works are basically not even worth looking at for me these days.

Lack of leadership is no doubt just one of bioware current major issues and seems to have been for a rather long time and something that doesn't seem to be fixed enough to make any real difference but you are right. People in leadership roles rarely if ever want to take the heat and be the ones wrong and I get that very vibe from that tweet.

He refers back to that awful reddit post. Not counting that horribly worded opening line about early access release, the whole thing just comes across as stringing the players along. Like I said above, the line of, "While we have delivered many of the Act 1 features on time..." is just complete garbage and untrue and the rest is just carrot on a stick garbage with no time or date for anything, pretending to have the "oh we are listening" common phrase every "F"ed up game company makes after teh shit hit the fans. Makes me think that management is still "F"ed up there. Meaning to me it's very likely jesse anderson is just placating the community. giving them what they want to hear as community managers do. A poor attempt to calm things down because damn I didn't think it could get any uglier around anthem and just how bad this whole train wreck has been.

If it turns out he was just being candid and can actually put words to actions thats a good thing but I didn't get any semblance of hope from his tweet. Wasn't it just cute normal anderson behind closed doors would just laugh and joke about the shitty loot but he spared us because apparently only the community hates it. To him it's just funny. Ugh....

Of course at this point it's a time will tell kinda thing but I really think the damage has been so bad to the anthem IP and it will take much longer than gamers care to wait that anthem will not make a solid recovery. Even if they get it fixed and content is there months to a year down the road, it will never have the players they initially thought would happen and will likely always be a joke and meme to gamers.
    Last edited by quras; 2019-04-26 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    I spent around 30 hrs on the campaign and still havent had all the convos in town which will likely add a few more hours.

Outside of that i mostly just did my dailies every day and then logged off. Maybe popping in for some stuff on the side here and there cause the combats still fun.

This game will never recover, no attempt to turn around and very little good faith put into actions. Better to move on to the next project and hopefully learn from mistakes. A mistake can be forgiven, bad faith cannot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    This game will never recover, no attempt to turn around and very little good faith put into actions. Better to move on to the next project and hopefully learn from mistakes. A mistake can be forgiven, bad faith cannot.
    I just wish people stoped defending this game, as it just missleads others and they found out later that is problematic (they dont read news and stuff).

Yesterday when i was shopping in store for tehnical stuff i seen a father buying this for a 10 year old kid. Lucky some guy who worked there, stoped them and show them something better to purchase (yeh they are for 5 euro per box). 20-30 games just trown up on pile.

There is a way to fix this game however, but its gona cost money and time. If they go the Final Fantasy 14 way.
    This would mean to shut down the game 100% and go full work on it. (bioware magic --- however workers will just suffer more)

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I just wish people stoped defending this game, as it just missleads others and they found out later that is problematic (they dont read news and stuff).

Yesterday when i was shopping in store for tehnical stuff i seen a father buying this for a 10 year old kid. Lucky some guy who worked there, stoped them and show them something better to purchase (yeh they are for 5 euro per box). 20-30 games just trown up on pile.

There is a way to fix this game however, but its gona cost money and time. If they go the Final Fantasy 14 way.
    This would mean to shut down the game 100% and go full work on it. (bioware magic --- however workers will just suffer more)
    I thought FF14 had fundamental problems that meant the game had to basically be completely remade? Anthem has bugs and some people aren't happy with the loot-acquisition but gameplay is solid for people who want to have fun flying around and shooting stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I just wish people stoped defending this game, as it just missleads others and they found out later that is problematic
    Why can't people defend a game that they like?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab