1. #7901
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Nah this game definitely got like infinitely more hate than normal due to being an EA title, and a lot of ME:A's hate too.

    It ended up deserving some amount of that hate with them releasing an unfinished game... but yeah this game 100% had more than the usual outrage culture aimed at it.
    I kinda agree.

    I ignored all the haters, this was a new IP for me to experience and I was going to give it a clean slate. It was really clear that those youtubers were just trying to drum up more drama after all the views they got from Fallout 76 and actually had no evidence of how the game was.


    It turned out that the game was bad, but not in the sense that they claimed. It needs a lot more time to be better and I'm really hopeful that one day it'll be a game I can sink more time into.

  2. #7902
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I kinda agree.

    I ignored all the haters, this was a new IP for me to experience and I was going to give it a clean slate. It was really clear that those youtubers were just trying to drum up more drama after all the views they got from Fallout 76 and actually had no evidence of how the game was.


    It turned out that the game was bad, but not in the sense that they claimed. It needs a lot more time to be better and I'm really hopeful that one day it'll be a game I can sink more time into.
    Sorry, I'm a little confused here... "no evidence" of what exactly?

  3. #7903
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I kinda agree.

    I ignored all the haters, this was a new IP for me to experience and I was going to give it a clean slate. It was really clear that those youtubers were just trying to drum up more drama after all the views they got from Fallout 76 and actually had no evidence of how the game was.


    It turned out that the game was bad, but not in the sense that they claimed. It needs a lot more time to be better and I'm really hopeful that one day it'll be a game I can sink more time into.
    You pay $60 for a game that took SEVEN YEARS to make. somehow more time is going to make it better? EA is going to stop throwing money at it sooner or later.

  4. #7904
    Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    You pay $60 for a game that took SEVEN YEARS to make. somehow more time is going to make it better? EA is going to stop throwing money at it sooner or later.
    When 5+ of those years were preproduction and under a different team, sure why not..
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"

  5. #7905
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Nah this game definitely got like infinitely more hate than normal due to being an EA title, and a lot of ME:A's hate too.

    It ended up deserving some amount of that hate with them releasing an unfinished game... but yeah this game 100% had more than the usual outrage culture aimed at it.
    Everyone thinks this about "their" game these days.
    Often updated... ?

  6. #7906
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    um you might wanna check that, The game has long been dead because adding scaling on top of scaling does not a content make.
    If I compare my D3-playtime pre and post loot-system fix and the amount of "internet-presence" it recieved after the change, I'd say they did a fucking damn good job.

    I have no idea what you are talking about or how it is related to what the guy wrote about cataclysm being pointless if the system remains broken.

    D3:
    The loot/scaling was broken and made the game horrible to play
    They fixed that - the game became fun to play.
    They added new content such as greater rifts and new sets - the game was fun to play

    They stopped doing content - the game became stale and people lost interest.
    They released a new character - people returned and played that character.

    What I can see from that:

    Systems can be fixed (i.e. Loot/progression system), content that exists already will eventually dry out even if you fix things.
    New content (i.e. cataclysm) with the working/fixed system (i.e. Loot/Progression system) is required.

    The reason why D3 is "dead" is not because the progressing/loot system is broken, it's because the game is old now and doesn't get "enough" updates (i.e. new bosses, new spells, new runes, new classes, new passives, new paragon stuff, new cosmetics, new crafting etc. etc.).

    Compare D3s content draught to PoEs for example.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2019-05-19 at 01:37 PM.

  7. #7907
    @KrayZ33 Just fair warning, he's not going to absorb anything you say and keep on repeating nonsense. Every once in a blue moon I try to give him a chance and respond to something he says but he never fails to disappoint.
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"

  8. #7908
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    @KrayZ33 Just fair warning, he's not going to absorb anything you say and keep on repeating nonsense. Every once in a blue moon I try to give him a chance and respond to something he says but he never fails to disappoint.
    Why are you so bitter? What have I done to rub you up so much?

    Do I speak to close to the truth or something you feel compelled to defend it?

    I compared this game to Diablo 3 because its chasing the same goals, endless "content" doing the same map over and over with increased 10000% modifiers

    Its a shitty way of doing game design and it grows stale quick and the only way they gather any interest is with seasons where you completely start over again.

    Dont lie and pretend Diablo 3 is some amazing success and so is this game because you can put hours into it. I'd rather have 20 hours of memorable content than 1000's of hours of repetition. If you like repetition then thats ok too.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  9. #7909
    Elemental Lord rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    8,968
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Its a shitty way of doing game design and it grows stale quick and the only way they gather any interest is with seasons where you completely start over again. Dont lie and pretend Diablo 3 is some amazing success and so is this game because you can put hours into it. I'd rather have 20 hours of memorable content than 1000's of hours of repetition. If you like repetition then thats ok too.
    Different game styles are for different folks. Remember that there were a lot of people that still played (and still do) Diablo 2. A game that didn't even have rifts, paragon, etc that Diablo 3 has implemented. It isn't a bad way to design your game if that is who you are designing for. There is value and fun to be had in just doing stuff because you can. Heck ME3 multiplayer was a big hit for Bioware (and in earning lootbox revenue) and it was the same stuff over and over in the same small maps.

    Anthem isn't a failure because of the content progression. It is a failure for a lot of reasons including not taking that system far enough to be more like Rifts and Diablo 3 for example. Or have fast enough updates to add some variety.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  10. #7910
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Anthem isn't a failure because of the content progression. It is a failure for a lot of reasons including not taking that system far enough to be more like Rifts and Diablo 3 for example. Or have fast enough updates to add some variety.
    I'd say the most immediate issue is that they royally screwed up player progression via loot or other systems. Yeah the bugs n stuff were a huge deal, but once you have that ironed out well enough its really just progression and content... and future content is meaningless without progression.
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"

  11. #7911
    It's only the same several people talking.

    May as well let this thread die, or let the few talk openly amongst themselves, for all to see. (and /chuckle)

    /snore
    Last edited by Vineri; 2019-05-20 at 03:38 AM.

  12. #7912
    Elemental Lord rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    8,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    It's only the same several people talking.May as well let this thread die, or let the few talk openly amongst themselves, for all to see. (and /chuckle)
    /snore
    Do we need to tell you how to unsubscribe from a thread? What is wrong that people discuss or talk about the game if they want to. Clearly you don't want to, don't like the game, and have no need to constantly remind others about it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  13. #7913
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Do we need to tell you how to unsubscribe from a thread? What is wrong that people discuss or talk about the game if they want to. Clearly you don't want to, don't like the game, and have no need to constantly remind others about it.
    You are clearly one of the people still talking. Talk away!

    Forgive me for listening...

    PS - just because you personally dislike my posts, in this thread, or others, telling me or others to ignore your personal subjectiveness, is actual nonsense. People acquire their own judgements. Judgements are theirs to decide, not yours, based on available info / GamePlay. GAMEPLAY, remember? And company credentials (which went wayside posts ago).

    Somehow I feel company credentials are important, eh?
    Last edited by Vineri; 2019-05-20 at 04:21 AM.

  14. #7914
    Lol I cant, "forgive me for listening... with my words!"
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"

  15. #7915
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I'd rather have 20 hours of memorable content than 1000's of hours of repetition.
    For all the bitching Diablo 3 had 20 hours of memorable content. Diablo 3 issue initially was what comes after these 20 hours because Diablo games are hack and slash repetition fest by design and it is fine as long as it is done well.

  16. #7916
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Sorry, I'm a little confused here... "no evidence" of what exactly?

    Do you have any? Fallout 76 was bad, so many new(or low subs) youtubers jumped on the bandwagon of hating on it, which it justly deserved, but then you see them doing it for almost any game coming.

    Anthem turned out to be bad, more so in the end game, but most if not all of the problems with Anthem came after playing the game. All the drama drummed up before the game even launched, was just for drama sack to gain more views. All the hate the game got after it's launch, justified.

  17. #7917
    Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    You pay $60 for a game that took SEVEN YEARS to make. somehow more time is going to make it better? EA is going to stop throwing money at it sooner or later.
    First, i didn't pay shit for this game! I use my friends account as my home on my xbox


    Secondly, from what we've all learned, it took them a year-ish to make the game, and the years before that were sitting around doing nothing apparently. Anthem has so much potential, it would be such a shame to see EA drop it.

  18. #7918
    Brewmaster Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Orbis Terrarum
    Posts
    1,414
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    First, i didn't pay shit for this game! I use my friends account as my home on my xbox


    Secondly, from what we've all learned, it took them a year-ish to make the game, and the years before that were sitting around doing nothing apparently. Anthem has so much potential, it would be such a shame to see EA drop it.
    It's unavoidable, unfortunately. If they had no problems with icing an established and highly popular franchise (Mass Effect), they wont even think twice about dropping Anthem, considering all the negativity, drama and memes surrounding it.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  19. #7919
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    If you knew you would run the other way.
    Posts
    6,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    It's unavoidable, unfortunately. If they had no problems with icing an established and highly popular franchise (Mass Effect), they wont even think twice about dropping Anthem, considering all the negativity, drama and memes surrounding it.
    Yeah, EA will drop this game faster than a red hot poker if they think it won't bring in the green.. And with talk making the rounds that most of the Anthem team have moved on to Dragon Age 4, while Anthem itself has supposedly been shunted off to another team to look after..

  20. #7920
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Yeah, EA will drop this game faster than a red hot poker if they think it won't bring in the green.. And with talk making the rounds that most of the Anthem team have moved on to Dragon Age 4, while Anthem itself has supposedly been shunted off to another team to look after..
    Leads have moved back to DA4, yes. But that was always the plan, they were pulled off to help ship Anthem and once it was out the door they were always going to move back while Edmonton took lead on overseeing and Austin did the heavy lifting of handling actual live support.

    Though if EA was going to drop it like a hot poker, they already would have. IMO we'll see a big push for the game at E3 with the update(s) actually coming later this year, and that will determine support. If the crop of updates/fixes succeeds, the game will keep seeing good support. If it doesn't, the scale of the miss will likely determine the level of support EA continues to put behind the game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •