Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    From the roadmap, yes. Much of the first batch of content was pushed back "indefinitely" and we have no updates since then.
    Which doesn't really bode well. I don't expect any big E3 info, IMO they will simply abandon the game quietly, giving it token updates. They kinda fucked up with Andromeda, when they announced suddenly that series is going on a "hiatus", and all planned DLC's are canceled. I don't think they want even more bad press with Anthem.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2019-05-20 at 05:46 PM.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Do you have any? Fallout 76 was bad, so many new(or low subs) youtubers jumped on the bandwagon of hating on it, which it justly deserved, but then you see them doing it for almost any game coming.

Anthem turned out to be bad, more so in the end game, but most if not all of the problems with Anthem came after playing the game. All the drama drummed up before the game even launched, was just for drama sack to gain more views. All the hate the game got after it's launch, justified.

As I asked... of what, exactly?

You can't really prove that a game is "good" or "bad", however, when you have 3-hour long videos of bug compilations, duplication and infinite experience glitches taking months to be fixed... kind of explains why generally speaking the reviews are mediocre at best, which can be disappointing for most as a 60$ title by a triple A company.

As for the YouTubers, most of them will always spice shit up, you should already count on that, it's how they get paid, and sadly the kind of shit that the website rewards the creators for...

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    As for the YouTubers, most of them will always spice shit up, you should already count on that, it's how they get paid, and sadly the kind of shit that the website rewards the creators for...
    I would ask what is wrong with trashing trash for entertainment value? At least it gave Anthem some form of actual value to some people?

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    I would ask what is wrong with trashing trash for entertainment value? At least it gave Anthem some form of actual value to some people?
    We live in an age of brand loyalty indoctrination where parasocial relationships with companies/brands are at an all time high. If clickbait vultures are jumping on bad press its obviously, surely because they somehow reached back in time and caused said bad press to happen as part of their toolset as a global unified cabal of 'the haters' out to maliciously destroy innocent developers when they aren't folding space from isk as part of their galaxy mind tier tzeechian scheme to upset the customer who bought said product and its never the developers at the root cause because if you put money down then criticism of them is criticism of you and thats illegal!
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

It's annoying if you don't think its trash...

Think this is the 3rd reset in a row the shop got double wraps. This is definitely gonna be a thing I guess, filler at least.

They should do a wrap competition, then pick a handful from the community and add those to the game. Let people have some fun with the designs and be part of it since people actually trying to make cool looks is actually one of the better parts of the game right now.
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"

Hey, freedom of speech for the win, if shitting on a game for the sake of it entertains you, go ahead, if someone has a problem with it, they are free to engage it or ignore it… let’s face it, if people typing shit on the internet prevents you from enjoying a game you like, that’s sort of your problem.

Now, when you are making videos on YouTube and naming them “Anthem bricking consoles!” when in fact there were actually no cases of it happening, just to get extra clicks on a video that just shows you one single reddit thread suggesting it… I don’t know, it’s not just an opinion, is misinformation, misinformation that will just end up damaging your reputation as content creator than anything else imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    It's annoying if you don't think its trash...
    Not every opinion is correct, Anthem was objectively released in the state of being a huge ass ripoff, garbage. I like the room, i find it entertaining even if its garbage, everybody review it for the lol as garbage, nobody stopping me from loving garbage. I loved extermination on the PS2, a poorman resident evil rip off, doesent stop me from loving it even if it was just known for being a poorman resident evil. I love to love ru, a trash anime about falling down face first into alien panties, its shit, has no ending and no real story, its trash, i love it.

If people stopped trying to defend stuff they like that is objectively not good, they would be much happier. If you think flying around in anthem is enough to entertain you, thats fine. Its like my love for to love ru, im childish enough even as an adult that animated garbage like this entertains me.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2019-05-21 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    misinformation that will just end up damaging your reputation as content creator than anything else imo.
    Honestly don't think these guys reputation takes much of a hit for such things. They've already making click bait videos to cash in on outrage culture. People who are looking for respectable content already don't think much of them, and their core audience cares more about the outrage culture and riding the next big hate than the actual content they're talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Not every opinion is correct, Anthem was objectively released in the state of being a huge ass ripoff, garbage. I like the room, i find it entertaining even if its garbage, everybody review it for the lol as garbage, nobody stopping me from loving garbage. I loved extermination on the PS2, a poorman resident evil rip off, doesent stop me from loving it even if it was just known for being a poorman resident evil. I love to love ru, a trash anime about falling down face first into alien panties, its shit, has no ending and no real story, its trash, i love it.
    Unfinished =/= garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Unfinished =/= garbage
    A loot based game with no loot, where skins are held out of the release. No its very much garbage. But again a mans trash is another mans treasure. But sometime its more like its trash for 99.9% of the people and a treasure to a handful, which is fine, but you arent gona be able to defend it against most people, so why bother, its probably shit, but you love it?
    Last edited by minteK917; 2019-05-21 at 02:30 PM.

A loot based game with no loot, where skins are held out of the release. No its very much garbage. But again a mans trash is another mans treasure. But sometime its more like its trash for 99.9% of the people and a treasure to a handful, which is fine, but you arent gona be able to defend it against most people, so why bother, its probably shit, but you love it?
    Did we play the same game? Cause I got plenty of loot, its just poorly itemized.

If people stopped trying to defend stuff they like that is objectively not good, they would be much happier. If you think flying around in anthem is enough to entertain you, thats fine. Its like my love for to love ru, im childish enough even as an adult that animated garbage like this entertains me.
    I disagree. I had fun with Anthem, i played at least 60 hours, i got my moneys worth.
    I don't know how you define trash, the gameplay is fun, the campaign is ok (Destiny 2 is much better but Anthem is much better than Division 1), endgame is missing content but for what it's worth it was fun grinding Masterwork and Legendary items.
    At some point the same few dungeons became too repetitive for me but for the time i played it was ok.
    All in all Anthem is mediocre but i don't get the hate it gets. I think that was the point, it's mostly clickbait farming on youtube.

(Destiny 2 is much better but Anthem is much better than Division 1)
    Whaaaat.

Destiny 2's campaign was easily the worst campaign ive ever experienced. I genuinely believe the game would have been better if they just cut it altogether and invested that time and money anywhere else.

And I have become... legend...

Then what are you doing in this thread?
    I guess I am just curious as to why there are people that still trust EA to deliver a quality and finished product or still want to talk about this game, despite it being pretty much dead on arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    I guess I am just curious as to why there are people that still trust EA to deliver a quality and finished product or still want to talk about this game, despite it being pretty much dead on arrival.
    I've enjoyed pretty much every release of Bioware games from EA as they have provided me with entertainment for many hours. When I'm done I move on. For many it is just entertainment and the money spent have given more than enough hours of fun. So why should they abandon EA in a deluded crusade of some gamers who thinks the EA are the second coming of the Devil?

Whaaaat.

Destiny 2's campaign was easily the worst campaign ive ever experienced. I genuinely believe the game would have been better if they just cut it altogether and invested that time and money anywhere else.

And I have become... legend...
    Well, personal opinion.
    I wouldn't say its the best thing ever but i enjoyed it. The forsaken story was worse but still ok.
    Do you think the campaign of Anthem was better than Destiny 2?
    Destiny 2 had some memorable moments in its campaign and cool settings, in Anthem every mission felt same-y and the setting was so alien that i never felt anything was at stake. The gameplay was fun but the story was not so engaging imo.
    I played two times through the Destiny 2 campaign but i have no motivation to play the Anthem campaign again.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    EA doesnt make the games, so thats an odd question. I didnt pay this game any mind until some friends said they wanted to do the 15$ sub to try it out which is what I did initially. I ended up getting 200hr out of the game and genuinely hope they manage to fix it up and polish it for the future because theres a lot of good about this game that id like to see flourish.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, personal opinion.
    I wouldn't say its the best thing ever but i enjoyed it. The forsaken story was worse but still ok.
    Do you think the campaign of Anthem was better than Destiny 2?
    Destiny 2 had some memorable moments in its campaign and cool settings, in Anthem every mission felt same-y and the setting was so alien that i never felt anything was at stake. The gameplay was fun but the story was not so engaging imo.
    I played two times through the Destiny 2 campaign but i have no motivation to play the Anthem campaign again.
    So, depends on how you mean. Story wise and cutscenes etc Anthem was head and shoulders above destiny 2. Destiny 2s campaign was horrendously bad in that regard.

Gameplay wise, yeah I think anthem did a poor job of connecting the world and gameplay to the story. I always thought of anthem as kind of 2 games where one was being iron man and the other a telltales game style story talking to people in town and doing the campaign and all that.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Eh. It's good guess work, but I wouldn't trust reverse engineering player numbers based on other games as a solid answer. But it's definitely not looking good based on a month of no tweets from the official twitter.

And it being less played than the horrific failure of a game, Fallout 76.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I have to admit that reading thatlittle bit doesn't put anything for anthem in a good light.

If there is any truth to this and I can't see how there isn't:

"What's interesting about this is that BF1 is now at the last spot on the list (at least in the NA region). Thanks to BF1stats, we can get an exact look at the number of players the game has.

Currently, it's sitting at about 2,400. It was around the same when I checked last night, but probably gets a bit of a swell in the afternoon like most games do.

This means that Anthem has fewer than 2,500ish concurrently Xbox."

Then anthem numbers are much lower than I originally thought even if you take into consideration what the numbers for origin, PS and PC might be. There just isn't any way huge numbers are coming from those areas either.
    Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
    What you get: 7 free days of play plus a bundle of goodies: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends