Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Different situations different outcomes.

There was an attempt, but I bet this technological nightmare was a tad beyond reason to salvage.
    All they needed to do was up the loot drop-rate so people could work on their builds, make some more content and then start working on tweaks to their abilities.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    All they needed to do was up the loot drop-rate so people could work on their builds, make some more content and then start working on tweaks to their abilities.
    It honestly seemed like they were intentionally trying to crash and burn the game when they didn't increase the drop rate after that loot shower bug fix.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-02-27 at 02:45 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    It honestly seemed like they were intentionally trying to crash and burn the game when they didn't increase the drop rate after that loot shower bug fix.
    Or they incompetent to the point they relly on crunch and "bioware magic" to "work in the end". And they run like headless chickens the whole time.

honestly, one of the things that bothered me is that you have open world free play... sorta kinda but not really (in addition to story missions needing a group, but at least if you don't mind taking a bit of extra time, you can private your group and solo it anyways). its still a small scale queue. its just... weird. either non mission zones should have been large scale, OR they AND missions should have been solo. I feel like the multiplayer vs single player vs story aspect is what required the most rework. but that's just me.

P.S. Bioware magic is nothing more then a bunch of talented experienced people who are used to working together - girding their loins and doing what needs to be done, despite terrible leadership. but most of those people have burned out and left it seems. and new replacements and not as experienced or as used to working together despite the leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    honestly, one of the things that bothered me is that you have open world free play... sorta kinda but not really (in addition to story missions needing a group, but at least if you don't mind taking a bit of extra time, you can private your group and solo it anyways). its still a small scale queue. its just... weird. either non mission zones should have been large scale, OR they AND missions should have been solo. I feel like the multiplayer vs single player vs story aspect is what required the most rework. but that's just me.

P.S. Bioware magic is nothing more then a bunch of talented experienced people who are used to working together - girding their loins and doing what needs to be done, despite terrible leadership. but most of those people have burned out and left it seems. and new replacements and not as experienced or as used to working together despite the leadership.
    Destiny 2 has the best open-world aspect of the looter-shooters as it shifts you into different shards or instances as you move around the map so wherever you go there's always someone doing stuff. Just a shame the gameplay was so pedestrian.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I think they were massively overconfident and thought they could provide a well-planned and executed endgame instead of just throwing loot at everyone. They'd probably have done better just throwing out increasingly better loot and having eternally scaling dungeons so at least there could be an illusion of progression to back up the awesome gameplay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I think they were massively overconfident and thought they could provide a well-planned and executed endgame instead of just throwing loot at everyone. They'd probably have done better just throwing out increasingly better loot and having eternally scaling dungeons so at least there could be an illusion of progression to back up the awesome gameplay.
    Not sure that was overconfidence when they didn't even know what the game will be about gameplay wise when they revealed it on E3. I think it was panic mode. They just wanted to push out w/e playable thing they got and fix it lately. In a true "live service" fashion.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-03-01 at 10:02 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.