Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    There are already at least 3 videos from the usual clickbait crowd.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't worry... All the clickbait journalists quit by this point.
    I just watched a video made today that made absolutely no sense whatsoever....i dont understand...at all.
    We live in the "age of outrage", is the only explanation i find.

You are going to tell your kids once you are old "i lived in the age of outrage and it was insane"

Just look at all the arguments of this video. Its all ridiculous, specially since the new loot patch, right off the bat makes half the video wrong.
    And then you look at his gameplay and the guy is contantly Overheating the Javelin. WTF

If you want to have a laugh, watch this:
    Last edited by Roanda; 2019-03-03 at 05:20 AM.

Upper Echelon Gamers vid's.. hard pass.
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    I just watched a video made today that made absolutely no sense whatsoever....i dont understand...at all.
    We live in the "age of outrage", is the only explanation i find.

You are going to tell your kids once you are old "i lived in the age of outrage and it was insane"

Just look at all the arguments of this video. Its all ridiculous, specially since the new loot patch, right off the bat makes half the video wrong.
    And then you look at his gameplay and the guy is contantly Overheating the Javelin. WTF

If you want to have a laugh, watch this:
    Yeah, Upper Echelon Gaming is often correct in a general sense, but tends to get things very VERY wrong in the details.

For instance, his recent video about how "Games as a service are a plague" is actually really on point at an industry-wide standard. But the problem is that he compares FO76, Destiny 2, and Anthem, completely missing the point about how Anthem is not actually applying any of the predatory, misleading business practices of the other two. Yes, Anthem has a cosmetic store, but so far as we've seen it's not making ANY attempts to push people into it, even going as far as to releasing many skins and armor pieces in loot drops, as well as being very vocal in their communication about fixing the coins that players are supposed to be getting.

Could Bioware/Anthem change this in the future? I guess. But why shit on them now for something they haven't done yet, especially when they've communicated that they specifically AREN'T going to do things like Paid DLC or Season Passes that the other games do?

Mostly, as far as I can tell, it's just one giant hate train cashing in on easy outrage videos that look good on the surface, but aren't actually true when you get down into the details. And the worst part is that if you try to point out these details on their channels, you're immediately labeled as a stupid fanboi, an apologist, or moron.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-03-03 at 06:15 AM.

he abuses like 5 different bugs on stream, laughs about it and then wounder why he got banned LOL and ofc yongyea and quatering make video about it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Should we feel bad for people that are stupid enough to abuse glitches and then film it and put it out on the net?

Really?
    It's more the fact that they're banning people for abusing their shitty, bugged up game for something that has absolutely no impact on ANYONE ELSE. So what if he gets better gear? There's no PvP, there's no economy, you can't sell or even give gear to other people. Something people forget, this isn't an MMO. It is a multiplayer game, sure. But none of the rules apply here that apply for MMOs, and the fact they are actively banning people from their game, after it's already getting BOMBED in the reviews, is just them shooting off their own feet. Instead they should see these bugs and glitches that people are abusing and just quietly fix them. Don't fucking BAN the people that are actively PROMOTING your fucking game! Rocket science here, folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    Besides the fact that he lies right off the bat in the video when he says he farmed chests in GM1 (because he did the freeplay cheese of running in GM3 without being geared for it to farm the world chests before it was fixed), he also straight up admits he was using he Storm Ult bug and teaching others how to use it so 4 guys could group up and ult down titans. Then he talks about doing the boss exploit which he says is perfectly ok as he used to do the same type of exploit in Destiny and never got in trouble. Yeah he's a freaking boy scout...../smh
    If people exploit, then there is a problem with a game, not players. If farming X ammount of stuff doesnt fell rewarding for time spend, you can be sure people will go for shortcuts. Bioware is at fault here to even allow for this bug to pass the testing stage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah people exploit your broken and buggy game. Players are the problem not your shit game. Fix your game first. Anthem has no trading or PVP so nobody has an advantage over eachother. EA is just butthurt that people managed to get ahead without their approval so they must be banned. Fuck them. Fuck this games as a service bullshit where they want complete control over what you can do in a single player game.

Returning to an earlier topic in the thread about foot cramps while wearing a Javelin. I managed to get some screenshots of my interceptor in quick play, where I was in the final mission. Lots of cutscenes. Here's what's bothering me.

Now, standing up, it looks like the knee might bend at the right place, and I guess the foot could sort of fit in there somewhere around the backswing of the calf on the suit. But where I really think things fall apart is during the squat. You can see that the toes of the foot would REALLY have to be pointed downward in order to fit. Which isn't a huge problem, but it seems like it would get pretty uncomfortable after long bouts wearing the suit.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    It's more the fact that they're banning people for abusing their shitty, bugged up game for something that has absolutely no impact on ANYONE ELSE. So what if he gets better gear? There's no PvP, there's no economy, you can't sell or even give gear to other people. Something people forget, this isn't an MMO. It is a multiplayer game, sure. But none of the rules apply here that apply for MMOs, and the fact they are actively banning people from their game, after it's already getting BOMBED in the reviews, is just them shooting off their own feet. Instead they should see these bugs and glitches that people are abusing and just quietly fix them. Don't fucking BAN the people that are actively PROMOTING your fucking game! Rocket science here, folks.
    You can champion a known exploiter in multiple games all you want but you won't see me doing it. Admittedly yes they should fix the bugs/glitches of course. But there are guys like this one that also actively go looking for ways to exploit and when their audience comes in and tells them about an exploit they run right out and do it, as well as teach others how. It's not just Anthem, it's other games too. I don't know, maybe it's just me being in the minority now because I actually have morals....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Yeah people exploit your broken and buggy game. Players are the problem not your shit game. Fix your game first. Anthem has no trading or PVP so nobody has an advantage over eachother. EA is just butthurt that people managed to get ahead without their approval so they must be banned. Fuck them. Fuck this games as a service bullshit where they want complete control over what you can do in a single player game.
    Yes, of course, because every other game on the market is flawless except this one. Whether it's a bug or not, exploiting in a game AND most importantly teaching others how to do it is cheating. Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    Ok so I looked at this dudes Twitch channel, and there are FOUR videos where he is using the Storm Ult NOT the way it was intended. This was a WELL Deserved Ban

He looks Shocked here so I will give him the benefit of first finding out about it
    https://www.twitch.tv/xgladd/clip/Su...lGiantFoxLitty

Here he knows about it and uses it again
    https://www.twitch.tv/xgladd/clip/Lo...rewArsonNoSexy

Here he still knows about it and STILL uses it
    https://www.twitch.tv/xgladd/clip/Ob...teeKeyboardCat

And here is his Loot farm using the SAME BUGGED Ult for Ursix farming
    https://www.twitch.tv/xgladd/clip/Si...cKleeTwitchRPG
    If you discover an exploit and you're so idiot to stream it then you deserve a ban

- - - Updated - - -

Because blizz didn't ban paragon in dragon soul for the lfr loot exploit, they didn't (perma)ban the guild that hacked the floor of aq40 to get fast to c'thun or ensidia for saronite bomb exploit on hc lich king, after all it was pve content, right?
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2019-03-03 at 02:23 PM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Pretty much. The game is a disaster and launched as such. But ah well least Bioware tried I guess?

The fact it doesn't have PvP in a game like this is just lazy. Or even text chat which is the most basic feature in a multiplayer game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    The fact it doesn't have PvP in a game like this is just lazy.
    Barely anyone wants pvp in this game, they ask about it all the time and it's always met with a resounding no. Any time they post about adding pvp in the future all the feedback is, please don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Barely anyone wants pvp in this game, they ask about it all the time and it's always met with a resounding no. Any time they post about adding pvp in the future all the feedback is, please don't.
    Not another crucible with ppl hiding behind doorways with sword
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

lol @ people blaming the game and not the players for exploiting AND streaming it, which is probably the problem here, I'm sure "Joe" in his basement playing the game and exploiting went unnoticed. Of course its their job to fix the bugs, which they are doing at a very decent pace. Every single game as bugs, nothing new here. When WoW release a new raids, and there are bugs, they hotfix them. And those who would exploit them, get banned. Same thing here.. but hey, its Anthem so, better get all angry about it!

Biggest complaint for me right now is the "unlock" mechanic for crafting.

Weapons are super easy to unlock for crafting(kill 5 legendary enemies with weapon on; this can be done in 1 stronghold run usually).
    But our abilities take 30 missions/world events.
    Strongholds don't appear to count <_>

Not sure if contracts are counting, feel like they aren't. Or my interceptor would have a couple things for crafting.
    Freeplay events are counting though.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post

It's hard to make shit like this fun to PvE with while feeling balanced for PvP.

Games such as Diablo 2 & Warframe have simple little PvP side modes and they are ridiculous unbalanced.
    At-least they have a PvP mode whilst Anthem just has 3 Strongholds that are "Raid Replacements" where the Time/Risk vs Reward is completely out of balance in multiple areas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Mostly, as far as I can tell, it's just one giant hate train cashing in on easy outrage videos that look good on the surface, but aren't actually true when you get down into the details. And the worst part is that if you try to point out these details on their channels, you're immediately labeled as a stupid fanboi, an apologist, or moron.
    Anthem is not being Bullied, the game is just Rehashed Destiny-Like Gameplay, 6 Years and no Stat Sheet or Stat Explanations, Horrible Risk/time vs Reward (in most areas of the game), Lack of Content.

You act like Criticism of Anthem is personally attacking you when Anthem seems like it was Designed so Lazily.

But the problem is that he compares FO76, Destiny 2, and Anthem, completely missing the point about how Anthem is not actually applying any of the predatory
    Yet They can easily change that anytime, I wouldn't be surprised if they will add in more Micro-Transactions like Activision does with COD.

If anything Bioware may need to Push More and/or Predatory Micro-Transactions in the future if they want to keep Anthem afloat.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-03-03 at 07:19 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Oh yeah, at least they had PvP that most players don’t even really even bother with…
    Yet that is where part of the most Hardcore Player Base usually play around, and people like Ubisoft and other Companies keep on trying to improve PvP.

C’mon, the lack of PvP isn’t the problem here, and honestly, problem neither is the “just 3 strongholds”,
    Yes it is, It shows the complete lack of Variety and Content in this game. The 3 Strongholds are not only lackluster compared to other End Game Raids and Looter Shooters and as I've said previously have a completely out of balance Risk vs Reward system, Loot Pools are also all the same.

not that different from what Diablo 3 suffered from at release
    D3 came out 7 years ago where they were exploring and improving upon the Isometric Hack and Slash ARPG Genre, What's Anthem's Excuse?

the mob density and scaling is pretty damn good
    In Anthem,

Horrible Scale in Difficulty vs Reward that is for sure.

How is Mob Density so much better in this game compared to all Looter Shooters?

and the rewarding system provides you with a nice feeling of accomplishment
    In Anthem,

Most people don't even know or care what those Symbols are or what they mean as they are useless and rendered even more when at Max Level which feels even more Arbitrary in this game because there are no Skill Points.

It's also not rewarding system when beating a level on Hard or GM doesn't even provide that much more XP in comparison to Normal or Easy.

Loot Pools seem like they are all also the same for all GM modes.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-03-03 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Edited for Clarification.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

The crafting system just doesnt make sense at this moment.
    MW weapon crafting is "super easy to unlock" except when you played 80 hours and didnt get that one masterwork weapon drop that is like 10 times stronger than any other (looking at you, Endless Siege).
    The fact that you need to have the masterwork weapon to be able to get the recipe to craft it, which is dumbf*ck retarded.
    As for components, you need to grind out 150k rep to get the masterwork component recipes. By the time you grind out 150k rep for the components, you will most likely have all the components with perfect stats. If you are perfectly efficient, that means doing any activity with 100% time efficiency, which is impossible, you need 750(!)hours of gameplay to get the reputation.
    Also, you need 35 missions done for the ability recipe unlocks, which wouldnt be half bad if only Strongholds would count, and if 90% of the quickplay joins wouldnt be bugged.
    What they need to change is:
    1, insert the MW crafting recipes into the common-uncommon-rare-epic "recipe upgrade chain", as it worked on day1 for a few hours.
    2, make the ability recipe quest credits apply to everything, stronghold, freeplay world event, quickplay, contracts. (also FIX THE BLOODY QUICKPLAY ALREADY)
    3, reduce the 150k rep you need for the components to a much lower amount, even tying to maxed out rep for all factions (lvl3 3000/3000 rep), or make it a reward for the main quest after the campaign.
    The carrot they are trying to make for people to chase isnt working when its time/reward ratio is massively underwhelming, when you have fundamental bugs that prevents the gameplay (*points at quickplay*), and when another lootershooter is around a corner and all its main features are bug-free (Division 2).

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    and when another lootershooter is around a corner and all its main features are bug-free (Division 2).
    Ha, massive and bug free don't go hand in hand at all, it's going to be a buggy mess on launch. And on top of that, Div 2 caters to a different type of player, I find the "cover, shoot; cover, shoot; cover, shoot" gameplay EXTREMELY dull compared to anthems more in your face, action style combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Ha, massive and bug free don't go hand in hand at all, it's going to be a buggy mess on launch. And on top of that, Div 2 caters to a different type of player, I find the "cover, shoot; cover, shoot; cover, shoot" gameplay EXTREMELY dull compared to anthems more in your face, action style combat.
    Yet that is what GM Strongholds Devolve into.