Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    It's a goddamn video game. Since when can a developer decide what you can and can't do once you get your hands on it? Oh wait. In the last few years since now this nonsense with DRM and constant connectivity. You had better do exactly as the developer intended or you will get a ban!

I don't care what the fucking streamer did. Because what he did doesn't affect others in the game. They could have just patched it and moved on. The fact that publishers think that they can tell you what you can do in their single player games is fucking bullshit.
    If it were a single player game I'd agree, but its not. And this most certainly WOULD affect people down the line, maybe not now, but when they implement leaderboards it going to certainly affect things if they just let people exploit without consequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    If it were a single player game I'd agree, but its not. And this most certainly WOULD affect people down the line, maybe not now, but when they implement leaderboards it going to certainly affect things if they just let people exploit without consequence.
    The cheese he was doing resulted in dead instances.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    The cheese he was doing resulted in dead instances.
    I mean, that part is bioware's fault, there's no way that doing that should have made dead instances for others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    WoW's instances are no more "shared world" than anything in Anthem.
    You can trade items in WoW. There is an auction house. There is an in game economy. Anthem has none of that. Progression is entirely linear and done yourself. No comparison.

It's a goddamn video game. Since when can a developer decide what you can and can't do once you get your hands on it? Oh wait. In the last few years since now this nonsense with DRM and constant connectivity. You had better do exactly as the developer intended or you will get a ban!
    This has been the case for a long, long time in online games. If not the developers than the server hosts (who pay for the servers you play on, just like the developers pay for the Anthem servers you play on).

And no, it's usually pretty simple. Don't be an asshole to others and don't abuse obvious exploits/bugs that were not intended and you'll be fine. They're online games played with others, so a certain level of game-world integrity is expected, even if there's no trading or anything like an economy.

As games become more like MMO's (it's what these shared world titles are tip-toeing towards) that means MMO rules and behavioral expectations come along with them.

I don't care what the fucking streamer did. Because what he did doesn't affect others in the game. They could have just patched it and moved on. The fact that publishers think that they can tell you what you can do in their single player games is fucking bullshit.
    Anthem isn't a single player game.

Ok guys....i came across the Audio Bug 10 hours into the game.
    Happened first time
    restarted
    (...)
    Happened 3 more times

I really hope they fix this issue.
    More people are having problems as shown:
    here
    and
    here

Hope they fix this (--__--)
    DAMMIT why did this only started 10 hours into the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Happened first time
    restarted
    (...)
    Happened 3 more times

here
    and
    here

It's frostbite, has something to do with audio overload.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This has been the case for a long, long time in online games. If not the developers than the server hosts (who pay for the servers you play on, just like the developers pay for the Anthem servers you play on).

And no, it's usually pretty simple. Don't be an asshole to others and don't abuse obvious exploits/bugs that were not intended and you'll be fine. They're online games played with others, so a certain level of game-world integrity is expected, even if there's no trading or anything like an economy.

As games become more like MMO's (it's what these shared world titles are tip-toeing towards) that means MMO rules and behavioral expectations come along with them.

Anthem isn't a single player game.
    It also doesn't have an economy, so how can you exploit something that doesn't exist?

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    It also doesn't have an economy, so how can you exploit something that doesn't exist?
    It's going to have a leaderboard, doesn't matter if there's no trading or economy, they can't just let them slide until then, they have to ban from day one for exploiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Happened first time
    restarted
    (...)
    Happened 3 more times

here
    and
    here

They've fixed like 3-4 instances where it occured in previous patches but the bug is more widespread than one would think.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I acknowledged it doesn't have an economy. But it does screw with the intended progression path for players. Developers generally design around assumptions (including based off of real time metrics once live) of how much currency etc. folks have, this helps determine things like how much in-game currency a new item will cost or how much currency should be rewarded from new activities. Having a whole lot of folks swimming in currencies while others are on the normal progression path either leads to the currency being totally useless to those who exploited so it's unrewarding or they price it well above what normal players have to bleed currency out of folks inventories.

Either way, it's an online game. You're playing on their servers and you're not paying for continued access. You play by their rules and use common sense, it's really not asking much of players. Especially considering that you're going to be getting free content in return.

MMO vs a shared world experience your comparison holds no ground my guy.

- - - Updated - - -

MMO versus a shared world has something to do with his statement? You've lost your mind. I'm sorry but if you don't know that exploiting is basically cheating, regardless of it being a single player or multiplayer game or PVE or PVP, then I don't know what to tell you. Since when can a developer tell you what to do with their game?? This isn't something that has just been around the last couple year. Have you not seen an EULA in a game before? I'm sure like most people you just clicked agree and went about your business but there are some things in there they tell you not to do. This isn't just a matter of you playing a game offline in the privacy of your own home either, which they probably wouldn't care so much about. This guy was actively teaching his streaming audience how to use the bugs to exploit the game. That is just not cool.

Again, maybe it's just me, but I don't cheat in games or use exploits, that's not my style. But if you want to be a cheater and/or support one you go right ahead...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    MMO versus a shared world has something to do with his statement? You've lost your mind. I'm sorry but if you don't know that exploiting is basically cheating, regardless of it being a single player or multiplayer game or PVE or PVP, then I don't know what to tell you. Since when can a developer tell you what to do with their game?? This isn't something that has just been around the last couple year. Have you not seen an EULA in a game before? I'm sure like most people you just clicked agree and went about your business but there are some things in there they tell you not to do. This isn't just a matter of you playing a game offline in the privacy of your own home either, which they probably wouldn't care so much about. This guy was actively teaching his streaming audience how to use the bugs to exploit the game. That is just not cool.

Again, maybe it's just me, but I don't cheat in games or use exploits, that's not my style. But if you want to be a cheater and/or support one you go right ahead...
    You deserve to be banned from a single player game for cheating? Okay buddy. Glad to see how downhill we've gotten from 10 years ago. Unbelievable.

You deserve to be banned from a single player game for cheating? Okay buddy. Glad to see how downhill we've gotten from 10 years ago. Unbelievable.
    Anthem is not a single player game.

If you exploiting can affect other people playing the same game then yes, you should be punished.

In regards to Gladds case I'd most likely also ban him. I'd probably not perma-ban him but a ban nonetheless.

It's not just the fact that he was cheating (in a multiplayer game, not single); it's the fact that he was knowingly teaching others how to do it, not just using it himself. He may not have even been caught if not for making videos about it and streaming it on twitch, which in addition is not only against EA/Bioware's terms of service but also Twitch's. He could have been suspended from twitch too. Heck he could have even had his entire EA game library removed.

Here's the thing you're not even considering. One of his exploits that he kept doing over and over is the Tyrant Mine stronghold where you die and the stronghold resets. When he and his squad does this, apparently it causes the stronghold to bug out for others playing the game. So not only is he teaching others how to cheat, he is also messing the game up for other players...

But it's interesting to find out you think people getting in trouble for intentionally doing something they aren't supposed to as somehow humanity going downhill... What's unbelievable is that there are people that thinking cheating is ok. "well, it's just a video game...." Yeah, ok.

By the way, this is directly from EA's TOS:

6. Rules of Conduct

When you access or use an EA Service, you agree that you will not:

Use exploits, cheats, undocumented features, design errors or problems in an EA Service.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    This is probably one of the biggest things people overlook with the game. The gearing and builds can change drastically depending on what rolls you've got on your items because inscriptions get absolutely ridiculous.

Its like if you don't have something visual like the big talent tree that PoE has then the game is automatically shallow.

Random inscriptions don't make game much deep tho. It works for diablo 3, but they also have set bonuses and "fixed" bonuses (so you can expect what you get from an item, instead of getting... i don't know, loot pickup range?) while it also changes how you build your character (because you almost always want to build your character around items you've got, just like in anthem in this case, but in diablo or poe there is much more of customization going on)

Also having something visual like the big talent tree (Game: Allods online. Fun thing that some players were cheering when talent trees were removed from the WoW, were boasting about their talent trees, but it didn't made game deep enough to keep players... you know... playing, because there is always that build that everyone expects you to play, because it iz best.) isn't an indication of deep game. But PoE is definitely more deep than anthem right now (and that's coming from someone who finds PoE to be a cheap overhyped diablo rip-off)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Can I just say that Scar Nest is my FAVORITE Stronghold out of the three.

I love all the action and krazyness of the place and as much as Scelos is a BITCH to kill, now that I know how to kill it with weak points I just love this place. I do miss Tyrant mines for easy farming but I like Nest for all the madness in the place

On another note, does GM3 have a higer chance of LEgendary drop rate? I want to try it but christ, GM2 is more a Ability Sponge as well as bullet sponge even with Weak Point hits I cannot imagine GM3.

I got the Legendary 47 Arc Burst on Storm and even with it hitting 10-12k on Weakpoints on TRASH it takes about 5 to kill it with bullet shots in between CDs. But DAMN all that speed, I can get 1 Arc Burst every 20ish seconds so that does help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    It's more the fact that they're banning people for abusing their shitty, bugged up game for something that has absolutely no impact on ANYONE ELSE. So what if he gets better gear? There's no PvP, there's no economy, you can't sell or even give gear to other people. Something people forget, this isn't an MMO. It is a multiplayer game, sure. But none of the rules apply here that apply for MMOs, and the fact they are actively banning people from their game, after it's already getting BOMBED in the reviews, is just them shooting off their own feet. Instead they should see these bugs and glitches that people are abusing and just quietly fix them. Don't fucking BAN the people that are actively PROMOTING your fucking game! Rocket science here, folks.
    It's wrong for the same reason why duping in diablo 2 is wrong. It's cheating.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    If people exploit, then there is a problem with a game, not players. If farming X ammount of stuff doesnt fell rewarding for time spend, you can be sure people will go for shortcuts. Bioware is at fault here to even allow for this bug to pass the testing stage.
    Shortcut being abandoning the game, not exploiting bugs. I'd say that it's bioware and the guys who abuses bugs instead of reporting them and not abusing them fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Managed to do a gaming session without the audio bug happy (for now)
    And this happened
    Seems like that person was right when he/she said Interceptor is associated with the female body type.
    Check out my group:
    (It was either a female group of friends or they think interceptor is a girl body type...im the guy in red)