Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    If you read the sources on those articles, they're all based on a reddit thread.
    Falls under their refund policy even:

"Digital content that you have started downloading, streaming and in-game consumables that have been delivered, are not eligible for a refund unless the content is faulty."

Anthem is pretty obviously faulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Falls under their refund policy even:

"Digital content that you have started downloading, streaming and in-game consumables that have been delivered, are not eligible for a refund unless the content is faulty."
    Except other people in the original reddit thread that all of this is based off of said they could not get a refund.

Except other people in the original reddit thread that all of this is based off of said they could not get a refund.
    Then they should bring up the refund policy, it's probably bad CS agents, all companies have idiots in CS. Can't even tell you how many idiot blizz CS agents I've had that didn't even read the ticket.

Then they should bring up the refund policy, it's probably bad CS agents, all companies have idiots in CS
    Or people should stop writing articles about reddit threads and not following up on them. There's another thread explaining how to fix the issue right now.

Or people should stop writing articles about reddit threads and not following up on them. There's another thread explaining how to fix the issue right now.
    It's not up to users to fix the issue, if the game is faulty, which it is, its up to BW to fix it and Sony CS to honor their own policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I wouldn't mind these games if they were more appropriately priced.

Anthem is nor worth £60. Nor is The Division 2. These kinds of games are worth £40 maximum and £30 minimum.

They are not of the same quality as games of that price. Simple as that.
    Thanks for the review of a game you never played.
    Appreciate the input.

I have 15 hours /played and im a long way from being burned out.
    This game was worth it so far.
    I hear we need at least 100 hours played to have several builds playable.

It was hard for me to defend this game after experiencing the audio bug trice times.
    But for some reason it stopped.

The playstation bug is unforgivable though.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-03-04 at 07:02 PM.

It's not up to users to fix the issue, if the game is faulty, which it is, its up to BW to fix it and Sony CS to honor their own policy.
    I do agree that BW needs to figure out the root cause of this and fix it, but again its the case of a giant pile-on. Spider-man did the exact same thing for some users on launch.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...ed_of_or_have/

This? Because that doesn't "fix" the issue, the crashing still exists. It's a solution for unresponsive consoles to get them back running, which is good. But it shouldn't be necessary, either.

Yes, this game did have a lot of negative hype / hate-training prior to even limited demo access. I do think it's not just because of EA - it's a perfect storm of disappointment in Bioware, resentment at the increased monetization of AAA games, resentment towards multi-player crowding out single-player games, past problems with looter-shooters, etc. The poor image of EA is of course a factor, but it's been compounded by so many other factors. The actual issues (UI, endgame, loot, lack of content, poor story/world) then become increasingly visible as the demo opens up, pre-release happens, etc. Perfect storm of negative hype factors.

I think the marketing and community teams probably saw this coming, and were in damage control from day 1. But this product feels like a write-off by EA who were unwilling to fund further development, and are now simply accepting the poor reception. Once things stabilize they can gauge how much to fund further development, or whether to simply put it on a sort of life support.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

This? Because that doesn't "fix" the issue, the crashing still exists. It's a solution for unresponsive consoles to get them back running, which is good. But it shouldn't be necessary, either.
    I agree, they do need to fix it ASAP.

I disagree with the giant pile-on calling console bricked, the pile-on where people are claiming that Sony is offering "no questions asked" refunds.

10+ Year Old Account
    A workaround to get your console to boot back up properly is not a fix to the issue. It's a temporary stopgap, at best, just so people can keep using their consoles in general for software not being Anthem.

Any proper fix will have to involve Bioware patching the issue causing it, and that hasn't happened yet.

Same issue that was affecting Kingdom Heart's remix1/2(from the "story so far" collection)

You have to rebuild the database after booting PS4 into safemode. Then the shut off crashes will stop for some, but not all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungeir View Post
    Yes, this game did have a lot of negative hype / hate-training prior to even limited demo access. I do think it's not just because of EA - it's a perfect storm of disappointment in Bioware, resentment at the increased monetization of AAA games, resentment towards multi-player crowding out single-player games, past problems with looter-shooters, etc. The poor image of EA is of course a factor, but it's been compounded by so many other factors. The actual issues (UI, endgame, loot, lack of content, poor story/world) then become increasingly visible as the demo opens up, pre-release happens, etc. Perfect storm of negative hype factors.

I think the marketing and community teams probably saw this coming, and were in damage control from day 1. But this product feels like a write-off by EA who were unwilling to fund further development, and are now simply accepting the poor reception. Once things stabilize they can gauge how much to fund further development, or whether to simply put it on a sort of life support.
    Supposedly digital sales have been really good. It was the top seller in all the regions we have data for since release for 2 weeks in a row. We'll see during their earnings call.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungeir View Post
    The only thing this would accomplish is to ensure no one ever buys a game with EA (and especially Bioware) attached to it ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    The only thing this would accomplish is to ensure no one ever buys a game with EA (and especially Bioware) attached to it ever again.
    Think last game I ever bought with EAs stamp on it was Unravel.

Until EA and Bioware stop with this "games as a service" shit with big titles then I ain't touching them.

I don't want a game that's good in a year. I want a game that is a good at launch. £60 for Anthem is disgusting with how poor it is. It's worth £40 at most.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-04 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    Same issue that was affecting Kingdom Heart's remix1/2(from the "story so far" collection)

You have to rebuild the database after booting PS4 into safemode. Then the shut off crashes will stop for some, but not all.
    Right... PS4 has something weird going on. There are at least 3 games that have done this.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

I mean did anyone actually check for stuff like this before launching the PS4 version?

I'm glad I definitely didn't end up getting it in the end. Cba fiddling about with a potentially bricked console.

Actually saw some funny posts on Reddit claiming it's not Biowares but Sonys fault. Had me in stitches admittedly.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-04 at 07:19 PM.

I mean did anyone actually check for stuff like this before launching the PS4 version?

I'm glad I definitely didn't end up getting in the end. Cba fiddling about with a potentially bricked console.

Actually saw some funny posts on Reddit claiming it's not Biowares but Sonys fault. Had me in stitches admittedly.
    A couple other games are having the exact same issue, to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    A couple other games are having the exact same issue, to be fair.
    And?

That's still on the devs.

Also what couple of games out of curiosity?

And?

That's still on the devs.

Also what couple of games out of curiosity?
    Off the top of my head.

Kingdom Hearts "story so far" thing they released before KH3 came out. (couple months ago)

Kingdom Hearts Collection(1.5/2.5 remix) Which was last year iirc (The ps3 versions work perfectly fine)

GTAV was doing this same thing as well in 2015

All of them have the same fix.
    Last edited by Sixnalia; 2019-03-04 at 07:31 PM.