Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Been reading some of the latest pages and I sort of see your point and I think it's wrong.

You don't have thousands of people talking around how bad Witcher 3 is or KOTOR or LOTR or Dune. Quite the opposite, chances are if you are into their genre you'll be in for a treat.

When I see a turd I don't need to try it to know it tastes bad.

If Anthem was a good game it would be a different story, but it isn't. And it's not some niche weird art either that can only be "appreciated" by few.

Word of mouth is a thing. Making good games is a thing.

When a good game is made it sells well because it's a good game. Bad games don't sell well because they are bad.

EA would WISH everyone decides whether they like Anthem after they buy it and play it. But that's not how it works.
    Theres just a small hanfdul of people who keep spamming positives. Drift back some pages and you'll see who they are.

If they love the game, God bless. But I do wonder why they are here defending the game, instead of playing.

I suppose the positive posters just want to justify their purchase (expensive if they bought in early). This thread will die soon enough. The future fixes / updates won't be enough for players to Give a FF. It's an EA game .. mean't to cash grab initially, then disappear slowly after launch.

The updates will be around once the server stress dies down and get merged.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2019-03-05 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Fuck, Sword Art Online is on the top of the worst animes I ever watched, I still been watching every shitty season of it.
    I liked the first season of SAO. The premise was pretty good, all things considered. It was pretty clear the author had never played an actual MMO before, but there was some pretty enjoyable parts to it.

After that it kind of all goes down hill until the 4th or 5th story arc about people with terminal afflictions using Virtual Reality to escape their painful lives is a real tear jerker though. That's some good shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    I suppose the positive posters just want to justify their purchase (expensive if they bought in early). This thread will die soon enough. The future fixes / updates won't be enough for players to Give a FF. It's an EA game .. mean't to cash grab initially, then disappear slowly over the next few months.
    Or they're not experiencing some of the more significant issues and are still enjoying the game. It's happened even with games like No Man's Sky where the game is deeply flawed but folks still managed to enjoy themselves in it.

And no, it's not a "cash grab", if it was they wouldn't have made it an online game where all content is provided for free. That's a nonsensical position to take. If it was a "cash grab" they'd be leveraging an existing popular IP (like Star Wars) and shitting out a cheaply made game with no promises of additional support, much less free content. Creating a new IP is literally the opposite of a "cash grab", because new IP's always come with big risks.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    pretty much this, now I'm getting reports of anthem bricking people's PCs and consoles.
    you can judge a pile of shit as a pile of shit BEFORE you stick your hands in it and take a bite.
    And how often does that happen? 1 out of every 1000 players?

This is the problem with listening to info out of context. A small percentage of people having problems is treated like everyone everywhere is ALWAYS having that problem with the game. And that's just not the case.

Theres just a small hanfdul of people who keep spamming positives. Drift back some pages and you'll see who they are.

If they love the game, God bless. But I do wonder why they are here defending the game, instead of playing.

I suppose the positive posters just want to justify their purchase (expensive if they bought in early). This thread will die soon enough. The future fixes / updates won't be enough for players to Give a FF. It's an EA game .. mean't to cash grab initially, then disappear slowly over the next few months.
    If we go down that path of thinking.

This forum is pointless.
    Its only a discussion of "game is bad" and "game is not bad"

To be honest im only here to pass time. I enjoy communicating with people.

But its funny you say people who defend the game are only here to justify their purchase and to have some acceptance.
    May i ask you "why" are the haters here?
    You didnt say that part (>_<) im curious now
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-03-05 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Creating a new IP is literally the opposite of a "cash grab", because new IP's always come with big risks.
    big risk big reward. Everything was a new IP at some point in time

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I liked the first season of SAO. The premise was pretty good, all things considered. It was pretty clear the author had never played an actual MMO before, but there was some pretty enjoyable parts to it.

After that it kind of all goes down hill until the 4th or 5th story arc about people with terminal afflictions using Virtual Reality to escape their painful lives is a real tear jerker though. That's some good shit.
    Oh man i love SAO.
    That was some good stuff.
    The authot never played a MMO? wuuut? I was immersed though

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    I love Alita Battle Angel
    . I also enjoyed Alita, so what ._.?
    Going off topic some more.

Battle Angel was....meh. Visually impressive in a lot of respects, but changed some VERY fundamental aspects of the original material, causing them to deliver a very different story. Maybe I'm being a stickler for the original manga, but I didn't care for Battle Angel.

The point being here that just because someone doesn't like a particular game/movie/TV show, doesn't necessarily mean it's bad. Anthem is on the receiving end of a lot of this type of thing: You can tell a lot of people played it, didn't like it, and jumped on the hate-train. A few have been fairly objective about it, but most are not.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yes, but you don't make a "cash grab" with those kinds of risks. Cash grabs are supposed to be "safer" products, not something that inherently comes with a big financial risk.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Tell that to SEGA and Shenmue I & II.
    Greatest game of all time (for me) and way ahead of its time.....aaaaaand was a economic fiasco that put SEGA in debt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    1. Can't trust media (Twitch,Youtube ect).
    2. But they made a good game before ( Mass Effect,Halo as examples).
    3. It is the publishers fault (In Destiny's case Activision) even tho time and time again its actually shown its ether fully the developers fault or its 50/50 (in the case of anthem its 50/50)
    Just to highlight one point, because I agree with you on some others, but why do you think in the case of Anthem it's 50/50 with developer and publisher? EA has been hands off with Anthem, just like it was with Apex. Unless you are just believing the moron media that jumped on the hate train months before the game launched...

I do think though that it very much depnds on the game or style of game whether you can tell you would like it and/or it's good just from watching others play. If you watched a WoW raid being streamed without any background into playing the game that would be a poor example of showing you if you'd enjoy playing the game yourself. Gramted that's an extreme example, but there are a handful like that out there.

I suppose the positive posters just want to justify their purchase (expensive if they bought in early). This thread will die soon enough. The future fixes / updates won't be enough for players to Give a FF. It's an EA game .. mean't to cash grab initially, then disappear slowly after launch.

The updates will be around once the server stress dies down and get merged.
    You can have multiple thoughts in your head where you enjoy the game but recognize it has issues. Issues that probably will get fixed in time.

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    Just to highlight one point, because I agree with you on some others, but why do you think in the case of Anthem it's 50/50 with developer and publisher? EA has been hands off with Anthem, just like it was with Apex. Unless you are just believing the moron media that jumped on the hate train months before the game launched...
    EA was not hands off with Anthem, They was fully hands on. No big publisher like EA would be hands off with there biggest IP of the year by far.

That is why its 50/50.

But it isn't EA's fault that there is only 3 quest types in Anthem and a lack of endgame content.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Or they're not experiencing some of the more significant issues and are still enjoying the game. It's happened even with games like No Man's Sky where the game is deeply flawed but folks still managed to enjoy themselves in it.

And no, it's not a "cash grab", if it was they wouldn't have made it an online game where all content is provided for free. That's a nonsensical position to take. If it was a "cash grab" they'd be leveraging an existing popular IP (like Star Wars) and shitting out a cheaply made game with no promises of additional support, much less free content. Creating a new IP is literally the opposite of a "cash grab", because new IP's always come with big risks.
    EA promised so much additional support with SWTOR. It's really tough to forget.

Ironically, once SWTOR launched, players got zero support, instead of additional support

--

As you mention, it is a new IP, and as such, there are no licensing fees (as with SWTOR). This may be the games saving grace, although only time will tell.

It's hard to view EA the same way I used to a decade ago :/ Very hard... with very little trust.

EA was not hands off with Anthem, They was fully hands on. No big publisher like EA would be hands off with there biggest IP of the year by far.
    Citation required*

Citation required*
    Its EA, They own Anthem and they are always hands on with their biggest IP's even more so when its going to be the biggest IP they drop this year......

A citation isn't required only common sense.

(To be clear not fully blaming EA ether, Bioware is the other half of the coin).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

EA promised so much additional support with SWTOR. It's really tough to forget.

Ironically, once SWTOR launched, players got zero support, instead of additional support
    Except that's not remotely true. At all.

It launched and was a disaster, and there was never any chance that they were going to have monthly updates like they promised (pretty much no MMO has ever pulled this off). The issues were far more widespread because BW was caught on their back feet (they thought it would take players 3-5 MONTHS to hit level 50 and couldn't believe folks were hitting that in days/weeks) and most of the initial time was more focused on trying to shore up a very, very leaky ship.

Even despite that and despite layoffs, they still had some decent updates leading into a pretty solid version of the game when it went F2P. The F2P model sucked, but it came with an expansion following not too much later (if my timelines are correct). Expansion was good, content updates were pretty good, and it got 3 more expansions since then plus plenty of other updates.

It's slowed in recent years due to the game slowly earning less and less money and apparently some of the team being pulled to work on Anthem, but trying to claim it got zero support is completely, 100% factually incorrect.

As you mention, it is a new IP, and as such, there are no licensing fees (as with SWTOR). This may be the games saving grace, although only time will tell.
    They already paid for the license, they'd just lose some potential revenue sharing if that's part of their agreement. But even with that they still have tons of internal IP's they can use.

Command and Conquer? Dead Space? Battlefield? PvZ? The Sims? I mean, they've got a boatload of popular IP's that they can either bring back from the dead or are still active and can easily be pulled from.

It's hard to view EA the same way I used to a decade ago :/ Very hard... with very little trust.
    Fair, EA has fucked up plenty over the years and there are plenty of legit criticisms to direct their way. But some of the hyperbole is silly.

Its EA, They own Anthem and they are always hands on with their biggest IP's even more so when its going to be the biggest IP they drop this year......

A citation isn't required only common sense.
    That's not a citation, that's your opinion.

Oh my young padawan, yes I have, let me show you da way ~

Grab ad-block, add a custom filter with: mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored

There ya go ~ still not perfect, but it helps a lot.
    Filtering out the white boxes does nothing for seeing the quotes everywhere though, which is easily the most important part. Since it effectively nullifies the ignore.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

That's not a citation, that's your opinion.
    Feel free to prove it wrong.

Respawn says EA was hands off but Bioware says nothing..... Shit isn't hard to figure out and you don't need some inside source to do it ether.

Like I said I don't fully blame EA but the blame is 50/50.

I have two monitors, games literally running on the other one as I type this. Though I wouldn't say I "love" the game, just that I see its potential. Its very much an unfinished game with lots of flaws, but nothing worse than what I've dealt with in other titles that went on to be successes.

This is a website filled with blizzard gamers, and blizzard made their entire reputation on polish, polish, polish. That polishing tended to happen *after* the game was launched, which is why there was and continues to be the beta memes.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2019-03-05 at 01:26 AM.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.