Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its EA, They own Anthem and they are always hands on with their biggest IP's even more so when its going to be the biggest IP they drop this year......

A citation isn't required only common sense.

(To be clear not fully blaming EA ether, Bioware is the other half of the coin).
    Source for them being hands on with their biggest IPs? Most of what I've read about EA says they're pretty hands-off. Studios go to them with a pitch and then they have a bit of a negotiation to decide what features the game will have, how much cash they'll need and when it will be ready. EA's biggest sin seems to be giving the studios that much leeway but then not giving them extra cash or more time when the project ends up over budget or behind schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Oh it was, I fully acknowledge that... and I blame her pointless love interest for most part of it, still enjoyed the movie nonetheless.
    But to bring it back on topic, people just need to be a bit more objective instead of just jumping on a bandwagon. If I hadn't actually played Anthem to see for myself if the game was worth a damn, and just listened to the big youtubers and reviews, I'd probably think the game was a steaming pile of bugs and terrible decisions. But I DID play the game for myself, and discovered that it was fine....very enjoyable even, despite some of the bugs I actually encountered.

A lot of people like to say they can learn everything they need to know about a game by watching streams or youtube videos. And don't get me wrong, that's a powerful tool! But it's the difference between book learning and actual first-hand experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Filtering out the white boxes does nothing for seeing the quotes everywhere though, which is easily the most important part. Since it effectively nullifies the ignore.
    TBH I don't mind having seeing the box where people on my ignore-list have posted, mostly it's just a reminder that is probably isn't worthwhile replying to them.

Feel free to prove it wrong.
    That's not how this works dude. You're making the claim that they're very hands-on, it's up to you to back it up.

Respawn says EA was hands off but Bioware says nothing..... Shit isn't hard to figure out and you don't need some inside source to do it ether.
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-us-what-to-do

It's dated, but here's an article with the BW Doctors refuting that claim back in 2011. It's been a common refrain since forever and while it may be true with some specific games it's not universally true.

Unless you have something more recently that contradicts this, it's remains the case.

Feel free to prove it wrong.

Respawn says EA was hands off but Bioware says nothing..... Shit isn't hard to figure out and you don't need some inside source to do it ether.

Like I said I don't fully blame EA but the blame is 50/50.
    OMAGALOL! Sorry, burden of proof lies with the person making the assertion.

Its EA, They own Anthem and they are always hands on with their biggest IP's even more so when its going to be the biggest IP they drop this year......

A citation isn't required only common sense.

(To be clear not fully blaming EA ether, Bioware is the other half of the coin).
    From what I understand it's in the contract between Bioware and EA that EA is basically hands off with Anthem, so no it's not common sense. This is completely your opinion and that's fine but let's call a spade a spade. I'm sure EA's recent lawsuits and such are also part of the reason though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    TBH I don't mind having seeing the box where people on my ignore-list have posted, mostly it's just a reminder that is probably isn't worthwhile replying to them.
    Seeing their posts does that for me.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    JT do you change your opinion based on the thread?

In Sekiro you were giving me shit for suggesting activision had vision over that game now you're coming up with BS saying EA are hands on with no proof.

Whatever agenda suits I guess
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

I have two monitors, games literally running on the other one as I type this.
    Same here - one thing where they could definitely make an objective improvement is cutting down on the loading screens, though I haven't run into any that last more than 20 or so seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Except that's not remotely true. At all.

It launched and was a disaster, and there was never any chance that they were going to have monthly updates like they promised (pretty much no MMO has ever pulled this off). The issues were far more widespread because BW was caught on their back feet (they thought it would take players 3-5 MONTHS to hit level 50 and couldn't believe folks were hitting that in days/weeks) and most of the initial time was more focused on trying to shore up a very, very leaky ship.
    For what it's worth, I gave them over a hundred bug reports, as an active multiple version beta tester for SWTOR.

None of the issues I reported got fixed.

So .. when the game released in a buggy state, I was sorta pissed off. How can you do this to freakin' Star Wars?

Stuff like cheats to get from your starting planet to your main ship hub, without doing any of the quests, spots to fall through the world, missing items, broken quests, no reward if inventory is full.. sometimes no reward at all (maybe if grouped? I asked them that question too), quest chains that didn't make sense, or didn't follow up properly .. chains that were shown, but didn't match the outcome of what a user experienced previously, lost mail, crafting glitches, etc, etc, etc.

For shits and giggles, I don't know if it still works, but to get to the ship hub as a lv 1, go into an ocean (North, in one of the starting locals for empire), far from land before you drown. You'll die. When you respawn you'll be on your respective Empire ship, ready to spam-bot for invites, gold, or just good old fashioned trolling, as lv 1. Without ever doing the quest chain to fly off your starting planet.

Reported 6 months prior to launch. Fixed? Nah, day 1 exploit.

Even despite that and despite layoffs, they still had some decent updates leading into a pretty solid version of the game when it went F2P. The F2P model sucked, but it came with an expansion following not too much later (if my timelines are correct). Expansion was good, content updates were pretty good, and it got 3 more expansions since then plus plenty of other updates.
    The F2P ruined SW Canon. The gambling boxes ultimately kept me away though. Even though the new gambling Reputation was silly, it was still a character attribute, and could only be gained via loot boxes.

The ridiculous mounts / vehicles didn't help.

It's slowed in recent years due to the game slowly earning less and less money and apparently some of the team being pulled to work on Anthem, but trying to claim it got zero support is completely, 100% factually incorrect.
    Our ideas of support differ perhaps. I don't coun't a years+ subscription of SWTOR just to get one small DLC as support. Over 8 years. Several updates.. Hmm.

When I did have tickets open long ago, they would just sit for a week-10 days, until they timed out and simply disappeared.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2019-03-05 at 01:36 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post

If they love the game, God bless. But I do wonder why they are here defending the game, instead of playing..
    thats the beauty of anthem, thankfully to the conveniently long loading times you can also play the game and browse the internet or post comments online at the same time!

They already paid for the license, they'd just lose some potential revenue sharing if that's part of their agreement. But even with that they still have tons of internal IP's they can use.

Command and Conquer? Dead Space? Battlefield? PvZ? The Sims? I mean, they've got a boatload of popular IP's that they can either bring back from the dead or are still active and can easily be pulled from.
    I know you saw the monstrosity EA did to C&C (mobile)

I don't think people suddenly dislike RTS games these days, so much as the ones available simply suck ass.

You made sure to finish another mission yeah? Because this is the first time I've heard of someone having a specific item vanish out of the pool. Usually people just think they lost everything because they don't realize it gets rewarded at the end of the next mission.
    Yep, took me all of 45 min to finish it because I was doing it GM2 Solo. I was so stoked to get that drop and wanted to get into the Forge to see what it was. I hit F to leave Freeplay and then 10sec later game crashed to Desktop

7+ Year Old Account

I don't think people suddenly dislike RTS games these days, so much as the ones available simply suck ass.
    Because they are harder to play because you have to control more units than one person. Also normally have to base build/expand. Survey the map/opponent etc

Even in games like Dota 2 heroes like Meepo who have multiple units to play always feature on lists of least played heroes.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2019-03-05 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Because they are harder to play because you have to control more units than one person. Also normally have to base build/expand. Survey the map/opponent etc

Even in games like Dota 2 heroes like Meepo who have multiple units to play always feature on lists of least played heroes.
    ..and you need to keep your credit card in one hand while playing C&C mobile.

..and you need to keep your credit card in one hand while playing C&C mobile.
    If you're into games with microtransactions why wouldn't you have your CC details saved in the app?

They kind don't really like RTS games anymore...

Starcraft 2 died a horrible death very quickly. Frankly they're very hard to get good at and the majority of players only play the campaign. MOBAs basically took over that space. There's a reason no one is pumping out new ones.

From a personal standpoint I physically cannot play RTS's anymore because of carpal tunnel.

For everyone who enjoys drama (pretty much everyone, me included )
    The guy who got banned got unbanned and made a video about it.
    It was because of the Storm Ultimate bug abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Same here - one thing where they could definitely make an objective improvement is cutting down on the loading screens, though I haven't run into any that last more than 20 or so seconds.
    Yeah I think they could do wonders for the game by eliminating the need to go to certain places. Like people asking to go back to the expedition launch screen from the end screen. Right there you'd completely eliminate probably thee most significant load screen which is going back to fort Tarsis or the launch bay.

Though what I really get passionate about is class design, itemization, and reward structure. I think there's so much that can be done there, but I imagine all the time and energy is going to be spent elsewhere. Especially since they already made changes to the itemization.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    In that case you can just do what I do, just… don’t read it…. OR!

You can start your own version of MMO-Champion, with blackjack, hookers and a decent ignore function!
    Impossible to not read it, especially when it takes over the thread (like you're seeing in this one). At that point I'd just have to abandon the website.

I just try not to respond to the most egregious of offenders.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

@Baconeggcheese

Am i unnoying?
    Ive been thinking about it and im constantly arguing and presenting arguments in a somewhat aggresive manner.
    I dont know any other way of presenting arguments...
    Should i tone it down a notch?