Yikes. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...Anthem is bricking consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Tbh it’s kind of hard to tell until we get a word from Sony on the matter.

The reports are mostly about Anthem shutting down the console, which may lead to bricking, however from what I’ve seen there is one single report about it bricking, it’s possible, however it may also be fake, or even due an entirely different reason other than Anthem.

IF, it’s indeed true… then fuck, that puts it in a worst position than Fallout 76, I mean, Fallout 76 may have been a broken mess but at least it was a broken mess that didn’t turn your hardware into shit =/ Either way, just to be safe, I would recommend any Anthem PS4 owner to put the game on hold for now and try to contact Sony about it.
    It's not really bricking, its more like it throws your console into safe boot and makes it verify files. Supposedly Spider Man had the same issue

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    For everyone who enjoys drama (pretty much everyone, me included )
    The guy who got banned got unbanned and made a video about it.
    It was because of the Storm Ultimate bug abuse.
    I knew this was the reason for his ban. He knew what he was doing and got what he deserved. And even after admitting it he tries to play it off like it was still wrong for them to do.... Yeah I used an exploit for my own gain but, I didnt deserve to get banned or suspended cus it is a PvE game...

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Anthem is supposedly on sale for PS4 (Standard Edition) on Amazon, 50$ I think, for those interested. There's a Polygon article related to it that obviously sounds some alarms that can be found on Google.

Oh, and I truly doubt Anthem is bricking consoles by itself. I can't say with 100% certainty, but the cases that resulted in this seems to have been from complications from forcefully shutting down while there was disk activity.
    That's because the console just crashes. It has happened to me no less than 6 times. The last time it happened I quit playing Anthem. That was days ago. I have been bitching about this crap since release day.

5 of the 6 times it shut off as I was loading into a game. The 6th was when I closed anthem to play another game. There are no lights on it. Every time it takes 3 presses on the power button to turn it back on and then it goes through a HDD check.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    I knew this was the reason for his ban. He knew what he was doing and got what he deserved. And even after admitting it he tries to play it off like it was still wrong for them to do.... Yeah I used an exploit for my own gain but, I didnt deserve to get banned or suspended cus it is a PvE game...
    Eh, got a lot who support that mentality. Even in WoW when it comes to exploits that impact only PVE. Add on those who think because there is no PVP thinking devs wont be quick to nerf things and let players have "fun".

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    thats the beauty of anthem, thankfully to the conveniently long loading times you can also play the game and browse the internet or post comments online at the same time!
    I actually often take this sort of thing for granted. I've been gaming with dual monitors for so long that tabbing over to the 2nd screen to read comments or post is completely natural for me. I sometimes forget that some people aren't good at multitasking.

- - - Updated - - -

I think everyone should just go over all of it, read the reviews, watch some videos, follow some streams, if you can, grab a friend’s account and try the damn thing out, the general agreement is that the game is “meh”, a 6/10, kind of matches how I personally felt towards it, it didn’t felt like a bad game, but neither it felt good either, which is kind of disappointing considering how much I loved Bioware previous titles, however, none of it means that you can’t fucking enjoy the damn thing!
    That's fair.

The more I see of reports and reviews of crazy things happening surrounding the game, the more I'm starting to think I might be the exception. I've experienced almost none of the bugs or problems people are describing. My opinion is obviously going to be skewed by that.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Eh, got a lot who support that mentality. Even in WoW when it comes to exploits that impact only PVE. Add on those who think because there is no PVP thinking devs wont be quick to nerf things and let players have "fun".
    Issue is they intend for leaderboards or what have you, which means it matters unless they plan for a full reset of gear when those come out.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Yikes. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...Anthem is bricking consoles.
    Yeah quite a few PS4 players, are having that issue with Anthem.. From turning off mid game, CTDing to the PS4 menu screen, among other problems to the more serious issue of completely bricking the console..

I hit 492 power and I'm putting the game on hold until more fixes come. I want this game to succeed so bad, but the amount of bugs and game breaking issues...

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I actually often take this sort of thing for granted. I've been gaming with dual monitors for so long that tabbing over to the 2nd screen to read comments or post is completely natural for me. I sometimes forget that some people aren't good at multitasking.
    Yeah I absolutely hated playing games on my PS4 with a passion specifically because I'm so used to multitasking. MHW was a great example because it had tons of long load screens on PS4, when I bought it on PC and my load screens were nearly instant it was actually kind of a pain in the ass since I didn't have those moments to squeeze in something else.

Funny how one gets used to those kinds of things. Hell I even do that at work where I know when programs are slow to load etc and I squeeze things in to be more efficient.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I hit 492 power and I'm putting the game on hold until more fixes come. I want this game to succeed so bad, but the amount of bugs and game breaking issues...
    Yeah I'm at that point and I keep debating it. I haven't actually bought the game yet since I'm still on the origin sub going back and forth on if I want to buy it now or wait it out for a sale while they fix things.

Thing is I keep logging in even if its just to do the dailies / weeklies n stuff and as I get more broken items I end up having more fun. Just got a MW spark dash with an extra charge rolled on it which is just shenanigans. Can practically spam the ability just zoomin around the map.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Nearly ever new AAA title gets this headline. People always think its "x" is bricking consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Yeah I'm at that point and I keep debating it. I haven't actually bought the game yet since I'm still on the origin sub going back and forth on if I want to buy it now or wait it out for a sale while they fix things.

Thing is I keep logging in even if its just to do the dailies / weeklies n stuff and as I get more broken items I end up having more fun. Just got a MW spark dash with an extra charge rolled on it which is just shenanigans. Can practically spam the ability just zoomin around the map.
    Buddy of mine bought it, so I got it for free(using the xbox home sharing) and tbh I wasn't looking forward to it, EA is one turnoff and after the last Mass Effect, I really didn't expect much. I was wrong, I never knew how much fun it would be to fly around in a mech suit in a beautiful world, shooting fire and electricity out, laughing at my teammates as they keep going down cause they didn't use Colossus. Like this game has an amazing core mechanic, they just need to now build more around it, cause everything else is lacking and boring

And yeah getting the op gear is awesome, but I keep getting Solvent Green(12MC,1LEG) and still no flamethrower T^T

Have you tried the Colossus btw? So much health and running around with a shield out is so fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    For everyone who enjoys drama (pretty much everyone, me included )
    The guy who got banned got unbanned and made a video about it.
    It was because of the Storm Ultimate bug abuse.

Could care less about this guy, who's been known to exploit in a multitude of games and is actually proud of it. Yay him, I guess. You can tell just by watching this 2nd video too that he's a smartass, thinks way too much of himself, and just wants to cry that exploiting doesn't matter because it's only a PVE game. At the end he says he has used and will use every exploit he can find to do what he needs to do to achieve speedruns....so yeah he's a piece of work. His exit to the video is just a class act too..../smh

No reason to tunnelvision Anthem. There's a plethora of new games and/or updates coming this month.

Some tips for the current month if you want them:
    Destiny 2 Season of the drifter, 5th
    DMC 5, 8th
    PoE Synthesis expac, 8th
    And the last "big one" is ofcourse Division 2 (15th)

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    You made sure to finish another mission yeah? Because this is the first time I've heard of someone having a specific item vanish out of the pool. Usually people just think they lost everything because they don't realize it gets rewarded at the end of the next mission.
    I had items disappearing once too this weekend. Got lucky and got two masterworks in the two first world events, went on with another Storm to continue finding events, I've seen him vanishing mid-flight, then a few seconds later I crashed too, but that was not a physical crash, that was a "connection to EA servers lost". Those two items were never seen back.

Yesterday I've also dropped a Legendary in a legendary contract, I've clearly seen the Legendary icon on the HUD, but somehow it was transformed into a Masterworks in the reward screen, was weird as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    No reason to tunnelvision Anthem. There's a plethora of new games and/or updates coming this month.

DMC 5, 8th
    PoE Synthesis expac, 8th
    By the time I'm finished with everything coming up Anthem will be an A+ game lol. DMC 5, Div 2, ESO expansion, FFXIV expansion.... They've got at least 6 months before I come back around.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. It completely baffles me that people would defend his actions. Popular streamer or not, the guy willingly and knowingly repeated two major exploits in front of hundreds of viewers. What did he expext was going to happen?

- - - Updated - - -

People said pretty much the same thing over the Fallout 76 thread: "I've been playing for X hours and I haven't came across any of these bugs!"

That's great, although your experience with the game doesn't necessarily reflect it's current condition, doesn't mean the issues ain't there =/
    I've never said that issues weren't there, and I hope that's not what people have been thinking I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post

DMC 5, 8th
    PoE Synthesis expac, 8th
    I appreciate the advice, the one game I was actually looking forward to playing this month was Total War, but that got delayed till May. I think what I'll probably will do is start watching Game of Thrones from the start to prep for the final season.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. It completely baffles me that people would defend his actions. Popular streamer or not, the guy willingly and knowingly repeated two major exploits in front of hundreds of viewers. What did he expext was going to happen?

- - - Updated - - -

I've never said that issues weren't there, and I hope that's not what people have been thinking I meant.
    Like him or loathe him what he did was not exactly bad, it just showed how shoddy the game is to allow something like this to slip past the developers during the testing phase..

One last the thing if EA/Bioware had a strong case against him then why was he unbanned mmm? They probably don't need anymore negative press against what looks to be a very shoddy game.. To the point that people are going so far as to call Anthem the next Fallout 76 in terms of shoddiness..

I appreciate the advice, the one game I was actually looking forward to playing this month was Total War, but that got delayed till May. I think what I'll probably will do is start watching Game of Thrones from the start to prep for the final season.
    Given the rocky start of Anthem, I'd recommend not jumping in right away on TD2. Give it at least a week to see what the live version looks like.

Honestly, that's good advice for any of these live-services games. And it's not like there's a shortage of games or anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Like him or loathe him what he did was not exactly bad, it just showed how shoddy the game is to allow something like this to slip past the developers during the testing phase..

One last the thing if EA/Bioware had a strong case against him then why was he unbanned mmm? They probably don't need anymore negative press against what looks to be a very shoddy game.. To the point that people are going so far as to call Anthem the next Fallout 76 in terms of shoddiness..
    Whatever state the game is in, you don't knowingly abuse bugs like that. You report them and advise your viewers to do the same. You do not repeatedly use the exploit then cry when you get caught.