Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Given the rocky start of Anthem, I'd recommend not jumping in right away on TD2. Give it at least a week to see what the live version looks like.

Honestly, that's good advice for any of these live-services games. And it's not like there's a shortage of games or anything.
    Yeah, all these live service games seem to release way too early. RDOnline was a huge disappointment and I'm glad I didn't get FO76. Got some friends who think a great time together is playing coop games so I get dragged into them xD

BTW, is your avatar a Palico?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Given the rocky start of Anthem, I'd recommend not jumping in right away on TD2. Give it at least a week to see what the live version looks like.

Honestly, that's good advice for any of these live-services games. And it's not like there's a shortage of games or anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Whatever state the game is in, you don't knowingly abuse bugs like that. You report them and advise your viewers to do the same. You do not repeatedly use the exploit then cry when you get caught.
    If it was a PVP game and gave him an enormously unfair advantage then yes, but what he was doing is nothing compared to what people got up to in Fallout 76..

10+ Year Old Account
    El Oh El.

People are abusing bugs right and left, whether it's Elusive Talisman Devastator, Unlimited Frost Shards (and now Spark Beam too, which is hilarious), double ER GM3 farming, etc.

It's a bloody meta. Of course they unbanned him, because by all rights then they should ban a good chunk of population including me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    No reason to tunnelvision Anthem. There's a plethora of new games and/or updates coming this month.

Some tips for the current month if you want them:
    Destiny 2 Season of the drifter, 5th
    DMC 5, 8th
    PoE Synthesis expac, 8th
    And the last "big one" is ofcourse Division 2 (15th)
    Pfft Pfft, you forgot Sekiro! And for the strategy crowd Tropico 6 (not my kinda thing).

is your avatar a Palico?
    I think it's a chua from dead wildstar

Btw last night i got a Endless Siege minicannon with +120% Weapon dmg inscription that combined with +100% default weapon bonus is just insane
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Yeah, all these live service games seem to release way too early. RDOnline was a huge disappointment and I'm glad I didn't get FO76. Got some friends who think a great time together is playing coop games so I get dragged into them xD

BTW, is your avatar a Palico?
    Hahaha! I never thought about it, but it does kind of look like a palico. But no, it's one of my Wildstar characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    If it was a PVP game and gave him an enormously unfair advantage then yes, but what he was doing is nothing compared to what people got up to in Fallout 76..
    So that's the rationalization? That he didn't gain enough from cheating? Come on now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Btw last night i got a Endless Siege minicannon with +120% Weapon dmg inscription that combined with +100% default weapon bonus is just insane
    Gratz! Since the loot patch I seem to have the worst luck with drops as I've not had anything even considering worth using. Granted, I've been mostly playing free play the past days.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Gratz! Since the loot patch I seem to have the worst luck with drops as I've not had anything even considering worth using. Granted, I've been mostly playing free play the past days.
    I've had during a Freeplay session a legendary Divine Vengeance with +46% Javelin Damage (on two different inscriptions, +21 and +25%), gotta say Freeplay doesn't disappoint me.

I have the feeling Strongholds are more reliable in terms of loots (You're sure to get at least one in your run), but Freeplay can be quite insane too if you're lucky. Plus, it's less monotonous.
    The day they add a ping/waypoint system in Freeplay (or freaking Autosquad, I don't understand why you have to manually add people if you want to), I'll only play freeplay forever.
    At this point, even a radio transmission from Faye informing you than one teammate has started an event could be nice.

Anyone has an insight about the Ultimate Inscription component (increasing Ultimate damage) ? It doesn't exist in Masterworks and it feels like a waste right now
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2019-03-05 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Yeah I absolutely hated playing games on my PS4 with a passion specifically because I'm so used to multitasking. MHW was a great example because it had tons of long load screens on PS4, when I bought it on PC and my load screens were nearly instant it was actually kind of a pain in the ass since I didn't have those moments to squeeze in something else.

Funny how one gets used to those kinds of things. Hell I even do that at work where I know when programs are slow to load etc and I squeeze things in to be more efficient.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I'm at that point and I keep debating it. I haven't actually bought the game yet since I'm still on the origin sub going back and forth on if I want to buy it now or wait it out for a sale while they fix things.

Thing is I keep logging in even if its just to do the dailies / weeklies n stuff and as I get more broken items I end up having more fun. Just got a MW spark dash with an extra charge rolled on it which is just shenanigans. Can practically spam the ability just zoomin around the map.
    You lucky sod, I've had about 3 MW poison grenades and a bunch of throwing stars but I can't play without spark-dash so they're just rotting in my vault. It also keeps giving me MW heavy pistols instead of a mk rifle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    I've had during a Freeplay session a legendary Divine Vengeance with +46% Javelin Damage (on two different inscriptions, +21 and +25%), gotta say Freeplay doesn't disappoint me.

I have the feeling Strongholds are more reliable in terms of loots (You're sure to get at least one in your run), but Freeplay can be quite insane too if you're lucky. Plus, it's less monotonous.
    The day they add a ping/waypoint system in Freeplay (or freaking Autosquad, I don't understand why you have to manually add people if you want to), I'll only play freeplay forever.
    At this point, event a radio transmission from Faye informing you than one teammate has started an event could be nice.

Anyone has an insight about the Ultimate Inscription component (increasing Ultimate damage) ? It doesn't exist in Masterworks and it feels like a waste right now
    I enjoy Freeplay also the most by far. It's somehow relaxing but it could indeed use some fixes. I've also had most of my legendaries drop in freeplay but I've been really unlucky the past few days apparently; got a few bad masterwork components and crappy weapons, and a bad Detonating Strike, and that's about it. I had been really lucky before that though, so I guess it evens out in the long run.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So that's the rationalization? That he didn't gain enough from cheating? Come on now.
    Look at it this way was he roflstomping other players? No since it is not that sort of game.. Also EA/Bioware must of had a reason to unban him for what he was doing, and in the end with what he was doing, shows all that is wrong with Anthem simple as that..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2019-03-05 at 09:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I don't want a game that's good in a year. I want a game that is a good at launch. £60 for Anthem is disgusting with how poor it is. It's worth £40 at most.
    30$ maybe. And the argument that "you buy the game and all its updates!" is ridiculous, if the game costs 30$, and 3 upcoming updates are worth 10$ - i shouldn't have to pay 60$ upfront.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Think last game I ever bought with EAs stamp on it was Unravel.

Until EA and Bioware stop with this "games as a service" shit with big titles then I ain't touching them.

I don't want a game that's good in a year. I want a game that is a good at launch. £60 for Anthem is disgusting with how poor it is. It's worth £40 at most.
    Did you figure that out quick enough to get your money back from EA?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I have two monitors, games literally running on the other one as I type this. Though I wouldn't say I "love" the game, just that I see its potential. Its very much an unfinished game with lots of flaws, but nothing worse than what I've dealt with in other titles that went on to be successes.

This is a website filled with blizzard gamers, and blizzard made their entire reputation on polish, polish, polish. That polishing tended to happen *after* the game was launched, which is why there was and continues to be the beta memes.
    Completely different topic, but if you have time and/or ability to use a second monitor for a "2nd grade entertainment" of sorts while playing a game - the game is not that good. I never understood people who use two monitors this way - you either play, or watch streams. I know, listening is a thing, but distracting yourself from something you enjoy only makes me think that you don't enjoy it that much and games aren't immersive enough.

- - - Updated - - -

But to bring it back on topic, people just need to be a bit more objective instead of just jumping on a bandwagon. If I hadn't actually played Anthem to see for myself if the game was worth a damn, and just listened to the big youtubers and reviews, I'd probably think the game was a steaming pile of bugs and terrible decisions. But I DID play the game for myself, and discovered that it was fine....very enjoyable even, despite some of the bugs I actually encountered.

A lot of people like to say they can learn everything they need to know about a game by watching streams or youtube videos. And don't get me wrong, that's a powerful tool! But it's the difference between book learning and actual first-hand experience.
    Thing about youtubers and reviews - you have to find the one who has same tastes as yours and follow him. Following "big" youtubers and reviews is one of the worst mistakes you can make when thinking about buying a game
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    30$ maybe. And the argument that "you buy the game and all its updates!" is ridiculous, if the game costs 30$, and 3 upcoming updates are worth 10$ - i shouldn't have to pay 60$ upfront.
    Considering ive had 20 hours of (generally) painless enjoyment out of the game so far with no end of it in sight, id say its worth the price tag. For me.

And extra updates of content in the coming months for free? Sign me up.

Dont get me wrong the game has its faults, but at the end of the day the main selling point of this game is the gameplay, and how combat feels to execute. That alone is fun enough to make me want to stick around and see what develops.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Still no legendaries for me though, btw masterwork flamethrower + shock coil (or lightning coil, the one that detonates) is a no-brainer for trash aoe, more difficult to use for bosses especially the ones that one-shot in melee like ursix

On a side note i think freeplay could use more players in the map, 4 players are too few for that huge map, most of the time you are chasing other players to do world events because you can't solo many of the world events in GM1 or higher, so many times you join a world event but you have to fly away when you start getting swarmed from all sides
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2019-03-05 at 10:59 AM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    EA asks for help to diagnose Anthem's alarming PS4 crashes

This is not something "nearly all AAA titles do" as has been claimed in this thread, it has happened with some titles, yeah, but very few. This is an issue. I saw someone in here mention it happened to them a bunch, thought this might help.

Sony are also offering refunds, supposedly.

Whether true or not, guess someone would have to try and find out themselves.
    How the fuck do EA/Bioware not know what is wrong with their own game?

Do they not have QA or something?

This trainwreck just keeps getting more fun to watch if I'm honest.

How the fuck do EA/Bioware not know what is wrong with their own game?
    Do they not have QA or something?
    They do or they did... but EA probably decided they weren't necessary in the wild new frontier of live services where you market finishing the game as "free DLC".

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    EA asks for help to diagnose Anthem's alarming PS4 crashes

This is not something "nearly all AAA titles do" as has been claimed in this thread, it has happened with some titles, yeah, but very few. This is an issue. I saw someone in here mention it happened to them a bunch, thought this might help.

Sony are also offering refunds, supposedly.

Whether true or not, guess someone would have to try and find out themselves.
    What a shitshow. And people ask why i don't buy AAA games on release anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonaras View Post
    Considering ive had 20 hours of (generally) painless enjoyment out of the game so far with no end of it in sight, id say its worth the price tag. For me.
    The problem is current game hours aren't the same thing as game hours 10-15-20 years ago. The product was generally tightly designed and thoughtfully laid out as an experience. The current method of filling up the time with mindless wandering, loading screens, grinding, and non-tailored encounters is low effort filler by comparison.