I played only a few hour of anthem and gave up.
    The game is so repetative, there is almost no variety to missions, objectives or enemies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    How the fuck do EA/Bioware not know what is wrong with their own game?

Do they not have QA or something?

This trainwreck just keeps getting more fun to watch if I'm honest.
    Well i guess Anthem 76 will stick to it.
    But you can see they totaly ignored testing. You should never deploy a patch till you are 100% it wont break something.
    Oh and QA costs money:
    https://testfort.com/blog/how-much-d...ce-qa-honestly
    Why hire them, when you can use players to work for you for free?

Also you need to count that Ea doesnt seem to give a thing abauth their reputation. (bad rep (--- less money)

https://www.reddit.com/r/anthemthegame/comments/axhh4t

I hope someone writes an article based on this reddit thread...

TLDR - No consoles are bricked... people just don't know how to handle recovery. They are not offering refunds.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    They certainly have QA but QA will generally not catch everything that could happen. This is more a "let us know what you were doing at the time and did you have to do anything to get the console going again" (such as pressing the actual power button several times or having to wait for a while before it'll even turn back on). When they get enough info, they'll be able to recreate the most common circumstances for a shutdown and see what's going on.
    Yeah but why be reasonable when you can be in the cool kids club and grab a pitchfork to slay the demon that is EA ('cause no other major game developer works for money FIRST, right? *cough*ATVI*cough*).
    Also, my other favorite thing is when people hate on the QA teams themselves - THESE GUYS MUST SUCK SO MUCH I FELL THROUGH THE GROUND HOW CAN YOU MISS THIS LOLOL... I have friends that work/have worked for Ubisoft and can tell you, QA teams are under huge stress and with disgusting deadlines, half the shit they find doesn't even get approved for fix 'cause reasons (aka devs not having time for it, not seeing enough worth to fix it asap)…

The gaming industry has been decaying in quality for a long time with almost non-existant innovation but people only notice it when it's a random nobody's topic on reddit with 5k upvotes, otherwise it doesn't matter

Form your own opinions people! It's not hard.
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post

TLDR - No consoles are bricked... people just don't know how to handle recovery. They are not offering refunds.
    and why should people believe 1 random guy on reddit claiming he works on sony vs all other people?

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    BYou should never deploy a patch till you are 100% it wont break something.
    Totally realistic indeed 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    and why should people believe 1 random guy on reddit claiming he works on sony vs all other people?
    Why should anyone believe the first random guy that started the shitty news cycle?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

Yes lets believe some no name person who says they work for Sony.. Engadget has posted an article and an update from EA regarding the issue so an official statement of sorts has been made..

https://www.engadget.com/2019/03/04/...ut-down-brick/
    Last edited by grexly75; 2019-03-05 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Yes lets believe some no name person who says they work for Sony..
    On the other hand, has anyone proved their consoles was indeed bricked, or were everyone just scared it might happen (the same way a crash on your computer could theoretically damage it) and jumped on the bandwagon to get a refund for a game they don't enjoy for any other reason ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    On the other hand, has anyone proved their consoles was indeed bricked, or were everyone just scared it might happen (the same way a crash on your computer could theoretically damage it) and jumped on the bandwagon to get a refund for a game they don't enjoy for any other reason ?
    Theres some videos on twitter of it happening along with EA on social media talking about it and telling people to talk to sony about refunds., meanwhile people pointed out that reddit dude doesn't seem aware your posting history is out for anyone to read and he seems 'moderately questionable'. I would not be surprised if its just a fanboy pulling a 'my uncle works at nintendo' not realising everybody leaves a paper trail nowadays.

Yes lets believe some no name person who says they work for Sony.. Engadget has posted an article and an update from EA regarding the issue so an official statement of sorts has been made..

https://www.engadget.com/2019/03/04/...ut-down-brick/
    Oh wow that uses the original reddit thread as the source! I wonder who is more credible? Reddit user 1 or reddit user 2?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow that uses the original reddit thread as the source! I wonder who is more credible? Reddit user 1 or reddit user 2?
    Just like your link of some random redditer claiming to work for Sony? Did you read the tweet from EA at the end as well?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Theres some videos on twitter of it happening along with EA on social media talking about it and telling people to talk to sony about refunds., meanwhile people pointed out that reddit dude doesn't seem aware your posting history is out for anyone to read and he seems 'moderately questionable'. I would not be surprised if its just a fanboy pulling a 'my uncle works at nintendo' not realising everybody leaves a paper trail nowadays.
    It was actually more along the lines of if you want a refund you're going to have to reach out to Sony, not reach out to Sony and they'll give you a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    The problem is current game hours aren't the same thing as game hours 10-15-20 years ago. The product was generally tightly designed and thoughtfully laid out as an experience. The current method of filling up the time with mindless wandering, loading screens, grinding, and non-tailored encounters is low effort filler by comparison.
    Wha? You know games like Eldar Scrolls, WoW, GTA and other open-world experiences all existed 10 years ago, right?

Just like your link of some random redditer claiming to work for Sony? Did you read the tweet from EA at the end as well?
    Crashing != bricking. We know there's a crashing issue... just like there was with GTAV, Spiderman, KH 1 1/2, etc...

Does it need to be fixed? Yes. Do the headlines claiming it's bricking people's PS4 hold muster? No.

Do the headlines claiming it's bricking people's PS4 hold muster? No.
    They're reporting on the Issue about what people have with the game?

And yes it does, Jeff Gerstmann from Giantbomb also had this discussion with someone who was dealing with the same Issue on the PS4 and has stopped playing because of it.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Thing about youtubers and reviews - you have to find the one who has same tastes as yours and follow him. Following "big" youtubers and reviews is one of the worst mistakes you can make when thinking about buying a game
    I tend to agree. But in the specific case of anthem, I kept seeing a LOT of repeated and copied material. Lots of channels just repeating what other channels had said, and often covering issues in Anthem that had already been addressed. You could tell they didn't actually do their research and were just trying to crank out a video on a hot topic.

The only big channel that's actually been fully fair, that I've seen anyway, is Bellular. He talked about the flaws with the game, but also pointed out that many of them had been fixed. He outlined the problems Anthem faced, but also the good gameplay and the potential if those problems were addressed. He's one of the few channels I'm coming to respect for actually digging into the details and not jumping to conclusions.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    In reading around the various articles on this, if the person affected is not that tech savvy and there would be a few.. They would think that their console was bricked if it didn't shut down correctly or that they were trying to fix the issue themselves and inadvertently bricked their console..

Hell things like this can happen quite often, remember the Xbox ring of death issue from a few years ago, of course that was hardware related but what it shows is that when it comes to any electrical device anything can and will go wrong if you are the unlucky one, that it happens to..

Crashing != bricking. We know there's a crashing issue... just like there was with GTAV, Spiderman, KH 1 1/2, etc...

Does it need to be fixed? Yes. Do the headlines claiming it's bricking people's PS4 hold muster? No.
    As I mentioned above if the person affected is not that tech savvy they may think that their console was bricked, it probably isn't but they may not know that, they then may try and fix it themselves and end up really bricking their console..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2019-03-05 at 01:55 PM.

As I mentioned in another post if the person affected is not that tech savvy they may think that their console was bricked, it probably isn't but then they then may try and fix it themselves and end up really bricking their console..
    Constantly Hardcrashing can easily lead to Bricking.

Depending on how many times/long they encountered this playing Anthem, the game can easily be blamed for the cause.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I tend to agree. But in the specific case of anthem, I kept seeing a LOT of repeated and copied material. Lots of channels just repeating what other channels had said, and often covering issues in Anthem that had already been addressed. You could tell they didn't actually do their research and were just trying to crank out a video on a hot topic.

That's one of the biggest problem imo.
    I mean, there are some 2-days-old critics on Metacritics who say this game is "riddled with microtransactions", you know people didn't even look it up or give it a try.

But that's how 2019 works. "Influencers" have way too much power over the masses. An Instagram supermodel could literally say "RDR2 is trash" with her ass in the background and her 2 million followers would instantly hate the game