Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Yet the majority of Console Gamers seem to still prefer Physical.
    Depends what charts you want to believe - according to the one you couldn't understand in the PC+Console market worldwide digital sales are triple the physical sales

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Depends what charts you want to believe - according to the one you couldn't understand in the PC+Console market worldwide digital sales are triple the physical sales
    I'm looking at both charts and I don't disagree with either.

Conflating PC and Console Markets again? I was talking about Console Specifically and it shows Physical Sales are still a big Part of the Console Gaming market.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-03-05 at 04:23 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    you can't solo many of the world events in GM1 or higher, so many times you join a world event but you have to fly away when you start getting swarmed from all sides
    I have been Soloing GM2 Freeplay the last few days on Storm/Interceptor. Mind you it is time consuming with the 3x damage increase from GM1 but it is doable

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    I have been Soloing GM2 Freeplay the last few days on Storm/Interceptor. Mind you it is time consuming with the 3x damage increase from GM1 but it is doable
    It's worth it in a group... Not worth it solo, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Look, let's be real - Anthem is going to underperform. People are already starting to see all the issues it has that were pointed out by reviewers.

Real question now is whether EAWare will grow a pair and do its best to turn this ship around or they will pull Andromeda with it and abandon it to die midway.

I hope they will have a case of sunken cost fallacy and decide to stick around enough for Bioware to fix its broken shit.
    Honestly I am curious if this will be true that it is underperforming. The prelaunch expected sales seemed pretty modest for a AAA title. It seemed like they were forecasting new franchise type expectations so not even something like ME andromeda type numbers. If they can get another good patch under their belt next week to clear up some of the nastier bugs that still are out there they may be in reasonable shape. Most people I know even the ones hitting the bugs are giving them their initial act to see how this plays out so we shall see how they add content over the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    It's worth it in a group... Not worth it solo, IMO.
    This is true lol. But I dont have a friends list and am not in the mood to create one lol. I have had several grps in GM2 from time to time but not as often as I would like

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Because we're all masochists.

Considering some analysts think physical sales may basically disappear by 2022, I don't think physical means jack shit these days.
    They still matter especially for consoles but the balance point is swinging towards digital and will continue to do so. It is like the PC digital did not eat physical sales quickly but over time it did eat it up as the convenience became more apparent.

Hey look here come the retractions!

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    I'm not.

Physical sales are on a downward trend yet the Majority of Console Gamers are Still Buying Physical.

Yet the majority of Console Gamers seem to still prefer Physical Games.
    You clearly didn't read any of the links, and continue to argue in bad faith. The links literally show that physical sales are no longer in the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    The links literally show that physical sales are no longer in the majority.
    Majority of the Console Market is still Physical.

UK video games market is now 80% digital
    However, 75% of AAA game sales are physical

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...ercent-digital
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-03-05 at 08:06 PM. Reason: clarification
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am plenty shocked that physical sales are still even a thing. Last time I bought physical box for a game was WoTLK.

I am plenty shocked that physical sales are still even a thing. Last time I bought physical box for a game was WoTLK.
    Same here lol
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

For PC I am not sure they are still a thing any more percentage wise. Consoles though are still slanted a bit towards physical media although that pendulum is swinging just like it did for PC games. I think the whole renting games for your console keeps it still somewhat viable at least near term but over time I expect to see more and more push to digital like we saw on the PC.

I have been playing on PS4 since release, I love the game it's great the game play is fun and engaging the Javelins all feel unique and different they fell like what they are designed to be the Colossus feels like a big bulky tank, the Interceptor feels like a light agile assasin, the Ranger feels like what good all around balanced class plays like, and the storm feels like a mage. I love Looter games, but there just isn't enough to do at max level which I just got to on Sunday. There needs to be more incentive to play the game it needs either a new Javelin, a Raid or like 10 more Strongholds to hold my attention at this point, The biggest issue I am having right now that i know is RNG is I keep getting the exact same Masterwork pieced over and over again. I could honestly get over all of these things pretty easily, but the other big problem is the Game breaking bugs that still exist. We were playing a Stronghold last night and the boss had like 10% HP left when the entire squads game crashed and we had to restart the encounter completely and to a specific process to reset the boss, which someone in the squad knew exactly to do to fix it which should not be a thing. We were talking last night that we thing the game was Rushed out to try and compete with the Division 2, it seems like an unfinished game at this point, like we are missing 2-4 Javelins, like 5+ Strongholds and some sort of Raid or PVP content. At this point I think Ill put this down when the Division comes out and come back to it in 6 months or so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    For PC I am not sure they are still a thing any more percentage wise. Consoles though are still slanted a bit towards physical media although that pendulum is swinging just like it did for PC games. I think the whole renting games for your console keeps it still somewhat viable at least near term but over time I expect to see more and more push to digital like we saw on the PC.
    I have not bought a physical copy of a game for PS4 since I bought Evolve like 3 years ago lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    For consoles the problem is most people don't shop around and things like the Playstation store are freaking EXPENSIVE. Digital is probably ahead for PC based on the fact that you can get digital for 25%+ off off the bat for most games.

I'm not saying you can't get PS4/Xbone games cheaper in digital, just that PC gamers are most used to shopping around for their digital goods.

Also a Spoiler!

Ahah, thanks for the laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    It’s not that you shouldn’t trust anything, but you certainly should always take it with a pinch of salt, the articles use words such as “reportedly” and “allegedly” for a reason, most of them aren’t even really about the bricking, but about the random shut downs that may or may not lead to the console bricking (… and those ain’t just being posted on reddit), shit, the one I’ve read that states that ONE single person had reported that his console got bricked, just got recently updated, it turns out that it wasn’t exactly bricked at all, he just had to run the console on safe mode and “rebuild the database”, which to be fair, not something that the common user will know how to do or something that a video game should be doing to your console, assuming it is due the game.
    It's definitely a huge negative about the game, but it's not the only game to do it, at least one other game has caused total console shutdown and possible issues leading to safe mode booting.

Needs to be fixed regardless, no game should be causing console shutdown (Div 2 beta was doing this with memory leaks too IIRC)

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Also a Spoiler!
    Minor spoiler, i would say that Owen betrays you, steals the javelin of Dawn and joins the Dominion

Now that's a spoiler!!
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©