Guys, knock it off. Anthem discussion, positive or negative, is fair game as long as it's constructive and on-topic. If you think folks are breaking rules report them and we'll do our best to review them all, but that doesn't mean you can go off-topic. Please keep discussion on Anthem proper, if you don't like reading someones posts you can always put them on ignore and just move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Simple question. Have they announced sales and/or player milestones? If not then the game is finished.
    Have a feeling they'll count Origin subs in to pad it a bit.

But yeah friend lent me an XB1 copy and after a good few days with it I have to say it's a very shallow game. Not a flat out terrible game like Metal Gear Survive, Andromeda or Fallout 76 for example but it's basically like a stripped down version of Destiny 2 combined with Warframe in a nutshell.

I'd have to give this game a 5/10 and that's being generous.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-15 at 06:50 AM.

So, I put in plenty of time into the game, I loved the combat and traversing a large beautiful world. But ran into the brick wall that I was afraid of. There's really no progression after you hit 30 beyond hope that a new masterwork weapon drops that changes things up a little. I've heard there were fun events going on like named titans, but I never saw any despite flying around free play listening to podcasts. Moving onto grandmaster II just made everything slower. And the strongholds, while starting out fun, aren't capable of carrying the entirety of end game.

And to top it off, now every third time I try to simply play the game, the loading screen takes about 5 minutes and then disconnects with a "error loading pilot data" or something like that. Something that I noted to them on Monday but is still making it impossible to play 2/3 times that I try.

So, done. Just done with this nonsense. Division 2 is out now, and at the very least I sunk enough enjoyable time in to get my 15 bucks worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    @Gaidax Said fuck it since they had a huge sale, bought all the ME's and titanfall 2 deluxes for 30 smacks.
    *good_emperor.gif*

Stick to the original plan of 3-4 hours of ME1, then ME2 character creation comic, ME2, ME3 and you will see Bioware proper.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    There's really no progression after you hit 30 beyond hope that a new masterwork weapon drops that changes things up a little.
    There's little to no reason for Levels to exist in this game, there aren't even any skill points.

In Destiny you at-least had to level up for skill points in Anthem all you're doing is level Grinding for access to gear not for Skills or anything Else.

The complete mission screen which just takes up time is even more pointless as EXP is absolutely pointless at level 30.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-03-15 at 07:37 AM.
    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

Bill Nye is not the GOP type of guy. He is a science guy. Trumpers think science is a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    So, I put in plenty of time into the game, I loved the combat and traversing a large beautiful world. But ran into the brick wall that I was afraid of. There's really no progression after you hit 30 beyond hope that a new masterwork weapon drops that changes things up a little. I've heard there were fun events going on like named titans, but I never saw any despite flying around free play listening to podcasts. Moving onto grandmaster II just made everything slower. And the strongholds, while starting out fun, aren't capable of carrying the entirety of end game.

And to top it off, now every third time I try to simply play the game, the loading screen takes about 5 minutes and then disconnects with a "error loading pilot data" or something like that. Something that I noted to them on Monday but is still making it impossible to play 2/3 times that I try.

So, done. Just done with this nonsense. Division 2 is out now, and at the very least I sunk enough enjoyable time in to get my 15 bucks worth.
    You know, that's where I ended up. I never encountered any real problems with the game besides a single time the sound cut out, and that one screenshot of the forge I posted.

But what killed it for me was the total lack of things to do at 30. Not even a solo mode for the strongholds to challenge myself against.

Meh.....check back in 6 months i guess, see of Anthem even still exists. What a waste.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-03-15 at 08:27 AM.
    In case it wasn't clear, I'm a fan of what Blizzard COULD be, not the ruins of what it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    *good_emperor.gif*

Stick to the original plan of 3-4 hours of ME1, then ME2 character creation comic, ME2, ME3 and you will see Bioware proper.
    Hmmm, I dunno, I'd be hesitant to skip any of Mass Effect 1, because the story is so expansive and progressing your characters while exploring the universe is so deeply satisfying in that game.

It might not have the tighter, more scripted combat of 2 + 3, but it excels in showing the heart of old Bioware. The characters feel like part of an ensemble cast, who actually have their own lives and you can have a hand in their lives if you want to, or not.

Not to mention, Garrus is someone everyone should spend time with to truly understand what a great character can truly be.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    There's little to no reason for Levels to exist in this game, there aren't even any skill points.

In Destiny you at-least had to level up for skill points in Anthem all you're doing is level Grinding for access to gear not for Skills or anything Else.

The complete mission screen which just takes up time is even more pointless as EXP is absolutely pointless at level 30.
    XP goes towards your Alliance and rewards coin at the end of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Hmmm, I dunno, I'd be hesitant to skip any of Mass Effect 1, because the story is so expansive and progressing your characters while exploring the universe is so deeply satisfying in that game.

It might not have the tighter, more scripted combat of 2 + 3, but it excels in showing the heart of old Bioware. The characters feel like part of an ensemble cast, who actually have their own lives and you can have a hand in their lives if you want to, or not.

Not to mention, Garrus is someone everyone should spend time with to truly understand what a great character can truly be.
    There's very little reason to be playing ME1s side content as a first timer. The tighter pacing from skipping all of that benefits the game quite a lot. Come back to it later on if you like the series enough to replay them.

ME1 is a game with a main critical path that is 6-8 hours long with a bunch of 20-30 hours long collectables side quests on mostly barren and empty planets, with the same few warehouses and enemy types copied into nearly all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    There's very little reason to be playing ME1s side content as a first timer. The tighter pacing from skipping all of that benefits the game quite a lot. Come back to it later on if you like the series enough to replay them.

ME1 is a game with a main critical path that is 6-8 hours long with a bunch of 20-30 hours long collectables side quests on mostly barren and empty planets, with the same few warehouses and enemy types copied into nearly all of them.
    The main story path is almost 20 hours. The side content is about 6-8.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    The main story path is almost 20 hours. The side content is about 6-8.
    Err, not quite. It has 4 planet levels to do for the main story, along with the end game level and the introduction + citadel hub part.

That shouldn't take anyone playing at a moderate pace 20 hours, as opposed to 30+ systems with planets to land on in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Guys, knock it off. Anthem discussion, positive or negative, is fair game as long as it's constructive and on-topic. If you think folks are breaking rules report them and we'll do our best to review them all, but that doesn't mean you can go off-topic. Please keep discussion on Anthem proper, if you don't like reading someones posts you can always put them on ignore and just move on.
    Sorry but what a cop-out. There has rarely been meaningful conversation on this thread by numerous people just shit posting whenever someone wants to actually have a conversation. It's been happening for at least fifty pages. I understand negative conversation comes with any thread...but we've gone past negative posting to just shit posting anytime anyone wants to try and have some form of conversation on here about anthem.

There's no excuse for being an asshole to these folks.

SNIP..
    I've come to realize I actually disagree with that.

bioware and ea released a severely screwed up game. There is simply no way they didn't know that. Combined with that knowledge of the game, they willingly released it to the public and took gamers money for said screwed up project.

Being an asshole to them on a forum is the best avenue to vent frustration given their own actions. Being nice at this point gains gamers nothing.
    Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
    What you get: 7 free days of play plus a bundle of goodies: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I've come to realize I actually disagree with that.

bioware and ea released a severely screwed up game. There is simply no way they didn't know that. Combined with that knowledge of the game, they willingly released it to the public and took gamers money for said screwed up project.

Being an asshole to them on a forum is the best avenue to vent frustration given their own actions. Being nice at this point gains gamers nothing.
    All being an asshole does is convince developers there's no point engaging directly with fans and drives people away from the industry because no-one wants to be shit on.

Probably Aaryn Flyn, but he didn't die. He just left BW in 2017 and Ben came over from SWTOR to fill that position.

I've heard the same rumors on flight, but I've yet to see anything confirmed. You may be talking about the PC Games N interview, but that only talked about how the addition of flight (didn't say if it was late) forced them to rethink how they handled world design and combat compared to their previous titles.

There are a handful of key points I'm curious about but don't want to speculate on, so I'll be keeping an eye out for his article. Hopefully he's got some good details on the development process and if/where things went askew.
    https://www.pcgamer.com/bioware-vete...them-has-died/

The lead designer died in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    All being an asshole does is convince developers there's no point engaging directly with fans and drives people away from the industry because no-one wants to be shit on.
    Maybe thats actually a good thing. If one can't believe a single word a developer says, then there is no value in the conversation. Would save hours for developers not needing to write those PR pieces, and the community not having to debate if we react to harsh to people who deliberately mislead us.

People sending death threats to content creators also needs to stop.

Then don't release a your game as screwed as anthem was and still is in many areas. The distaste on them is due to their own actions. They knew the game was screwed up but sold it anyway and took the money.

I've come to realize the best avenue to them are the forums. If gamers need to vent their frustrations (and most do) on a severely screwed up product, plus want to be assholes about it. I think it's more than appropriate given the state of things and a great place to do it.

If bioware or ea doesn't want to respond because they can't handle it. Then they can fucking do better next time and not knowingly release a screwed up game while taking gamers money.

And before you just to the death threads thing. I'm talking being an asshole as yes, over the top death threats are completely different so don't confuse the two.
    Last edited by quras; 2019-03-15 at 01:43 PM.
    Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
    What you get: 7 free days of play plus a bundle of goodies: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

The game just needs some real quests that award loot.

A daily quest to run X amount of (world events, contracts, etc..) to award a masterwork item
    A weekly quest to run X amount of (stronghold, legendary contracts, etc..) to award a legendary item

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Maybe thats actually a good thing. If one can't believe a single word a developer says, then there is no value in the conversation. Would save hours for developers not needing to write those PR pieces, and the community not having to debate if we react to harsh to people who deliberately mislead us.
    It's a damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't situation. If devs do try to communicate they get swamped by arse-holes, if they don't they get people whining about how they're terrible and don't care about fans.