Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Dunno, inscriptions are doing something. A lot of them have an impact on what you're doing. Even the Harvest radius can be a bliss depending on how you play.

The only ones I'm automatically dismantling are the ammunitions ones because my current weapons are far from needing that.

I've had a Legendary Black Ice yesterday with +200% stacks, I'm loving it! Even though its Legendary affix (not the inscriptions) is completely meh for a Storm if you're playing with an Ice Primer.
    I saw one Legendary in my entire play time and it wasn't usable. I've done some research into inscriptions and yeah they can have an impact but the actual system itself seems pretty borked. Like I want 1 or 2 Epic Universal Components with big +armour mods and ideally I'd like 3 pieces of gear with +30 luck and then the rest with Autocannon +damage and I'd get all of that to do what exactly? Run GM2 and 3 Tyrant Mines?

I don't like Freeplay farming for Embers, that just doesn't appeal, I'd rather be doing some kind of dungeon type thing which throws enough loot at you to make you think that you have a chance of getting somewhere and Anthem atm just doesn't do that.

When they work out better incentives and more variation in end game content then I will be back, I like the game but it just isn't worth the time investment atm.

Anthem : Bioware next failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    I don't like Freeplay farming for Embers, that just doesn't appeal, I'd rather be doing some kind of dungeon type thing which throws enough loot at you to make you think that you have a chance of getting somewhere and Anthem atm just doesn't do that.
    The best loot fiesta I've had so far were in Freeplay. Strongholds are great... to dismantle Epics and if you want guaranteed MasterWorks, but I think all my Legendaries were had in Freeplay or Contracts so far. I've had my Black Ice yesterday in a random chest in Freeplay...

I kinda enjoy Freeplay because it breaks the flow, and even if the mission type pool is limited, such as the areas and the enemies, these 3 randomized guarantee that each world event will be different and that's great. Add to that these occasional Titans you find from time to time, and this game mode is much more enjoyable than the Tyrant's Mine farming madness imo. It just requires a few tweaks to be really enjoyable for a long time.

Its only big flaw imo remains the fact you can roam for 3 kilometers without triggering any event, and that's infuriating. Same level of frustration than Contracts which make you spawn somewhere and you have to travel 2 billion kilometers before arriving at the mission area.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Its only big flaw imo remains the fact you can roam for 3 kilometers without triggering any event, and that's infuriating. Same level of frustration than Contracts which make you spawn somewhere and you have to travel 2 billion kilometers before arriving at the mission area.
    Agreed. I wish it had the same system as destiny where there was a timer to start a world event at a specific location. That way people know where to meet up and team up to finish it.

As it stands now, half of the free play sessions are all 4 players at separate corners of the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    I saw one Legendary in my entire play time and it wasn't usable. I've done some research into inscriptions and yeah they can have an impact but the actual system itself seems pretty borked. Like I want 1 or 2 Epic Universal Components with big +armour mods and ideally I'd like 3 pieces of gear with +30 luck and then the rest with Autocannon +damage and I'd get all of that to do what exactly? Run GM2 and 3 Tyrant Mines?

When they work out better incentives and more variation in end game content then I will be back, I like the game but it just isn't worth the time investment atm.
    I don't really harvest unless it's in my direct path. I find it boring... I'm at the point of the game where I get enough MWs that if I really want to reroll something, I can pretty easily. Your Monthly quest also gives you a fair amount of MW embers.

Freeplay itself is pretty fun as every time I go in there, it's different. Different doors open up at different times, different events, different enemy combinations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    Agreed. I wish it had the same system as destiny where there was a timer to start a world event at a specific location. That way people know where to meet up and team up to finish it.

As it stands now, half of the free play sessions are all 4 players at separate corners of the map.
    They've started adding freeplay markers on the map for the most recent event. I'd be surprised if they don't add more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    All being an asshole does is convince developers there's no point engaging directly with fans and drives people away from the industry because no-one wants to be shit on.
    Maybe they should not do hit and run style bull to begin with to not find themselves in such a situation.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa..._anymore_math/

Man, Anthem players are going hard on reverse engineering how the obtuse systems in the game work. The scaling issues continue to seem to be a problem : /

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    I don't really harvest unless it's in my direct path. I find it boring... I'm at the point of the game where I get enough MWs that if I really want to reroll something, I can pretty easily. Your Monthly quest also gives you a fair amount of MW embers.
    With 90 luck I get around 6 MW an hour, which means the best part of 3 hours to craft 1 item. What am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Man, Anthem players are going hard on reverse engineering how the obtuse systems in the game work. The scaling issues continue to seem to be a problem : /
    The whole game is one gigantic problem dude.....

We've known there's a bug in scaling since last week. It's not like this is new news.

Basically level 1 items are ignored in scaling calculations. So are unequipped slots. An easy fix is to change the calculation to take into account all available slots when calculating the power level multiplier rather than equipped pieces.

A side effect of the scaling changes meant higher power pieces count for than lower power pieces... To me, this is a good thing as rarer, higher power items, should affect your damage and surviability more than lower power pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    The whole game is one gigantic problem dude.....
    At this point i really think it was a single player rpg they had to bruteforce into a GAAS game to chase a trend. I would not even be surprised if what we see in the final product includes a lot of andromedas 'quarian expansion' that got canned.

Dunno, watching the guy equipping only one item to deal ... 30k hits and 1 million ultimate is sad to me, with all slots equipped and dealing... 30k hits and 1 million ultimate. While having a shitton of shields, +150% Ultimate speed, +30 jetpack durability or whatever it's called, +93% support luck, and tons of +Speed/Damage here and there.

I fail to see the point of this. The maths seem extremely bloated, I get it, but the benefit of "breaking the game" like he does seem limited at best.

Sure, that's weird I lost ~20% Ultimate damage when I switched my second weapon from legendary to masterworks (for the 30% support luck), but I don't see how that's "game breaking" as everyone seems to think. People love to min-max stuff through spreadsheet it seems, while it is perfectly fine to not understand everything and just testing ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I've come to realize I actually disagree with that.

bioware and ea released a severely screwed up game. There is simply no way they didn't know that. Combined with that knowledge of the game, they willingly released it to the public and took gamers money for said screwed up project.

Being an asshole to them on a forum is the best avenue to vent frustration given their own actions. Being nice at this point gains gamers nothing.
    Being critical, being direct and providing feedback =/= being an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Being critical, being direct and providing feedback =/= being an asshole.
    I never said it did.

I said, I'm realizing that I no longer have a problem with being an asshole under situations like what is happening with anthem, how it was released and bioware knowing the state it was in when they sold it to their customers. Be critical, be direct, provide your feedback and if you're an asshole in that delivery because of the screwed up product. Oh well.

Call it what you will but I'd rather see the forums alight with complaints from assholes than some real issue where they actually acted on that death threat.

forums are the best place to vent and be an asshole when you know a game company willingly knew and sold you a game as screwed up as anthem. I'm come to realize I'm ok with them post their frustration.
    If the purpose of a forum post is simply to vent your frustrations and be an asshole, it's not likely to be taken seriously and nothing constructive comes from it.

You can be extremely critical, direct and honest about what you feel about a game, but responding with nothing but feelings solves nothing. You obviously have the right to do it, but it's not constructive at all and as the post from the Anthem community manager said, being an asshole like that drives the Dev's away from interacting with the community. It's not the developers job to interact with the community so why would they put themselves out there just to be shit on?

You want the devs to do better? How? What did they break? What isn't working? What specifically do they need to do better? THAT'S how you make a better game; constructive criticism. Telling them they're stupid, did a horrible job, wasted 6 years of development, put out a shitty game and that you can't believe how bad it is isn't constructive.

I don't work in development like this, but I do work in an environment where my work constantly needs feedback and Ill tell you that being given honest, direct, constructive criticism is 1000x more effective at making me feel bad about doing a bad job than some asshole saying I did a bad job. I know what my job is and I know what standard I need to work to, so when someone points out what's wrong with it, it's both a learning experience AND effective admonishment. All I think of the asshole is that he's an asshole and that I won't ask for his opinion again or pay attention to it in the future, not at the job I did because I don't know what he didn't like.

I imagine the Anthem developers work in a similar fashion.

- - - Updated - - -

I never said it did.

I said, I'm realizing that I no longer have a problem with being an asshole under situations like what is happening with anthem, how it was released and bioware knowing the state it was in when they sold it to their customers. Be critical, be direct, provide your feedback and if you're an asshole in that delivery because of the screwed up product. Oh well.
    Fair enough. So long as the constructive feedback comes along with it, can't really argue against that.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    If the purpose of a forum post is simply to vent your frustrations and be an asshole, it's not likely to be taken seriously and nothing constructive comes from it.
    There's nothing Constructive about discussions if people aren't even listening and repeating the same Apologetic Arguments in favor of the game over and over.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-03-15 at 04:11 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    There's nothing Constructive about discussions if people aren't even listening and repeating the same Apologetic Arguments over and over.

Games are ALL about feeling.
    The point is talking about your feelings on a forum directed at the developers won't solve any of the problems you have with the game or give the developers any useful, actionable information to work with.

I get that playing a game and you enjoying it is all about how it feels to you, but telling a developer you don't like how the game feels doesn't tell them anything about what's broken, what needs fixing, how should it be fixed, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Are you seriously trying to justify death threats over a damn video game?

What is wrong with you?
    Oh no he doesn't, he thinks it's perfectly okay to treat people like shit over something that might be out of their control, but he'll be absolutely shocked if that encourages someone to go a little bit further towards death threats!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    XP goes towards your Alliance and rewards coin at the end of the week.
    From getting bonuses to items to now Coins on a weekly basis LMAO.

Anthem done messed up.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    “Three days and three sleepless nights of spreadsheet writing and testing, not to mention countless loading screens.”

Shit, and some still complain about the feedback, fuck that’s some serious dedication for someone who isn’t getting paid for it, what I don’t understand is how the hell this sort of shit happened, Bioware has been doing RPGs for all this years, how can they mess this hard on something like this?
    The scaling was implemented this way to allow people to play with new Javelins without being absolutely screwed because they have no items for it, they probably don't expect people to game the system this way once they have high-level items because you're absolutely gimping yourself in terms of HP and couldn't do any decent level content.