Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    If the video comes with:
    This is not the final game footage.
    Its fine then. But if it comes without this is more or less false advertising.
    This ^

All they have to do is redact what was shown. Admit to things changing but not only did BioWare never redact the lies they showed. BioWare kept pushing those lies all the way to 5 months before release when they damn well knew they game wasn’t as they showed it from that garbage PR video.

That same fake video was shown at E3:in 2017. Shown again at E3:2018 and then again at a huge press event 5 months before the game came out.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    SNIP...

Another fool? Why do you think that a video shown two years before release is required to be final game footage? SNIP......
    I’m starting to wonder who the fool is here given you lack in information on said video and just how much it was shown and how. Lose to release it was still used.

5months before release. That’s all and if you think BioWare didn’t know then that video was bullshit then I got my answer from above.

Gamers aren’t upset a few things changed.. Their upset because of just how drastic things changed. Massive cutbacks in the game and not what was consistently presented.

All it would have taken was to say those things are no longer in the game and show a new in game video but hell. That would hurt that bottom line and so screw the gamer to get that cash prevailed again at gamers expense.
    Last edited by quras; 2019-04-07 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    All they have to do is redact what was shown. Admit to things changing but not only did BioWare never redact the lies they showed. BioWare kept pushing those lies all the way to 5 months before release when they damn well knew they game wasn’t as they showed it from that garbage PR video.
    I started paying attention to this game about a month before launch and they delivered pretty much exactly what they said they were going to at launch during that time frame + a bunch of bugs n stuff that they quickly fixed.

People not paying attention =/= false advertising.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I started paying attention to this game about a month before launch and they delivered pretty much exactly what they said they were going to at launch during that time frame + a bunch of bugs n stuff that they quickly fixed.

If you only payed attention within a month then you were simply lacking the information BioWare pushed for 2.5 years.

Coming late to the party doesn’t excuse their false advertising or their unwillingness to redact things they damn well knew were lies so close to release.
    Last edited by quras; 2019-04-07 at 01:52 AM.

If you only payed attention within a month then you were simply lacking the information BioWare pushed for 2.5 years.

Coming late to the party doesn’t excuse their false advertising.
    Paying attention to what they said I was going to get leading into the game and then getting that means I'm lacking information?

What you're proposing is an oxy moron, I was correctly informed with the most current information, if I only had information from the previous 2.5 years then I would be lacking information.

15+ Year Old Account
    All it would have taken was to say those things are no longer in the game and show a new in game video but hell. That would hurt that bottom line and so screw the gamer to get that cash prevailed again at gamers expense.
    And yet you just said that they stopped showing the e3 2017 video 5 months before release. Which means they showed a new video. Including actual in-game gameplay rather then an E3 video from a prototype state of the game. Gamers shouldn't require their hands held. If they choose to believe a early reveal video will be the final product then no statements from a developer will change that gamers mind.

- - - Updated - - -

If you only payed attention within a month then you were simply lacking the information BioWare pushed for 2.5 years. Coming late to the party doesn’t excuse their false advertising or their unwillingness to redact things they damn well knew were lies so close to release.
    So the answer is to base the game on out dated information rather then current information? Seriously? Even with in a month is still plenty of time for nothing to be at gamers expense.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Paying attention to what they said I was going to get leading into the game and then getting that means I'm lacking information?

What you're proposing is an oxy moron, I was correctly informed with the most current information, if I only had information from the previous 2.5 years then I would be lacking information.
    Coming in a month to the party it’s very clear you missed important information bioware pushed just 4months before you decided to get on board. Informtion BioWare knew was a lie but continued to tell. Hell, I’d bet even you watched that trailer from oct 2018 and thought damn that looks good as you scoured the internet for game info. Trailer was still a lie.

But... even if it’s as you claimed and you somehow missed the trailer. It doesn’t changes BioWare false advertising to the masses.

- - - Updated - - -

And yet you just said that they stopped showing the e3 2017 video 5 months before release. Which means they showed a new video. Including actual in-game gameplay rather then an E3 video from a prototype state of the game. Gamers shouldn't require their hands held. If they choose to believe a early reveal video will be the final product then no statements from a developer will change that gamers mind.

So the answer is to base the game on out dated information rather then current information? Seriously? Even with in a month is still plenty of time for nothing to be at gamers expense.
    Again, it’s not that some things were changed. It’s how drastic things were changed and how things were completely left out.

Gamers should be told the truth about games. It’s as simple as that. The garbage statement developers continue to use of things change is BS. It only works when things are minor or small. Something as drastic as anthem and that can’t hide behind that statement. It’s too much and no. They didn’t change the game that much in 5 months because come. To find out. That in game footage was never really an option as it was a bogus demo. Sure it hyped their game with lies but screw the gamer seems o always win out.

You might would have an argument if hey hadn’t continued to push that false footage so close to release when they knew it wasn’t in game but that’s not the case. It’s clear they knew all along it was mosleading and that’s inexcusable.

Coming in a month to the party it’s very clear you missed important information bioware pushed just 4months before you decided to get on board. Informtion BioWare knew was a lie but continued to tell. Hell, I’d bet even you watched that trailer from oct 2018 and thought damn that looks good as you scoured the internet for game info. Trailer was still a lie.

But... even if it’s as you claimed and you somehow missed the trailer. It doesn’t changes BioWare false advertising to the masses.
    I know you're better than this man, this isn't how the world works at all.

It would be false advertising if they pretended like we were getting more than we were getting right before launch. If they made all the media that they put out outlining exactly what we were getting and instead of telling us what they told us told us what was in the E3 trailer or something from 2 years prior... or saying we were getting 8 strongholds when we were only getting 3 or some shit.. then yeah... sure... false advertising... but that isn't what happened.

Again, if the consumer is running on outdated information... and the seller did in fact give the correct more up to date information prior to launching the product... that is not false advertising. That's entirely on the consumer for not better informing themselves.

That's entirely on the consumer for not better informing themselves.
    It's still misleading, watching E32018 footage they don't show the same Monsters/Enemies nor Fort Tarsis nor do they show all those Loading Screens and different transitions.

The Developers did not Give Any Corrections, they only gave some Gameplay Footage that didn't show similar things, even then the Anthem 2018 version had also had some differences from the RETAIL version.

Last edited by szechuan; 2019-04-07 at 07:39 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    It's still misleading, watching E32018 footage they don't show the same Monsters nor do they show LOADING SCREENS and different transitions.
    So a video that compares some parts of retail to 2017 and claims it is misleading. Again you are putting forth the idea that game developers can never change a game from footage shown even that shown early in development. Unless of course the game is well received (or personally liked by you) then it is okay to mislead in the same ways.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I started paying attention to this game about a month before launch and they delivered pretty much exactly what they said they were going to at launch during that time frame.

If anything I paid more attention then YOU because I paid attention to both E3's, you only watched one.

And no, they didn't deliver on what was promised especially when you watch Both, they also weren't advertising in there video how Dynamic there open world was and Fort Tarsis and (masterwork) weapon/gear pickups etc... in E3 2017 compared to E3 2018 where they only showed the most overplayed Stronghold mission in Anthem and didn't even show how Gear/Weapons were received and even then the 2018 Trailer had some misleading/missing moments that were not in Retail.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-04-07 at 03:30 AM.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

So a video that compares some parts of retail to 2017 and claims it is misleading. Again you are putting forth the idea that game developers can never change a game from footage shown even that shown early in development. Unless of course the game is well received (or personally liked by you) then it is okay to mislead in the same ways.
    Please stop feeding him man... its never going to get better.

Please stop feeding him man... its never going to get better.
    Says the person who seems to agree with someone that constantly ignores and misinterprets my posts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it true this game was made in 6-9 months?

Simple answers only please.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post

Games are created in multiple stages. The actual development is done in the production phase. That phase has started after E3 2017. Overall they goofed around in pre production for 6 years and only spent 1-1,5 years in production.

A lot of work was done in the first 4+ years but it was only in the last year and a half that leadership provided a coherent vision of what was the game was going to be like and it started being pulled together.

"A Game Informer cover story on Anthem, published in July of 2018, detailed a skill tree system that would allow players to build up their exosuit pilots in unique ways: “Your pilot also gains skills that apply universally to any javelin you use. For instance, the booster jets on your javelins overheat with continued use, but by investing in a certain pilot skill, you can increase the amount of time you’re able to stay airborne in all of your suits.” That system was cut before launch."

To the idiots actively arguing that the final product was how Anthem was intended to be, you're clearly wrong.

Just a reminder: the game was meant to launch in q3-q4 2018.

They had to push it back just to launch it in the broken state it arrived in this year.

The E3 trailer came out 1 year before the intended launch date.

So here's the story if you're interested: https://kotaku.com/how-biowares-anth...ong-1833731964

TLDR for that specifically is 5 years of preproduction and 9-18 months of production.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    To the idiots actively arguing that the final product was how Anthem was intended to be, you're clearly wrong.
    They said the pilot tree wasn't happening prior to launch and was something they were looking at for later.

I don't understand why the concept of linear time and current information is so hard for some people.

So here's the story if you're interested: https://kotaku.com/how-biowares-anth...ong-1833731964

TLDR for that specifically is 5 years of preproduction and 9-18 months of production.

- - - Updated - - -

They said the pilot tree wasn't happening prior to launch and was something they were looking at for later.

I don't understand why the concept of linear time and current information is so hard for some people.
    On July 2018, it was in the game. The game was planned to release 3 months later.

It was cut at the last minute because they couldn't get it fully working in the original time frame.

These aren't features they've purposely removed as informed decisions. These are cuts due to time constraints, poor managing and an unstable production timeline even after production actually began.

You're defending the final product as if it's what they wanted the game to be. It's not what they envisioned nor is it what they portrayed. I don't care what viewpoint you take or why you want to so fervently defend a malformed product, but the fact is, that at the end of the day, it's not what they wanted to make or what was expected of them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    You're defending the final product as if it's what they wanted the game to be. It's not what they envisioned nor is it what they portrayed. I don't care what viewpoint you take or why you want to so fervently defend a malformed product, but the fact is, that at the end of the day, it's not what they wanted to make or what was expected of them.
    No. Of course the game is not what they envisioned it to be. They wanted it to be the next battle royal genre defining game. The game is what they have shown it to be. As it got closer to release they kept showing information about the game that was update to date at the time of showing. Things clearly got cut, were to ambitious, or had to be changed for optimization.

That doesn't mean they were misleading about it. A person could have made a well informed decision about the game. Most of the people in this thread never should have been mislead given their gaming pedigree. I was excited for Anthem. I liked the early footage. Then changes happened and negative reviews started to come out with the demo. I tried the demo and liked the game but didn't like it enough to spend full price. I did the same for SWTOR. I canceled my pre-order after playing open beta and finding what I saw as flaws. (I'm thinking about buying Antehm now at about 50% off. Target has PC for $38 and google express had a 20% off coupon though I will probably wait to see if they abandon or support it).

You know that EA isn't worried about misleading though as they haven't given out free games like they did with Sim City.

Any footage but final release build game play are slices of what could be. To be misleading a developer would have to shows those completely different slices all the way up to release of the game. Bioware didn't. Given the statements about development it is entirely plausible those slices were the game a couple of months ago. But were cut or re-done. It would be 100% awesome if a developer can show footage and never change the game. The world isn't perfect. So that won't happen.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2019-04-07 at 03:07 PM.

No. Of course the game is not what they envisioned it to be. They wanted it to be the next battle royal genre defining game. The game is what they have shown it to be. As it got closer to release they kept showing information about the game that was update to date at the time of showing. Things clearly got cut, were to ambitious, or had to be changed for optimization.

That doesn't mean they were misleading about it. A person could have made a well informed decision about the game. Most of the people in this thread never should have been mislead given their gaming pedigree. I was excited for Anthem. I liked the early footage. Then changes happened and negative reviews started to come out with the demo. I tried the demo and liked the game but didn't like it enough to spend full price. I did the same for SWTOR. I canceled my pre-order after playing open beta and finding what I saw as flaws. (I'm thinking about buying Antehm now at about 50% off. Target has PC for $38 and google express had a 20% off coupon though I will probably wait to see if they abandon or support it).

You know that EA isn't worried about misleading though as they haven't given out free games like they did with Sim City.

Any footage but final release build game play are slices of what could be. To be misleading a developer would have to shows those completely different slices all the way up to release of the game. Bioware didn't. Given the statements about development it is entirely plausible those slices were the game a couple of months ago. But were cut or re-done. It would be 100% awesome if a developer can show footage and never change the game. The world isn't perfect. So that won't happen.
    This is a fucking awful argument.

E3 is a world stage way of presenting your game. It's not a chance to pitch a random idea that might not pan out.

For the majority of people, the world over, what they see at presentations of that scope is then what they expect.

Your argument supports the idea that forced crunch can work. The game, in the state it currently exists is due to mismanagement and the ideal that they could fix it all in post and not give a shit about what they did on the run up.

This is the polar opposite of how any piece of media should ever be made.

No, people shouldn't have to check every single update about a game until its day of launch to see what's been cut due to mismanagement, to see what features have been abandoned due to time constraints.

It shouldn't t be done and people like you shouldn't enable it through backwards apologism on the behalf of indecisive mismanagement.