Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    Wow, see the Colossus and Ranger flying around in the actual gameplay?? They even showed some of the actual cut scenes from the game as well. Looks just like what the game was at release. Just more people so focused at being pissed off at the game that they start inventing what was shown/done in the past to make themselves feel better...
    That video showed an Interceptor throw some sort of freeze grenade when the actual game has them using a freeze glaive! It's all lies, BioWare conned us, bait-and-switch, we should sue EA, class action lawsuit etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Maybe it's the effect of more enemies spawning in whilst we're still dealing with the first wave but I was having so much fun dodging and killing the crazy levels of enemies coming at me.
    Could be it!

I haven't messed about on GM3 much since I usually would just get melted. I'm 1 piece away from full lemon right now though so I might try it again. Haven't had the motivation since I can't really make a proper build right now with the gear options.

- - - Updated - - -

It wasn't cut because they couldn't get the system working; they came out officially in one of their live streams and said the skills they were working on were actually moved to the component system.
    Which was pretty funny, because a lot of the more general and less useful inscriptions like pickup radius people are asking to be moved to such a tree.

I think they should just pull a diablo and have secondaries, but yknow.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, you guys waste too much time nitpicking various videos. We know Anthem is an epic failure, especially after that article that dissected it better than any E3 comparisons can, so just take a breath of the fresh air and put this thing into graveyard of other games you have in Origin/Steam/BattleNet/Whatever. I did.

I did not even log in to check this whole Elysium crap, because honestly I can't bring myself to give enough damn about Anthem at this point - it's done and gone thing. Like maaybe I'll log in to check Cataclysms when they will be introduced, but I don't really hold my breath there.

At this point Anthem can be safely branded as a failure and realistically it would need a complete relaunch a good year down the road to even have any hope recovery.

- - - Updated - - -

I really think EA needs to go on and lop quite a few heads off in Bioware. It's just staggering how they fucked it up like this, especially seeing the time and freedom BW leadership was given. The most humiliating thing I find about this is that flight is in in a large part because EA exec pretty much forced it on them and this turned out to be one of the best things about it.

Some corporate dickwad could see what's good and what's not, while the creative minds of Bioware could not even figure that one themselves.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2019-04-08 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Meh, you guys waste too much time nitpicking various videos. We know Anthem is an epic failure, especially after that article that dissected it better than any E3 comparisons can, so just take a breath of the fresh air and put this thing into graveyard of other games you have in Origin/Steam/BattleNet/Whatever. I did.

I did not even log in to check this whole Elysium crap, because honestly I can't bring myself to give enough damn about Anthem at this point - it's done and gone thing. Like maaybe I'll log in to check Cataclysms when they will be introduced, but I don't really hold my breath there.

At this point Anthem can be safely branded as a failure and realistically it would need a complete relaunch a good year down the road to even have any hope recovery.
    Eh I really don't care, it was interesting to me how many people who seem to be overly defensive and refuse to admit some clearly Misleading corporate behavior like they're shilling for a Corporation.

If the Article didn't come out Anthem Fans would still crucify others by making Destiny Comparisons.

And imo Bioware should abandon Anthem and focus on Dragon Age.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-04-08 at 05:14 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    If the Article didn't come out Anthem Fans would still crucify others by making Destiny Comparisons.
    The thing is - they would not, because there would not be many of those fans to begin with. Even prior to that article you could see how Anthem crashed - fan discords are 3 messages per day deserts, Twitch down to like 500 viewers and even Reddit slowed down. If anything article revived the buzz a bit, but it did not cardinally change the free fall Anthem had already.

There will always be fans saying wild shit, like that Ministabber gal for Wildstar, but at this point nobody is buying it really anymore.

I really think EA needs to go on and lop quite a few heads off in Bioware. It's just staggering how they fucked it up like this, especially seeing the time and freedom BW leadership was given. The most humiliating thing I find about this is that flight is in in a large part because EA exec pretty much forced it on them and this turned out to be one of the best things about it.

Some corporate dickwad could see what's good and what's not, while the creative minds of Bioware did fuck all.
    Oh come on, could we please stop glorifying EA here?
    If you read the article again, you might notice that the person who was in charge in the beginning just fucked off some time during the first half of the project. The guys in senior middle management then pretty much took over but it was no longer a single vision. When you also need to to write your own tools for everything you want to try then it just takes time. While there was certainly a stunning display of incompetence involved, pretending that all of these 5 years were spend entirely twiddling their tumbs is also most likely not true. As the financiers of the project EA should have shown up earlier though to keep an eye on the project. That they didn't even have a vague story board 3 years into production is pretty damning. And they project was clearly not going anywhere at that point.

But I also disagree that after taking way too long it should go to their credit that they forced Bioware to release within 16 odd months. Yes the project was overdue, but forcing it out of the door helped no one in the long run. They burned through their staff, their reputation and the overall potential of the project. At this point they had at least created the tools so giving them at least enough time to actually test the damn thing should have been okay. At least in my industry (industrial machinery), you want to deliver something that is to spec, even if it is late, rather than deliver something that doesn't work at all and then get's scrapped. Now that the project has been handed off to someone else essentially for maintenance it is highly questionable if it will ever become good. I doubt that Anthem under EA will have the guts to pull a realm reborn. It will be gradual changes until it is passable, but by that point the interest will be mostly gone I imagine.

What I will agree on though is that some commentors have painted this as "oh this is the EA exec version, because they tried to please one guy - no wonder", that is complete garbage. The only thing about this game that turned out well was the flight and some of the graphics. They didn't even have that before, because neither the story nor the gameplay was good at any point outside of that. If you make a genre clone and deny it to that point that you refuse to learn from the big shot in the genre-space, then that is indeed damning and certainly brings into question if the people in charge were in the right position. The person that put them there certainly fucked up if not.

Overall I think the first adress here should be the person that heads bioware and allowed the project to be lead by an uncoordinated group of senior devs. That clearly showed no signs of being productive. From there on it's questionable how much people like "senior animation director" caused the project to fail. I have a hard time blaming a lack of vision on people who didn't start the project, but I might be wrong and they could have been eager to take over, which obviously would increase their share in the blame. Still though, having nothing to show for that long a time should certainly trigger the CEO/CFO sooner.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-04-08 at 05:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it kind of funny that EA is in this damned if you do and damned if you don't position. Here EA goes and does what people always wanted it to do and gives a. studio complete freedom to do what they think is right and suddenly it's EA fault all over again?

Guess if some EA exec miraculously reading this thread and seeing that response above, he would just shrug, smirk under his villain mustache and move on.

EA is not the one who fucked this up, Bioware did - they own this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Could be it!

I haven't messed about on GM3 much since I usually would just get melted. I'm 1 piece away from full lemon right now though so I might try it again. Haven't had the motivation since I can't really make a proper build right now with the gear options.
    I still need 4 components and then I'm full Legendary but I'm finding GM3 to be very managable. Consumables help, I usually take the boosts to shields, armour and melee. I don't really have much of a coherent build, I'm using Cariff's Talon (melee electric primer) and Absolute Zero (ranged ice primer) and detonating them with melee if my team don't get in there first.

I have Unending Battle (machine pistol gives 110% damage boost for 5 seconds when shooting at point-blank range) but it's a bit hit-and-miss when the effect procs and the buff being so short means it seldom feels worth switching over then back to melee. It's got a decent damage boost (+225%) so I generally only use it against big guys when my shields are down.

Most useful weapon I've had so far is Siege Breaker (sniper rifle freezes enemies on a 3-shot hit streak.) I got bad rolls for stats but it's great for crowd-control and priming enemies. It means I can pretty much always have an Icy aura up so my Interceptor feels pretty safe meleeing crowds. It has given me a major hatred for players using firey primers though, especially when I pick up a Firey aura and keep melting my own freeze effects.

Small patch today -
    • Fixed an issue that was causing loot to drop for javelins other than the one being used.
    • Addressed a number of issues that could occasionally cause Nvidia highlights to crash.
    • Fixed an issue that was causing Elysian Cache items to not appear until completing another activity or restarting the game.
    • The newsfeed will now properly show content again upon launching into the game.
    • Fixed an issue that was causing Ursix and Titans to not spawn as frequently in Freeplay.
    • Fixed an issue that would cause the screen to shake when enabling DLSS and turning off motion blur.
    • Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause players not to be able to interact with Owen, or hear his audio at the end of the Legendary version of the mission “Finding Old Friends”.
    • Titans, Ursix, Luminaries and Fury enemies should no longer disappear when another player starts an Event in Freeplay.

I find it kind of funny that EA is in this damned if you do and damned if you don't position. Here EA goes and does what people always wanted it to do and gives a. studio complete freedom to do what they think is right and suddenly it's EA fault all over again?

Guess if some EA exec miraculously reading this thread and seeing that response above, he would just shrug, smirk under his villain mustache and move on.

EA is not the one who fucked this up, Bioware did - they own this shit.
    Exactly lol. I mean I know me and you have had the odd disagreement in the past but this one is correct.

Bioware dropped the ball hard. They flat out lied about the game, they flat out mismanaged it, they flat out released a messy, buggy product that was devoid of any meaningful content, a story worse than Andromedas and well the list just goes on.

This game has about a 1% chance to be redeemed. It's arguably the worst thing to come out of this year so far unless another game drops the ball hard. It had so much damn hype surrounding it and it failed to live up to it and then some.

It should actually be illegal to pull shit like this in the industry. Rush a product out and then wait a year to either fix or it or just let it slowly die all while people throw £60 of their money on it as well as flat out lying about said product. This game is just basically a watered down Warframe/Destiny hybrid that brings nothing new to the ARPG/Looter Shooter table.

This is worse than ME Andromeda. And that's saying a lot because if a game can be as bad as Andromeda then that's a scarily impressive feat to achieve.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-04-08 at 02:47 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Christ you're a tool. If looter games aren't focused around chasing stats and having fun min-maxing, what are they focused on?
    So pick up radius? And general non-character specific traits is what Looter games are focused around? Perhaps focus less on insults and more on actual game design. Bioware never intended Pilot skills to be something like Destiny 2's skill trees. There would be nothing to chase or min-max with what they were planning to do with the system. That is why they cut it and put most of what they were planning into components.

So less insults. More thinking.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

SNIP...
    Wrong, wrong, wrong. This is what was shown at E3 2018:
    Actually right as both were shown that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Ahok, so we're taking information we have and then making up our own stories. Got it.
    What we are doing is putting just a little bit of a time line together and seeing shit doesn't add up as bioware continued to push that same trailer which was never an actual game. Just an on the rails video.

Still refusing reality where they were open about what was cut and what was in leading up to launch. Got it.

Aite, I've had enough of this convo. Its just gonna be circles from here.
    Ugh no. bioware was far from open about what was in the game. I've read some bad defense for this game but you take the cake. That the last big trailer before the AAA game was to launch should have been taken with a grain of salt is just terribly bad as a defense for the game and bioware.

You know what I don't get.

All the shit that has came out about Bioware,Anthem and yet there is people in this thread still defending it.

Bioware botched the game, This isn't opinion its proven fact.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

All the shit that has came out about Bioware,Anthem and yet there is people in this thread still defending it.

Exactly lol. There's literally evidence that it was factually rushed out the door. You can't debate that.

This is the problem with part of the industry I find. Devs know they can get away with this because they have a dedicated fanbase who will buy it regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Exactly lol. There's literally evidence that it was factually rushed out the door. You can't debate that.

This is the problem with part of the industry I find. Devs know they can get away with this because they have a dedicated fanbase who will buy it regardless.
    To be super slightly fair it wasn't the dev's that botched this but the management of Bioware itself. The developers was just using the tools they was given.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

And despite that, many folks are still enjoying the game. That's a proven fact too. And they can enjoy the game without constant reminders of the development issues and how they caused the final product, because they're more focused on enjoying what they can play now. And that's fine and rad, they're having fun and the developers that busted ass in a short period of time to build the game hopefully get to see feedback from folks enjoying their work.

I mean really - how much more is there to discuss on the development issues? It seems like we're to the point where we're all arguing in circles while poking the same corpse of the dead horse expecting it to move again. Eventually you have to, you know, move on and shit rather than wait for the horse to start decomposing so you can complain about the stench.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And despite that, many folks are still enjoying the game. That's a proven fact too. And they can enjoy the game without constant reminders of the development issues and how they caused the final product, because they're more focused on enjoying what they can play now. And that's fine and rad, they're having fun and the developers that busted ass in a short period of time to build the game hopefully get to see feedback from folks enjoying their work.

I mean really - how much more is there to discuss on the development issues? It seems like we're to the point where we're all arguing in circles while poking the same corpse of the dead horse expecting it to move again. Eventually you have to, you know, move on and shit rather than wait for the horse to start decomposing so you can complain about the stench.
    Honestly I don't disagree and I feel the same way about other threads as well (BL3).

I guess many are still discussing the bad shit because the Kotaku story. But like I said I agree, all we do is go back and forth with the same arguments here.

Would be nice to actually start talking about the games themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    E3 is a world stage way of presenting your game. It's not a chance to pitch a random idea that might not pan out.
    For the majority of people, the world over, what they see at presentations of that scope is then what they expect.
    This is completely and 100% accurate.

IF

You've never played a video game before. Or don't know what E3 is. Or don't know how the video game or even entertainment industry works. You literally beamed down onto "planet earth", and happened to have landed in E3, and are like "Oh, this is what everything is like on this planet. I'll report back my findings on what exactly to expect years from now when we return"

I mean, really. We know that stuff changes. We know these demos and shows are never what the final product is. We know this. Any rational person, anyway. Expecting it to be just that and the same and all the ideas you have of what it could be is just silly.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Honestly I don't disagree and I feel the same way about other threads as well (BL3).

I guess many are still discussing the bad shit because the Kotaku story. But like I said I agree, all we do is go back and forth with the same arguments here.

Would be nice to actually start talking about the games themselves.
    You mean what we've been trying to do for like 300+ pages and the same people just keep dragging it back into the gutter? A new patch dropped today, but it's been completely ignored here. Personally I've been staying out of the conversation at this point because I don't have to continuously be told I'm a horrible person for enjoying something and supporting it.

There are issues with the game currently and really shitty issues with the development cycle. We get it. No one needs to bludgeon us to death with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also maintenance has been extended.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    This is completely and 100% accurate.

IF

You've never played a video game before. Or don't know what E3 is. Or don't know how the video game or even entertainment industry works. You literally beamed down onto "planet earth", and happened to have landed in E3, and are like "Oh, this is what everything is like on this planet. I'll report back my findings on what exactly to expect years from now when we return"

I mean, really. We know that stuff changes. We know these demos and shows are never what the final product is. We know this. Any rational person, anyway. Expecting it to be just that and the same and all the ideas you have of what it could be is just silly.
    Yeah, you're right. They could've just released a text adventure and I'm sure people would have defended that too.