New livestream on the 17th at 4PM EST.

They'll be talking about "The Sunken" stronghold that should be coming out in a large patch on the 23rd.

Just speculating, but we should be getting a new pilot mastery system, guilds, leader boards, and the new Stronghold.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    New livestream on the 17th at 4PM EST.

They'll be talking about "The Sunken" stronghold that should be coming out in a large patch on the 23rd.

Just speculating, but we should be getting a new pilot mastery system, guilds, leader boards, and the new Stronghold.
    Yeah, lots of folks are looking forward to seeing the new content. Hopefully they'll take time to address other issues and give some details on things like loot system improvements and squashing connection issues etc.

I'm just wondering who on their team thought that it would be smart to put Ben Irving in front of a camera again. That man is a walking gaffe machine and does not do BW any benefits when he opens his mouth or sends out tweets. Get Chris back, that guy crushed it last stream and everyone seemed to like him.

It's frustrating that they're holding everything until this livestream though. They really need to do some more active community management, the silence is not doing them any favors : /

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, lots of folks are looking forward to seeing the new content. Hopefully they'll take time to address other issues and give some details on things like loot system improvements and squashing connection issues etc.

I'm just wondering who on their team thought that it would be smart to put Ben Irving in front of a camera again. That man is a walking gaffe machine and does not do BW any benefits when he opens his mouth or sends out tweets. Get Chris back, that guy crushed it last stream and everyone seemed to like him.

It's frustrating that they're holding everything until this livestream though. They really need to do some more active community management, the silence is not doing them any favors : /
    Probably because Ben has more personality and is used to speaking to the public, whereas Chris isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    Probably because Ben has more personality and is used to speaking to the public, whereas Chris isn't.
    Except that he's a walking gaffe machine and is on the communities shitlist as a result of that. The community responded very positively to Chris on the last livestream, it makes much more sense to send him back out there again.

It's decisions like this that continue to make me question the overall decision making process within BW. Right now they need to be engaging with the community a lot more, they need to be actively managing them and working with them to get them "involved" in helping adjust/correct the direction of the game. They need to start being "transparent" and sharing early plans and updates on how they're working to address persistent issues. This livestream is focused on new content, but they still have an immense amount of stuff to cover regarding existing issues that need to be addressed before they try to start hyping up anything "new".

Instead we get a few weeks of radio silence while the community stews and festers, with Reddit largely just posting "cosplay" images because there's little else to discuss, and then them continuing to choose poor spokespeople for their game when they do decide to talk.

Except that he's a walking gaffe machine and is on the communities shitlist as a result of that. The community responded very positively to Chris on the last livestream, it makes much more sense to send him back out there again.

It's decisions like this that continue to make me question the overall decision making process within BW. Right now they need to be engaging with the community a lot more, they need to be actively managing them and working with them to get them "involved" in helping adjust/correct the direction of the game. They need to start being "transparent" and sharing early plans and updates on how they're working to address persistent issues. This livestream is focused on new content, but they still have an immense amount of stuff to cover regarding existing issues that need to be addressed before they try to start hyping up anything "new".

Instead we get a few weeks of radio silence while the community stews and festers, with Reddit largely just posting "cosplay" images because there's little else to discuss, and then them continuing to choose poor spokespeople for their game when they do decide to talk.
    Well, if we want to be cynical, it used to be against the rules to post your fashion and a case could be made it was lifted to generate more posts other than people upset with how this all turned out.

Less cynically, fashion is positive in all games and that might give something positive to chat about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Well, if we want to be cynical, it used to be against the rules to post your fashion and a case could be made it was lifted to generate more posts other than people upset with how this all turned out.
    What's "wrong" with my post? It's topical, it's relevant, it criticizes without "bashing" and allows room for discussion from there. Threads don't exist to be all sunshine and roses, they exist for discussion regardless of if it's positive or critical. The key thing is that posts remain productive, follow the rules, and allow for discussion.

Less cynically, fashion is positive in all games and that might give something positive to chat about.
    It is, and there's a whole /fashionlancers sub for that. But when that's almost the entirety of the "positive" posts, something that the reddit community itself has repeatedly pointed out, it speaks to there being bigger issues with the game that remain unaddressed.

What's "wrong" with my post? It's topical, it's relevant, it criticizes without "bashing" and allows room for discussion from there. Threads don't exist to be all sunshine and roses, they exist for discussion regardless of if it's positive or critical. The key thing is that posts remain productive, follow the rules, and allow for discussion.

It is, and there's a whole /fashionlancers sub for that. But when that's almost the entirety of the "positive" posts, something that the reddit community itself has repeatedly pointed out, it speaks to there being bigger issues with the game that remain unaddressed.
    No. Instead of being defensive, you'd realize I was calling my own stance of lifting the ban to cover up the unhappy posts with fashion sharing cynical. I believe it, but I acknowledge it's cynical.

I haven't talked very much about it, but Bioware has always been kinda like that. They have made great games, but they are SO obtuse when it comes to new systems. Look at how clunky ALL of their games are, with texture pop-in in single player games persisting to even anthem(I guess) from KOTOR.

Bioware has always told great stories. They have never been technical wizards, and they have always been obscenely slow to adapt. It just isn't as apparent in a single player narrative focused game.

It is going to take them a long time to fix stuff if they ever do, because look at WoW and Blizzard. Arguably the best company in the world at this stuff takes months to fix a bad expansion, but those fixes are bandaids because redesigns are necessary for a true fix. Now imagine those problems are way worse than they are in BFA and you are a company that is learning as you go. People think it is easier to fix things that it actually is in a game like this. I'm guilty of that as well. Imagine now if you have a bad path for fixing things, like you have to get too many people's approval to fix obvious in game bugs and things like that. It turns a 10 minute job into a 2 week fiasco. I've experienced that in other industries and it is very common. Getting organized to patch a game like this is a process, not a plan, and also when starting from scratch there is a huge learning curve before you can optimize. Look at how much better Division 2 is working from the first one. Many lessons will be learned from Anthem.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2019-04-12 at 07:16 PM.

No. Instead of being defensive, you'd realize I was calling my own stance of lifting the ban to cover up the unhappy posts with fashion sharing cynical. I believe it, but I acknowledge it's cynical.
    Ah, apologies if I misinterpreted. I agree with that, the mods were both responding to feedback from users and looking for ways to expand the content on the sub so it wasn't just all complaints, with folks leaving for the /lowsodiumanthem reddit etc.

Ah, apologies if I misinterpreted. I agree with that, the mods were both responding to feedback from users and looking for ways to expand the content on the sub so it wasn't just all complaints, with folks leaving for the /lowsodiumanthem reddit etc.
    Well, unfortunately, that's akin to spraying febreeze on a pile of trash. You'll briefly cover up the smell, but you can still see the trash. Adding more positive posts of people showing off their favorite styles doesn't remove the people who are still waiting for this game to come together.

Well, unfortunately, that's akin to spraying febreeze on a pile of trash. You'll briefly cover up the smell, but you can still see the trash. Adding more positive posts of people showing off their favorite styles doesn't remove the people who are still waiting for this game to come together.
    True, but at least folks are enjoying it and there's a positive reaction. And really, that's what matters at the end of the day. If allowing those posts kept a lot of the community around rather than leaving due to the near constant negativity, that's good, effective subreddit management.

The BW CM's could stand to learn a few things from those mods : P

True, but at least folks are enjoying it and there's a positive reaction. And really, that's what matters at the end of the day. If allowing those posts kept a lot of the community around rather than leaving due to the near constant negativity, that's good, effective subreddit management.

I don't doubt people are enjoying it and I'm glad they are. But, again, that doesn't eliminate the people waiting for improvements and nervous about how future content will roll out. Or, they can do both. I imagine there's a nice community of people who love their suit and blasting stuff and then heave a big sigh over another bad loot drop or joining a stronghold on it's last boss.

It's not enough to have people post positive things. You also have to get people posting negative to feel positive. And I don't think fashion posting will be enough.

Good effective subreddit management on r/ATG? HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Good effective subreddit management on r/ATG? HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA
    What would you do differently?

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Well, isn’t that just the truth

... sadly, as you should already know, a lot of people just rather dismiss that sort of criticism as some sort of mindless hate directed to the video games, while calling others trolls, haters, naysayers and whatnot instead of addressing and discussing their points
    You mean like people who go with outrage YouTubers on one game but not another?

What would you do differently?
    Started aggressively moderating before it got out of hand in early March. Both the Discord and the subreddit allowed a lot of people to get away with people being assholes to each other and developers. They had such a lax stance when it came to moderation either because of moderation resources or indifference, they basically told the world that hey, this sub is open for people to troll each other over and over again. Death threats, blatant trolling, or open hostility to people enjoying the game were not uncommon and still aren't uncommon.

They also turned down help from community members when it came to moderation. When the game launched, they lost 2/3rd of the mod team. The majority of moderators that were left were the ones that mod like 15 different subreddits. When you have a community the size that r/ATG got before the game launched, you really needed a larger moderation that was actually devoted to the sub.

They've clamped down things a bit now, but the damage has been done.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    @Dhrizzle Does absolute zero do a shit ton of dmg for you?

I got a lemon one shortly after that last post and I've been using it and every time I toss it it does 4 hits (looks like there's 2 starts that get thrown out?), 2 of the hits will be immediate and smaller like 5k or so, and then a lil burst happens immediately after that does upwards of 60k on each hit. So I just toss it out and it like 1 taps some enemies it seems pretty silly. I guess the big hits are the masterwork affix?
    Yeah you get the 2 shots that do a little bit of damage then they do an AoE explosion for a fair chunk more, but I'm only getting around 13k on the explosion, do you have a lot of +gear, +ice or maybe a higher gear level (I'm 732 on my Interceptor?)

Funnily enough I went into a GM1 mission just to test it out and the game dropped me a second Legendary Absolute Zero :-) This one has a total of 3 extra charges on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Yeah you get the 2 shots that do a little bit of damage then they do an AoE explosion for a fair chunk more, but I'm only getting around 13k on the explosion, do you have a lot of +gear, +ice or maybe a higher gear level (I'm 732 on my Interceptor?)

Funnily enough I went into a GM1 mission just to test it out and the game dropped me a second Legendary Absolute Zero :-) This one has a total of 3 extra charges on it.
    As far as I know gear procs scale with your Jav item level and since I'm max(788) that's probably most of it, I also have some +dmg things stacked like the item itself has +29% universal dmg. I only get the really high numbers with debuffed targets.

Recently I've been getting a lemon on more missions than I don't. I dunno if its just my time now or if its because I finally got full lemons or if they stealth upped the drop rate or what. Still don't feel like its worth grinding right now though.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Recently I've been getting a lemon on more missions than I don't. I dunno if its just my time now or if its because I finally got full lemons or if they stealth upped the drop rate or what. Still don't feel like its worth grinding right now though.
    Might be an impression, I've only got one legendary in the last week, doing the contracts and 2-3 strongholds a day (a lot more on weekends), only GM2 though, maybe GM3 has a huge drop rate, dunno.

Anyone who purchase this let alone still playing this needs to look in the mirror and have a word with themselves.