Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    No. It isn't false. It wasn't retroactive for the early launch until a few days in after outrage.

The initial people picking up the quest started from 0.
    I played in the early launch and my progress had already started when I began the quest.

No. It isn't false. It wasn't retroactive for the early launch until a few days in after outrage.

The initial people picking up the quest started from 0.
    I started day 1 and all of mine were almost done save for a couple of specific things like multi kills since I was doing all the objectives while my group killed things.

You're talking out of your ass here.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

It's almost as if BioWare isn't the same company it used to be 10 years ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies.
    Destructoid clearly states that some it did not give retroactive credit for. So it shows that people are not lying about it working for some and not others. So if it is all lies and nothing but lies why does one of your sources of proof support the lies? There are sources saying that some got retroactive credit, including one of your own.

Some didn't. Clearly a bug in a product that had a less then stellar launch and development. The question is why do you hate so much that you are sticking to some irrational argument when clearly shown that you are wrong. Even one of your own sources indicates you are wrong. But yet you cling to being blinded by the hate.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    Its almost like it clearly states in multiple articles I posted that there was no retroactive credit when the game first launched. It was added in later and then it was STILL bugged for SOME users AFTERWARDS. I'll bold the words since you are still struggling.
    The game did not launch till the 22nd. Everything you provide indicates that things were changed prior to launch. It was in the early access phase. You can debate the merits of if that is a launch or not. However one of your sources, and the ones I provided, also indicate that some people already go retroactive credit prior to it working for everyone. None of them indicate they fixed it twice either. So nice try adding words and claiming it as a fact.

From the Destructiod article you linked:

The other big note is a fix for the Tomb questline, which is bugging some people. In short you have to do a handful of challenges to progress with the main questline, and in some cases people are finding that they didn't get credit for them retroactively. Now folks should have most of the challenges completed by the time they get the set of tasks.
    So maybe next time read the actual articles you link to make sure it doesn't prove what you are calling a lie. The destructoid article is not referencing it being added to the game and then fixed again. Because the date of the article is close to the dates of the other articles you posted as proof. They are referencing the same "Fix" and clearly indicates that some were getting retroactive credit. Unless of course you are now going to call one of your links a lie after defending it several times now.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2019-04-16 at 05:50 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe you walked right into that. Bravo. You would think after Anthem people would stop using that excuse. "That was early access bro, it wasn't the full game!". The "Day 1 patch" was a fucking "Day 7 patch". Get a grip champ.
    Again, did you read the articles you linked? The Destructoid article clearly links to a Day 1 patch (https://www.ea.com/games/anthem/news...ne-patch-notes). How can you have a Day 1 patch for the 22nd as you are arguing day 1 was prior to the 22nd?

Also from the EA Anthem Day 1 patch page I just linked to we have:
    For those of you who have been playing the Early Access version of the game, we wanted to let you know that a Day 1 Patch is on its way. The patch will deployed before worldwide launch. On February 22, 2019, the game will include the following updates and our Live Service officially begins.
    It doesn't matter what you want to call it. EA, the developer, called it Early Access to the game. They considered the game to launch on the 22nd. You can hate all you want and twist everything to whatever allows you to hate. But at least follow what is laid out in articles you link to as "proof".

Also note that the infographic you link to clearly says "Early Access" on 2-15. So why are you calling something a lie when your own proof says otherwise? You even typed the words Early Access. Yet you are trying to claim that it wasn't Early Access. If it was the launch on 2-15 why did you have to type Early Access? Are you that blinded by hate for Anthem or a need to troll that you can't see what is clearly spelled out before your own eyes.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2019-04-16 at 05:58 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The full game was launched on the fucking 15th. They added a god damn filler quest with MMO side quest bullshit in their STORY CAMPAIGN. They received backlash so they fucking changed it.

It isn't marketing talk. It was still Early access on the 15th. Hence why you yourself typed Early Access, the Destructoid Article you linked indicates a day 1 patch after the 15th, why the infographic you linked indicates Early Access on the 15th with a world wide launch on the 22nd. You even bolded the words Early Access. If you did not subscribe to Orgin Access Premier you did not have Early Access and had to wait until the 22nd.

So again how did the game launch on the 15th if you didn't get access on the 15th just by buying the game? Could it be because it actually was an Early Access as you keep typing and bolding?

I am not ignoring anything. I am not twisting anything. You are the one pretending that something doesn't exist and twisting it to mean whatever you want. The game launched on the 22nd with Early Access on the 15th for either 10 hours or the full game depending on what Origin service you subscribed to. If you just pre-ordered the game you did not get access on the 15th.

10+ Year Old Account
    You people sure love arguing nonsense. In the grand scheme of things it does not even matter. The game had much more serious issues that resulted in its demise.

At this point I only wonder for how long EA will keep it alive and whether they will even consider relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    I think one thing to note is all those E3 trailers usually in fine print have the this is not the finished product some or all of this may be different when the game is released or something to that effect. Until the thing goes gold a lot of shit can wind up getting changed. Hell look at destiny1 its very clear they axed a huge chunk of their original start of game stuff and story very late in the process.
    True - most trailers/teasers have one or more disclaimers regarding not being representative of final quality, being a work-in-progress, being an engine-render and not actual gameplay, etc.

However, Anthem had the opposite! It had a very visible "boast" at the beginning of the gameplay reveal:

"Everything you are about to see was captured in-game running in real-time".

For contrast, Cyberpunk 2077 went with "Work in progress - does not represent the final look of the game". Many, if not most, gameplay trailers/reveals don't have any disclaimers or boasts, so to explicitly state that the trailer is in-game and real-time does give off the impression that the developer wants to ensure the audience that this is not a "bullshot" video.

The exact opposite was the case. I do agree with those who say the pre-launch there was plenty of gameplay footage much more representative of actual gameplay and graphics, so the case for misleading marketing isn't really there.

The one party who has the most reason to be angry about this, in my opinion, is actually Nvidia - some of the people picking up fancy new computers and graphics cards are going to install this as the first game. For some the thrill of being Iron Man is enough, but many will have their first RTX experience with an uninspired and increasingly abandoned game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You people sure love arguing nonsense. In the grand scheme of things it does not even matter. The game had much more serious issues that resulted in its demise.

At this point I only wonder for how long EA will keep it alive and whether they will even consider relaunch.
    They're hiring specifically for Anthem, so it looks like they're willing to keep them afloat for a while.

Because this is BULLSHIT marketing talk.

Why are you still defending this absolute garbage.

The full game was launched on the fucking 15th. They added a god damn filler quest with MMO side quest bullshit in their STORY CAMPAIGN. They received backlash so they fucking changed it.

It's like talking to a religious person. You are presented with facts and you continue to ignore and twist it the way you want.

Enjoy your garbage game and your sunk cost fallacy. The rest of the gaming world is laughing at you. In a way it's actually funny, but then I begin to realize you actually believe what you are typing.

EARLY ACCESS(FULL GAME)
    You sure like to spend a lot of time arguing about something you hate. It was a bug that affected some people, a lot of people most likely, but not everybody. Just deal with it already and move on.
    Last edited by Aoewy; 2019-04-16 at 04:56 PM.

I genuinely don't get why people feel the need to pop in here to say something that is factually incorrect and then entrench themselves in their being wrong. Is like the coolest thing to do in the thread or something.

I don't even know how many times I've seen people try to make the claim that the tombs thing wasn't retroactive at launch when it in fact was.

Well, like I said a lil bit before they're hiring for a few positions for the game. So they're still going for now, but that also means some of the biggest issues like loot are unlikely to be addressed in a meaningful way anytime soon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I genuinely don't get why people feel the need to pop in here to say something that is factually incorrect and then entrench themselves in their being wrong. Is like the coolest thing to do in the thread or something.
    Hint: the publisher

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it is safe to say they are planning to keep going. No real discounts, no statements about stopping support, and active hiring for the game all point to the intention of supporting the game for a while. It would be nice if they could make it clear though. As I imagine they won't get much new blood to the game if they seem likely to cease support.

It is at least better then Andromeda so far so there is that.

Just to play devils advocate, could also mean they're moving everyone and their mother to dragon age and pmuch hiring the rest of the skeleton crew to keep the game going.

Just to play devils advocate, could also mean they're moving everyone and their mother to dragon age and pmuch hiring the rest of the skeleton crew to keep the game going.
    Well, they are...from the Edmonton team. It's BW Austin that's doing the heavy lifting for ongoing development, apparently with Edmonton continuing to lead remotely.

These are only a few positions, and they're mostly closer to the senior level so it doesn't indicate at all that they're spinning things down for a skeleton crew. There are easier ways to do this without needing to go through the expense of hiring new staff (which isn't cheap).

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Well, they are...from the Edmonton team. It's BW Austin that's doing the heavy lifting for ongoing development, apparently with Edmonton continuing to lead remotely.

These are only a few positions, and they're mostly closer to the senior level so it doesn't indicate at all that they're spinning things down for a skeleton crew. There are easier ways to do this without needing to go through the expense of hiring new staff (which isn't cheap).
    2 of the 4 Anthem specific job openings are for Edmon, so iono.

The hiring new staff could just be a matter of priorities, with the new game being the larger one. Why leave your experienced people on the project you're abandoning kind of thing yknow?

I don't necessarily believe that's the case, just... its possible.

2 of the 4 Anthem specific job openings are for Edmon, so iono.
    Senior positions, that's why : P

The hiring new staff could just be a matter of priorities, with the new game being the larger one. Why leave your experienced people on the project you're abandoning kind of thing yknow?
    Because they don't have anyone with the kind of experience/expertise in these areas internally, something which I think at this point is pretty clear, so they're looking to find folks to fill those gaps. That's exactly what they should be doing. If you don't know how to do something, you don't bang your head against a wall trying to figure it out yourself. You hire someone who knows how to do that something well, let them do it well for you, and then learn how they did it well so you can do it down the road.

I don't necessarily believe that's the case, just... its possible.
    Sure, but I think it's a damn slim chance at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because they don't have anyone with the kind of experience/expertise in these areas internally, something which I think at this point is pretty clear, so they're looking to find folks to fill those gaps. That's exactly what they should be doing. If you don't know how to do something, you don't bang your head against a wall trying to figure it out yourself. You hire someone who knows how to do that something well, let them do it well for you, and then learn how they did it well so you can do it down the road.
    The thing is they do, this isn't their first multiplayer RPG. As far as the infamous article said they just didn't listen to their people. They had people wanting to look at the systems in other games for loot or what have you, they just didn't let them.

Now I mean... if they can hire Travis day or someone and get it fixed then fuck yeah, but iono if they're gonna end up with someone like that.

The thing is they do, this isn't their first multiplayer RPG.
    Yeah, it is. The online mode in ME was super limited in scope and very easy to design around, as it wasn't designed to be a core "looter shooter", but a multiplayer activity to bolster your single player experience (and generally be a fun horde-wave shooter).

They've never worked on a looter shooter or purely loot driven game like Anthem before, and it's painfully apparent that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    As far as the infamous article said they just didn't listen to their people. They had people wanting to look at the systems in other games for loot or what have you, they just didn't let them.
    On some things, yes. IIRC they were specifically referencing BW Edmonton ignoring advise from BW Austin on some of the challenges and issues that come with the type of narrative driven experience they wanted in a longterm online game (something Austin knows well given their struggles with SWTOR), I don't recall anything specific to these systems that they're hiring for (loot, loot design, progression etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Now I mean... if they can hire Travis day or someone and get it fixed then fuck yeah, but iono if they're gonna end up with someone like that.
    Well, he's working on Dauntless now. But they don't need a big heavy hitter like him necessarily. They just need folks with actual experience working on these systems in successful titles. Folks who worked on Division, Destiny, Warframe, or any of the more general loot-based progression titles (D3, PoE, Torchlight etc.) who can similarly bring a whole lot of knowledge and expertise in those areas that, while it may not all be 1:1 comparisons, can still be immensely beneficial.