7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    How is it we are ok with a game like this in todays market? Seriously someone tell me. How can consumers sit there and say "we are ok being lied to and having dismal quality products pushed on us"?
    We are not okay. Not like we used to anyways. Games like this are getting pointed out more and more for what they are. Defenders are becoming smaller and smaller minority.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2019-04-18 at 08:42 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

So let me get this straight.

They flat out lied about the product.
    They launched it in a terrible, messy state.
    They are having to hire new people to fix issues that shouldn't have been in such as the loot ones.
    Majority (yes it's a majority) have already left the game even before the first "big" content update.
    Their "roadmap" is going to shit in some places.
    Stop being a hater with your facts, threads are only for positive reinforcement creating circle jerks.

The warning signs were pretty obvious for this game, if people wasted their money on it, its on them really.

Oh hey you're still here!
    No
    Yes
    They are having to hire new people to fix issues that shouldn't have been in such as the loot ones.
    Yes, though I don't know if its a 'having to' situation vs a 'wanting to' more than likely so they can move man power over to dragon age.
    Majority (yes it's a majority) have already left the game even before the first "big" content update.
    Yes, this is completely normal if you understand how these kinds of games Churn. Chris Wilson recently had a talk about how PoE has been designed and he repeatedly goes over what their player numbers looked like and you'll notice how its all spikes. You see new content come out and the game spikes, then plummets, then new content comes out and it spikes again, and then plummets again.

Losing players between content updates is completely normal.
    I have absolutely no faith that they're going to be able to keep up with that roadmap in the timelines given considering what we learned from the Kotaku article about how awful and slow it is working in frostbite.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Want me to go on? And there are people still defending this here, on Reddit and forums?! I have no problem at all with people enjoying a game that's what gaming is about but if you can sit there and say "yes it's fine" to a game in the state such as this then you are actively admitting you are happy with an unfinished, messy product over one that could have passion, dedication and effort put into it.

This game has lost a majority of it's players and consumers have lost whatever little faith they had left in Bioware. There is absolutely very little chance they can salvage this. If it's taking them months to fix a basic damn loot issue then there is most certainly problems within that development team.

How is it we are ok with a game like this in todays market? Seriously someone tell me. How can consumers sit there and say "we are ok being lied to and having dismal quality products pushed on us"?
    i keep up with stuff like this just out of general interest but its pretty telling that in the anthem thread, the fallout 76 thread, the no mans sky thread and so on its almost always the same people digging their heels in the hold to the last against all criticism which i guess means there is an audience for brands over quality. Me i just wait a few months for a massive price drop and give time for bug fixes but the "but the devs said you can do anything!" crowd seem to go through their own version of the sonic cycle with a certain type of game.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    i keep up with stuff like this just out of general interest but its pretty telling that in the anthem thread, the fallout 76 thread, the no mans sky thread and so on its almost always the same people digging their heels in the hold to the last against all criticism which i guess means there is an audience for brands over quality. Me i just wait a few months for a massive price drop and give time for bug fixes but the "but the devs said you can do anything!" crowd seem to go through their own version of the sonic cycle with a certain type of game.
    Does seem to be a recurring trend these days in general.

"Nah fam it's alright if the game sucks now because in a year it'll be all ok". Really poor way of looking at games imo.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-04-18 at 11:20 PM.

What's weird is I didn't play yesterday at all for the first time since launch, I just got AC:O via the humble bundle so I've been trying to put my time into that but I genuinely want to play Anthem.

Is so frustrating they have such a good foundation for what could be a really great game but more than likely is just going to continue to just float there. If they don't get the game together I hope someone else makes something that fills that void cause is so much more satisfying than the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    You've been on this sub to know that its always the same people doing the same thing.

You gots your handful of dudes who jump into damn near every new game thread and act like they're the authority on the game.

You gots your Jtbrig caring waaaaaayyyyy too much about physical copies of games and consoles.

You gots your console vs PC arguments from the same dudes

You gots your dudes who actually are playing the game even if its niche or has problems and are trying to swat away the first set and potentially third set of dudes.

Frankly this sub is toxic as hell with a very small community of very active posters. I honestly just come here out of habit at this point. Genuinely questioning my sanity on why I continue to do it.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2019-04-18 at 11:13 PM.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    No
    So, what happened to "Our World, My Story" then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    So, what happened to "Our World, My Story" then?
    Nah man that's just the "cost of transparency"

No joke that's what one of the lead producers said when trying to defend the lying and misleading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah man that's just the "cost of transparency"

No joke that's what one of the lead producers said when trying to defend the lying and misleading.
    I mean, Coca cola (or pepsi, who the hell remembers now) defended their "zero calories" with something along "we didn't expected people to actually believe that it has zero calories" lines. And it worked.

I see similarities here with E3 presentation (maybe they weren't expecting us to actually believe what we've seen on stage?) and Our World, My Story (it was obvious from the start that they won't deliver this one with an MMORPG)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    You gots your Jtbrig caring waaaaaayyyyy too much about physical copies of games and consoles.
    Are you my new stalker on here who likes to call me out at every chance you get? Sorry but there is no such thing as caring to much about wanting to own the stuff you buy.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...t_or_shouldnt/

Ignoring the comparison between games the OP point is right.

Bioware should be apologising hard for this. There's no excuse for what they've done. And they are just sat there instead doing barely anything or trying to slowly recuperate all while causing more problems.

It doesn't matter what the next release holds. Right now the radio silence/lack of communication isn't helping and is not something I'd expect out of this company. They should know better.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa.../requirements/

I wanna know how this got 90 goddamn awards. Were they all pre release ones or something?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-04-19 at 04:41 PM.

I wanna know how this got 90 goddamn awards. Were they all pre release ones or something?
    Yes, that's why they're on the launch marketing. They're all from trade-shows where the game was demo'd off, this is pretty standard shit for AAA's that do the trade-show rounds (most of them).

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...t_or_shouldnt/

Ignoring the comparison between games the OP point is right.

Bioware should be apologising hard for this. There's no excuse for what they've done. And they are just sat there instead doing barely anything or trying to slowly recuperate all while causing more problems.

It doesn't matter what the next release holds. Right now the radio silence/lack of communication isn't helping and is not something I'd expect out of this company. They should know better.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa.../requirements/

Its easy to see there is a massive difference in Japanese developers/publishers and most of the western developers.

Your link is just one example of that, Another being how when the Wii-U was failing Satoru Iwata took a pay cut to keep from firing/hurting his employee's.

Bioware won't come out apologizing until they are on their death bed (maybe).
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-04-19 at 04:46 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I mean, Coca cola (or pepsi, who the hell remembers now) defended their "zero calories" with something along "we didn't expected people to actually believe that it has zero calories" lines. And it worked.

I see similarities here with E3 presentation (maybe they weren't expecting us to actually believe what we've seen on stage?) and Our World, My Story (it was obvious from the start that they won't deliver this one with an MMORPG)
    I would never expect 100% E3 footage.

However the end game result was like 30-40% at most. Technically, graphically and from a gameplay perspective.

And it doesn't help that the lead producer tried to slyly pin the blame on the consumer with the "cost of transparency" BS.

Games like this, NMS, Fallout 76 and others are unacceptable. It doesn't matter if they get good in a year. A game should try to be good from when it's launched. Especially online focused ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its easy to see there is a massive difference in Japanese developers/publishers and most of the western developers.

Your link is just one example of that, Another being how when the Wii-U was failing Satoru Iwata took a pay cut to keep firing/hurting his employee's.

Bioware won't come out apologizing until they are on their death bed.
    Honestly not to derail but the Eastern culture to video games mostly just amazes me sometimes. There's so much passion and they really want to try to make a game for players. Well... except Konami these days but well we won't go down that road.

Meanwhile Bioware are so arrogant they literally tried to claim the consumer got "too excited" or whatnot among other crap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yes, that's why they're on the launch marketing. They're all from trade-shows where the game was demo'd off, this is pretty standard shit for AAA's that do the trade-show rounds (most of them).
    Ah.

Imo as I said a game should not be eligible for awards until after it's release date. Because Anthem does not deserve those 90 awards. I don't care if it sounds harsh but pre release footage should never be rewarded. Actual post release should if it's worthy of awards.

Said a while ago that seeing PUBG (which was still in Beta at the time) on the Game Awards list was an absolute joke.

Honestly not to derail but the Eastern culture to video games mostly just amazes me sometimes. There's so much passion and they really want to try to make a game for players. Well... except Konami these days but well we won't go down that road.

Meanwhile Bioware are so arrogant they literally tried to claim the consumer got "too excited" or whatnot among other crap.
    I honestly feel for most of the developers at Bioware cause they didn't ask for this mess. The higher ups completely mismanaged this and now are trying to place blame where but where it belongs.

I honestly hopped into the thread to see if the game was worth coming back to since I can get it for under $20 today. Seems nothing has changed since launch day and I don't expect any change anytime soon.

Fucken sad too because the gameplay is solid and right up my alley.

Imo as I said a game should not be eligible for awards until after it's release date. Because Anthem does not deserve those 90 awards. I don't care if it sounds harsh but pre release footage should never be rewarded. Actual post release should if it's worthy of awards.
    It did based off of what was shown at the time. These aren't awards for the finished game, they're awards based off of their show presence. If consumers choose to ignore them, that's fine. But plenty of amazing games have genuinely earned those awards and launched in a great state.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I honestly feel for most of the developers at Bioware cause they didn't ask for this mess. The higher ups completely mismanaged this and now are trying to place blame where but where it belongs.

I honestly hopped into the thread to see if the game was worth coming back to since I can get it for under $20 today. Seems nothing has changed since launch day and I don't expect any change anytime soon.

Fucken sad too because the gameplay is solid and right up my alley.
    It's down to £32 for PS4/XB1 and £25 for PC on Amazon here in the UK.

And yeah I love Sci-Fi games like these. Just a shame that it's in the state it is.

- - - Updated - - -

It did based off of what was shown at the time. These aren't awards for the finished game, they're awards based off of their show presence. If consumers choose to ignore them, that's fine. But plenty of amazing games have genuinely earned those awards and launched in a great state.
    Eh guess I'm just old fashioned or whatever but there shouldn't be pre release awards imo. What matters is the final product. Not the presentation before it. Presentations beforehand should be for advertising and building hype.

The main issue I have with it is that the presentation turning out to be crap seems to be becoming more prominent.

It's down to £32 for PS4/XB1 and £25 for PC on Amazon here in the UK.

And yeah I love Sci-Fi games like these. Just a shame that it's in the state it is.
    its $34 after my pro membership at gamestop then I get 15% off as a employee so ill actually pay right under $30. I could also just barrow a copy for awhile but like I said it seems nothing has change and won't be changing at all in the near future.

I want something to sink my teeth into but I guess ill just keep looking.

Eh guess I'm just old fashioned or whatever but there shouldn't be pre release awards imo. What matters is the final product. Not the presentation before it. Presentations beforehand should be for advertising and building hype.
    These awards have been around for as long as E3 and other trade shows have been around for. There are just many more shows nowadays and tons more media outlets to grant awards, so the quantity is considerably larger (plus you have games that will be at shows for 2+ years).

The main issue I have with it is that the presentation turning out to be crap seems to be becoming more prominent.
    Yes, but that's a game specific issue rather than an issue with the awards themselves. Tons of other games that launched in fantastic states (Spiderman, Red Dead, etc.) also won awards hand over fist, and they earned them given how great the game was at launch.

These awards have been around for as long as E3 and other trade shows have been around for. There are just many more shows nowadays and tons more media outlets to grant awards, so the quantity is considerably larger (plus you have games that will be at shows for 2+ years).

Yes, but that's a game specific issue rather than an issue with the awards themselves. Tons of other games that launched in fantastic states (Spiderman, Red Dead, etc.) also won awards hand over fist, and they earned them given how great the game was at launch.
    Oh I agree. Games like Spiderman and Red Dead last year were flat out amazing. 2018 was a great year for games. However it also became more prominent for what I consider the two big fuck ups of that year. Metal Gear Survive and Fallout 76.

That's what devs should strive to achieve. Sadly some aren't and we end up with games like this. And it's not helped by the fact that there are still a few clinging on acting like the game does no wrong or has no issues across the internet.

As I said if a games still pre release it's not fair to award it in my opinion. Wait for it to launch then you can judge it better.