Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I honestly feel for most of the developers at Bioware cause they didn't ask for this mess. The higher ups completely mismanaged this and now are trying to place blame where but where it belongs.

I honestly hopped into the thread to see if the game was worth coming back to since I can get it for under $20 today. Seems nothing has changed since launch day and I don't expect any change anytime soon.

Fucken sad too because the gameplay is solid and right up my alley.
    I'd personally say it's worth 20 bucks. The campaign and side quests alone are worth that IMO. Yeah there's a lot wrong with it, but it can still be enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    So, what happened to "Our World, My Story" then?
    This convo already happened and spanned multiple pages. I know you saw it, so I have no idea why you're even asking.

Are you my new stalker on here who likes to call me out at every chance you get? Sorry but there is no such thing as caring to much about wanting to own the stuff you buy.
    My dude, I dunno if you realize this but you're like.. in damn near every thread that pops up on this sub and are constantly talking about consoles and defending physical copies any time you get a whiff of anything.

It'd be pretty damned hard to miss. You're a staple of the sub for better or worse.

I honestly feel for most of the developers at Bioware cause they didn't ask for this mess. The higher ups completely mismanaged this and now are trying to place blame where but where it belongs.
    I can't begin to imagine what it feels like to dedicate upwards of 7 years of your life to trying to make something you can be proud of and dealing with the nightmare that that situation was described to be then everything that's happened. All after working on a game devs salary and game dev hours.

Shits gotta be so brutal.

I honestly hopped into the thread to see if the game was worth coming back to since I can get it for under $20 today. Seems nothing has changed since launch day and I don't expect any change anytime soon.

Fucken sad too because the gameplay is solid and right up my alley.
    Oh for 20$ its 100% worth it, especially for someone like yourself who IIRC tends to hop from game to game and doesn't just grind in one forever. Most of the technical issues from launch are pretty much resolved. The biggest issues the game has at this point has more to do with longevity and people who want to be able to grind endlessly like in an ARPG or something.

The game has around a 20-30 hour story that's ok but with fantastic characters and the game play is solid. The issues are the loot system at end game is horrendously bad and there isn't much for repeatable content to make grinding that gear enjoyable.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I'd personally say it's worth 20 bucks. The campaign and side quests alone are worth that IMO. Yeah there's a lot wrong with it, but it can still be enjoyed.
    Really? Story is arguably as bad as ME Andromeda imo and from what I watched it was hard to connect/like any of the characters.

As for giving Bioware money maybe when/if they actually improve the game imo. But right now shoddy work shouldn't be rewarded.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-04-19 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Really? Story is arguably as bad as ME Andromeda imo and from what I watched it was hard to connect/like any of the characters.
    Depends on the person I guess, we really got to liking some of the characters and felt for them when certain *things* happen.

Fucking love Sumner, best character in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Depends on the person I guess, we really got to liking some of the characters and felt for them when certain *things* happen.

Fucking love Sumner, best character in the game.
    He never got the game, he just likes to post here.. so yknow.

My favorite was Owen at first, he was great but imo they really shit the bed on what they did with him.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2019-04-19 at 08:32 PM.

As for giving Bioware money maybe when/if they actually improve the game imo. But right now shoddy work shouldn't be rewarded.
    The story is admittedly not that strong, but IMO it's enjoyable enough, and takes 10+ hours to complete. That's worth $20 to me.

Whether you consider a reward or not is up to you, I'm just thinking about it in terms of money I'm spending on entertainment.

The story is admittedly not that strong, but IMO it's enjoyable enough, and takes 10+ hours to complete. That's worth $20 to me.

Whether you consider a reward or not is up to you, I'm just thinking about it in terms of money I'm spending on entertainment.
    Oh for sure and if you think it's worth it then absolutely spend it. Your money and your decision matters most at the end of the day.

Didn't mean to make it sound like I was telling someone to spend their money in a specific way just meant eh for £30 for what it currently is for me just doesn't seem worth.

If they are dead set on improving the game then good. However as I said the game should have been decent imo for launch. Not in 6 months to a year.

Oh for sure and if you think it's worth it then absolutely spend it. Your money and your decision matters most at the end of the day.

Didn't mean to make it sound like I was telling someone to spend their money in a specific way just meant eh for £30 for what it currently is for me just doesn't seem worth.

If they are dead set on improving the game then good. However as I said the game should have been decent imo for launch. Not in 6 months to a year.
    Which is a fair point, however we are where we are now. We can't change what launched. They could take it down and relaunch like FFXIV, but I think the chances of that are slim to none. EA would just kill the franchise, FFXIV had a company name and franchise reputation to uphold....EA doesn't give a shit about that.

I hope it does get better, and honestly, I think it will get there...let's just hope they don't keep breaking shit along the way, they SERIOUSLY need to get their QA under control.

I hope it does get better, and honestly, I think it will get there...let's just hope they don't keep breaking shit along the way, they SERIOUSLY need to get their QA under control.
    According to thee article, frostbites just horrendous to work with. the one quote was loosely "if it takes a week to fix a bug, they'd rather just use a workaround" likely hacking it together.

After I read that section I knew any decent timeline was out the window, it would be exactly like destiny. People who read that and then act surprised the game wasn't completely overhauled in 2 months confuse me. This is almost definitely going to be a long and painful process if it manages to get the time it needs.

Oh they wouldn't be rewarded, I would be buying the game used.

If I got it at all.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Apparently dataminers found more strongholds bringing up the total to 9, there's no pictures or videos or anything just people talkin bout it so grain of salt.

Which is a fair point, however we are where we are now. We can't change what launched. They could take it down and relaunch like FFXIV, but I think the chances of that are slim to none. EA would just kill the franchise, FFXIV had a company name and franchise reputation to uphold....EA doesn't give a shit about that.

People need to stop. Anthem will not survive nor should do an FF14 style relaunch.

FF14 HAD to.

I personally don't see it getting better. Especially with the drip content coming for now.

People need to stop. Anthem will not survive nor should do an FF14 style relaunch.

FF14 HAD to.

I personally don't see it getting better. Especially with the drip content coming for now.
    People need to stop what? Saying the game will get better? Why?

People need to stop what? Saying the game will get better? Why?
    Saying that an FF14 style relaunch will solve it I meant. (Not you).

The FF14 relaunch was lighting in a bottle, Its not something that should ever be repeated.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas...-has-done/amp/

Forbes dude agrees that the FF14 thing isn't really the way, I honestly have 0 expectation of it happening either. Its not that it couldn't work, but its just unnecessary. FF14 had fundamental issues to the point where the game needed a complete overhaul. Anthem on the other hand has a solid foundation but lacks content, needs an overhaul of the reward structure and itemization, and then just needs a lot of polish. It doesn't really need to be taken down for any of that.

I've been preaching similar about short term solutions for loot, one thing he mentioned that I didn't think of was them potentially taking down the cash shop for now and just integrating everything into the base game as a sign of good faith. People are regularly making posts about how the cash shop is a joke and why anyone would ever spend money on it with the current state of the game. Thinking about it it could actually be a smart thing for them to do, they're likely making a tiny amount of money off that shop as is, it would be a huge sign of good will to the player base, it would give people things to grind coin for more directly without the mystery of the rotating shop, it could also give them an opportunity to overhaul the shop into something less awful when they bring it back up.

It'll never happen, but it was an interesting thought.

15+ Year Old Account
    But it can work. A "relaunch" has worked for both NMS and FF14. There are also plenty of other games that had major overhauls. It is certainly a hard thing to get right and still gain players. But it isn't something that should be actively campaigned against just because. The industry as a whole would be better off if developers tried to fix broken products instead of abandoning them. And if consumers gave everyone a fair shot at redemption.

I doubt Anthem will be one of these cases on both ends. But it would be nice if they did.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But it can work. A "relaunch" has worked for both NMS and FF14. There are also plenty of other games that had major overhauls. It is certainly a hard thing to get right and still gain players. But it isn't something that should be actively campaigned against just because. The industry as a whole would be better off if developers tried to fix broken products instead of abandoning them. And if consumers gave everyone a fair shot at redemption.

I doubt Anthem will be one of these cases on both ends. But it would be nice if they did.
    FF's was far more the an "relauch" and completely not the norm, as far as I remember NMS never shut down, they just redid the live game.

Even NMS's thing is a fluke, most things would just die out under some sort of relaunch. Besides, I really don't see EA giving them the go ahead to suspend sales, apologize, pull servers and rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Besides, I really don't see EA giving them the go ahead to suspend sales, apologize, pull servers and rebuild.
    I don't think it really needs that either, with FF the game needed to be taken down and rebuilt with the level of issues the game had. That isn't the case with Anthem, the foundation is strong as is, they just need to build on top of it.

Ah. Yeah. I haven't seen that many people saying it should relaunch like FFXIV, I've seen a shitload of people saying they should apologize, though, about how bad the game was at launch like Naoki Yoshida did for FFXIV.