Anthem wasn’t just killed, it was aborted.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Why can't people defend a game that they like?
    Because liking a game and defending it is two different things.

You can like it but still agree that its a mess, Most when they defend it ignore the mess.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Genuine question, have you basically spent 180 hours doing the same 3 dungeons/strongholds over and over? Assuming 10-20 hours to completely wipe out all main content/story, etc.
    Why don't you hop over to the wow raids&dungeons forum and ask how many hours the people there spent in the last raid dungeon?
    I think thats the genre, you grind for loot at max level. Anthem doesn't have that many dungeons but on the other hand most people only run the most efficient anyways. People were already complaining that even though the new dungeon is probably (and in my opinion to 100%) the best dungeon of all of them, most will still continue to run heart of rage simply because it's the fastest and has 3 bosses+2 chests.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    (sadly had to stop doing Heart of Rage because of people quitting out before the last boss)
    I barely see that, the last time someone left before the monitor was weeks ago and i've never had a group disband. Maybe i was lucky but i think it's not so bad as people make it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I just wish people stoped defending this game, as it just missleads others and they found out later that is problematic (they dont read news and stuff).
    But maybe the game is not as bad as some people make it seem like.
    I said it multiple times, it really needs max level content and a few small things like markers for events on the free roam map but aside from that it's quite solid imo. Not the best game ever made but for me at least the best looter shooter i played. I tried Destiny 2 and it was okay-ish, i didn't really like Division 1. Anthem at least is fun enough to do my dailies most days.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Anthem has bugs and some people aren't happy with the loot-acquisition but gameplay is solid for people who want to have fun flying around and shooting stuff.
    I don't really know what people expect regarding to loot. Legendaries are the best gear availible right now. If they'd shower everyone in legendaries people would complain that there is nothing left to grind for. Isn't it normal for those kind if games to give out the best loot on a rare basis?
    There i two things regarding loot i don't like but they are minor points i think... I have maybe 15-20 legendaries across all suits and i got probably double that number total but half of them were items i already had. Thats annoying, especially if you consider that there are like 120 possible legendaries, that i get so much doubles with such a small number is bad. And that they mostly drop from normal mobs and not from bosses is strange, but if you know that you can play accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Isn't it normal for those kind if games to give out the best loot on a rare basis?
    No, most of these kinds of game shower you in loot but the trick is getting the right stats.

Anthem on the other hand doesn't shower you, but most of it is still bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    No, most of these kinds of game shower you in loot but the trick is getting the right stats.

Anthem on the other hand doesn't shower you, but most of it is still bad.
    Well as i said i only played Destiny 2 and Division 1 and Destiny 2 didn't really shower me in anything at max level, it was a very slow grind to get better gear, in fact i couldn't even get the best weapon types at all.
    Division gave me a metric ton of orange (i think) stuff but from what i read getting items with the best item level is quite a grind, too.
    So i'm not so sure about that.
    And thats what i know from MMOs, too, that the best loot is really rare. And strangely people complain that in WoW every noob gets epic loot while in anthem people complain that not every noob gets legendary loot.

But i agree Anthem could, maybe, give one guaranteed legendary per boss in the GM levels or at gm2 and gm3 or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Lack of leadership is no doubt just one of bioware current major issues and seems to have been for a rather long time and something that doesn't seem to be fixed enough to make any real difference but you are right. People in leadership roles rarely if ever want to take the heat and be the ones wrong and I get that very vibe from that tweet.

He refers back to that awful reddit post... Meaning to me it's very likely jesse anderson is just placating the community.
    So, the post Jesse referred to was a post written by leadership (Ben and Chad) so he likely had absolutely no say in what it said. He also likely had no ability to say anything else, which is why he referred to said post.

This is me playing devils advocate, but I can easily imagine myself being in his position and being beyond frustrated not having any agency on that situation but still needing to be the face of this as all of the leadership steps back and hangs me out to dry full well knowing how this update would be received. I could easily see me saying something similar to what he did as an attempt to try and throw it back on leadership just pointing to the message that the people above his head wrote that they said was what was allowed to be said.

From a PR standpoint I imagine its better for him to just regurgitate what the post says instead of telling people to go look at it, but I could see how a frustrated person who doesn't know how to handle that situation would end up saying that after a long and stressful week.

@Yriel The misstep Anthem did is they tried to combine high RNG inscriptions with high RNG rarities. Destiny 2 got away with a low drop rate because the items had static stats and just increased in Ilvl as you progressed. The division has more stats RNG as I understand it so they shower you with more loot (more importantly, upgrade opportunities).

Anthem ended up putting all the negatives of each system together with no positives. So you progress via power level by rarity, and the higher the power level the rarer the gear is, and then you have massive power differences depending on inscription rolls. That means the opportunity to get an upgrade in Anthem is infinitely smaller than in destiny 2, I never played the division but I'm sure there as well. And this only gets exponentially worse as your gear gets better.

For instance my Jav is full lemons, which means only other lemons are potential upgrades. Literally everything that drops MW and below is just a waste of my time because I need to spend time scrapping it and I can't use those materials for crafting because I can't craft lemons.

Its actually incredible just how bad this loot system is and how no one in leadership saw this coming. I'm sure the lower tier devs that don't have a say were internally screaming about it, but what can they do if leadership doesn't listen?
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

@Baconeggcheese Good points, i agree. Probably because none of my suits are even near full yellow i haven't noticed it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    @Baconeggcheese Good points, i agree. Probably because none of my suits are even near full yellow i haven't noticed it yet.
    I should add, the game also sort of has 2 completely different loot systems in it while you're leveling vs once you hit 30.

While you're leveling the game does a more destiny-esque feeding you higher ilvl (rarity) gear continuously and since ilvl is more important than inscriptions you just wear your highest stuff and keep on trucking with steady progression. Once you're fully in a specific rarity the game stops feeding you lower rarities and almost exclusively feeds you your current one.

This stops at 30, and the game switches over to the new system where purples are still your base drop but gives you guaranteed ways of getting MW enough so that you can very rapidly end up in full MW items within a few days of casual play. At which point your progression grinds to a halt, since your only upgrades are trying to RNG in the really horribly designed inscription system or the tiny drop chance of a legendary. Which only gets worse as you continue to get more legendaries.

Imo they have an "easy" way out of this by just continuing the initial system while leveling into MW and legendary items. Unfortunately I think its tied to level right now but they could potentially tie it to difficulty for the MW and legendary items. Pretty much they need to push us at an incremental rate into being full legendary and then have all drops be legendaries so that inscriptions can be our next proper upgrade path. At that point they need to overhaul the inscriptions to something less terrible, but I think getting us to that point can be done in a much more timely manner and would do a ton for people wanting to continue playing the game.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    At which point your progression grinds to a halt, since your only upgrades are trying to RNG in the really horribly designed inscription system or the tiny drop chance of a legendary. Which only gets worse as you continue to get more legendaries.
    Yeah. I've had the weird experience of having one of my first MW's to be a ridonkulous Artinia's Gambit. I was already gearing for LMG as it was, and paired with this absurd Artinia's, it just does more damage than any build I could possibly do otherwise. I just had no reason to get any other gear besides +DMG, +LMG DMG, or +Impact gear. I was using all kinds of goofy stuff, just because it had +DMG inscriptions. Then I got a Legendary Divine Vengeance and that was debateably even more insane. I've been trying other guns/specs but most of it is just for getting the achievements. I'll eventually go back to ARtinia's probably.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

7+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

The game is dead basically. Unless they will announce total revamp plans very soon.

Its impressive if Anthem indeed is doing worse then Fallout 76. That takes some real effort.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Had friends on XB1 saying it's all but dead right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    The game is dead basically. Unless they will announce total revamp plans very soon.
    Considering they said it would take months to fix a loot issue I wouldn't count on it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Its impressive if Anthem indeed is doing worse then Fallout 76. That takes some real effort.
    F76 had actually a decent "lolz" element. Anthem is just sad.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

No one will wait around for the game to be "fixed". By the time any noteworthy fixes take place, everyone will have permanently moved on from the game.

This turd has already cemented itself in the annals of history as a catastrophic failure

I think as a stop gap they probably should turn the legendary loot fountain on high. Right now for people like me I have some legendaries but not ones for powers I would like and they are just so few and far between I am basically about as maxed out as I can get until/unless they get something new to go after I am not sure how much more anthem I will be playing for a bit because I am basically as good as it is feasible to get right now.

Why would it take to long to repair a loot issue.

Do you think they are worried about rolling out a bandaid that negates their plans for end game progression?

Do you think they have to get everything approved by a committee of many people, and it takes forever to plan, present, approve, and develop this fix?

Do you think it would affect future microtransactions in some way, and thus is off limits for a quick fix and must go through certain approvals from both Bioware and EA before touching anything to do with microtransactions?

I just don't know what the problem is. It seems like tuning the drop-rate to the community's preference would be a quick/easy fix.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    I think as a stop gap they probably should turn the legendary loot fountain on high. Right now for people like me I have some legendaries but not ones for powers I would like and they are just so few and far between I am basically about as maxed out as I can get until/unless they get something new to go after I am not sure how much more anthem I will be playing for a bit because I am basically as good as it is feasible to get right now.
    Its basically what D3 did. They were tinkering to no avail with the loot system upon release until during a 'double drop' event the community all shouted 'Give us this as normal'. And so they did and D3 was fine for a while.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Its basically what D3 did. They were tinkering to no avail with the loot system upon release until during a 'double drop' event the community all shouted 'Give us this as normal'. And so they did and D3 was fine for a while.
    It is still good, just maybe not as played as much anymore, but I recently did a season build and the game is still fun, loot is still fun, at least until you get your bis at the base level. Then it starts to slow/gets repetitive, but that is why seasons and multiple classes exist.

It wasn't just "double loot" though.

They basically fixed itemisation with Reaper of Souls and made it so that basically shit like Intelligence rolls on DH weapons wouldn't happen. And made sets actually worthwhile.

And quite frankly Anthem has a lot more than loot issues to fix right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    F76 had actually a decent "lolz" element. Anthem is just sad.
    Both are bad games and examples of consumers wildly throwing their money at products without patience.

Not saying people can't spend their money on what they want but when you say products like this, FO76, AC Odyssey and Metal Gear Survive are fine then of course game devs continue to put that kind of mediocre stuff out.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-04-30 at 03:04 PM.