Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Well i'm really shocked by that "patch". They didn't add anything after the stronghold and now they are even removing the Elysium chests? I know they were time-limited in the first place but still, in a game with so little to do i had expected that they extended the timer and later added now stuff to them. Making some decals/vínyls/animations can't be that hard.
    I usually did the quest for the key and 1-2 strongholds every day but now... with legs barely dropping i don't know i will keep logging on a regular basis.

Yes you can, the Storm is build just to do just that but all other can too for quite some time. I'm flying quite a lot while shooting with my ranger, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Well i'm not so sure if their original idea was that good, it sounded really boring to me, like a walking simulator MMO. But who knows.
    I don't think making Anthem a looter shooter was a bad idea, especially with flying.
    I still think it's a good game but it needs content, god it needs content...
    But you got a new Stronghold, don't you like it?

Oh, wait, no one does it still because of the broken loot and character progression systems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    As far as the core gameplay goes it's really fun, compared to Destiny it's a lot quicker and more dynamic with abilities and "class" (Javelin type) making a huge difference in the way you play. It didn't work out for the Games-As-A-Service crowd who want a long-term dopamine dispenser but for people who value games for being fun to play it's a clear winner, which is why you get so many of us defending it whilst acknowledging the major issues it's faced.
    Anthem: the fun game for the brainless.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Yes, because needing dopamine hits from bigger numbers and different coloured writing is the true sign of intelligence.

15+ Year Old Account
    different coloured writing.
    But thats what bioware is known for now

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.vg247.com/2019/05/07/ant...h-details/amp/

I dont want to laugh too hard because i just ate donuts

But you got a new Stronghold, don't you like it?

Oh, wait, no one does it still because of the broken loot and character progression systems.
    Well i actually do like the new stronghold, it's the best of them (although thats not a high hurdle to take) and it's quite fun. But yeah some reason to run them other than the chance that every 5-6 might drop a legendary would be welcome.

Actually i think Destiny 2 and Division are much more brainless since abilites are quite useless there and Anthem does have different classes with different playstyles.

After Anthem, I wish Bioware would put some effort into preserving their old IPs. I can't even play ME trilogy on PS4. How bout some remastered old games that were good, instead of more new cash in online gaas bullcrap that is not even targeted at the audience who liked KOTOR.

I want KOTOR, Jade Empire, and DA:Origins remastered and released on the Switch\PS5 for a start.

It is time that Bioware started making up for their mistakes with their long term fans imo. The time for screw ups must be over asap.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    They patched out the chaches. They actually removed loot in a game where the dwindling playerbase are already screaming theres not enough rewards. People are 'mildly upset' to put it kindly.

This is amazing to watch.
    A good chunk of the community lost their shit over this because I guess nobody pays attention? These were always clearly messaged as temporary, and IIRC they even confirmed the end-date multiple times early on. But folks are acting like this was a "surprise" (despite it literally being called out as temporary on the dedicated page for them on the site) and keep calling them "content" (they're not, they're an underwhelming bonus roll that usually gave you garbage crafting mats anyways).

It's amusing, because it reinforces the notion that people are bitching just to bitch at this point because they're so unhappy. They complain about how useless the cache's are throughout, and when they're gone they complain that they're going away and they want them back.

/shrugs

Well i'm really shocked by that "patch".
    Stronghold was a few weeks ago and BW hasn't communicated shit and their pace of patching is slow AF. I don't know why folks keep thinking this unannounced patch was going to be super meaty or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Protip: stop loving companies and be objective on a game by game basis. Capcom might be incredible again right now, but you wont see me praising them if they manage to fuck something up.

- - - Updated - - -

All that means is bioware actually sucks and respawn doesnt. People just dont want to admit it.
    Be mad at Capcom right now for not already creating and releasing Dragons Dogma 2.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Be mad at Capcom right now for not already creating and releasing Dragons Dogma 2.
    Im not because i had to force myself through dd 1 because i really didnt like it

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    A good chunk of the community lost their shit over this because I guess nobody pays attention? These were always clearly messaged as temporary, and IIRC they even confirmed the end-date multiple times early on. But folks are acting like this was a "surprise" (despite it literally being called out as temporary on the dedicated page for them on the site) and keep calling them "content" (they're not, they're an underwhelming bonus roll that usually gave you garbage crafting mats anyways).

It's amusing, because it reinforces the notion that people are bitching just to bitch at this point because they're so unhappy. They complain about how useless the cache's are throughout, and when they're gone they complain that they're going away and they want them back.

/shrugs.
    Eh, the messages I've read of the matter has aknowledged that they were meant to be temporary thing but it's stupid AF move to remove them when the game is already barren wasteland and that's more of the point of contention. The utter lack of awarness in what they're doing to their game.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Eh, the messages I've read of the matter has aknowledged that they were meant to be temporary thing but it's stupid AF move to remove them when the game is already barren wasteland and that's more of the point of contention. The utter lack of awarness in what they're doing to their game.
    I agree, they could have earned some goodwill by saying that they were extending the cache's until the next major content update and it would have cost them very little. It speaks to their continued string of dumb/bad decisions.

But the complaints about their removal that I've seen are almost equally as dumb as they're focused on "WHAT, THEY WERE TEMPORARY!?" or "YOU ARE REMOVING CONTENT, HOW DARE YOU!" and both are terrible, uninformed opinions.

I agree, they could have earned some goodwill by saying that they were extending the cache's until the next major content update and it would have cost them very little. It speaks to their continued string of dumb/bad decisions.
    You just know that would have spawned complaints from people who grinded everything they wanted, I daresay it would even be a slap in the face for people who actually work at the game.

You just know that would have spawned complaints from people who grinded everything they wanted, I daresay it would even be a slap in the face for people who actually work at the game.
    Doubt anyone got everything they wanted given that most of the chests were apparently filled with crafting mats. And given that you have a limited number of keys a day, they'd still have gained the benefit of more chances for drops compared to folks who slept on it.

Yes you can, the Storm is build just to do just that but all other can too for quite some time. I'm flying quite a lot while shooting with my ranger, too.
    Hovering in the Air is not the same as Shooting and flying fast/Jetpacking in the Air at the same time.

Actually i think Destiny 2 and Division are much more brainless since abilites are quite useless there and Anthem does have different classes with different playstyles.
    Except in Destiny 2 and in Division 2 there are plenty of useful abilities, they are far from useless.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-05-07 at 10:14 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Well i'm not so sure if their original idea was that good, it sounded really boring to me, like a walking simulator MMO.
    That's the thing though, that idea could have very easily turned into risk of rain 2 with Anthems combat and graphics and world.

That sounds plenty fun to me. People have already been begging for a horde mode which isn't far off from that.

I don't think making Anthem a looter shooter was a bad idea, especially with flying.
    I still think it's a good game but it needs content, god it needs content...
    Its not a bad idea either, if done right. The thing is it set them back a ton, and they clearly took the wrong lessons from every game they tried to pull from. IMO the biggest problem the game has much bigger than content is the loot system.

The game could still easily be a ton of fun if it had a rewarding loot system even with a lack of content. That's the thing about these games, fighting everything is really samey so more content doesn't really do anything for the experience if it isn't fun and rewarding in the first place. They polish the combat and abilities, fix the itemization and the loot acquisition, then they can make whatever they want content wise and it'll be fine since the core of loop is solid.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

15+ Year Old Account
    Conference call, below expectations, etc etc. Oofies for bioware.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Conference call, below expectations, etc etc. Oofies for bioware.
    Should include the rest and not just the parts you wanna cherry pick:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...mitted_to_the/

Transcribing as he speaks but highlights:

Still committed to Anthem

Reiterated having confidence in Bioware

Launch did not meet expectations

Players have spent over 150MM hours since launch

Players gave positive feedback on beauty of world and fun of flying around in suit, gameplay

Experiencing issues as game was brought to scale, on variety of activities and missions

Team is committed to improve the game and deliver new content over time

Anthem was the biggest digital game they've ever launched? Not sure if I heard that right.

"Continue to invest heavily in anthem on content, game systems , something something - it is a great new IP and we are doubling down on it."
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...mitted_to_the/
    I didnt cherrypick anything, We know what happens to ea studios that dont meet expectations.

Still a fun game, I'll just continue to play it until it either picks up or the server close, nothing really comes close to fun of the gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Sure you're not the one cherry picking there?

"Players have spent over 150MM hours since launch

Players gave positive feedback on beauty of world and fun of flying around in suit, gameplay"

I mean lol. Time spent afk and "beauty of world" are a success I guess.

Its not to late to turn the game into a flight simulator is it?

/shrugs
    That was not only "messaged". There was actually a freaking timer ingame.