Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I mean let's reiterate the list one more time with new additions.

Lied about game. There's no moving round this. Bioware flat out spread misinformation about the game.
    Bugged release and can't even remove/add shit without breaking the game further.
    EA gave them the benefit of the doubt and about a year off release got tired of their shit.
    Matchmaking is struggling to find full parties due to the players leaving.
    Has not exceeded expectations which means EA will just Andromeda style support it.

And the list goes on. I get people enjoy a game. That's perfectly fine. But flat out ignoring the issues/claiming you don't have them so they don't exist and so on is the reason devs push messes like this out. Because they know they have people who will accept games that lack quality.

And in my opinion that's sad.
    BioWare is owned by EA. All the original BioWare staff are gone. Can this be mentioned enough?

It's only natural that Anthem would fall flat, as it's operated by EA, to it's very core.

BioWare is a bought trademark, which EA paid dearly for. The quality is not going to be here, as a result.

EA had some awesome games decades ago, don't get me wrong. StarFlight anyone?

They had good games before.. but not anytime lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    as it's operated by EA, to it's very core.
    Actually no it is operated by Bioware, EA was actually hands off.....

All of this falls on the heads of Bioware's upper management.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Actually no it is operated by Bioware, EA was actually hands off.....

All of this falls on the heads of Bioware's upper management.
    If you say so.

EA buys BioWare, Pandemic
    https://www.ign.com/articles/2007/10...oware-pandemic
    11 Oct 2007 1:55 PM PDT

Electronic Arts announced today that it has purchased the holding company that owns BioWare and Pandemic Studios.

The acquisition will cost EA about $775 million, which includes a $650 million cash payment to the stockholders of VG Holding Corp., which directly owns the two developers, and an additional $155 million in equity to select VG employees.

You see, the problem is, EA owns Bioware. The 'hands off policy' is simply PR. Damage control.

EA owns BioWare and they would like to appear as minuscule as possible to customers. If it weren't for the glaring fact that they own BioWare !!

Yeah.

If you say so.
    Has nothing to do with what I say, We literally have dev's who worked for Bioware saying as such.

Now who do I believe, You or them?

If you got some actual proof EA wasn't hands off by all means show it. But as it stands they was hands off and former and current employee's of Bioware actual have stated they was.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Has nothing to do with what I say, We literally have dev's who worked for Bioware saying as such.

Now who do I believe, You or them?

If you got some actual proof EA wasn't hands off by all means show it. But as it stands they was hands off and former and current employee's of Bioware actual have stated they was.
    Perhaps you can correct me, by identifying original BioWare staff who are still with the company?

Perhaps you can correct me, by identifying original BioWare staff who are still with the company?
    https://kotaku.com/how-biowares-anth...ong-1833731964

Knock yourself out champ.

We have people who ether worked for the company or does work for the company coming out and saying EA was hands off. Is EA clean in all of this? No they did make a couple choices (like making them use Frost Bite)

But the actual development of the game and management of it was all Bioware.

Want someone to blame blame upper management at Bioware.

Knock yourself out champ.

We have people who ether worked for the company or does work for the company coming out and saying EA was hands off. Is EA clean in all of this? No they did make a couple choices (like making them use Frost Bite)

But the actual development of the game and management of it was all Bioware.

Want someone to blame blame upper management at Bioware.
    No changing of the goal posts, please.

It's not about people who USED to work there.

And you link me a book report about the melodrama surrounding EA/BioWare. My eyes hurt.

If there was something important, just QUOTE it, please. Make it a pinnacle point of your discussion.

No changing of the goal posts, please.
    No goal posts was changed read what I said.

My first reply to you
    We literally have dev's who worked for Bioware saying as such.
    My 2nd reply to you
    We have people who ether worked for the company or does work for the company coming out and saying EA
    If you are going to be lazy and not read the story then we are done here.

Once again we are back to People who did or does work for Bioware vs your opinion. I think I'm going to side with the people who actually worked at the company.

Feel free to keep your uninformed opinion if you want, Just know you are wrong.

No goal posts was changed read what I sai

If you are going to be lazy and not read the story then we are done here.

Once again we are back to People who did or does work for Bioware or your opinion. I think I'm going to side with the people who actually worked at the company.

Feel free to keep your uninformed opinion if you want, Just know you are wrong.
    The sad part is, I read the story.

No names are given.

And it's an article by Kotaku. They can claim whatever they wish to. Regardless of actual facts, as it fits their narrative. Kotaku has been in the gaming news before, but not in the light they want to shine, but for similar nefarious reasons.

Can we at least agree that it's unsubstantiated?

ps - people who worked for the company could be mailroom employees who stayed on.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2019-05-10 at 03:24 AM.

No names are given.
    No shit because people don't want to lose their jobs or be sued for breaking NDA's.

And it's an article by Kotaku.
    Yes and it was wrote and posted by Jason Schreier who is right the vast majority of the time.

Once again we got this story then we got your opinion, One of those things is way more informed and ill give you a hint it isn't you.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-05-10 at 03:38 AM.

Bolded for clarity. Doesn't the article make the point that being forced to use Frost Bite was one of the biggest reasons for all of the development fuckery? If so, then you're really arguing some semantics by saying EA wasn't involved.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

No shit because people don't want to lose their jobs or be sued for breaking NDA's.
    You see, this is the same crutch that false reporters use to justify their "reporting".

But this is all a fabrication on your part, though. Where is NDA or Non-Disclosure Agreements ever mentioned?

It was never mentioned, actually.

I guess in your opinion, it was assumed to be there for 2nd hand sources who don't exist, and they would have mentioned NDA if they had a body.

Wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Bolded for clarity. Doesn't the article make the point that being forced to use Frost Bite was one of the biggest reasons for all of the development fuckery? If so, then you're really arguing some semantics by saying EA wasn't involved.
    EA makes all their company's use Frost Bite (Besides Respawn it seems). What they developed with it and the mangement of that was on Bioware.

- - - Updated - - -

You see, this is the same crutch that false reporters use to justify their "reporting".

But this is all a fabrication on your part, though. Where is NDA or Non-Disclosure Agreements ever mentioned?

It was never mentioned, actually.

I guess in your opinion, it was assumed to be there for 2nd hand sources who don't exist, and they would have mentioned NDA if they had a body.

Wonderful.
    Ok you think the story is false because you rather hold on to your opinion of "EA did it".

Let me ask you this, If the story is false why hasn't EA or Bioware sued Kotaku for slander? It would be a slam dunk slander case if it was false.

Believe it or not but not everything is super conspiracy theory, Sometimes things are as they are reported.

By all means if you got proof that the Kotaku story is false then show it.

Ok you think the story is false because you rather hold on to your opinion of "EA did it".

Let me ask you this, If the story is false why hasn't EA or Bioware sued Kotaku for slander? It would be a slam dunk slander case if it was false.

Believe it or not but not everything is super conspiracy theory, Sometimes things are as they are reported.

By all means if you got proof that the Kotaku story is false then show it.
    The story is likely, mostly, true.

The parts of the original BW staff being part of EA is what I question.

The names of the original dev staff are documentable. And they left. Kotaku insinuates that some of the "past and current" devs are still around. I'd like to know who.

If they can't say who, then, I do feel they are full of complete and utter bullshit.

If they can't say who, then, I do feel they are full of complete and utter bullshit.
    Or they can't say who because that person would like to keep working in the Gaming Industry and/or avoid being sued by EA. The shit that went on at Bioware isn't exclusive to it.

Coming out against the company's is a very good way to get yourself black listed.

You feel the story is mostly true so really there is no argument here. EA was hands off with the development and management of Anthem. Bioware had 7 years to make a game and failed to do so due to the upper management being a bag of dicks.

We have the story and the fact EA/Bioware has been mostly quite about it (besides a few PR replies) shows it to be the truth.

Like I said earlier, besides a couple things (like making them use Frost Bite) EA was hands off. Bioware dropped the ball and this is the second time they have. (To be clear the upper management of Bioware is who dropped the ball).

The third time will kill the company.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-05-10 at 04:16 AM.

Or they can't say who because that person would like to keep working in the Gaming Industry and avoid being sued by EA. The shit that went on at Bioware isn't exclusive to it.

Coming out against the company's is a very good way to get yourself black listed.
    ..Or it's a falsity by the press to back a narrative they desire. Using casual "sources" they can never qualify. Think of this for a moment.

You feel the story is mostly true so really there is no argument here. EA was hands off with the development of management of Anthem. Bioware had 7 years to make a game and failed to do so due to the upper management being a bag of dicks.

We have the story and the fact EA/Bioware has been mostly quite about it (besides a few PR replies) shows it to be the truth.
    (*) I think you need to take a step back for a moment. I never said EA was hands off. The article you linked was 50 pages, mostly correct, not close to being fully correct. Mostly Correct =/= Fully Correct.

EA was hands on, as they own BioWare, remember from earlier?

..Or it's a falsity by the press to back a narrative they desire. Using casual "sources" they can never qualify. Think of this for a moment.
    If the story is false, why hasn't EA/Bioware sent a cease and desist with a threat of suing them?

EA was hands on, as they own BioWare, remember from earlier?
    Doesn't matter if EA own's Bioware, Bioware had full control of the development and management of Anthem.

We are going in circles here because you refuse to accept that EA isn't the evil overloads you seem to think they are. So I'm personally done here since I'm tired of repeating myself and you are choosing to ignore the facts given to you.

If the story is false, why hasn't EA/Bioware sent a cease and desist with a threat of suing them?
    They enjoy rumors that formers devs work for a trademark they bought? derp.

Why would they sue? It's positive (yet incorrect) PR .. they look away. Think of all the folks who read the article and just think, "Oh wow, Bioware has some of the original developers". It's a complete lie, but why would EA sue, as it only helps their market value?

Doesn't matter if EA own's Bioware, Bioware had full control of the development and management of Anthem.
    ..of which your basing your argument upon the article, also perhaps along with EA's own statements.

JT, I love your Switch articles.... if you love EA this much, just buy their stock, along with their other games, prepay a sub to Origin for 5 years. See ya, but lets talk about the Switch. It's really more interesting.

EA sucks. EA Bought BioWare. BioWare sucks.
    /peace

Or you just full of shit.

Whatever we think of Kotaku, Jason is a real journalist and his story checks out from the multiple sources. And we have reports of staff reaction to this article.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Every EA studio is 100% responsible for their respective products. Bioware is 100% responsible for the state Anthem was released in. EA just gave them money and tools to create it, Bioware AGREED to the terms and failed to deliver. EA's fault was to trust Bioware to do a good job and they paid dearly for that mistake.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side