Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I should be clear, the roadmap has effectively been scrapped, but the things in it have not. They just have no schedule for it. It was pretty much detailed out in this post.

Basically the roadmap looks like this now:

First Priority - No Schedule Set - Bug Fixes, Loot, Cataclysm
    Second Priority - No Schedule Set - Everything else that was on Roadmap in no particular order, maybe.

Effectively indicating they'll get around to it, but right now they aren't even touching the stuff that was on the roadmap until the first part is done.
    Okay, I knew about this stuff and that's what I meant. If all the content from the roadmap has been indefinitely postponed, EA really needs to remove what's left of the road map on their site as it's quite silly to keep it there after having Bioware deliver the bad news.

But, I guess it really isn't coming in May unless something amazing happens since I missed the "We'll tell you more in May". Times running out if they were going to cram it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    EA really needs to remove what's left of the road map on their site as it's quite silly to keep it there after having Bioware deliver the bad news.
    It's adorable to think EA is even aware of that roadmap existing.

But, I guess it really isn't coming in May unless something amazing happens since I missed the "We'll tell you more in May". Times running out if they were going to cram it.
    Ever since the whole "We're going to communicate more" followed by utter silence, followed by "We'll update you when there's something to update" followed by "No updates this week".

Right now the roadmap is "It's done when it's done"
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    It's adorable to think EA is even aware of that roadmap existing.

Ever since the whole "We're going to communicate more" followed by utter silence, followed by "We'll update you when there's something to update" followed by "No updates this week".

Right now the roadmap is "It's done when it's done"
    Some suit somewhere has to remember that's still up and being memed on.

And that's sad to watch. Just like before, they've made shit more difficult for themselves by promising things they should have known they couldn't maintain. The official twitter hasn't received an update since the end of April. No one's going to want to do a Livestream since that'll lead to a repeat of the last one, more than likely.

Their E3 announcement has to save them if they can't get anything meaningful out before June. Not released. Just proof something bigger than bug fixes and one stronghold is coming.

leadership at BioWare is actually blaming the players (their customers) and the "vitriol" they spew as the reason of why the game is not selling as well as it should.
    They are also blaming EA for saying the game can be patched later because of the GaaS model. Neither EA nor BioWare expected the push back and hostility they received for delivering a product in such an unfinished state while selling it for full price.
    Does it really need saving?

Although it seems that F2P is pretty much given in this situation.

Tbh bw is not totally wrong, this game got buried under tons of shit by youtubhaters even before release just because of being an EA title
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    The thing that bothers me is cataclysms and any other content they add will be a waste of time if they don't fix the loot / progression systems in the game first.
    Let me tell you as a Diablo 3 player this isnt going to get any better.

It is very difficult near impossible to correct broken systems. You can add layer and layer of fruit and nuts. But when the cake is a burnt lump of rock.

Ye will never quite make it tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Let me tell you as a Diablo 3 player this isnt going to get any better.

It is very difficult near impossible to correct broken systems. You can add layer and layer of fruit and nuts. But when the cake is a burnt lump of rock.

Ye will never quite make it tasty.
    Water you talkin' bout, D3 did exactly what you said was impossible and has the polar opposite problem since they stopped putting out content for the game...
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Tbh bw is not totally wrong, this game got buried under tons of shit by youtubhaters even before release just because of being an EA title
    BW is wrong. IF they made a great game to begin with, word of mouth, people streaming it would overcame "Its from EA" You can't sell a title if the early launch days were people streaming the log in screen. because the game didnt work.

Nah this game definitely got like infinitely more hate than normal due to being an EA title, and a lot of ME:A's hate too.

It ended up deserving some amount of that hate with them releasing an unfinished game... but yeah this game 100% had more than the usual outrage culture aimed at it.

Water you talkin' bout, D3 did exactly what you said was impossible and has the polar opposite problem since they stopped putting out content for the game...
    um you might wanna check that, The game has long been dead because adding scaling on top of scaling does not a content make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    How is that relevant, though?

How is the game selling poorly relevant to their current situation?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    BW is wrong. IF they made a great game to begin with, word of mouth, people streaming it would overcame "Its from EA" You can't sell a title if the early launch days were people streaming the log in screen. because the game didnt work.
    I honestly never had an issue with the game, it's got great gameplay, best in the genre, but it has no end game substance. And because they need to fix whatever issues others were having all that has gotten delayed, so that would be what kills the game unfortunately, the delays.

Nah this game definitely got like infinitely more hate than normal due to being an EA title, and a lot of ME:A's hate too.

It ended up deserving some amount of that hate with them releasing an unfinished game... but yeah this game 100% had more than the usual outrage culture aimed at it.
    I kinda agree.

I ignored all the haters, this was a new IP for me to experience and I was going to give it a clean slate. It was really clear that those youtubers were just trying to drum up more drama after all the views they got from Fallout 76 and actually had no evidence of how the game was.

It turned out that the game was bad, but not in the sense that they claimed. It needs a lot more time to be better and I'm really hopeful that one day it'll be a game I can sink more time into.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I kinda agree.

I ignored all the haters, this was a new IP for me to experience and I was going to give it a clean slate. It was really clear that those youtubers were just trying to drum up more drama after all the views they got from Fallout 76 and actually had no evidence of how the game was.

It turned out that the game was bad, but not in the sense that they claimed. It needs a lot more time to be better and I'm really hopeful that one day it'll be a game I can sink more time into.
    You pay $60 for a game that took SEVEN YEARS to make. somehow more time is going to make it better? EA is going to stop throwing money at it sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    You pay $60 for a game that took SEVEN YEARS to make. somehow more time is going to make it better? EA is going to stop throwing money at it sooner or later.
    When 5+ of those years were preproduction and under a different team, sure why not..

um you might wanna check that, The game has long been dead because adding scaling on top of scaling does not a content make.
    If I compare my D3-playtime pre and post loot-system fix and the amount of "internet-presence" it recieved after the change, I'd say they did a fucking damn good job.

I have no idea what you are talking about or how it is related to what the guy wrote about cataclysm being pointless if the system remains broken.

D3:
    The loot/scaling was broken and made the game horrible to play
    They fixed that - the game became fun to play.
    They added new content such as greater rifts and new sets - the game was fun to play

They stopped doing content - the game became stale and people lost interest.
    They released a new character - people returned and played that character.

What I can see from that:

Systems can be fixed (i.e. Loot/progression system), content that exists already will eventually dry out even if you fix things.
    New content (i.e. cataclysm) with the working/fixed system (i.e. Loot/Progression system) is required.

The reason why D3 is "dead" is not because the progressing/loot system is broken, it's because the game is old now and doesn't get "enough" updates (i.e. new bosses, new spells, new runes, new classes, new passives, new paragon stuff, new cosmetics, new crafting etc. etc.).

Compare D3s content draught to PoEs for example.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2019-05-19 at 01:37 PM.

@KrayZ33 Just fair warning, he's not going to absorb anything you say and keep on repeating nonsense. Every once in a blue moon I try to give him a chance and respond to something he says but he never fails to disappoint.

@KrayZ33 Just fair warning, he's not going to absorb anything you say and keep on repeating nonsense. Every once in a blue moon I try to give him a chance and respond to something he says but he never fails to disappoint.
    Why are you so bitter? What have I done to rub you up so much?

Do I speak to close to the truth or something you feel compelled to defend it?

I compared this game to Diablo 3 because its chasing the same goals, endless "content" doing the same map over and over with increased 10000% modifiers

Its a shitty way of doing game design and it grows stale quick and the only way they gather any interest is with seasons where you completely start over again.

Dont lie and pretend Diablo 3 is some amazing success and so is this game because you can put hours into it. I'd rather have 20 hours of memorable content than 1000's of hours of repetition. If you like repetition then thats ok too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its a shitty way of doing game design and it grows stale quick and the only way they gather any interest is with seasons where you completely start over again. Dont lie and pretend Diablo 3 is some amazing success and so is this game because you can put hours into it. I'd rather have 20 hours of memorable content than 1000's of hours of repetition. If you like repetition then thats ok too.
    Different game styles are for different folks. Remember that there were a lot of people that still played (and still do) Diablo 2. A game that didn't even have rifts, paragon, etc that Diablo 3 has implemented. It isn't a bad way to design your game if that is who you are designing for. There is value and fun to be had in just doing stuff because you can. Heck ME3 multiplayer was a big hit for Bioware (and in earning lootbox revenue) and it was the same stuff over and over in the same small maps.

Anthem isn't a failure because of the content progression. It is a failure for a lot of reasons including not taking that system far enough to be more like Rifts and Diablo 3 for example. Or have fast enough updates to add some variety.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Anthem isn't a failure because of the content progression. It is a failure for a lot of reasons including not taking that system far enough to be more like Rifts and Diablo 3 for example. Or have fast enough updates to add some variety.
    I'd say the most immediate issue is that they royally screwed up player progression via loot or other systems. Yeah the bugs n stuff were a huge deal, but once you have that ironed out well enough its really just progression and content... and future content is meaningless without progression.