Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    A loot based game with no loot, where skins are held out of the release. No its very much garbage. But again a mans trash is another mans treasure. But sometime its more like its trash for 99.9% of the people and a treasure to a handful, which is fine, but you arent gona be able to defend it against most people, so why bother, its probably shit, but you love it?
    Did we play the same game? Cause I got plenty of loot, its just poorly itemized.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Not every opinion is correct, Anthem was objectively released in the state of being a huge ass ripoff, garbage. I like the room, i find it entertaining even if its garbage, everybody review it for the lol as garbage, nobody stopping me from loving garbage. I loved extermination on the PS2, a poorman resident evil rip off, doesent stop me from loving it even if it was just known for being a poorman resident evil. I love to love ru, a trash anime about falling down face first into alien panties, its shit, has no ending and no real story, its trash, i love it.

If people stopped trying to defend stuff they like that is objectively not good, they would be much happier. If you think flying around in anthem is enough to entertain you, thats fine. Its like my love for to love ru, im childish enough even as an adult that animated garbage like this entertains me.
    I disagree. I had fun with Anthem, i played at least 60 hours, i got my moneys worth.
    I don't know how you define trash, the gameplay is fun, the campaign is ok (Destiny 2 is much better but Anthem is much better than Division 1), endgame is missing content but for what it's worth it was fun grinding Masterwork and Legendary items.
    At some point the same few dungeons became too repetitive for me but for the time i played it was ok.
    All in all Anthem is mediocre but i don't get the hate it gets. I think that was the point, it's mostly clickbait farming on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    (Destiny 2 is much better but Anthem is much better than Division 1)
    Whaaaat.

Destiny 2's campaign was easily the worst campaign ive ever experienced. I genuinely believe the game would have been better if they just cut it altogether and invested that time and money anywhere else.

And I have become... legend...

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Then what are you doing in this thread?
    I guess I am just curious as to why there are people that still trust EA to deliver a quality and finished product or still want to talk about this game, despite it being pretty much dead on arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    I guess I am just curious as to why there are people that still trust EA to deliver a quality and finished product or still want to talk about this game, despite it being pretty much dead on arrival.
    I've enjoyed pretty much every release of Bioware games from EA as they have provided me with entertainment for many hours. When I'm done I move on. For many it is just entertainment and the money spent have given more than enough hours of fun. So why should they abandon EA in a deluded crusade of some gamers who thinks the EA are the second coming of the Devil?

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Whaaaat.

Destiny 2's campaign was easily the worst campaign ive ever experienced. I genuinely believe the game would have been better if they just cut it altogether and invested that time and money anywhere else.

And I have become... legend...
    Well, personal opinion.
    I wouldn't say its the best thing ever but i enjoyed it. The forsaken story was worse but still ok.
    Do you think the campaign of Anthem was better than Destiny 2?
    Destiny 2 had some memorable moments in its campaign and cool settings, in Anthem every mission felt same-y and the setting was so alien that i never felt anything was at stake. The gameplay was fun but the story was not so engaging imo.
    I played two times through the Destiny 2 campaign but i have no motivation to play the Anthem campaign again.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    EA doesnt make the games, so thats an odd question. I didnt pay this game any mind until some friends said they wanted to do the 15$ sub to try it out which is what I did initially. I ended up getting 200hr out of the game and genuinely hope they manage to fix it up and polish it for the future because theres a lot of good about this game that id like to see flourish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Well, personal opinion.
    I wouldn't say its the best thing ever but i enjoyed it. The forsaken story was worse but still ok.
    Do you think the campaign of Anthem was better than Destiny 2?
    Destiny 2 had some memorable moments in its campaign and cool settings, in Anthem every mission felt same-y and the setting was so alien that i never felt anything was at stake. The gameplay was fun but the story was not so engaging imo.
    I played two times through the Destiny 2 campaign but i have no motivation to play the Anthem campaign again.
    So, depends on how you mean. Story wise and cutscenes etc Anthem was head and shoulders above destiny 2. Destiny 2s campaign was horrendously bad in that regard.

Gameplay wise, yeah I think anthem did a poor job of connecting the world and gameplay to the story. I always thought of anthem as kind of 2 games where one was being iron man and the other a telltales game style story talking to people in town and doing the campaign and all that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Eh. It's good guess work, but I wouldn't trust reverse engineering player numbers based on other games as a solid answer. But it's definitely not looking good based on a month of no tweets from the official twitter.

And it being less played than the horrific failure of a game, Fallout 76.

I have to admit that reading thatlittle bit doesn't put anything for anthem in a good light.

If there is any truth to this and I can't see how there isn't:

"What's interesting about this is that BF1 is now at the last spot on the list (at least in the NA region). Thanks to BF1stats, we can get an exact look at the number of players the game has.

Currently, it's sitting at about 2,400. It was around the same when I checked last night, but probably gets a bit of a swell in the afternoon like most games do.

This means that Anthem has fewer than 2,500ish concurrently Xbox."

Then anthem numbers are much lower than I originally thought even if you take into consideration what the numbers for origin, PS and PC might be. There just isn't any way huge numbers are coming from those areas either.

7+ Year Old Account
    Goddamn Mass Effect died for this.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

That Mythic bog needs more blood tribute and Bioware was next in line.

Goddamn Mass Effect died for this.
    Well, good news. This is dying for DA4, maybe. If people don't turn on Bioware for two bad releases.

Nah, they'll be fine. This is the same universe where people mention Bethesda being garbage for horse armor and buggy games and then make Skyrim one of the best selling games.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    It's almost like it's possible to criticize something even if you like it
    There's a difference between "This game isn't amazing, but I like it" and "Todd Howard stole my lunch money".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Well, good news. This is dying for DA4, maybe. If people don't turn on Bioware for two bad releases.

Nah, they'll be fine. This is the same universe where people mention Bethesda being garbage for horse armor and buggy games and then make Skyrim one of the best selling games.
    I am not convinced. Second botched game from Bioware, while EA is not known for it's leniency. I think they will be sacked, and the saddest thing is me, veteran of Baldur's Gate, Torment, Icewind Dale and Neverwinter, not even caring at this point.

Any1 managed to enable dlss?

Edit: nvm just read that if your gpu is powerful enough game won't allow it unless you go 4k
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2019-05-24 at 07:12 AM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

I am not convinced. Second botched game from Bioware, while EA is not known for it's leniency. I think they will be sacked, and the saddest thing is me, veteran of Baldur's Gate, Torment, Icewind Dale and Neverwinter, not even caring at this point.
    As a veteran of NWN, don't be sad. These aren't the same people that made those games. It's just a company name with recognizable IPs.

They could be consumed. Everyone that has ever partnered with EA should be blatantly aware of the graveyard out back and they certainly fucked up. They could be gone soon. Or DA4 is the last try. The new squad is out of previous material if they poison that well.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a difference between "Todd Howard stole my lunch money." and "They make buggy games".
    People say Bethesda games are all buggy. People willingly buy each new one and then act shocked it's buggy. Sounds about right for the usual crowd.

You're also forgetting fun memes like 300+ hours guy who doesn't deserve to be banned for rule breaking, the canvas bag no one sued for and people buying the game after declaring they don't need to play it to know it's horrible. Definitely sounds like people who defend micro transactions in other games with a price tag but get mad about 76.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    They could be consumed. Everyone that has ever partnered with EA should be blatantly aware of the graveyard out back and they certainly fucked up.
    I feel it's worth a reminder: BW apparently weren't financially soluble when they were acquired by EA (alongside Pandemic). If EA hadn't offered to buy them, and if they hadn't accepted, BW would have likely shuttered with Mass Effect possibly being their final release. So if they do eventually get closed, EA will have largely just given them another lease on life rather than bought up a successful studio only to kill them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I feel it's worth a reminder: BW apparently weren't financially soluble when they were acquired by EA (alongside Pandemic). If EA hadn't offered to buy them, and if they hadn't accepted, BW would have likely shuttered with Mass Effect possibly being their final release. So if they do eventually get closed, EA will have largely just given them another lease on life rather than bought up a successful studio only to kill them off.
    I don't see good hopes for a studio finding new work after blowing 6 years of time and investments to produce a year and a half of effort.

And customer support after proving they will shut up and turtle if they fuck up. Bioware really doesn't have a good future if they make the name toxic. That's what's carrying them now as none of these people are the Bioware I bought from

“People” don’t act shocked that their games have bugs…
    “People” act shocked by the insane amount of bugs compared to other triple A video games.
    “People” act shocked when they find out that some of those bugs were present in the video games they released over a decade ago.
    “People” act shocked when big ass bugs such as item duplication and infinite experience take months to get fixed, and in some cases, there is no fix till an “unofficial patch” mod hits.

Actually, it was over 900 hours… and the fun part of it, isn’t that he was banned for exploiting, he was banned because he had “too much ammo”, which they automatically assumed it was achieved by exploiting and not… you know… having almost a fucking thousand hours farming in the damn thing.

No one sued for because Bethesda succumbed and accepted to trade them for what they actually advertised.

You don’t need to really need to play a game to get a general idea if you find it good or not nowadays, and even being aware that a game has problems, doesn’t mean you can’t have fun with it… especially when the original price drops by 80% =P

Also, not wanting to point any fingers or anything but…: “Anthem is a shit game by a shit developer”, “I wouldn't even take a game I think is shit. I actually have tastes.”, “I'd play it randomly if someone gifted it.”

Pretty much no one was mad at Fallout 76 for having micro-transactions, the only problems people raised about Fallout 76 cash-shop was the introduction of non-cosmetic items after promising that it would be a cosmetic-only shop, and the data-mined lootbox’s.

… and I’ll just leave it at that, if this is something that you really want to go over yet again, we should probably leave it for the Fallout 76 thread.
    Yes yes. That's why people were here complaining about the atom shop before the game even released. And why you suddenly care about staying on topic when I was talking primarily about Bioware and Anthem while mentioning 76.

But hey. You are obsessed.