Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    "People" is a poorly over-generalized way to put it, I'm pretty sure some "people" did, however, just its existence was never a problem for most.

It's a "live-service", it provides players with content updates & server hosting, such monetization systems are to be expected to cover that shit.

Also, yes, I care about staying on topic, because I'm sure some won't think twice before they try to get me an infraction for it, but I'll be glad to keep correcting you over these Fallout 76 issues on its thread if that's what you really want.

But hey. Calling someone “obsessed” kind of falls short when you keep bringing up Fallout 76 and Bethesda up, as if Anthem poor condition somehow justifies the Fallout’s, still… could be worse I guess, I mean… at least I’m not going around contradicting myself like a little hypocritical derpling every couple of posts I make…. And it’s also a poor desperate attempt to try to get under my skin, I mean, you are aware that the smiley face that you deliberately removed from the quote was there to express sarcasm/joke, right? =P Yet you are using a joke that I made myself, as a “gotcha!” every you time you ran out of arguments against me… it just makes it even better <3
    Hey. We were having a good time discussing Bioware and it's future before you showed up to take umbrage with me guessing your buying habits perfectly. It's not my fault you wanted to derail it because I hurt your feels by talking in general.

Now, do you actually want to talk about if Bioware is fucked or not? Or are you here to complain about what you did and make me laugh with mirth?

I recommend you scrolling up and reading it up again…

Because I merely pointed out that “People criticize X and Y about a video game, but still buy it!” is a poor ass way to go at it, since it’s perfectly normal to people criticizing something even if have fun with it.

I wasn’t the one who responded to it by bringing up every unrelated Fallout 76’s related drama/"fun memes", I didn’t even mentioned the damn thing until you brought all that shit up, and still then I merely corrected the misinformation you posted about it… in such silly attempt at self-victimization, you are already trampling over yourself, and all on the same thread page… it’s just impressive.
    Ah. I guess you don't want to stay on topic now. What a load of horse shit.

Moving on from the time waster. What do you guys think? Do you think not saying anything for weeks was the smarter play or should they have kept saying "No updates yet" each week? It'd be communication, which might earn a few brownie points. But, it'd probably get memed to death just as hard as a month of no tweets from the official twitter is going to get.

I have absolutely no problem on “staying on topic”, as long as you stop coming up with such transparent shit up while expecting me to stay silence about it…

As for your question, it highly depends on if they actually deliver or not, Hello Games sort of did the same, they fucked up big time, buried the head on the sand and started putting out a fuck ton of content, including real multiplayer, and no microtransactions (as far as I know) surprisingly… as far as redemption gaming stories goes, they are high up there, below Final Fantasy 14.
    /Plays woe is me music for you

And people make jokes about how the game is dead. Good shit for them turning it around, though.

That also depends on them having time to pull an asses and elbows. EA gave them six years to dick around with and they squandered it before. And the playerbase is probably far less willing to give it since they aren't getting any kind updates. Hence why people stupid enough to use their personal twitter for game related announcements are being jumped the instant they post ANYTHING. It's a dumb thing to do, but I'm not shocked they're doing this since the official Anthem twitter went a full 30 days without even posting community stuff and those personal twitter accounts were the last sources of info.

If that E3 isn't the culmination of aggressively putting their noses to the grindstone like the Reddit post where everything got indefinitely postponed hinted at, it's only going to get worse. Fuck, word is they STILL haven't filled that loot position. The clock is running out.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    I guess I am just curious as to why there are people that still trust EA to deliver a quality and finished product or still want to talk about this game, despite it being pretty much dead on arrival.
    There's little to no hope for this game anymore. Anthem, what a joke.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Pretty obvious where this game was heading from the start. Was devoid of passion. But were just haters reeee

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Ah. I guess you don't want to stay on topic now. What a load of horse shit.

Moving on from the time waster. What do you guys think? Do you think not saying anything for weeks was the smarter play or should they have kept saying "No updates yet" each week? It'd be communication, which might earn a few brownie points. But, it'd probably get memed to death just as hard as a month of no tweets from the official twitter is going to get.
    "No updates this week" is appreciated. It prevents me from chastising them over being silent.

However, 4 weeks in a row of "no updates" makes me question the company's overall ability to deliver. 3 months without a major update just screams ineptitude or just plain not caring.

At this point smart money will assume the game is dead, and they're putting together a plan to send it off into the sunset while causing the least amount of negative press.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    "No updates this week" is appreciated. It prevents me from chastising them over being silent.

However, 4 weeks in a row of "no updates" makes me question the company's overall ability to deliver. 3 months without a major update just screams ineptitude or just plain not caring.

At this point smart money will assume the game is dead, and they're putting together a plan to send it off into the sunset while causing the least amount of negative press.
    It seems too early to even sunset it. This was supposed to last 10 years, more than likely with a sequel. Any attempts to get out this early are not going well, no matter how much damage control is done.

I'm putting it like this. It'll go to EA Access, followed by console based game passes before they consider free to play or letting the game subsist on life support. It'd be a blow not just to Bioware for another rushed out game that died outside the womb, but to EA who is "100% committed to Anthem". Investors are probably nervous as fuck already from no signs of things improving.

A new question appears. If they had something to announce for the event, would they be mentioning it now? Granted they have two weeks to hype something before then, but you think there'd be a "Hey guys. We know it's been a while, but we've got something amazing to show you at EA Play" to staunch the bleeding. But, I guess the gag order is still a thing?

Then... they had time, but as you said, most of it was just squandered around and let's face it, the Frostbite engine excuse is getting old now, this was their third game using it, and despite not being really the best engine for this type of game, it’s not really the cause of Anthem problems.

Also, I agree, they need to get the loot situation sorted asap before anything else.
    The excuse was also they didn't know what game they were making for 5 years. Which sounds an awful lot like a project that needs to be backburnered until a decision is made and work on something else.

It's funnier in the face of DA4 being scrapped. But, I guess Anthem wasn't going to get that chance after wasting most of 6 years. I don't see EA giving any company an extension in the face of that.

Then... they had time, but as you said, most of it was just squandered around and let's face it, the Frostbite engine excuse is getting old now, this was their third game using it, and despite not being really the best engine for this type of game, it’s not really the cause of Anthem problems.
    Also, I agree, they need to get the loot situation sorted asap before anything else.
    I think it was both, and sort of became a perfect storm of failure because of it. From other interviews and articles I've read about EA internal culture, workers have said studios have to vie for resources from EA and make their case for why they need it. Unsurprisingly, the mega mainstream titles like Fifa and Battlefield win out most of the time. Which is corroborated by statements related to Anthem development on how the Frostbite guys kept getting pulled away to work on Fifa etc. and they were mostly left to their own devices.

So what it sounds like to me happened is: They had ideas, but at every step of the way they kept finding out Frostbite was incapable of doing it without a lot of retooling work... and every time they got a bit of help on that, the Frostbite guys would leave again. So they would have to rework their ideas... and again and again. Eventually they're hesitant to commit to anything, because they're unsure what will actually stick.

I read about their Frostbite team getting pulled away for FIFA but I didn't think it happened multiple times, and that was offset a bit by them pulling people from other teams to help with Anthem prior to release.

The writing has been on the wall. EA screwed up SWTOR, they will screw this up too.

..or in these cases release a product with so much potential .. but suddenly abandon it. Just like their other highly advertised games.

But it's not just these games, it's every game they touch .. I mean, even their F2P flagship is dwindling, Apex. There is a noticeable lack of dedication, compared to their competitors. Fortnite gets frequent content updates .. while Apex ... is EA, hence very little. Apex popularity is waning. It probably did not help matters that EA cut funding for Apex streamers.

Apex is fun, don't get me wrong. Other companies do game content updates much better. That's all.

Sadly there isn't another company with the Star Wars license who can do the game better. (note only 1 company has the license). Many better companies exist, for sure. Disney blows too.

EA is a shitstain in the gaming community. EA Access / Origin ... a funny MEME.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    The writing has been on the wall. EA screwed up SWTOR, they will screw this up too.

..or in these cases release a product with so much potential .. but suddenly abandon it. Just like their other highly advertised games.

But it's not just these games, it's every game they touch .. I mean, even their F2P flagship is dwindling, Apex. There is a noticeable lack of dedication, compared to their competitors. Fortnite gets frequent content updates .. while Apex ... is EA, hence very little. Apex popularity is waning. It probably did not help matters that EA cut funding for Apex streamers.

Apex is fun, don't get me wrong. Other companies do game content updates much better. That's all.

Sadly there isn't another company with the Star Wars license who can do the game better. (note only 1 company has the license). Many better companies exist, for sure. Disney blows too.

EA is a shitstain in the gaming community. EA Access / Origin ... a funny MEME.
    Bioware screwed up SWTOR, Bioware screwed up Athnem.

Your hate for EA is cute though.

It blew my mind people were excited about this game... Why? Seriously why? It was just Destiny all over again. And Destiny blows.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EAAccess/...23479279099907

Well, I guess some EA Access locked Vinyls will be nice.

/Headscratch

This game is shite
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

Quote Originally Posted by Maquegyver View Post
    It blew my mind people were excited about this game... Why? Seriously why? It was just Destiny all over again. And Destiny blows.
    Now now... with all of its numerous faults Destiny is a fucking masterpiece compared to this crap. Anthem is one of the sorriest excuses for a triple A game launch I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Maquegyver View Post
    I'm still enjoying the game, it just needs content and it'll be fine.

Gameplay is 100x better then The Division or Destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I'm still enjoying the game, it just needs content and it'll be fine.

Gameplay is 100x better then The Division or Destiny.
    The gameplay doesn't even work. I don't get rubberbanding, stuttering and texture popup in Destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    The gameplay doesn't even work. I don't get rubberbanding, stuttering and texture popup in Destiny.
    I don't get rubberbanding, stuttering or texture popup in Anthem either.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    You don't? Cause I definitely did in destiny.

I also don't get those things In Anthem.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.