Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Bioware had the same opportunity to right the ship as every other company that brought out hyped games that turned out shit.
    By doing something about it

They didn't.
    So they keep getting shit for it.
    The only one at fault is Bioware for not sorting out the problems and doing something about it.

Even No Man Sky managed to turn itself around while people kept on shitposting. If Bioware can't do it its not the fault of people posting about how shit the game is on the internet, its the fault of the developer for not a) making a better game and b) fixing the shit they released.
    I guess if you put it that way, its true.
    No Man Sky developers are harder than any rock type pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I believe you are wrong. Even in this Thread if you go back to when the game was released and a few months after you can see that most people here that actually played the game found it fun. It just gets boring in the endgame due to it's lack of content.

To act like the gamer police that has to actively stop people from buying the game (now at discount prices) is absurd. Have you even played it?
    I did through origin and it's exactly like I stated it was when it launched. A broken POS bioware knew about but sold it anyway. We will not be agreeing here because you can go back on this thread or even reddit or any number of places that talks about anthem and see just how many had dislike anthem. Even if they through the flying was good (which most do) there is way to much undeveloped crap combined with a plethora of bugs and other issues.

It's not gamer police thing. It's just giving good advice to a fellow gamer so they can make an informed decision and not go off something bioware put out.

I'm not sure. ME:A is universally disliked and yes, DA:I is my subjective opinion, i had to force myself through it since the combat and the story was so unbelievably boring... at least Anthem has fun gameplay.
    Anthem gameplay is OK but noting I didn't do in Unreal tournament with some mods years and years ago. Run, gun and fly. Hell, there were better weapons and we even added in super speed and all kinds of things. Anthem is mediocre at best providing nothing all that new in the game play area. So while interesting it has a very short lifecycle given the rest of anthems problems.

So while I agree with you to a small degree, anthem had it moments for game play and flying around in and out of combat is entertaining. It's not nearly enough to make it better than a mediocre bug filedl game that deserves consistent negativity for not only how poorly bioware and their management did things but how they sold it knowing it was a broken POS at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    When a game is that bad and released the way anthem was I disagree. It deserves the continued negativity so that any new player isn't scammed into spending money on a game that at this time just isn't worth it.
    Do you gaming buddies a soild and get as much warning out there as possible. Don't let them make the same mistakes by being uninformed.
    No, the game deserves to be reviewed honestly based on it's current state. If the game is an objectively bad game, sure, provide you opinion and move on.

No reason to continuously spread negativity, stick to the facts...ALL the facts, not just the ones that support your (general your, not personal) negative viewpoint and let people make their own decisions.

There are plenty of people who still enjoy it for what it is.

Trying to take it upon yourself to be the gaming police and try and stop people from buy a game you dislike because you feel it's your duty to keep people from "wasting their money" is absolutely ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    By going on and on and on and on with their whining. It's ok so say the game is shitty and stop playing it but hanging out for months and months on its forums whining about the game and shitting on people still playing is kind of childish.

Well i disagree. There are so many worse games out there. Even from Bioware themselves, i had much more fun in Anthem than in ME:A or DA:I. Both of them were much worse.

Well Battleborn wasn't bugged, people just didn't play it because Overwatch released at the same time. And as a MOBA it had enough endgame through PvP. I quite liked it.
    It's completely fine to not like certain games or types of games on a personal level, but in regards to how complete and polished the overall package was when sold to consumers, DA:I is miles above where both Anthem and ME:A is, and that is something reflected in the generally positive reception it got, both with players and critically.

I believe you are wrong. Even in this Thread if you go back to when the game was released and a few months after you can see that most people here that actually played the game found it fun. It just gets boring in the endgame due to it's lack of content.

To act like the gamer police that has to actively stop people from buying the game (now at discount prices) is absurd. Have you even played it?

I'm not sure. ME:A is universally disliked and yes, DA:I is my subjective opinion, i had to force myself through it since the combat and the story was so unbelievably boring... at least Anthem has fun gameplay.
    I was enjoying anthem up until I got to the point there was no realistic way to improve any more. I had about as many legendaries as I was willing to grind for and did everything I wanted to. When the cataclysm comes out I fully expect to plink around on it some but really they need to fix their loot until that is done every time you see purple rain it is a kick in the nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    No, the game deserves to be reviewed honestly based on it's current state. If the game is an objectively bad game, sure, provide you opinion and move on.

No reason to continuously spread negativity, stick to the facts...ALL the facts, not just the ones that support your (general your, not personal) negative viewpoint and let people make their own decisions.

There are plenty of people who still enjoy it for what it is.

Trying to take it upon yourself to be the gaming police and try and stop people from buy a game you dislike because you feel it's your duty to keep people from "wasting their money" is absolutely ridiculous.
    The only thing we are going to agree on here is anthem should be reviewed honestly but who are you going to go by? you? Me? Youtubers which no one can seem to agree on. It's clear we have very different tolerance levels here given the subject.

As in, I think the game is objectively bad and has been since the start. No amount of flying, no matter how fun changes that for me. A broken game sold to the public with the hopes of it getting better. Better being the very loose term here because it wouldn't take much to claim anthem got better since launch given the POS state it was in. Hell, review it even now and it's all over the board with negative and dare I say fewer positive reviews no matter where you look.

I disagree about the negativity and it's continued use. I fully endorse it actually given how bioware released this game knowing it was as bad as it was. At the core of it bioware cannot pretend they didn't know. They are still gamers at heart. They have to be and if anyone played it at all they would know how bad the game was and yet it was still sold to the public. Be that bioware or EA it doesn't matter. I don't easily forgive companies for that kind of shady practice so in turn I support the negativity of a game for a rather long time. They get no easy out or praise after making such a move.

I've always said, I don't mind a company making money but how they go about doing it is extremely important to me.

As far as people who enjoy anthem. That can have at it. That doesn't bother me at all and the statement alone means nothing. People like all kinda of things just as people dislike all kinds of things. It's a tolerance level thing.

I'm not trying to stop someone from buying anthem but I also don't encourage it. I do feel they should know the game better than biwoare or ea is ever willing to show or say. Someone should read all the posts and opinions and find themselves somewhere in the middle when making a decision.

They should know the game today. Their attempt at bug fixes. Reducing load times. How loot is still an issue and how limited the content is and they should know how the game launched. The shady scam gamers feel about it. The misrepresentation of the game and sold at a AAA price all the while bioware knew it was a screwed up and bug filled with little content and poor loot. The whole picture from launch to now.

If they want to go ahead and buy it. Thats more than fine and is no skin off my back but it's good to make a well informed decision when buying any game these days.
    Last edited by quras; 2019-06-19 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    [SNIP]

If they want to go ahead and buy it. Thats more than fine and is no skin off my back but it's good to make a well informed decision when buying any game these days.
    I don't think we disagree on much in this.

Maybe there's a disconnect, but my point regarding the negativity is that continuing to be negative about the game for the same things over and over, just makes you sound like a broken record and doesn't add any value.

If, however, there are changes made and the game is then reviewed again under a different scope and continues to be bad...being negative for that is fine.

ie Being negative about WoW based on what happened in Vanilla doesn't make sense anymore because it's now BfA...if you review it as BfA and find things negative, be negative about those things. If it's hte same things as you found in Vanilla...fine.

Otherwise all you're doing is beating a dead horse at that point...it's a meme. Move on with your life if all you're going to be doing is spouting the same negativity towards something when that message has already been received.

Well informed just means you have enough information to make your own decision. I can't tell you what you should read, or watch, or touch, or whatever before you feel you have enough information to make an "informed" decision. But you and I agree that you should be informed before making it. That typically just means getting information from multiple and various sources in order to get a good idea of the good, bad and ugly of the game so you can decide it passes muster for you.

I will say, that someone telling me"this game is bad" isn't going to mean anything to me by itself. But I'm sure you know that.

I will say, that someone telling me"this game is bad" isn't going to mean anything to me by itself. But I'm sure you know that.
    QFT

I'm all for calling out companies trying to censor opinions, but there has to be a line drawn - and "omg this game is so bad lulz" and "lmao still playing Anthem in 2019" and such are a good place to draw it. Those aren't opinions, they're just senseless garbage. You want to express how much you don't like something? Tell us WHY you don't like it. Tell us what you think isn't good, why you don't enjoy it, and ideally even what you think could be done better.

And this is coming from someone who's never even played Anthem. But that doesn't matter, because this is general advice - for gaming and for life. Don't just randomly flame - put some actual thought into it and express some actual opinions.

I think there is one solid reason for continuing to heap crap at Bioware over Anthem: It is Games As A Service. Bioware are not living up to the service bit - at least not to the level one could expect from a fairly experienced company, and until they start at the very least to communicate meaningfully, they do deserve a harsh treatment from the players.

Now attacking players who do find the game enjoyable is flat out ridiculous. Arguing against white knights though or having a discussion about the merits - perceived or objective -of the game is fine, and if it is something we have been led to believe would be delivered by Bioware being a broken record about it until they bloody well deliver is also fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibblewink View Post
    I think there is one solid reason for continuing to heap crap at Bioware over Anthem: It is Games As A Service. Bioware are not living up to the service bit - at least not to the level one could expect from a fairly experienced company, and until they start at the very least to communicate meaningfully, they do deserve a harsh treatment from the players.
    Just browsing the threads and I suppose this one needs a response.

In cyan, as quoted:

BioWare is no longer BioWare, as of 2007. Electronic Arts (EA) bought BioWare.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea.../1100-6180818/

So you can maintain the conclusion that they are an experienced company all you like .. but they are only as experienced as EA. (more dollars, less fun, etc.)

Similar discusstions went through this before... but ALAS, none of the original designers / programmers of the original BioWare still work there. The original CEO's left long ago.

BioWare is just a shell for an EA studio, filled by EA employees.

The dream is dead, sorry

Oh I am very well aware that Bioware has had quite a bit of revolving door syndrome. That just goes towards explaining the mess they've made - it in no way sense or manner excuses it and I would therefore maintain the criticism.

Now attacking players who do find the game enjoyable is flat out ridiculous. Arguing against white knights though or having a discussion about the merits - perceived or objective -of the game is fine, and if it is something we have been led to believe would be delivered by Bioware being a broken record about it until they bloody well deliver is also fine.
    Thing is BW isn't reading this thread, nor is it likely that they read much of the reddit threads either with the state that sub has been in. So these people aren't "heaping crap at bioware", they're just being really sad people who apparently have nothing better going on in their lives that they spend their time beating a dead horse for months to the choir. There's some serious negative attention seeking behavior behind all the shitposts.

If they really wanted bioware to feel it, they'd completely ignore the game and not engage with it at all. The opposite of love is not hate, its indifference.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Thing is BW isn't reading this thread, nor is it likely that they read much of the reddit threads either with the state that sub has been in. So these people aren't "heaping crap at bioware", they're just being really sad people who apparently have nothing better going on in their lives that they spend their time beating a dead horse for months to the choir. There's some serious negative attention seeking behavior behind all the shitposts.
    Spoken words that carry, sometimes carry changes, regardless if the intended target is aware.

Here's the thing¤: If the players show indifference then the game will be forgotten. If the players keep up the pressure then there is the very real chance that the next time Bioware sits down to do an interview about anything the journalist says: "So - about Anthem...."

I don't want studios to close or get hit by meteors. I want them to either deliver decent game, fix the game so it is decent or acknowledge that they have failed to do so. In other words I want to hold them accountable.

Here's the thing¤: If the players show indifference then the game will be forgotten. If the players keep up the pressure then there is the very real chance that the next time Bioware sits down to do an interview about anything the journalist says: "So - about Anthem...."

I don't want studios to close or get hit by meteors. I want them to either deliver decent game, fix the game so it is decent or acknowledge that they have failed to do so. In other words I want to hold them accountable.
    I'm pretty sure that if the game falls into obscurity and sales drop and the current players don't continue to support it they'll get the message. Money talks. A bunch of people on the internet dumping on the game doesn't directly affect them, those talkers might prevent people from buying, but it's the money itself that they REALLY hear.

I'm pretty sure that if the game falls into obscurity and sales drop and the current players don't continue to support it they'll get the message. Money talks. A bunch of people on the internet dumping on the game doesn't directly affect them, those talkers might prevent people from buying, but it's the money itself that they REALLY hear.
    Therein lies the issue. At the end of all this, the only people that will suffer are the people on the bottom rung. If the company tanks or goes under, if a game "performs poorly", the CEOs and investors are still millionaires while the people actually making the game are out of a job.

Battlefront 2 says hi.

Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    Therein lies the issue. At the end of all this, the only people that will suffer are the people on the bottom rung. If the company tanks or goes under, if a game "performs poorly", the CEOs and investors are still millionaires while the people actually making the game are out of a job.
    Yeah, that does suck.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimReaper673 View Post
    Battlefront 2 says hi.
    Are you implying that it was the dumping alone that caused that? I'm sure it was a contributor, but the game was not only dumped on by a lot of people on the internet, but the lootboxes were horribly reviewed and sales didn't meet the expectations and EA blamed the lootboxes for that. SALES didn't meet the expectations, that was the main catalyst. Granted, the constant dumping on the game probably lead to bad sales but the dumping alone didn't have an affect it was the affect that dumping had on sales.

Yeah, that does suck.

Are you implying that it was the dumping alone that caused that? I'm sure it was a contributor, but the game was not only dumped on by a lot of people on the internet, but the lootboxes were horribly reviewed and sales didn't meet the expectations and EA blamed the lootboxes for that. SALES didn't meet the expectations, that was the main catalyst. Granted, the constant dumping on the game probably lead to bad sales but the dumping alone didn't have an affect it was the affect that dumping had on sales.
    I am 100% implying just that. EA is not a company to abandon a money-making feature (even if it is performing poorly) unless absolutely forced to do so. The firestorm online is the only thing that brought the lootboxes in Battlefront 2 down. The rest they would've just endured as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimReaper673 View Post
    I am 100% implying just that. EA is not a company to abandon a money-making feature (even if it is performing poorly) unless absolutely forced to do so. The firestorm online is the only thing that brought the lootboxes in Battlefront 2 down. The rest they would've just endured as usual.
    I'll admit that the firestorm had an impact, but not a direct one. It was the impact that firestorm had on sales that ultimately got things to change. If sales weren't impacted, I highly doubt anything would have changed.