10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Now the cycle can begin anew and the people preordering DA4 like rubes even though its a confirmed live service title by many of the same people will "be better this time!" can get angry and defensive pre release than pull a "GGGGGGGGG TIME TO DISAPPEAARRRRRR" once the thing releases and nu biowares output remains the same.
    Unlike Anthem, Dragon Age has actual history and DA:I + DLC was pretty damn good.

Anthem was a monumental failure - it was a great tech demo and I 100% would love to see that mecha combat implementation redone down the road as some future Mass Effect iteration of Mako/Scanning/Whatever thing - that one was top notch really, it's just they forgot to include like... everything else minus half the game time being loading screens on SSD.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Unlike Anthem, Dragon Age has actual history and DA:I + DLC was pretty damn good.

Anthem was a monumental failure - it was a great tech demo and I 100% would love to see that mecha combat implementation redone down the road as some future Mass Effect iteration of Mako/Scanning/Whatever thing - that one was top notch really, it's just they forgot to include like... everything else minus half the game time being loading screens on SSD.
    Mass Effect also had excellent games under its belt. Didn't stop the IP to crash and burn horribly.

This guy's timing was incredibly bad:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...lieveinanthem/

As it should be. The game failed and that's it.

Looking forward to DA:4.
    You have too much faith, you know? They can easily screw that one up too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post

It's not that hard to make Dragon Age fun though.
    They could make a DA:I addon and it would already be alright and something to look forward to.
    By any means, that's probably what it's going to be anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    The track record is mostly excellent, the only mediocre DA game was the second one and probably much because they cooked it up in sub-2 years.

Besides stakes are very high there.

The track record is mostly excellent, the only mediocre DA game was the second one and probably much because they cooked it up in sub-2 years.

The thing is, they worked 7 years on Anthem. While DA definitely has the better base than Anthem (as in one at all), we already know that you can fuck over the enjoyment of a whole game by just fudging the last hour, as we've seen in ME3. At the end of the day I look forward to seeing a new DA game, since I love that world and we finally go to the place where magic reigns. But I definitely don't have high expectations after the last 2 disasters of Bioware and half the named talent having left the sinking ship. High stakes are also a double edged sword when it comes to creativity. They can be a great motor to drive creativity, but they also be a crippling weight crushing it.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Andromeda proven that previous track record and rich world building can be meaningless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    It's not that hard to make Dragon Age fun though.
    They could make a DA:I addon and it would already be alright and something to look forward to.
    By any means, that's probably what it's going to be anyway.
    All that time, project being crapped and restarted, only for an add-on. I don't think this would fly.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-02-25 at 04:47 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Lets be honest, if they fuck up DA4 after fucking up ME:A and Anthem, and destroying any chance of either game recovering to focus on DA4, EA would be doing the right thing.
    MEA wasn't ''fucked up''. It was fine. Not great, but decent.

7+ Year Old Account

And high stakes make for a very nervous atmosphere. BW knows it's now or never, and this may not be necessary a good stimulus.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Andromeda proven that previous track record and rich world building are meaningless.
    It didn't live up to people's expectations what else is new. It wasn't terrible though despite what the internet loves to rave about.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It didn't live up to people's expectations what else is new. It wasn't terrible though despite what the internet loves to rave about.
    Lulzy character animations, shallow and repetitive gameplay, boring story with run-off-the-mill villain defo didn't. Game was definitely a step down form previous trilogy, no wonder it disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Lulzy character animations, shallow and repetitive gameplay, boring story with run-off-the-mill villain defo didn't. Game was definitely a step down form previous trilogy, no wonder it disappointed.
    It definitely wasn't just the internet being mean (usual fanboy bullshit), as the game was quite flawed. Still, I wouldn't call it a dumpster fire either as some have done. Behind reasonable expectations (especially at launch)? Sure. Irredeemably bad? Nah.

Anthem on the other hand, with it's barely existing story, overpriced (predeatory) cosmetics, repetitive gameplay and awful loot system? Yeah no, they didn't just make a bad game, they were even malicious about with their cosmetic practices.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sucks that it could not work out.

I find some of the gaming community's reactionary outburst off putting. Projects fail and its best to know when to throw in the towel. Bioware didn't lie and EA made the right to shut down production before gamer or study wasted more time/resources on a project that wasn't going to work.

They could have done a half-assed '2.0' that no one believed in to milk out some extra dollars. They could have said nothing and let the community hang on to empty hope. They could have continued to waste everyone's time.

Its better this way.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Regardless of how good (or bad) it actually was, Andromeda was considered enough of a disappointment to cancel all DLC plans and get rid of the studio that made it, Bioware Montreal.

Track record for Bioware is anything but excellent. It is not the IP that makes the game, it is the people, and those people have now failed twice in row with steep downward trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    MEA wasn't ''fucked up''. It was fine. Not great, but decent.
    It was basically the same as Anthem. Mechanically really fun but a boring, bad story and a bad endgame (multiplayer in MEAs case).

- - - Updated - - -

You don't think Inquisition was mediocre? I found it really boring. I think 2 was much better, at least it had an interesting story and good characters. The only thing i didn't like were the recycled dungeons but aside from that i had fun. As opposed to Inquisition...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    You don't think Inquisition was mediocre? I found it really boring. I think 2 was much better, at least it had an interesting story and good characters. The only thing i didn't like were the recycled dungeons but aside from that i had fun. As opposed to Inquisition...
    DAI + Trespasser was pretty damn good. Mediocre? Pray tell how so. The whole Dread Wolf story was really good. DAI alone without that was not stellar because the real main plot was hidden all along and Corypheus was just a byproduct of that, but Trespasser totally tied everything together in a grand way.

DAI + Trespasser was pretty damn good. Mediocre? Pray tell how so. The whole Dread Wolf story was really good. DAI alone without that was not stellar because the real main plot was hidden all along and Corypheus was just a byproduct of that, but Trespasser totally tied everything together in a grand way.
    It was kinda shit to hide that away behind a paid DLC, but yea tresspasser was REALLY good.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    It was kinda shit to hide that away behind a paid DLC, but yea tresspasser was REALLY good.
    Well, they did same move in ME 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Well, they did same move in ME 3.
    Eh, I'd probably compare it more to the Shadow Broker DLC in 2. 3's was just a bunch of fan service. Granted, it was amazing fan service, but it didn't really change anything about the greater story.