Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Now Ret has almost nothing separating it from a Warrior, functionally-speaking.

This is what annoys me the most, i want to play ret (a range/meele hybrid) not a warrior.

Sadly all the ranged stuff is gone or feels like shit - Exorcism gone, Judgement requires you to be close or it's wasted, BoW low range, HoW gone, Ranged TV gone (can't remember the name)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fotmyo View Post
    This is what annoys me the most, i want to play ret (a range/meele hybrid) not a warrior.

Sadly all the ranged stuff is gone or feels like shit - Exorcism gone, Judgement requires you to be close or it's wasted, BoW low range, HoW gone, Ranged TV gone (can't remember the name)
    This is everything I hate about Ret. It took 8 years, but they screwed ret for me. The only thing that I like about this iteration of ret paladin is the addition of a 5 holy power finisher. It's not really that good, but its something that could be interesting, its a new, fun interaction with Divine Purpose. But everything else about Legion Ret is the worst Ret has ever been. HoW, Exo, the new judgement, HoW, loss of seals, loss of a dot that could be stacked on several targets with the old judgement, HoW, facing requirement for judgement, HoW!!

I have played ret for 8 years, because of all those things. All those things that made us different from warrior, different from rogues, different from other melee. Sure, there were some similarities, but there were significant differences, that made ret feel good. Our own take on everything, similar, but changed in a way that fit ret.

I feel like ll I do is complain about ret now. Something, I really never did. I could always see the positive side of changes they've made through out the years. And I could always rationalize them. But now...I'm basically only playing ret because of the goodwill that 8 years brings you, and a hope that they will make significant changes with the next expac. Obviously nothing will change before then. and if nothing changes after that...then I guess I'll just go play mage or a fucking hunter. Out of spite! :P
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by fotmyo View Post

You could use Word of Glory as a ranged finisher. Maybe I should make an entirely new topic instead of talking about that stuff here. The options were freakin' glorious.

Deleted
    It is really funny how our specc has no solid choices because of no synergy.
    Basically the only 2 synergies that they have given are the result of poor design and are also what makes the class even more annoying : The artifact traits and one of our strong leggos (cloak) only synergize with 2 finishers making FV a no brainer for most situations in t1 talent row.
    The artifact traits, relics, and 2 strong leggos aka liadrin-belt (btw the remaining dps leggos before the release of 7.2/7.2.5) synergize well with Crusade prolonging the duration of fully ramped up crusade and increasing the damage durinng it, making it a nobrainer in last talent row.