Farseer or Twisting nether for ascendance build?

I don't have the belt yet so I need to know which one is better while I wait for it.

To be somewhat more helpful than that guy-

Install the SimulationCraft addon found here: https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/simulationcraft

With your legendaries in your inventory, type /simc and copy the stuff that shows up there. Paste that into the text box here: https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/topgear

Make sure all your legendaries are highlighted and tell it to simulate. It'll spit your best combo out at you.

https://www.stormearthandlava.com/ele/legendaries/

Not a direct answer, but might help you make a choice.

Eye of the Twisting Nether is an increase in any situation, the other ring is just decent in heavy AoE fights. Even though Soul of the Farseer gives you echo baseline, usually the 1.5-4.5% damage increase is much more over the course of a fight. I also suggest you join the shaman discord and check the pinned messages in the ele chat section. https://discord.gg/earthshrine

Twisting Nether is almost always better. That being said, sim it, sim it now!

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic1000 View Post
    I don't have the belt yet so I need to know which one is better while I wait for it.
    While you wait for it you could also specify the spec...

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    While you wait for it you could also specify the spec...
    The belt is also bad for both specs, so who really knows what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by freddy090909 View Post
    The belt is far better than a lot of other leggos, for Ele at least.

For ele the belt and eye of twisting nether are the best leggos you should use for single target unless you have the gloves or can consistently proc sephuz.

Quote Originally Posted by korlach View Post
    For ele the belt and eye of twisting nether are the best leggos you should use for single target unless you have the gloves or can consistently proc sephuz.
    OP said he was specifically waiting for belt, which is not a top tier legendary at all anymore, meaning he is probably looking at some dated information. He should be looking to find either the boots or the gloves. Back in Nighthold the combo was good, but now it is significantly below both gambling combinations - it's only good if you're strictly looking for something consistent (but, seriously, if you're going for consistency just use prydaz and eye, you'll lose almost no damage and gain quite a bit of survivability).
    Last edited by freddy090909; 2018-01-20 at 04:41 AM.

OP said he was specifically waiting for belt, which is not a top tier legendary at all anymore, meaning he is probably looking at some dated information. He should be looking to find either the boots or the gloves. Back in Nighthold the combo was good, but now it is significantly below both gambling combinations - it's only good if you're strictly looking for something consistent (but, seriously, if you're going for consistency just use prydaz and eye, you'll lose almost no damage and gain quite a bit of survivability).
    Read what I said. I said aside from the gloves. The boots are only good with the gloves and you wouldn't want to use them without them (unless you pair with shoulders in some situations). The neck does add survivability and may be extremely close to or even better than the belt depending on sims but that's a far cry from the claim you made that the belt is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by korlach View Post
    but that's a far cry from the claim you made that the belt is bad.
    As far as a game like WoW is concerned, if an item is not good then it is bad. If a player has all legendaries (remember, he said he specifically wants belt), then that player should realistically never be using the belt.

As far as a game like WoW is concerned, if an item is not good then it is bad. If a player has all legendaries (remember, he said he specifically wants belt), then that player should realistically never be using the belt.
    Not best does not equal bad. He should be using gloves/boots if he has them, if not both the belt and eye are the best st options.

boots are good even without gloves once you have 4pcT21. If you have 2 rings with a lot of crit, boots+belt will most likely be better than belt+ring.

but to be sure just use simc/raidbots.