10+ Year Old Account

WE did it boys! BrM is at the top for ToS.

High end progression guilds officially recognizing BrMs as THE best progression tanks for ToS. After 9+ months of Legion, the Druids were finally dethroned (they're still 2nd tho)!

With that said, I'm not a FotM reroller, I play the class that I have the most fun on. And before 7.2.5, that was the BrM. Now, it's not the BrM. I'd say they've fallen below BDKs and VDHs in terms of fun to me. Before I get hate on this, let me say that this is MY OPINION, if you love playing the 7.2.5 BrM, then good on you.

This kinda sucks for me because I wanted to taste playing a #1 tank for once, but I put fun over power, so I'll be rerolling to my BDK as my new main. Good news is that BDKs are doing pretty good too this time around, so it's all good.

Enjoy being at the top, lets see how long it lasts before Blizz recognizes neither their beloved Druid or Pally are at the top any more and quickly fix that issue.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Now, it's not the BrM. I'd say they've fallen below BDKs and VDHs

My alt is VDH, cleared normal in splitrun. I just cant play it. To deal damage you should use super aids rotation. Mitigation is still shit. Mitigations cds=burst damage cds. You feel like you were selfhealing like a boss during the fight-> after kill it was 150k on skada. Jesus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grobovshik View Post
    My alt is VDH, cleared normal in splitrun. I just cant play it. To deal damage you should use super aids rotation. Mitigation is still shit. Mitigations cds=burst damage cds. You feel like you were selfhealing like a boss during the fight-> after kill it was 150k on skada. Jesus.
    Yeah, I thought it was weird too. According to warcraft logs, the only tank worse than VDH in self healing in raids are Monks. Weird considering they were supposed to be like BDKs where they take more damage but heal themselves for more.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Weird considering they were supposed to be like BDKs where they take more damage but heal themselves for more.
    They should have damage taken based healing just like BDK and Guardian.

VDH overall damage taken is far less then current Guadrian and BDK. They don't need more self healing. In fact well over half of your average VDH self healing becomes over healing because you simply don't need that much of it.

The problem is dealing with burst situations when spikes is down and you don't have another cd up to supplement. When a VDH has something up, they take very, very little damage. The KJ trinket is crazy strong for VDH and will lead to them being pretty damn good tanks once they have it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Their healing is based on damage taken, though, in the form of resource generation scaling with damage intake. Being able to used a fixed-size heal more often as opposed to a variable-sized heal a fixed number of times is more or less the same concept - it's just that the tuning for Soul Cleave healing is a bit low at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    DH is kind of really good in a very annoying way in tomb what I felt during HC split. When you take Blade Turning (20% more pain for 5s after parry, =100% uptime), you generate so much pain on a fight like Avatar where boss/maiden hits like a truck that you practically soul cleave on global almost. You have spikes up 100% easily because of T19 (which I can't imagine not being used. The spec is trash without it) and you heal like crazy. You lose almost half of your health through spikes per hit but you heal it back.

On an unrelated note if someone mains paladin on tomb and doesn't go insane I envy you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    When you take Blade Turning (20% more pain for 5s after parry, =100% uptime), you generate so much pain on a fight like Avatar where boss/maiden hits like a truck that you practically soul cleave on global almost.
    Blade Turning doesn't increase pain from damage taken, actually.

Anyways, on topic, this hasn't exactly been a secret. BrM has been the tank with the most survivability since Nighthold, only now is there being a shift in community perception.