Best ret-legs from a puggers pov?

So I got Ashes to Dust (I wanna cry). Not a good legendary, and its my 2nd after stride (but I tank mythic/m+ so I love it). But I only pug raids. Pugging raids is so far away from warlogs as it can be, everything is fucked, and all the concern is to down the boss, and@fail, the pug will simply kick low dps.

How does ret pala legs rank from a pug point of view? There is chaos, there is morons, there is a lot of mistakes, and it often demands melee doing the mechanics to down the boss.

first off, i wouldn't worry about your legendary rankings for a 'PUG' it would be the same as any other raiding group.

but that's your main issue right there, if you want to raid at a mythic level Pugs aren't the way to go i highly recommend actually joining a guild and raiding mythic content.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarley View Post
    first off, i wouldn't worry about your legendary rankings for a 'PUG' it would be the same as any other raiding group.

but that's your main issue right there, if you want to raid at a mythic level Pugs aren't the way to go i highly recommend actually joining a guild and raiding mythic content.
    I would never go for mythic raid, just mythic dungeon +0/+++ or hc pugs top. I'm casual, I hate guilds, that shit burns me out fast, like 1month top, and this is from 10 year experience. I'm just not a guild kind of person. I'm just a pugger who played since wow launch, off and on.

Also, looking at logs, the way guilds do it, you can actually time your cds, you're strenghts, your everything, in a pug, fok it all, it's all about survival, and not being kicked, sad but true. So I look at legs from this pov
    Last edited by cface; 2017-06-15 at 05:43 PM.

Sorry i miss understood what you meant previously in regards to Mythic, if you're doing mythic+, you do you and whatever you feel is best, if you want more sustain go for the defensive legandaries, if you want to do more damage then go for legendaries which fall into that compatibility.

If you're pugging heroic raid runs ect as a tank i would say making sure you deal with the mechanics in the correct way is the main thing, just don't die essentially, if you can do that a PUG group shouldn't have any issues with you.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shoulder is an ok Legendary, I have it and using with Belt.

Tried to Sim with Liadrin's Ring (Holy Power generator) instead of Shoulder, but got only less dps :-)
    Last edited by Kobor; 2017-06-15 at 06:51 PM.

Deleted
    Since you specifically asked with pugging in mind, getting the best dps legendaries is still the best - cloak and belt. By knowing mechanics you can avoid getting killed most of the time, and your insurance against kick is mostly showing up there near the top of the damage meter (1-6).

I currently have shoulders, trinket, helm (lol) and prydaz. Holy is my main spec so kinda lacking good ret options.

Sims still show cloak and belt as the best combo for single target, but I'm loving shoulders and trinket for constant AoE (m+). I got shoulders last so still getting used to not having prydaz shield (was awesome in soloing broken isles mini bosses).

In the long run I definitely want the new ring (again, theorycrafters say at 31% or more haste it's better than anything bar cloak), the playstyle change because of it reminds me of old ret (procs everywhere!)

prydaz and bracers ez. also talent bubble! can shit around in pug without knowing mechanics and you won't ever die. flash of light relics are also BIS from this point of view. stand in shit you don't know and take damage? just heal yourself. doesn't work out? prydaz and bubbles got your back.

miss woltk paladin when you have a proc for insta-cast Flash of light

TBH any dps legos are fine, any combo of 2 of them is decent.

The belt is arguably the best especially if you have multiple AW uptime relics. If you don't then the cloak and new highlord ring are pretty good.

Imo you shouldn't focus too much on the legendaries. They're hardly what makes the biggest difference. Sure it may helps, but if we're talking about getting in PuG groups, then I guarantee you that it's you who make the biggest DPS.

Just yesterday, I've seen an unholy DK with 2 BiS legendaries and 905 ilvl. I did 3 times his DPS with 892 ilvl and 2 subpar legendaries. He simply didn't know how to play his class. It's hard to believe but it's perfectly possible.

Seriously, let's be honest, what's the biggest difference in Sim with 2 BiS and 2 worsts ? 10% difference ? Then if you're last in a PuG group, you should rethink about your rotation or hone your skills.

Just really what people have said above. For tanking always go for the ones that will stop you dying and not ones for dmg. Pugs want you to tank, not tank and do super DPS
    As ret, I would very much want 2 def leggos and 2 DPS (for me personally I want the DP ring and then w/e else). Use the 2 def leggos if your healers are bad or if you're doing the fight for the first time. If you're a guy doing OK Dps and not dying ever, pugs wont kick you. Once you're comfortable with the fight and know what to dodge you can swap to DPS leggos and start climbing the meter