Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I'd imagine you can't since you can't even behave like an adult.
    I'm sorry you're upset that you're flatout wrong.

    ASMR by default isn't sexual. However MANY people and channels use it in blatantly sexual ways.

    How many more ways can people tell you this?

    Or will you continue to just flame me because you're wrong? Because if so I'll just report your posts and stop trying.

  2. #22
    Anung un Rama Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    58,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    Listening to girls talking is relaxing? Here let me talk about my shoes and this woman at work.

    -shoots self in head-

    I don't get it. 95% of the time men think women talking are annoying, but make it asmr and then it's awesome?

    No thanks. I don't enjoy talking with people or listening about random shit that doesn't matter.
    ASMR videos aren't interactive. What drives a lot of guys batty when women are chatting with them is if the lady's picking subjects, like drama with her friends, that he finds TOTALLY uninteresting (works both ways; I imagine a lot of girls could care less about the stuff men find engaging). He has to pay attention, because if he isn't, he's being rude. So he's not relaxing; he's tensing to ensure he pays attention because he's forcing it.

    With an ASMR video, you get he audio experience without any expectation of anything in return. It's entirely one-sided. And if it's not working for you, you can close the video and nobody's feelings get hurt.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    ASMR by default isn't sexual.
    This is my entire point that I've been making that you've completely missed in all your other posts because you were busy insulting me.
    The one force of nature they call by name.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    This is my entire point that I've been making that you've completely missed in all your other posts because you were busy insulting me.
    You. Started. By. Insulting. Me. Butthurt. Because. You. Were. Wrong.

    Its amazing to me you're pretending to take a high road. I'm done with you.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    ASMR videos aren't interactive. What drives a lot of guys batty when women are chatting with them is if the lady's picking subjects, like drama with her friends, that he finds TOTALLY uninteresting (works both ways; I imagine a lot of girls could care less about the stuff men find engaging). He has to pay attention, because if he isn't, he's being rude. So he's not relaxing; he's tensing to ensure he pays attention because he's forcing it.

    With an ASMR video, you get he audio experience without any expectation of anything in return. It's entirely one-sided. And if it's not working for you, you can close the video and nobody's feelings get hurt.
    Funny, I seem to remember hearing most guys aren't paying attention normally anyways. They just throw in an 'uh huh' to make it seem like they're listening

  6. #26
    I like asmr, a woman voice is sexy so its the best of both worlds

  7. #27
    I listen to them and they are super relaxing. There's something about a woman's whisper voice that like causes my neck to tingle lol. I dunno, there's probably some evolutionary shit behind that. I like her:


  8. #28
    The Insane Dug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    15,088
    ASMR stuff annoys me more than it soothes so I'll pass. I do like to listen to mp3s of rainfall and fire crackling though

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    ASMR stuff annoys me more than it soothes so I'll pass. I do like to listen to mp3s of rainfall and fire crackling though
    Try candles burning. They're really good as well. One of the few ASMRs I actually like is Fairy Char and her one with candles is fantastic:


    The talking stops very soon in.

  10. #30
    Those waifu ones are really strange, I'll tell you that. I dunno, not too familiar with the ASMR thing myself. I could see turning on a channel of rain noises or waves to sleep to, I guess.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    Listening to girls talking is relaxing? Here let me talk about my shoes and this woman at work.

    -shoots self in head-

    I don't get it. 95% of the time men think women talking are annoying, but make it asmr and then it's awesome?

    No thanks. I don't enjoy talking with people or listening about random shit that doesn't matter.
    I don't really like the talking ones. A little bit of talking is fine, but I use them to help me fall asleep. What I like are the ones with the ear microphone and they tap, rub, scratch the ears. Sometimes repeating a word can be okay, but mostly I just like the sounds and sensations where it feels like your ears are being touched directly.

    fastASMR is my jam.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I listen to them and they are super relaxing. There's something about a woman's whisper voice that like causes my neck to tingle lol. I dunno, there's probably some evolutionary shit behind that. I like her:

    I too enjoy the whispering. I wish more of them would invest in binaural microphones. They always seem way more sensitive.
    The one force of nature they call by name.

  13. #33
    The Insane Dug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    15,088
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Try candles burning. They're really good as well. One of the few ASMRs I actually like is Fairy Char and her one with candles is fantastic:


    The talking stops very soon in.
    Ah man the candles sound good but its the tapping and other random noises that bother me really. Gives me the heebie jeebies

  14. #34
    The Lightbringer crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    3,881
    Most ASMR is sexual based, but not all. There's this guy who gets his haircut at various barbers and I enjoy the ambient noise of his things rustling around.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Ah man the candles sound good but its the tapping and other random noises that bother me really. Gives me the heebie jeebies
    what about like scratching or mouth popping noises?
    The one force of nature they call by name.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Ah man the candles sound good but its the tapping and other random noises that bother me really. Gives me the heebie jeebies
    Ah, I can get that.

    The ones that really annoy me are when people wave their stupid hands at the camera and pretend that's ASMR. Also listening to people eat. Its absolutely disgusting.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Ah, I can get that.

    The ones that really annoy me are when people wave their stupid hands at the camera and pretend that's ASMR.
    I've never seen a video like that. Do they have the microphone on their sleeves or something? I've seen back tracing videos where they have the microphones on their sleeves.
    The one force of nature they call by name.

  18. #38
    Well, considering that he explosion of this fad is based on sexualizing it, you cannot avoid the constant correlation. I'm willing to bet that most people chose YouTube videos based on their sexual attraction towards the person in the video doing the ASMR crap. As other people have pointed out, the videos speak for themselves.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Why do people think that ASMR is something sexual when there is no sexual arousal involved with it? ASMR is a great way to zone out and relax for those who are sensitive to it and it should not be sexual.
    I agree with you generally. But I think we can find some literature about male psychology that would back up that EVERYTHING we do has to do with sex in some form or another anyways.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I've never seen a video like that. Do they have the microphone on their sleeves or something? I've seen back tracing videos where they have the microphones on their sleeves.
    No its supposed to be a "visual" trigger.


    Oh my god watching this for 20 seconds to see if it was what I was talking about triggered me (negatively) so hardcore. Its so stupid looking and I can't stand it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •