Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    There we are. That is YOU moving goal posts. Your statement was factually wrong. You never mentioned expansions, you only mentioned raids. You are lumping them together.
    How am I moving goal posts if I say the SAME thing over and over again?
    It is YOU who does the whole "no true Scotsman" routine, because apparently you cannot be mistaken.
    I was not talking about different sizes for the same raid as you tried to shift the goal post. I was talking about RAIDS, that were of different sizes in each expansion and vanilla. There was never a case of "all raids same size" - as was implied by the poster I was replying too, why did you even feel the need to barge into that - that's beyond my understanding. But here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Don't try to weasel your way out.
    Says the weasel.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    How am I moving goal posts if I say the SAME thing over and over again?
    It is YOU who does the whole "no true Scotsman" routine, because apparently you cannot be mistaken.
    I was not talking about different sizes for the same raid as you tried to shift the goal post. I was talking about RAIDS, that were of different sizes in each expansion and vanilla. There was never a case of "all raids same size" - as was implied by the poster I was replying too, why did you even feel the need to barge into that - that's beyond my understanding. But here we are.

Says the weasel.
    Even if that was the case, every raid in vanilla and in tbc had a fixed raid size. So what you said is wrong in so many ways that there really isn't much to say. You went for shock value with that statement but it is simply incorrect no matter how you look at it because you didnt specify.
    But alas, given you went as far as to make such a ridiculous statement in an effort to win an argument, i don't expect you to recognise your mistake. I pointed it out, it's done.

Deleted
    I enjoyed 10 man raiding at the highest level.

That said, I don't really raid at the highest level (mythic), I top out at Heroic at most and the Flex system works better for the more casual playstyle that me and my buddies play with.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinarisMW View Post
    Both 10 and 25 HC. They was better than Mythic.
    No, they weren't.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    Used to Raid 10 Man Progression, it was a lot more fun than 25 and felt more like a little family. Also due to being just 10 everyone knew eachothers actions. I also liked that there was no room for error unlike in 25 Man where you could play half sleeping.

Do i want it back? I honestly don't care anymore as i quit raiding in 2014 after 7 years non-stop ^^
    Yeah, back in WOTLK when I raided 25 and 10, I liked the 10man group a lot more...we ended up progressing far more than the 25 group, because the 25 group was carrying a good deal of under-performers, and eventually broke up due to drama, while the 10man group stayed strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the things In wow that I hope they never change again. Mythic should be 20 man only. All other difficulties should flex. It is perfect as it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Yeah, back in WOTLK when I raided 25 and 10, I liked the 10man group a lot more...we ended up progressing far more than the 25 group, because the 25 group was carrying a good deal of under-performers, and eventually broke up due to drama, while the 10man group stayed strong.
    Perfect example of player looking for easy mode mythic. Don't do it blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Perfect example of player looking for easy mode mythic. Don't do it blizzard.
    .........?

How the fuck is my post "looking for easy mode" ?

10man was HARDER because there was less room for error, less room for carrying, and a single person dying would be a wipe most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    No they weren't... 10HC was always either easier or harder than 25HC. You can't have a well-tuned raid when you have only 10 people (i.e., 10 classes max) in a raid. I'd be OK-ish with bringing 25 back for Mythic, but even that will be difficult because of current roster sizes.
    If 10-mans were, variably, more or less difficult than 25-mans... why is the automatic assumption that 10-man is the culprit when it comes to the ability, or lack thereof, to create "well-tuned raid(s)"? This should be a double-edged sword, because it's easily possible for 25-mans to be easier and in many cases (especially, the important ones, like virtually every final boss) this was exactly the case.

Silly position is silly.

I wouldn't mind it as it fits my current guild roster atm. However, 10 iterations of previous raids have been historically easier than their 25m counterpart. Chances are 10m mythic will follow the same suit and simply destroy the 20m balance.

If it's viable, then sure. But mathematically, I'm not seeing it. IMHO, the whole tanking scene could use a small rework beyond the 2 tank staple.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I would actually love having 10 man raid sizes back. Some of the best times I've had in WoW were doing 10 man raids. To me, I felt more connected to my raid-mates when there were only 10 of us, it was also easier for us to see who is doing what wrong (and in turn, work together to fix mistakes and become better from it)