[DPS] Warrior v Rogue aka HUGE PROBLEM :)

Hi there. First of all im not sure that i picked the right category. If not - may i be forgiven.

Second - im not tryin to dispute which class performs better, which gives more fun or soaks-like-a-king etc it's all a subjective point of view.

TBH I'd like to know your opinion about YOUR feelings and finally pick one of mentioned as my main (DPS).

Bought legion like month ago, capped DH, geared him to 920 - but that's not my kind of style. Since I remember I always loved war/rog (got em also at 110 clvl running around 890-900 ilvl) and still can't decide.

Like I said, I havent played WoW for a while, just pick up a smattering of Draenor.

Back in days things were different. Great guild with plenty realm firsts, many great pve achievz, glads, first realm war arena master... even corrupted ashbringer all these things ended after WotlK and now Im just struggling I just want get back to the right track, with proper class. What I mean is - give me some time, and I`ll do my best to master required speces.

PogChamp

These type of posts usually get locked but i will try.

If you want to PvE, either is good, do note that Rogue is a bit easier to gear up and progress because they are less "Specific trinket/Legendary" dependent than the Warrior.

If you want to PvP seriously, either is good also.

If you want to casually do BGs, Rogue is a terrible choice, too much cleave damage to do anything, World PvP is the same.

It all comes down to luck really, if you get lucky, Warrior can be more fun than rogue, but Rogue pulls same/close numbers while being less specific gear dependent.

Think of the barrier of 900K, i wont say 1mil.

Rogue with 4 set, no BiS legenderies and crap trinkets hovers around 850-900K, seeing it to a friend that just restarted last 2 weeks and yeahhh, the tears!

Then i see Warriors with 4 set without bis legendaries and CoF, tryharding to break 850K barrier unless they are cheesing with cleave also.

Remove CoF and that 850k becomes 750K.

TLDR: Rogue is less gear dependent than Warrior, not fun in mass PvP, same shit in controlled PvP.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-08-07 at 11:45 AM.

For the long term I can only recommend Rogue, I can't remember a single patch since BC where Rogue sucked be it PvE or PvP.

Blizz got a huge hard-on for Rogues and Mages for some reason and it will always be viable to have multiple in your raid or play PvP on a high rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotjunge View Post
    For the long term I can only recommend Rogue, I can't remember a single patch since BC where Rogue sucked be it PvE or PvP.

Blizz got a huge hard-on for Rogues and Mages for some reason and it will always be viable to have multiple in your raid or play PvP on a high rating.
    This is so true!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kotjunge View Post

Because warriors sure have struggled that often

As for OP, both are very strong ATM. When it comes to pure DPS warriors are currently better (just look at sims for 7.2.5 or the coming 7.3 patch), whereas rogues are probably better for soaking and other utility aspects due to their survivability. For what it's worth, I'd roll rogue because last time I checked they were one of the least populated classes, and because I still see a lot of people (haters i guess) who weren't satisfied with the latest round of arms nerfs.

Deleted
    It depends on what you like.

Warriors are a more straightforward class than Rogues, the allowed tricks are few, class hall campaign is uninspiring, you need a modicum of gear to start being even remotely relevant, but hit hard and there's something poetically powerful in charging into the enemy.
    Rogues have a big toolbag, a great class hall (and I'd like to imagine how better Ravenholdt would have been) with some solid story behind the artifacts, and can thread the needle of gameplay however they seem fit just because of said tools.

I played a Warrior since 2008, and I'd advise for a Rogue.
    Unless you like tanking.

Agreed with the other posts. You have to farm a lot of gear for your warrior to be very relevant. You will def be middle of the pack without BIS everything.

You can pull some very good numbers though once you have everything. I don't imagine rogue needing COF, Glaives, BIS legendaries, etc to be relevant at a high level.

Quote Originally Posted by Roiids View Post
    Agreed with the other posts. You have to farm a lot of gear for your warrior to be very relevant. You will def be middle of the pack without BIS everything.

You can pull some very good numbers though once you have everything. I don't imagine rogue needing COF, Glaives, BIS legendaries, etc to be relevant at a high level.
    even the 50% percentile of heroic logs show Arms and Sub EXTREMELY close at the very top of the meters. Even when you drop to sub-30% of logs the difference is only a few % and that can easily be overcome by not playing like an idiot and getting better than 30% logs.

OP - play the class fantasy and play-style you enjoy. class balance changes every patch so you may as well just play something you enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Donimic View Post
    even the 50% percentile of heroic logs show Arms and Sub EXTREMELY close at the very top of the meters. Even when you drop to sub-30% of logs the difference is only a few % and that can easily be overcome by not playing like an idiot and getting better than 30% logs.

OP - play the class fantasy and play-style you enjoy. class balance changes every patch so you may as well just play something you enjoy.
    best reply so far.
    with Blizzard messing with the class balancing, not only in x.x.5 patches but sometimes even in small hotfixes (I'm looking at you, Arms helm), there is no need to go for fotm.
    just play what you like. it's more about personal level of skill than anything else.

Rogue has a bigger toolkit, but less satisfying gameplay imo. Warriors currently have two fairly satisfying dps specs. Rogues (imo) have none.