Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Smile Are you happy with the direction WOW is heading?

So I would like to know your opinion (hopefully with some reasoning) about the direction the devs are taking the game. You can list the parts you agree with and the parts you would change.

To make an example here is my opinion:

I'm very happy with the art and quest design and also have a very positive opinion about the story lines , which I think are improving with every expansion. With raids I feel like its kind of a mid achievement compared to previous raids. ( I regard ulduar as a reference point as being the best one so far, and maybe AQ40)

Where I think the game is taking a wrong turn is the social aspect , with the overusing of cross realm and finder tools for everything making a lot of things more anonymous and single playerish. Also I don't like how there is too much random factor , and the rewards are not that much different for doing way harder content.

So overall I enjoy the game , and I see considerable improvements in some areas , but I'm concerned about the gaming becoming more antisocial.

What is your opinion?

10+ Year Old Account
    In the development of system, model, textures and updates - Yes, I am happy with the direction.
    In the development of implementation, information and announcement - Yes, I am happy with the direction. I am loving the World Quest system more than just the older version of Daily quests. As well, the Class Halls, some of them are quite awesome. Then again, I am one of the hated ones whom actually liked the Twitter feature.
    In the development of creation, setup and execution - This could have been handled better but Legion IS doing better than WoD, in my book.
    In the development of Updating, recreating and relaunching - This could have been handled better, the older contents needs to follow up a bit more.
    In the development of Lore, story and quests - They need to adjust, keep in a specific path instead of hopskipping. The quests, however, are still on par of what they used to have.
    In the development of in-game restrictions - They need to review a lot of their points, especially under transmogging.

Overall: with the current updates and advancements, they are going the right path. But they need to handle the character writing and story better, and granted more for the player.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

What can I do, other than voting with my wallet? You should too.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

7+ Year Old Account
    Haven't been happy with the direction of wow since path 4.2. Though, I have to admit, I did enjoy the content of MoP.

Right direction, compare this to WoD. There is way more to do, it's not perfect but it's definitely the right way to be going.

So in short: Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Questing - yes
    Raids - yes
    Dungeons - yes
    Loot - No. Please remove titanforging, I shouldn't be disappointed when I get a piece of gear to drop.
    Artifacts - yes, alternate player progression is cool
    Story - before Legion I would have said hell no, but they're on the right track now
    Class fantasy - mostly, theres still a few specs being experimented with
    Class balance - mostly, theres still a few garbage specs tuning wise. And everybody knows which ones lmao
    Flying - No. Pathfinder has been used as an excuse to not give proper rewards for max level questing & reputation for far too long.
    Zone design - No, I vastly prefer huge open flying-focused zones like in Northrend.
    Last edited by Trollfat; 2017-06-18 at 07:28 PM.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

In so many ways in legion they went the right direction but screwed up what could have been a huge subscription building expansion with excessive RNG, profession grind with tons of RNG, pvp with gearing RNG, and excessive artifact weapon grind for raiders and alts. The sad reality is that they will probably throw more baby out with the bath water in the next expansion and keep stupid no fun things like the order hall missions. The biggest disappointment of all though is that they still haven't addressed the social QoL losses that so many have been driven away from the game through the creation of LFR, LFD, and now CRZ. At this point i really dont believe that there is a unified desire at Blizzard for WoW to succeed. Too bad that so much great content being created by some developers is being ruined by others that are either too clueless or selfish to understand what the game needs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some parts I think are doing well. Sans some hiccups here or there.
    Dungeons and raids have been great this expansion, and while I'm bored with world quests, it was great for getting people out in the world to do things.
    RNG on RNG is where some changes needs to be done. Yes RNG will always be in MMO's, but Titan and Warforging makes gearing frustrating as is the 'random drop' legendary system. Being outperformed even if you do your rotation perfectly because you don't have "X' legendary or 'X' Forged gear piece has been a bit demoralizing this expansion.

Overall yes, sure there are bits and bops here and there where they need to do a better job, more specifically they need to either be more consistent in regards to patch content quality e.g the difference between the suramar campaign and the broken shore campaign, I understand the reasoning behind making the broken shore campaign super generic in order to allegedly focus on 7.3 but alot of people were expecting it to be on par with the Suramar insurrection campaign so I think they could have done a better job at curbing peoples expectations. Aside from that I really don't have any complaints about Legion or WoW in general so like I said at the beginning I am overall happy with the direction WoW is heading.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am happy with just about everything the game has to offer except for class design(and pvp balance)... The pruning has gone way overbaord, needs to be taken back to WotLK/cata era of # of spells available... Give us our stuff back, the gameplay feels extremely one dimensional post pruning... High variance of spells, even if some only have niche uses, gives high gameplay variance, high gameplay variance makes fun.

Also bring back actual CLASS fantasy, there is too much focus on SPEC fantasy right now and it's killing actual class fantasy... Every spec feels like it's own class at this point and I really don't like that.. Specializations are supposed to take a piece of the class' basic kit, and improve upon it while adding 2-3 spells on top, not replace almost everything and have almost no shared spells between specs. Go back to most of the class' spells being in the basic kit with the spec adding a couple things + talents, player chooses what to use, where and when from that larger basic kit.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Story is meh so far
    Love the world quest system
    Hate the Mythic + system
    Love the class hall system
    Pretty meh with the class design
    The legendary system is an abomination

I only do lfr, and so far have found all of the raids tediously boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    I only do lfr, and so far have found all of the raids tediously boring.
    I wonder why..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by syar View Post
    Where I think the game is taking a wrong turn is the social aspect , with the overusing of cross realm and finder tools for everything making a lot of things more anonymous and single playerish. Also I don't like how there is too much random factor , and the rewards are not that much different for doing way harder content.
    Re: The Social Aspect
    People don't like being forced to be social. Especially with many of the crowd that play the game. It's Blizzard's responsibility to make sure that opportunities for social play are available. They are. Cross-realm is fine. If you make a friend cross-realm, add their battle tag to friends. The surest way for Blizzard to ruin their game is to start forcing people to play with others when they aren't interested in doing so.

Re: Direction
    I don't even know if the question is valid. They tried making the game more engaging by making it just a bit more difficult in Cataclysm and the population fell off a cliff. So with respect to difficulty I expect that to be about the same, a little something for everyone. As for everything else each expansion seems to be some sort of experiment in designing a game that would have been more interesting a year or two ago. Which makes sense since the broad design decisions for an expansion are largely made a couple of years before it launches. They're just trying to follow their audience. Personally, I wish they would stop following and start leading but that's just me.

Summing up: I think you're totally wrong about the social aspect of the game. Your social game is what you make of it. It's not up to Blizzard to do anything more than provide tools for social play. If most people are only interested in playing with a small group of friends or alone, then that's their choice. Finder tools aren't social or anti-social by nature except to those that want Blizzard to force people to spam chat channels to start up a group. I'd rather not. With respect to realms, I would much rather have a wider group of players to group up with than a limited group defined by realm. People come and go. You need flexibility to find and group up with people. Building walls around realms won't fix anything at this point.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-06-19 at 01:10 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything but the gameplay is good. Pruning sucks. RNG sucks. Endless grinds suck. Classes suck.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2017-06-19 at 02:47 AM.

Nope and that's why I have hanged my hat up with WoW. Ill keep my eye on WoW but as it stands I won't be returning in the foreseeable future.

Enjoying FFXIV and Runescape
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by syar View Post
    So I would like to know your opinion (hopefully with some reasoning) about the direction the devs are taking the game. You can list the parts you agree with and the parts you would change.

To make an example here is my opinion:

I'm very happy with the art and quest design and also have a very positive opinion about the story lines , which I think are improving with every expansion. With raids I feel like its kind of a mid achievement compared to previous raids. ( I regard ulduar as a reference point as being the best one so far, and maybe AQ40)

So overall I enjoy the game , and I see considerable improvements in some areas , but I'm concerned about the gaming becoming more antisocial.

What is your opinion?
    If you mean Ultimately to its end The yes. Just like life, that first breath you take starts the countdown to the last.

Few things:

- Rng fucking sucks in every aspect. It's not fun, and is more so frustrating.
    - Warforge / Titanforge is atrocious. It was implemented to be a rare upgrade to a piece of gear, yet here I am 3/4 in titanforge. Wut.
    - Legendaries. The overall system is a good idea. Extremely poorly executed.
    - Artifact Power should have capped at 54 and stayed there full stop. Thankfully it's less of an issue now.
    - Relics were a cool idea but became frustrating, especially when deciding if it's actually an upgrade.
    - World quests were a good idea and gives people the option to freely do a variety of content
    - Fuck Celestalon

The game is definitely going in a better direction overall. Legion is leaps and bounds better than WoD. I just feel they dropped the ball on a few important 'features' for Legion.

Legion is a step in the right direction after WOD although I would like the pace of the game to slow down. Players are too worried about efficiency that it ruins the game at some point. If the game was tuned harder in the outdoor world questing would be more fun and not so much of a chore.. I know I can knock the shit out of all the wq on the map but is it fun? no its so damn easy. World quests do not replace quest hubs well in my opinion. It feels better to go to a town talk to npcs for quests and then come back to them when the mission is done. the towns in legion are so tiny and the zones feel so cramped. Brill back in tirisfal is the size of like 3 of the legion hubs combined if you include the graveyard

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Class design is a joke. Especially ranged dps.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside of the Chromie scenario i feel most of the last few patches were botched and underworked.

I'm already abandoning ship after only 9 months of coming back from a 5 years break, on the plus side i got out of WoW richer, not poorer like 5 years earlier! xD