10+ Year Old Account

Cho'Gall failed experiment?

Any ideas, why people thinks Cho'Gall is failed experiment?

The only thing comes to my mind, is that he requirers two players to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry I guess I might just be out of the loop, why is Cho'gall considered a failed experiment? Or is that what you are asking? If so why and where did you hear that?

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post

Requiring two players to play IS the experiment, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldon View Post
    Sorry I guess I might just be out of the loop, why is Cho'gall considered a failed experiment? Or is that what you are asking? If so why and where did you hear that?
    I saw some opinions in Poland hots forums, that Cho'Gall is actually an failure, but i don't have intent ask there, since Poland players in HOTS mostly are bad.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've played against him many times and he was always very strong.

I don't see how he is "failed", he is actually extremely unique and well conceived.

The only failed part of Chogall is that he was always underpowered, ever since he was released. He just has too many hard counters. Mechanically he is fantastic and the "two players - one hero" part works great, but people lose interest if one giant killer is enough to ruin your day. Not to mention stuff like Leoric, Tychus, Anub, Malthael and multitude of other hard counters...

I also don't get why you can't queue up as Cho or Gall in QM without the second player, and just get matched. In draft mode you can pick Chogall with someone you don't know and it usually works just fine. This contributes to him being unpopular.

I wouldn't say failed. Requiring two players is always going to limit his appeal of course.

In terms of his actual balance, I think he's very swingy - a good Chog can dominate a game and a bad Chog can doom one. That's probably just the nature of a dual hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Cho'Gall has been the only reason why I played Hots for a long time. It's incredibly fun if you play him with a good mate.

I saw some opinions in Poland hots forums, that Cho'Gall is actually an failure, but i don't have intent ask there, since Poland players in HOTS mostly are bad.
    I'm from Poland and I'm always in Master/GM, I feel offended by this! :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Cho'Gall has been the only reason why I played Hots for a long time. It's incredibly fun if you play him with a good mate.
    seems fun, i hvaen't played him yet. i usually stick to muradin becuase im new

10+ Year Old Account

It's not a problem it requires two people, the problem is, most people play solo, so the pairing is pretty unlikely (two people, at random, choose Cho and Gall, more or less at the same time)..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Fun to play with a buddy, more so if you're bit drunk

Considering he was picked in HGC, even if it was just in group stage, I'd say he's not a failed experiment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

he has his place just like every other hero

10+ Year Old Account
    Cho'Gall
    +
    Abathur Hat
    +
    Morales Stim Boost
    +
    Raynor Inspire
    =
    THERE ARE NO BREAKS ON THE RAPE TRAIN!

It's terrible in any kind of organised play, but in standard Quick Matches, it's hilariously fun.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I think needing 2 players is all that holds him back. Allow people to soloque Cho or Gall for QM and his popularity'll skyrocket.

As for actual balance, I think he's fine, not any better or worse off than a hero like Zera or Madivh imo. By that I mean weak at low level and progressively better the higher you go.

I think he is just misunderstood. I play him a lot, and a fair bit of the games there is an instant complaint (had a game where before the first minions spawned I was being pinged and yelled at).

He has all of three counters, and two of them really don't pose much of a threat.

He can soak two lanes well, bully any single hero on their own, and after level 10 is an immense threat in team fights with an aoe stun and gall's ult. After 10, I don't think there is a combo of characters I've ever had problems with.
    and then he cupped my balls...

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post

I also don't get why you can't queue up as Cho or Gall in QM without the second player, and just get matched. In draft mode you can pick Chogall with someone you don't know and it usually works just fine. This contributes to him being unpopular.
    Yeah this is the part I don't get. Like if I have to wait longer to get matched with someone playing the other half, so be it. It's better than not being able to play him at all unless I have a friend queueing with me.

The only "failed" part is that it requires a friend or someone who agrees to play it with you, otherwise it's awesome in every way