Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    As I recall from my DK's intro, isn't part of the agreement that the Ebon Blade goes in, and the Lich King stays out?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be suprised, if Ner'Zhul main universe might appear as boss in next expansion focused in void etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Macilento View Post
    After all we literally asked help to anyone during the quests to get into the tomb, why not him as well?

The answer lies in the final line that Bolvar drops before the cutscene ends:

There must always be the Lich King.
    But why? To keep all those Scourge docile. Can't show you the source as I did lot of reading and lost track on what and where I saw, but why there has to be LK? LK is the hive mind of the Scourge. LK serves as its will. We had problems with Scourge because LK (Ner'zhul then) wished so. Then he merged with Arthas to break free from Legion's grasp. But still was in control of a Scourge. Now we killed ... well, something, some part, Arthas' soul/fragment. Let's call it decisive factor. Without it Scourge will go mindless rage. So "we" had to replace that broken decisive part. Bolvar plays that role.

So while "LK" entity was the armor and Helm of Command, augmented by the Frostmourne and a final result of Ner'zhul, Arthas and Bolvar merging I dare to say "it" helps us pretty good with NOT allowing the Scourge to go full retard. Also, Bolvar's leading will hints DKs with various tips (4 Horseman, Sindragosa 2.0 and ofc artifacts). Current LK is busy keeping Scourge in check while makes us, Deathlords, true and powerful leaders who have entire Ebon Blade under command.

Indirect help but still counts.

Deleted
    The Lich King is helping - part of the agreement that the Knights of the Ebon Blade and the Lich King have is that they will work with him to stop the Legion but only on the condition that the Lich King keeps the scourge in check and most important - on Northrend. The rest of the world doesn't know that the Lich King is still alive and thought he died when we killed Arthas, i would presume they want to keep it that way. The Lich King has been helping in the background - taking out Legion agents without the other heroes of the Alliance and Horde knowing. Also through helping the player DK with artifacts.

Deleted
    He is helping, just from behind the scenes by aiding Acherus. Since Legion started, Bolvar provided the ebon blade several tools to deal with the legion: three artifacts, the ritual to raise the four horsemen, and two shiny undead dragons (basically two new sindragosas).

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    They can't make him an outright ally because that won't work for wotlk 2.0
    this could be the prelude for a 3rd faction

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    he's helping through the ebon blade. i don't believe he has fine control over the scourge.

he could unleash it on the tomb, but they would probably attack allies and enemies alike.

the ebon blade is helping him specifically to avoid that.
    I think this probably plays a major role. Use the ebon blade that have better control of themselves to lend his power to the fray but not risk having to extend himself to much and then lose control over the scourge or the urges of the role the lich king gives. No point jogging anybodies elbow but lend potent assistance as he is able which is what he is doing.

play the DK class quests and i don't know if i trust the new LK or not.. heck during the mount quest there are a few VERY ominous lines that are either their for flavor or hinting at things to come.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22